2 hours ago, Riggswolfe said:

I've noticed some of my events aren't loading. Have I don't something wrong in my load order or something?

Reveal hidden contents

5/13/2020 11:45:58 AM -- Failed to load CE_advanced_capture exception: An item with the same key has already been added. stacktrace:    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)
   at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.CampaignGameStarter.AddGameMenu(String menuId, String menuText, OnInitDelegate initDelegate, MenuOverlayType overlay, MenuFlags menuFlags, Object relatedObject)
   at CaptivityEvents.CEEventLoader.CE_Load_Captive_Event(CampaignGameStarter gameStarter, CEEvent listedEvent, List`1 eventList)
   at CaptivityEvents.CESubModule.AddEvent(CampaignGameStarter gameStarter, CEEvent listedEvent, List`1 eventList)
5/13/2020 11:45:58 AM -- Loading Event: CE_advanced_capture_settlement
5/13/2020 11:45:58 AM -- Failed to load CE_advanced_capture_settlement exception: An item with the same key has already been added. stacktrace:    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)
   at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.CampaignGameStarter.AddGameMenu(String menuId, String menuText, OnInitDelegate initDelegate, MenuOverlayType overlay, MenuFlags menuFlags, Object relatedObject)
   at CaptivityEvents.CEEventLoader.CE_Load_Captive_Event(CampaignGameStarter gameStarter, CEEvent listedEvent, List`1 eventList)
   at CaptivityEvents.CESubModule.AddEvent(CampaignGameStarter gameStarter, CEEvent listedEvent, List`1 eventList)
5/13/2020 11:45:58 AM -- Loading Event: CE_captivity_escape_failure
5/13/2020 11:45:58 AM -- Failed to load CE_captivity_escape_failure exception: An item with the same key has already been added. stacktrace:    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)
5/13/2020 11:45:58 AM -- Loading Event: CE_captivity_escape_success
5/13/2020 11:45:58 AM -- Failed to load CE_captivity_escape_success exception: An item with the same key has already been added. stacktrace:    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)
5/13/2020 11:45:58 AM -- Loading Event: CE_captivity_sexual_escape_failure
5/13/2020 11:45:58 AM -- Failed to load CE_captivity_sexual_escape_failure exception: An item with the same key has already been added. stacktrace:    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)
5/13/2020 11:45:58 AM -- Loading Event: CE_captivity_sexual_escape_success
5/13/2020 11:45:58 AM -- Failed to load CE_captivity_sexual_escape_success exception: An item with the same key has already been added. stacktrace:    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)

Based on the error you're getting: "An item with the same key has already been added." I'd guess that you somehow have multiple copies of the Default CE events in your installed xml files.

Edit:

You should have 5 default xml files:

DefaultCaptiveEventsFemale.xml

DefaultCaptiveEventsMale.xml

DefaultCaptorEventsFemale.xml

DefaultCaptorEventsMale.xml

DefaultSlaveryEventsFemale.xml

21 minutes ago, MadCat256 said:

Based on the error you're getting: "An item with the same key has already been added." I'd guess that you somehow have multiple copies of the Default CE events in your installed xml files.

Edit:

You should have 5 default xml files:

DefaultCaptiveEventsFemale.xml

DefaultCaptiveEventsMale.xml

DefaultCaptorEventsFemale.xml

DefaultCaptorEventsMale.xml

DefaultSlaveryEventsFemale.xml

That's what I had but your post made me think of something. I have TBs stuff and it can replace DefaultCaptiveEventsFemale. I removed that file and it now loads without the errors.

Tried my hand at writing some events for this mod today. It was pretty easy to add new branches to existing events, but creating my own events xml took a little more effort because I cant read, apparently. My excuse is that I have 0 experience with modding games.

That aside, I was successful, and I think I kinda know what i'm doing with it now. So I wanted to ask- what kind of content would people be interested in seeing? I can't promise ill be quick about creating it, because my job is kinda demanding, but i'm interested in creating something for this mod, because I think its rather impressive and has a lot of potential.

