Bannerlord Mod: Captivity Events

Captivity Events

Description

Captivity adds custom events to captivity system (captor, captive), prostitution menu, and the loss of armor and weapons for the player, various parameters to loss of renown to relationships as well as quests to retrieve missing equipment. A key feature of this mod is the ability to customize your own events with images and your own event chains and dialogue.

Help Required

• Need more artists to create some adult/non-adult backgrounds. (New default events help required, message me if you are open to assist)
  • Need more writers for more events to cater to more tastes.
  • Translators.

Reminders

• Delete the old mod completely before installing new one. VERY IMPORTANT!
  • If you are installing manually please read the README as well.
  • This mod affects save-data make sure to make backups of your saves.
  • This mod requires MCMv4.

LL Version Additional Content

• Contains some modified event text that doesn't follow nexus guidelines.
  • Contains the Gif Sub Module.

Links

Nexus Link:

https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/1226/?tab=description

"Remember LL will always be updated first."

Discord Link:

https://discord.gg/nQRBmg7

1023 is out! (Looking for Artists)
Custom Module Loader Supported

image.png.521adf5bcc9b66b2fab2873dd85d04af.png
Event Writers, please refer to zCEDefaults inside of fomod, move it to Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules

Road Map (Coming Soon)

New Flavor Packs for Events - Standardized art in the making (NEED SOME ARTISTS).

Randomized Captors - Captors will be selected at random from the party, not just party leader as it is currently.

Companions/Spouses - Companion/Spouse will be included within the events.

Delayed Events - Support for events that should happen sometime after another event.

Tutorial Write-Up - Tutorial in how to use this framework is currently in the works.

Leveling and Expansion for Brothel - Leveling, bonus rooms and slavery dialogue.

Animated Scenes - In brothel (currently blackscreen) and in other scenes.

Custom Scenes for Events - Teleports you into a custom attached scene that you created in mod tools from captivity events.

Already Supported

Randomized/Conditional Images - Randomize background images based on conditions or weight.

Custom Events and Loader - Make your own events and load them to work with this mod.

Moving Images and Custom Images - Insert your own images or make animated images using the animation XML.

Various Custom Conditionals - Various Custom Conditional (Location Flags, Raiding Flags, Day/Night Etc) included in the XSD file for you to work with your events.

Custom Quests and Strip Consequence - Lose your gear on loss and go on a quest of chance to reclaim it after escaping.

Random Events - Random Events that don't require captives.

Captor Events - Events where you are the captor.

Brothel - Own your brothel where you can enjoy yourself, work as a prostitute or become an owner and put your captives to work.

Custom Skills - Custom Skills/Flags Supported.

Create New Characters - New custom generated companions/captive heroes via events.

Progress Events - Support for events that require a party to stay in place for a duration.

Special Thanks to

LogRaam - For the special CEEvents Story Compiler and assisting with the Mod.
YoungSailorGlitter - For assisting with implementation of Custom Events into the Mod. @YoungSailorGlitter

SadSun - For writing some of the default events. @SadSun
TB - For assisting with writing and image finding. @transfer
Stronggater- For assisting with writing dialogues. @stronggater
Helfont - For assisting with images.

NexusTitleStory.png.3cb60402c5dfc54f847b69beb8c42c4a.png

Please message me if you have any trouble installing

https://www.loverslab.com/profile/5266607-badlistener/

Common Issues

If you are experiencing crashes on startup please remember to unblock all dlls in \zCaptivityEvents\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client\.

image.png.c9afc6a848b9c2ec51196ec7e51735ce.png

If less than 100 events are loading. Make sure your folder looks like this.

image.png.05e90b419bc21f4f3e38ec555b4ca110.png

Please Enjoy!

Nice. I wrote a simple Brothel event with the XML that I created and found that it would be nice to have a way to pass time and gain or lose money in the final xml that you write. That way we can write things like the following and wont be able to cheese it by spamming it while the game is paused.

Spoiler

<Event name ="SadSun_Brothel_01">
    <EventTags>N</EventTags>
    <Gender>F</Gender>
    <Location>C,T</Location>
    <MainMenu rID="main" text="You enter the local brothel and ask for work. The woman behind the counter asks if you've ever serviced customers before...">
    <Option rID="main" attMod="13" events="" sID="Work" fID="Told_Leave" text="Yes..."/>
    <Option rID="main" attMod="" events="" sID="Told_Leave" fID="" text="No..."/>

<SubMenu rID="Work" text="You are led to a small room with just enough space for two people. A quilt covers the floor, giving you a place to rest your knees."/>
        <Option rID="Work" attMod="" events="" sID="Customer_Request" fID="" text="Wait for a customer..."/>
        <Option rID="Work" attMod="" events="C" sID="" fID="" text="Leave..."/>

<SubMenu rID="Work_Continue" text="After the man leaves you wash yourself in a nearby bowl of water...."/>
        <Option rID="Work_Continue" attMod="" events="" sID="Customer_Request" fID="" text="Wait for another customer..."/>
        <Option rID="Work_Continue" attMod="" events="C" sID="" fID="" text="Leave..."/>

