46 minutes ago, cptnnutt said:

i poked around the CE events xml to see what it would take to create a new event and it's actually a lot easier than i thought it would be. that said, i'm using that opportunity to expand on the existing events to give them a bit of flavor and different choices based on your perversion persuasion. so far i've just modified the drunk/flirt event to include a more accepting, promiscuous option - in addition to just ignoring their babbling - and it works quite well.

Just please, make new events in new separate XML files, and share them. :)

I am working on an XML file relating to the pregnancy / pregnancy risk kink. Soon pregnancy will work better I am sure.

After I've tested them, I will share in this thread.

Please NOTE that it will read ALL XML files in that folder and look for events.

2 hours ago, YoungSailorGlitter said:

Just please, make new events in new separate XML files, and share them. :)

i would if i knew what i was doing. the extent of my mod-modding capabilities is editing the mod files themselves, and i wouldn't begin to know how to create a new .xml that depends on the other files of this mod.

i'm also playing with the idea of linking outcome events into new events, and i've successfully created a branching multi-stage event centered around the "sleep creep" event, where the player has the option to coax the captor into receiving a blowjob from them, complete with two different outcomes for having the captor cum inside or outside. it's getting to be fun playing with the staging and crafting new stories, and it kind of reminds me of CK2 modding except this feels way simpler.

my next venture is adding more yennefer images to the sprites folder for altogether new events, so we'll see how that goes.

Thank you for uploading non-beta version too. I couldn't use this mod previously because it was beta version only, I play on stable :)

I am glad to see that the mod will use an xml library system so writers can add their own events too! Looking forward to see what the future will have in hold for this mod and Bannerlord in general

28 minutes ago, cptnnutt said:

i would if i knew what i was doing. the extent of my mod-modding capabilities is editing the mod files themselves, and i wouldn't begin to know how to create a new .xml that depends on the other files of this mod.

i'm also playing with the idea of linking outcome events into new events, and i've successfully created a branching multi-stage event centered around the "sleep creep" event, where the player has the option to coax the captor into receiving a blowjob from them, complete with two different outcomes for having the captor cum inside or outside. it's getting to be fun playing with the staging and crafting new stories, and it kind of reminds me of CK2 modding except this feels way simpler.

my next venture is adding more yennefer images to the sprites folder for altogether new events, so we'll see how that goes.

Take the xml file.

Copy it to a new version. Like cpnuttevents.xml.

Remove all EVENT tags except one.

Change it to what you want/need.

Then add another EVENT tag. Etc.

If this is in any way unclear I can make an image-illustrated guide in how-to.

13 hours ago, BadListener said:

I figured out how to emulate your issue.

Spoiler

Navigate to \zCaptivityEvents\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client\ and unblock the file.

I added logging so it needs permission to write and overwrite its folder.

image.png.a924643dff048acf7ffef3ff889ba260.png

So, I don't have that option. Either mine isn't being blocked, and the security isn't being triggered or I really messed something up that I shouldn't have ?

Spoiler

992754.png.a8372d6f71817c69532b246279c33433.png

I was able to update to 1.03 on a separate machine and played with the 1.03 beta version and installed the updated 1.02 onto the other computer which is on 1.02.    1.03 is definitely less stable than 1.02.   Does the updated 1.02 version use Modlib or not?  It doesn't say in the description.  I've had some freezeups/CTD with 1.03, but yet to see one with the 1.02 version of the mod but I've only played roughly 30 mins with it.

On the 1.03 version you can't save settings after customizing them for the mod without crashing it always reverts to the default setting.   You can do that with 1.02 for sure and it'll save properly.

so after a bit of prying, and i'm not 100% sure if this is intentional, setting up new images for the events is kinda tricky. i had to learn what a .symlink file is and how to create them. the whole ordeal took me about twenty minutes and a few permission/file location errors. however, once i got the new folder set up, images worked perfectly! only problem is i'm going to have to delete the linked folder and relink it every time i want to add files to it.

2 minutes ago, cptnnutt said:

so after a bit of prying, and i'm not 100% sure if this is intentional, setting up new images for the events is kinda tricky. i had to learn what a .symlink file is and how to create them. the whole ordeal took me about twenty minutes and a few permission/file location errors. however, once i got the new folder set up, images worked perfectly! only problem is i'm going to have to delete the linked folder and relink it every time i want to add files to it.

Not intentional shouldn't have to touch any symlink files. Just make sure they are png and put them in where all the other pictures are in, in sprites.

Just now, BadListener said:

Not intentional shouldn't have to touch any symlink files. Just make sure they are png and put them in where all the other pictures are in, in sprites.

i tried that first, and the mod message at the main menu told me it only loaded ten images instead of the additional 9 i've put in. i think i know why it's doing that, actually. i'll have to back up the files i've made and reinstall the mod manually as opposed to using a mod manager ?‍♂️

31 minutes ago, cptnnutt said:

i tried that first, and the mod message at the main menu told me it only loaded ten images instead of the additional 9 i've put in. i think i know why it's doing that, actually. i'll have to back up the files i've made and reinstall the mod manually as opposed to using a mod manager ?‍♂️

Now that makes sense make sure your mod manager is in the same partition as your game and enabled hardlinks if you installed the mod through a mod manager

1 hour ago, Schmee said:

So, I don't have that option. Either mine isn't being blocked, and the security isn't being triggered or I really messed something up that I shouldn't have ?