30 minutes ago, heavensblood97 said:

Tried my hand at writing some events for this mod today. It was pretty easy to add new branches to existing events, but creating my own events xml took a little more effort because I cant read, apparently. My excuse is that I have 0 experience with modding games.

That aside, I was successful, and I think I kinda know what i'm doing with it now. So I wanted to ask- what kind of content would people be interested in seeing? I can't promise ill be quick about creating it, because my job is kinda demanding, but i'm interested in creating something for this mod, because I think its rather impressive and has a lot of potential.

I'd like to see more 'captive gets used for sexual gratification' events for players both as captive and captor, and for both male and female players. 

2 hours ago, heavensblood97 said:

Female player captive events. I'd adore seeing stuff with depth but that may be asking a lot. 

Working on some events, and have a few questions/suggestions, if you don't know the answers offhand, don't worry about spending time figuring it out, just lemme know if you don't and I'll troubleshoot it myself and let you know the results:

Questions (Answers are things I've found out myself, if incorrect, will edit with the correct information).
Is it possible to set both captor gender flags so that events can be run with both male and female main characters without causing crashes/breaks? Using just the Captor flag seems to allow unisex events 

What's the difference between the killprisoners and killrandomprisoners? 

I remember the gay marriage mod allowed for F/F and M/M pregnancy, is that vanilla behavior that was allowed by the mod, or was it something only that mod could do? By extension for this mod will F/F events with a pregnancy possibility even allow the pregnancy to happen and/or will the game crash because the game won't allow a female character to be the "father"? 

Does a lack of a location tag mean the event can happen anywhere or it won't happen at all?  It will happen anywhere

I am running into an issue where the settlement picture overrides the one set by CE for at least random events with the tag LocationPartyInTown, is that known behavior or something I am doing wrong when making the xml?

Suggestions: Add a modifier that would allow one to increase/decrease morale based on events.

Add a morale total based trigger (Say low morale as a female commander has them use you)

I think the issue is when a give gold command is used, it goes to the hero performing the action, so in a event where you prostitute out a prisoner, they end up receiving the money instead of you, unless I'm not setting up the event properly.

Add more categories for people to filter events. I could just be non-imaginative, but I initially wanted to do 3 branches for my file, personal slave, prostitute slave, and army slave. However, I couldn't really think of a way to filter army slave events so that heroes designated as army slaves would only get those events, the only ways I can think of at the moment are to do some location based trickery perhaps, or require slavery and prostitution skill points to trigger them. Could you or I add an enumeration value to allow the filtering? I just don't want to step on anybody's toes with edits to CE files and stuff like that, though I suppose my next post kinda does that already. 

Are added menus done via XML or DLL? If XML how would I add a town menu option, if DLL, I'd like to politely request a menu option in towns to allow to be hooked into from the XML to allow for you to choose what to do with a prisoner. With my file for example, choosing to either put your prisoner in a pillory or work in the alleys, rather than them being random events like they are now.

Probably will be more trouble than its worth as all the events referencing the slavery skill will need to be changed, but perhaps change the Slavery skill into Submission instead, just sounds more appropriate for what its used for in event creation. I know I personally wouldn't want to go back into my events and re-reference slavery to submission, but it'd be better to do it soon (if you wanted to) while there are only a few event makers and not a massive amounts of events. 

Add a Slaver and Madame/Pimp skill that could be used to filter events and maybe allow it to add modifiers to slavery and prostitute skill gains  

Add responsive option chances, IE you choose an option and it potentially leads in different paths based on chance. With perhaps conditionals that add/decrease chances of certain events.

Here's what I got so far, they should work (as in I know the first set work on my end at least, the further along ones I'm not 100% sure), would like some help making sure all the slavery events work, as they scale in prostitution skill up to 100. The General Events only has one field event where you allow your men to use some prisoners with a decision. 

The Slavery events has you as owner over a female hero prisoner, right now there are two progression based random scenarios for the captive working as a prostitute in a city with the event changing as prostitution skill increases. Technically it requires a slight edit to either Defaultcaptoreventsfemale or the male equivalent based on your character. Basically it just adds an option to enslave the female prisoner in that file. It switches to a decision from my file that either adds 1 slave point or 1 prostitution point to the captive based on your decision, right now "a whore that works for you" is the only decision with content at the moment.

