Sized Apparel For RJW With Body Part Rendering!

4 hours ago, Tory187 said:

About.xml errors never let you know where they come from and always display even when mod is not active. They are annoying in that regard but the errors themselves are usually harmless.

Well, damn.  Yeah, I know the issue isn't serious at all, but when I'm adding multiple mods and trying to troubleshoot the load order, those errors are a bit distracting.  Anyway, thanks for the info.

I like the idea of what this add-on is trying to do, but it makes me edit all my female pawns to the average body type, and I don't really want to do that. 

Also, it was a little janky as I had to remove and re-equip clothing for it to be shown, and even then, sometimes it looked like it was clipping badly and showing bare breasts through the clothing. 

I don't think it's the mod author's fault... I'm still fixing my load order.  tbh, I'm not sure RimNudeWorld is working.  I don't know what naked pawns should look like, and the only time i saw obvious genitals or nipples was when the breasts clipped through the clothing, lol.

Thanks man, but I'm good.  I saw folks talking about offset settings back when I was trying this mod and your OTY-Nude update (I think that was over in the RImNudeWorld thread a few weeks ago). 

I appreciate you guys upkeeping and supporting the mods, but I don't think this one is for me in its current state.  It wasn't the clipping issue which bothered me since it only appeared a few times.  To be completely honest, it was the fact I spent a whole bunch of time looking for its About.xml only to realize it still needed more configuration (e.g. editing body types, changing clothes) in the midst of troubleshooting other mod conflicts.  Sometimes you give up too early to just get on with the game.

Moreover, I don't know if Rimworld can be erotically appealing to me.  For example, when this mod worked correctly, I didn't really find the pawns with busty clothing more or less attractive.  Take that with a huge grain of salt since I was mostly engaged in gameplay which didn't involve RJW or RNW features; the colonists extracurricular activities were just extra noise.  The narrative aspects of Rimworld lends itself to imaginative scenarios which could potentially be very sexy, but I never explored or experienced that.  I'm sure I'll try again, and I'll tune down difficulty settings next time.

• 1 month later...

Looks like the structure is here for stuff like Eltex Shirts, but also body types that aren't appealing. In order to cover female and thin body types, there has to be 42 new files for one item. The Psyfocus Shirt is just a version of Eltex Shirt with more contrast.

I don't care about the crazy armors, or other body types enough to make them, so completing this mod is feasible from my point of view.

Cape and Tribal Apparel will take artistic finesse.

On 6/14/2021 at 7:29 PM, S32S32S5 said:

there has to be 42 new files for one item.

it's not "too terrible".. persay, the I understand the workflow for one piece at a time, and could speculate making use of something like [NL] Apparel Paper Pattern and [NL] Apparel Paper Pattern for Compatible Body 2.. I'm not proficent with Unity or Harmony to make a proper "Atelier Globalizer" aka something that will take a mod with clothing and batch run it through creating the .png / .dds files based on body dimensions and drop the textures into some "moster" pattern database. would be better then trying to hand bake based on new "body types" that are practically identical. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/15/2021 at 7:43 PM, SimulatedFantasyHero said:

it's not "too terrible".. persay, the I understand the workflow for one piece at a time, and could speculate making use of something like [NL] Apparel Paper Pattern and [NL] Apparel Paper Pattern for Compatible Body 2.. I'm not proficent with Unity or Harmony to make a proper "Atelier Globalizer" aka something that will take a mod with clothing and batch run it through creating the .png / .dds files based on body dimensions and drop the textures into some "moster" pattern database. would be better then trying to hand bake based on new "body types" that are practically identical. 

I don't understand most of that, but a lot of these files are going to be more like simple office work. There's no easy way around some problems.

I'm almost done with the Eltex Shirts but the bodies being incomplete throw me off. There's no way objective way to interpret what the shirts should look like. Afterwards, I'll do the 6 and 7 sizes for thin and female bodies.

I tried to see if the Sized Apparel's infrastructure was natively compatible with clothes from other mods. I have had no success so there's something I don't understand. I want to move to modded clothes from common mods eventually.

The sizes go up to 10 in the code, and I wouldn't prefer to be 3 sizes above what currently the biggest. I could see size 7 as a later 9 or 10.

• 3 weeks later...

Ideology DLC adds 2 possibly applicable clothes, with the only exciting one being a robe. The mod will need an actual coder at that point. This is assuming mods have the same limitations as a new DLC in the existing code.

For the nude bodies, I can only test with existing clothes. I do not have any art training or experience and I have trouble getting the cleavage to even look acceptable. I could see it being redone to work with new outfits.

Eltex Shirts were not the most important in hindsight, but I will move on to more logical things soon. The jacket and other common outerwear should come next. Then, formal shirt(from Royalty). I'm not interested in new body types enough to add to the work load. This is pure effort and new learning that's I'm applying.

Edited by S32S32S5
13 hours ago, ghostfalll said:

It won't work in 1.3 until someone bothers to update it, game has changed how it renders pawn bodies/clothing.  I guess to save memory or reduce checks or something.  Hopefully Tory187 gets to it soon.

It's for performance. The old way, the game made an individual draw pass for each part which needed to be drawn (body, hair, each bit of clothing) every frame. The new way it's just one.

• OTYOTY changed the title to Sized Apparel For RJW With Body Part Rendering!
1 hour ago, S32S32S5 said:

I see from Textures\Things\Pawn\Humanlike\Bodies\oldBackup, the sizes on the upper end look redone and all the sizes are neatly distinct. Are those outlines final?

there are many big changes in sized apparel codes

those are literally old backup. current version doesn't use those files.

If you compare old backups with current breasts part texture, some size are not match.

It's because I changed it to have more smooth stages

you may notice there are more sizes in the folder and more body types in old backup.

Massive, Gargantuan, Colossal, Titanic size texture are not yet made in current version.

I'm going to add those size after finish some more work

• 2 weeks later...

RimNudeWorld (load it before this one and if necessary turn off the Sized Apparel genital drawing in its settings),

then use Dev-Mode hediff editing or Character Editor to either:

-apply the "RJW size set" to the body part

-or switch the body part to demon/slime/bionic/archotech, then you can resize it from the RJW pawn settings in their Bio

Spoiler

Screenshot_2.pngScreenshot_3.pngScreenshot_4.png

somehow cloths and breasts are not alinged right, like it seems naked and cloths sizes would fit, but when the cloths are worn the breasts are smaller

and i am not sure what does this haha

Screenshot_24.png

than again there the cloths and belly also dont seem to fit... hmm

edit:

i think its just a issue with large breastsize?  as average and huge seem fine...

actually i dont think its a bug from this... but some mess with some chaerens sized apparel...   god rimworld mod messes...

Edited by Neliahawk