Reveal hidden contents

992754.png.a8372d6f71817c69532b246279c33433.png

Try downloading 1.2.0 and reverting your game back to latest stable release

So, I was writing some simple events to get the hang of things, and I realized that I would really like to have a couple things to play with:

1: the ability to give different types of xp.

2: the ability to heal and harm the player's health.

If these two things are already doable, it is unclear to me how to do them. Another thing that is unclear is if you can change the amount of denars to add to the player after an event, and how to do it, if possible.

I have around 30 simple event's that are ready to post. But I'd like to give the player the option to decide their outcome and have it matter in a cost/reward kind of way before I post them. I'll be working on longer branching paths next and see what I can do there.

EDIT:would also be nice to have path randomization.

36 minutes ago, SadSun said:

So, I was writing some simple events to get the hang of things, and I realized that I would really like to have a couple things to play with:

1: the ability to give different types of xp.

2: the ability to heal and harm the player's health.

If these two things are already doable, it is unclear to me how to do them. Another thing that is unclear is if you can change the amount of denars to add to the player after an event, and how to do it, if possible.

I have around 30 simple event's that are ready to post. But I'd like to give the player the option to decide their outcome and have it matter in a cost/reward kind of way before I post them. I'll be working on longer branching paths next and see what I can do there.

EDIT:would also be nice to have path randomization.

@BadListener have told me that 'TakeDamage' will be added. And I totally agree. But I feel that first write the event, then suggest the code change?

That way no unnecessary things will be added?-

2 hours ago, YoungSailorGlitter said:

VZE's Pregnancy Kink Events version 0.1

Pregnant-Woman-Profile-Silhouette.png

Please gametest it :)

I have put in a lot of comments that might help other modders.

Just 0.1 people, be nice. 12 new events.

vzePregKinkEvents.xml 16.79 kB · 8 downloads

Adding it to the base game, going to enable some new options and get some xmls working update coming in tomorrow.

Currently working on the slave trade event.

I found a minor issue about installing this mod via Vortex, so in a zip file that you download there are some empty folders, and if you install it via Vortex, for some reason Vortex will ignore those empty folders and not save them or deploy them. I'd suggest just putting dummy files inside those empty folders to avoid this issue in the future!

If you let Vortex do its thing and install the mod without those folders, game crashes, so semi-manual install is only thing that will make it work.

43 minutes ago, Anisei said:

I found a minor issue about installing this mod via Vortex, so in a zip file that you download there are some empty folders, and if you install it via Vortex, for some reason Vortex will ignore those empty folders and not save them or deploy them. I'd suggest just putting dummy files inside those empty folders to avoid this issue in the future!

If you let Vortex do its thing and install the mod without those folders, game crashes, so semi-manual install is only thing that will make it work.

Yeah I will just have it make the log folder if it doesn't exist, you are talking about the log folder right?

You don't need to have the loadable folder, modlib should create one on its own. I just forgot to do the same for the log file that is usually empty, forgot the vortex removes the empty folders, didn't know people were using vortex for this. Wondering if I can release it on Nexus but not sure about their policy on very explicit/trending on the line adult content probably I should upload a safe version there.

22 minutes ago, BadListener said:

Yeah I will just have it make the log folder if it doesn't exist, you are talking about the log folder right?

You don't need to have the loadable folder, modlib should create one on its own. I just forgot to do the same for the log file that is usually empty, forgot the vortex removes the empty folders, didn't know people were using vortex for this. Wondering if I can release it on Nexus but not sure about their policy on very explicit/trending on the line adult content probably I should upload a safe version there.

Log folder and Loadables, I believe the latter causes issue for not being there? Not sure, but yeah, those 2 are only folders that are empty and removed by Vortex upon installation!

A couple more refinements and corrections. See what you think. :)

Example:

"The guards drag you to the center of town, where a large crowd of men and women are gathered around a row of wooden stakes from which manacles dangle . You listen with horror when you hear the guards calling out the price of each service you are to offer the men of the town, such and such for a suck, so much for your ass and so on..."

TestEvents.xmlDefaultEvents.xmlstd_global_strings_xml.xmlglobal_strings.xml

50 minutes ago, Wien1938 said:

A couple more refinements and corrections. See what you think. :)

Example:

"The guards drag you to the center of town, where a large crowd of men and women are gathered around a row of wooden stakes from which manacles dangle . You listen with horror when you hear the guards calling out the price of each service you are to offer the men of the town, such and such for a suck, so much for your ass and so on..."

TestEvents.xml 4.09 kB · 0 downloads DefaultEvents.xml 34.3 kB · 0 downloads std_global_strings_xml.xml 804 B · 0 downloads global_strings.xml 794 B · 0 downloads

Much love to that you create.

Just saying that it would be fantastic if you created separate files. It will be heavy on @BadListener to merge all sort of stuff. It would be unfair to ask that someone takes a merge program and compare version X,Y and Z .. and somehow decide what to keep .. especially when people do not use version numbers.

@Wien1938 Please perhaps create a Wien1938Events.XML and name all your events 'W38_Event_somethingsomething'. That is the only way it will work in the long run?

If you want to ensure that what you create can be used easily by other people. Make separate XML file, and ensure uniqueness in both name of the XML file and the name of the events.