Technically with the content currently in, you could just wait to get the happy food event in vanilla CE to give the prisoner the +1 prostitution if you don't want to fiddle with the defaultcaptorevents.    

If you don't wanna mess with that, but do mess with xmls to make it consistent. What you'll wanna do is open up the mentioned file with notepad++ preferably, though notepad will do, find the CE_captor_female_sexual_menu, should be the first one available. First, copy the posted text, then click to the left of the left arrow of <CEEvent> in the editor of choice then drag all the way down to  the first </CEEvent> you come across to select all of it, which should be above CE_captor_female_sexual_strip and another <CEEvent> then paste to replace it. 

Spoiler

<CEEvent>
        <Name>CE_captor_female_sexual_menu</Name>
        <Text>Your captive is {CAPTIVE_NAME}. You are free to do whatever you want...</Text>
        <BackgroundName>default_female</BackgroundName>
        <MultipleRestrictedListOfFlags>
            <RestrictedListOfFlags>Captor</RestrictedListOfFlags>
            <RestrictedListOfFlags>CanOnlyBeTriggeredByOtherEvent</RestrictedListOfFlags>
        </MultipleRestrictedListOfFlags>
        <Options>
            <Option>
                <Order>0</Order>
                <MultipleRestrictedListOfConsequences>
                    <RestrictedListOfConsequences>Continue</RestrictedListOfConsequences>
                </MultipleRestrictedListOfConsequences>
                <OptionText>Take her clothes...</OptionText>
                <TriggerEventName>CE_captor_female_sexual_strip</TriggerEventName>
            </Option>
            <Option>
                <Order>1</Order>
                    <RestrictedListOfConsequences>StripHero</RestrictedListOfConsequences>
                <OptionText>Adjust her equipment...</OptionText>
            </Option>
            <Option>
                <Order>2</Order>
                <OptionText>Enslave her...</OptionText>
                <TriggerEventName>Fut_Hero_Slavery</TriggerEventName>
            </Option>
            <Option>
                <Order>3</Order>
                <OptionText>Impregnation...</OptionText>
                <TriggerEventName>CE_captor_female_sexual_menu_three</TriggerEventName>
            </Option>
            <Option>
                <Order>4</Order>
                <OptionText>Leave her alone...</OptionText>
            </Option>
        </Options>

<ReqCustomCode>true</ReqCustomCode>
        <SexualContent>true</SexualContent>
        <EscapeChance>10</EscapeChance>
        <WeightedChanceOfOccuring>20</WeightedChanceOfOccuring>
        <ReqHeroMinAge>18</ReqHeroMinAge>
    </CEEvent>

Known issues/possible ones: I could be doing it wrong, but at the moment the hero you're prostituting will receive the money instead of you.
I'm not 100% sure how CE handles multiple prisoners having differing levels of CE skills, so there may be issues with the events firing when you "enslave" multiple hero prisoners. 
The progression is kinda intended for being in town for a long time, I may change the progressions to be a bit faster, atm the skill leveling starts at +1 per event and then +2 at the next level of event and so on.   

Fut_Dom_Slavery_Events.xml Fut_General_Events.xml

I was able to replicate the clone bug after prostitution. pretty weird and also funny. they just stand there doing nothing lol

as far as events go...I think it would be cool to have spouse events. slave masters with different personalities that you randomly get assisgned to when sold and are "stuck" with events in that personalities line until you get sold again. 

Sorry to upload a file soon after the initial one, but this one has a debug that allows you to increase/decrease the captive's prostitution/slavery skill; it's attached to the Enslave option of the captor menu, this should allow others to test my events out without going through the progression, and allow other writers to test their events that have Slavery/Prostitution level requirements. Intervals of increase/decrease are 10, 25, 100.

Fut_Dom_Slaver_Events.xml

9 hours ago, Riggswolfe said:

Female player captive events. I'd adore seeing stuff with depth but that may be asking a lot. 

I was thinking about doing some branching events, so I may take a shot at this. Less overall events than base CE list, but hopefully some more depth will make up for that.