<SubMenu rID="Customer_Request" text="After a short wait, you hear a knock at the door and you invite them in. A man enters the cramped space. You request he remove his trousers and he lowers them to the floor..."/>
        <Option rID="Customer_Request" attMod="" events="13" sID="Lips_S" fID="Lips_F" text="Pleasure him..."/>
        <Option rID="Customer_Request" attMod="" events="" sID="Exit" fID="" text="I can't do this..."/>

<SubMenu rID="Lips_S" text="Before long he finishs and leaves you to wash..."/>
        <Option rID="Lips_S" attMod="" events="M,13" sID="Work_Continue" fID="" text="Rinse your mouth..."/>
        <SubMenu rID="Lips_F" text="Before long he bores of your sloppy attempt, pushes you aside and leaves without paying..."/>
        <Option rID="Lips_F" attMod="" events="13,d" sID="Work_Continue" fID="" text="Wait for someone else..."/>

<SubMenu rID="Told_Leave" text="The woman looks you up and down, laughs, and asks you to leave..."/>
        <Option rID="Told_Leave" attMod="" events="C" sID="Exit" fID="" text="Walk away..."/>

<SubMenu rID="Exit" text="You leave the building"/>
        <Option rID="Exit" attMod="" events="C" sID="" fID="" text="Continue."/>
</Event>

As you can see, you can loop back to previous events and start over. Another thing that would be nice would be to have a "random scene" mechanic. where you could enter a list and the next scene would be chosen at random. But, if you did that, you'd spoil me.. 😄

I know your XML is going to be different. But, I just figured I'd share something from my tests.

EDIT: and now that I look at this it would be nice to have a "MenuName" value that would show up on the town and city menu.

@SadSun sounds good :D, I will try to do it by the next weekend. Busy week for me here, I just need to see how to correctly import the XML's and call events with them. :D

Just recently learned on how to use Harmony.

I was planning to add some Caravan event where you are sold and moved to another town.

what about slave trade?

being sold to slavers that will activate a sort of quest?

Dude, could you tell me how to install it? I put the folder CaptivityEvent 1.3.0 under the folder Modules, but I cannot find it in the game launcher. I installed it in vortex, it even made me fail to enter the game!

49 minutes ago, hzhou35 said:

Dude, could you tell me how to install it? I put the folder CaptivityEvent 1.3.0 under the folder Modules, but I cannot find it in the game launcher. I installed it in vortex, it even made me fail to enter the game!

Put the folder inside of 1.3.0 in modules

35 minutes ago, BadListener said:

I did that, but still, I cannot open the game launcher

52 minutes ago, BadListener said:

The beta version has so many issues. I guess there must be something wrong. I have some other mods, I am not sure whether they are compatible with each other.

2 hours ago, hzhou35 said:

I did that, but still, I cannot open the game launcher

Cannot open the game launcher or the game? If it's the game launcher then it is corrupt, did you download modlib?

4 minutes ago, BadListener said:

Cannot open the game launcher or the game? If it's the game launcher then it is corrupt, did you download modlib?

the launcher. So I must download modlib first?

Been thinking a little more and adjusted stuff.

Spoiler

<!-- KEY:

Extra Options:
1: One Handed
2: Two Handed
2: Polearm
4: Bow
5: Crossbow
6: Throwing
7: Riding
8: Athletics
9: Smithing
10: Scouting
11: Tactics
12: Roguery
13: Charm
14: Leadership
15: Trade
16: Steward
17: Medicine
18: Engineering
P: Pregnancy Chance
G: Gain Relationship with party leader (If captured by a faction leader.)
R: Reduce Relationship with party leader (If captured by a faction leader.)
H: Heal player
D: Damage player health
E: Gives player chance to escape captivity.
C: Close Menu
S: Steal items from player
A: Add item to player

To add new menus; add a string in the "sID" or "fID" of each option you desire to add, then add the same string in the "rID" of the corresponding subMenu and Options that it links to.
ADD SUB MENUES AND NEW OPTIONS WITH THE TABS BELOW:

S,N,B: SFW,NSFW,Beast
M,F: Male,Female
P,H,D,M,C,T: Party,Hideout,MinorFactionBase,City menu,Town Menu

All branches must end with a "C" in the "events" entry to close the menu.

###Use the following to create new events###
<NewEvent Tags="" Gender="" Location="" ID="" text="">
    <Option ID="" attMod="" events="" successID="" failureID="" randomIDs="" text=""/>
</NewEvent>

###Use the following to create new Submenus###
<SubMenu ID="" text="">
     <Option attMod="" events="" successID="" failureID="" randomIDs="" text=""/>
</SubMenu>

-->

<EventList EventListName=""> <!-- Use a unique list name. Use your username for example. (Username_dancelist)-->
    <NewEvent ID="" Tags="" Gender="" Location="" text="">
        <!-- Add more options here -->
    </NewEvent>

<SubMenu ID="" text="">
        <!-- Add more options here -->
    </SubMenu>
</EventList>

Found myself wanting to reuse different submenus between events so I divided them up. Probably easier to code anyway.