17 hours ago, Riggswolfe said:

I've noticed some of my events aren't loading. Have I don't something wrong in my load order or something?

Hide contents

5/13/2020 11:45:58 AM -- Failed to load CE_advanced_capture exception: An item with the same key has already been added. stacktrace:    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)
5/13/2020 11:45:58 AM -- Loading Event: CE_advanced_capture_settlement
5/13/2020 11:45:58 AM -- Failed to load CE_advanced_capture_settlement exception: An item with the same key has already been added. stacktrace:    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)
5/13/2020 11:45:58 AM -- Loading Event: CE_captivity_escape_failure
5/13/2020 11:45:58 AM -- Failed to load CE_captivity_escape_failure exception: An item with the same key has already been added. stacktrace:    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)
5/13/2020 11:45:58 AM -- Loading Event: CE_captivity_escape_success
5/13/2020 11:45:58 AM -- Failed to load CE_captivity_escape_success exception: An item with the same key has already been added. stacktrace:    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)
5/13/2020 11:45:58 AM -- Loading Event: CE_captivity_sexual_escape_failure
5/13/2020 11:45:58 AM -- Failed to load CE_captivity_sexual_escape_failure exception: An item with the same key has already been added. stacktrace:    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)
5/13/2020 11:45:58 AM -- Loading Event: CE_captivity_sexual_escape_success
5/13/2020 11:45:58 AM -- Failed to load CE_captivity_sexual_escape_success exception: An item with the same key has already been added. stacktrace:    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)

You have the answer

An item with the same key has already been added.

That means that some event or similar exists in multiple copies, or same names. This often happens if you copy an event and write your own.

Is it possible for a lord who takes the player captive decide to "keep" her as his personal slave instead of dropping off into a settlement or handed off to an caravan? That would also make pregnancy easier since it'd be a named lord in the game and it might require a certain trait - Cruel,  closefisted or devious. 

1 hour ago, Celedhring said:

Is it possible for a lord who takes the player captive decide to "keep" her as his personal slave instead of dropping off into a settlement or handed off to an caravan? That would also make pregnancy easier since it'd be a named lord in the game and it might require a certain trait - Cruel,  closefisted or devious. 

that sound good :)  maybe if you have a high enough slave skill the lord can add you as a permanent follower, disabling your option to leave the faction where you can only fight for him and have to go to him on every 1,2,or 3 days for sex. Or maybe promote you for your sex skill or battle skill for political favors with other lords sounds good too :D 

There is a current bug I've found for pregnancy. If you get pregnant by a bandit, and then load/reload the a save during the pregnancy, it invalidates the pregnancy, ending the countdown.

Run into an issue with the event writing- how exactly does the mod select a result when you try to escape? I see the AttemptEscape and EscapeChance variables, but what about the actual escape events (I.E the ones that say whether you succeeded or not) marks them out to be selected in these cases? As far as I can tell, none of the escape events have TriggerEventName or anything like that.

Forgive me if this is a question with an obvious answer, but I would like to understand before I make the mistake, rather than having to find out after ive already fucked it up.

9 minutes ago, heavensblood97 said:

Run into an issue with the event writing- how exactly does the mod select a result when you try to escape? I see the AttemptEscape and EscapeChance variables, but what about the actual escape events (I.E the ones that say whether you succeeded or not) marks them out to be selected in these cases? As far as I can tell, none of the escape events have TriggerEventName or anything like that.

Forgive me if this is a question with an obvious answer, but I would like to understand before I make the mistake, rather than having to find out after ive already fucked it up.

Based on my experience writing these, the Escape tag simply guarantees that you will escape, regardless of escape chance. AttemptEscape gives you a chance of escape based on the associated EscapeChance value, and sends you to the default escape handling events when you succeed or fail.

I agree it'd be nice if there were a way to configure a set of possible escape outcomes for the game to choose from. You could kind of do this in an extremely elaborate way by writing your own escape events, then tying them to your own events via a multiple TriggerEventName set, but you'd  have to rewrite every encounter you want to work this way to send the user to the set of possible escape events instead of using the AttemptEscape tag. 