Edit: realized that now that the options are contained they wouldn't need and ID.

1 hour ago, blankenship1234 said:

I download modlab first then I download this mod but it did not work for me.

Any crashes or something like that?

BUG TYPE ONE:

If you receive this crash
image.png.bb69c843e0e29c0e5cde7f6d36474510.png

Then you aren't using the beta version.  Please double check properties on bannerlord on steam to see if you are using the correct version.

image.png.0603c727137235f2feacb09356890c1b.png

BUG TYPE TWO:

Make sure ModLib is ordered above CaptivityEvents.

image.png.357f70a3a211c73b66337d7ebb72deac.png

Generic Bugs with ModLib (Double check if it is not your ModLib installation)
https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/592

16 minutes ago, BadListener said:

Any crashes or something like that?

BUG TYPE ONE:

If you receive this crash
image.png.bb69c843e0e29c0e5cde7f6d36474510.png

Then you aren't using the beta version.  Please double check properties on bannerlord on steam to see if you are using the correct version.

image.png.0603c727137235f2feacb09356890c1b.png

BUG TYPE TWO:

Make sure ModLib is ordered above CaptivityEvents.

image.png.357f70a3a211c73b66337d7ebb72deac.png

Generic Bugs with ModLib (Double check if it is not your ModLib installation)
https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/592

Neither did I. I guess I should wait until the game become stable.

Never been able to get any version of this mod working, as in as the game has been patched. The original one posted in the bannerlord thread, the updated original later in the thread, yours just now or Scythia's just now, they all seem to cause an application crash, even when just enabled by themselves with their dependencies. I'm on version 1.3.0 beta with the only thing that is modified is the fixed launcher. Do you happen to know what might be the issue, or a way to get a log for why its crashing when it does an application crash? 

53 minutes ago, stronggater said:

Never been able to get any version of this mod working, as in as the game has been patched. The original one posted in the bannerlord thread, the updated original later in the thread, yours just now or Scythia's just now, they all seem to cause an application crash, even when just enabled by themselves with their dependencies. I'm on version 1.3.0 beta with the only thing that is modified is the fixed launcher. Do you happen to know what might be the issue, or a way to get a log for why its crashing when it does an application crash? 

C:\Users\{YourUser}\AppData\Local\CrashDumps  <- check in here

Does this show anything that might help pinpoint the issue? The upload thingy for application crashes says there are some other files that may help, but I have no clue on where they may be. I searched for them in my appdata, game, and documents folders and they didnt come up with anything other than the dump file. Thanks for the help either way.

Do you think it could be the fact the game is being run on an external hard drive? Haven't had any issues with anything else, but I know Skyrim and Tekken don't like to be on external hard drives.

TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.exe.30288.dmp

Can confirm that this version of the mod/modlib/game is unstable. Played for about 30 mins with just your mod and modlib installed on 1.3.0. downloaded last night. Crashed when trying to exit tavern after hiring companion. Then the game wouldn't start again until I removed your mod and modlib. Strange happenings afoot.

Edit: Okay, just played for about 45mins. Everything seemed to work fine this time so it could have been a fluke. Got captured a few times. The event's showed an error where it couldn't find the event text, but it didn't crash the game.

1 hour ago, stronggater said:

Does this show anything that might help pinpoint the issue? The upload thingy for application crashes says there are some other files that may help, but I have no clue on where they may be. I searched for them in my appdata, game, and documents folders and they didnt come up with anything other than the dump file. Thanks for the help either way.

Do you think it could be the fact the game is being run on an external hard drive? Haven't had any issues with anything else, but I know Skyrim and Tekken don't like to be on external hard drives.

TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.exe.30288.dmp 52.24 MB · 2 downloads

https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/205
Install Fixed Launcher and redownload the mod.

Will try updating it and let you know, maybe the launcher itself if outdated. Was the dmp saying the load order was messed up? Cause maybe something is the issue with my fixed launcher then? 

Edit: Tried updating the fixed launcher (was using it already), and redownloading the file, same issue, application crash on start up

39 minutes ago, stronggater said:

Will try updating it and let you know, maybe the launcher itself if outdated.

Edit: Tried updating the fixed launcher (was using it already), same issue, application crash on start up

Alright release with Custom Events is coming soon, testing a few things and issues, should be in 24 hours.
The exception code 0xE0434352 is an unknown software exception. Meaning ModLib doesn't have the correct permissions.

image.png.bcd52cb03249e146b7349ce539d98848.png

Unless fixed launcher is somehow broken, i've controlled for all of those things and it still crashes on startup, doing one last thing of moving the game to my main hard drive just to see if anything will happen. 

Edit: Tried it, no dice, ill just keep trying as these mods update and see if I can eventually get one to work.