On 5/13/2020 at 12:16 PM, Riggswolfe said:

That's what I had but your post made me think of something. I have TBs stuff and it can replace DefaultCaptiveEventsFemale. I removed that file and it now loads without the errors.

The TBNonconCaptiveEventsFemale.xml file will definitely do this - it's the reason I recommend removing the DefaultCaptiveEventsFemale.xml file if you want to use those events. I've moved the events that overlap in this way to another file in the next version so that you can just not load that file if you want to keep using the default events. Ill update this thread when it's ready.

8 minutes ago, transfer said:

Based on my experience writing these, the Escape tag simply guarantees that you will escape, regardless of escape chance. AttemptEscape gives you a chance of escape based on the associated EscapeChance value, and sends you to the default escape handling events when you succeed or fail.

I agree it'd be nice if there were a way to configure a set of possible escape outcomes for the game to choose from. You could kind of do this in an extremely elaborate way by writing your own escape events, then tying them to your own events via a multiple TriggerEventName set, but you'd  have to rewrite every encounter you want to work this way to send the user to the set of possible escape events instead of using the AttemptEscape tag. 

I did think that, but the DefaultCaptiveEventsFemale.xml has several escape outcome events that dont seem to be directly referenced by other events, and yet crop up when you fail the escape roll. For example, CE_captivity_sexual_escape_failure, is never directly called to by an event AFAIK, but it shows up in game as a possible outcome of an escape; I just dont understand how the mod is determining when and where to show this event, as the only noteworthy flag is CanOnlyBeTriggeredByOtherEvent, but a bunch of events have that flag, especially ones that are part of event chains.

butting in, sorry if it's been answered already (can't search the thread for some reason) but

1) I'm getting some random "Failed to load" events which don't lead to crashes or any other problems.  The only other mod I have is Detailed character creation.

2) How do I tone down or otherwise disable the random "flay" and "hunt" popup events?

Hi there, it seems like a nice mod from what I've seen so far, editing captives' clothes, sharing your food with them or not, I haven't captured any female noble yet but so far it seems great. One problem is the events happening. every 2 minutes they come up like pop-ads like "you wanna flay some prisoners?" or "you wanna kill some prisoners for fun while they are running away" Some may enjoy this but I prefer not to do these yet, espically when I have valuable prisoners that I can recruit later on or sell to get money out of them. Is there a way to limit these events popping up? or even better to make it completely optional without getting any pop-ups if possible? Sorry if this has been asked before, I'd like to use this mod but this issue is runing it at this time.

2 hours ago, AndarielHalo said:

butting in, sorry if it's been answered already (can't search the thread for some reason) but

1) I'm getting some random "Failed to load" events which don't lead to crashes or any other problems.  The only other mod I have is Detailed character creation.

2) How do I tone down or otherwise disable the random "flay" and "hunt" popup events?

1. Last I heard Detailed Character Creation is oft problematic in this way. I'd recommend trying without it, and if that works avoid DCC until its author updates it.

2. Mod options from the main menu lets you set the timer on captor events to up to 72 hours, which should reduce (a little more than half) the number of such events you find.

Also, PSA: I've updated TBCaptivityEventsExtension with a complete set of new art and several new events, as well as bugfixes. I won't harp on it more here because this isn't my thread.

2 minutes ago, transfer said:

1. Last I heard Detailed Character Creation is oft problematic in this way. I'd recommend trying without it, and if that works avoid DCC until its author updates it.

2. Mod options from the main menu lets you set the timer on captor events to up to 72 hours, which should reduce (a little more than half) the number of such events you find.

Also, PSA: I've updated TBCaptivityEventsExtension with a complete set of new art and several new events, as well as bugfixes. I won't harp on it more here because this isn't my thread.

I don't see the mod on the mod options menu, know why?

12 minutes ago, altair19 said:

I don't see the mod on the mod options menu, know why?

I'm afraid I have no idea, it shows up for me. BadListener (the mod author) might have some insight.

I've created some captor events. You can get them here. May update in the future if I can think of anything else to do with captives.

Please note that the brothel is still not updated. I'm waiting for the next release of this mod to utilize the prostitution skill and menu.