3 hours ago, Jolojose said:

Heyo, just wanted to confirm that I'm having CTDs while wearing the goblin slayer armor and sword when using the work bench or taking a carriage. It took me the better part of two days trying to isolate the issue. I turned off all of my armor, companion, and quest mods leaving only Goblin Slayer and Loverslab stuff and still got the CTD. I'm going to try tlswltjs3826's method to try and fix it.

Edit: Even after trying Tswltjs3825's workaround I still get CTD when wearing the armor and sword. This is an amazing mod and I hope the issue can get resolved! If not I can still wear the armor without problems (hopefully)!

That's really strange,cause I can use it on workbench + enchant it easy as I showed in picture.I have no other mods in SSE, only what I converted from LE.
Actually, I also found the bugs in both 3dmx export plugin and Nifskope, they not support SE properly, so they might be some issues.

I like the concept a little out of place in skyrim but I like it. (I like the manga lol)

I LOVE the backpack and rpg tools. it's the heavy leather backpack with extra detail and better proportions and extra equipment.

just installed it and tried the backpack and rpg tools I will try the armor later.

ok now on to the bug report.

-the bodyslide needs to be in the calientetools folder. otherwise it wont show.

-there is a CTD if you drop the backpack and/or RPG tools. (no idea what is causing it, already tried to optimize the mesh and nothing)

-the RPG tools are getting auto hidden if you use devious devices since it uses slot 49 and that is the default for the chastity belts. this can be changed in the MCM but if it was in another slot it would be better.

-there is no bodyslide for females... (ok I'm just complaining here lol)

extra suggestion:

-add another version of the backpack with more carry weight. (the large bandolier from another mod gives 100, and I been spoiled by the leather backpack that have an option for a 300 carry weight mod lol)

-another personal rant. I know the original character design is like the armor you made. but could you do something about the pointy thing on the back holding the straps? no decent armorer would ever do an armor that is designed to cripple the user like that lol (just my ocd talking)

edit: almost forgot that a heavy armor version would be good too. (in theory the noise of the armor also comes from the plates clashing with outside things even if it's padded)

keep up the good work (n_n)b

4 hours ago, RomeoZero said:

That's really strange,cause I can use it on workbench + enchant it easy as I showed in picture.I have no other mods in SSE, only what I converted from LE.
Actually, I also found the bugs in both 3dmx export plugin and Nifskope, they not support SE properly, so they might be some issues.

It may be conflicting with an animation mod from LL? Regardless I've spent about 8 hours playing with the armor on without any issues. As long as I don't equip the sword there's no chance of a CTD. 

Personal request; would it be possible to split up the armor into body/arm/leg? A lot of the Skyrim armor perks require you to be wearing more than 2 pieces of light armor to be effective. As much as I want to use the armor it isn't realistic when it only confers +12 armor while using up 3 slots. The weakest light armor gives +60 using all 3 slots w/ perks [+20 for body, +5 for arms, and +5 for legs] + [+15 for Custom Fit Perk and +15 for Matching Set Perk]. 

Regardless this is an amazing mod. I re-watched Goblin Slayer last weekend and its what got me back into skyrim!

2 hours ago, elfdrow said:

I like the concept a little out of place in skyrim but I like it. (I like the manga lol)

I LOVE the backpack and rpg tools. it's the heavy leather backpack with extra detail and better proportions and extra equipment.

just installed it and tried the backpack and rpg tools I will try the armor later.

ok now on to the bug report.

-the bodyslide needs to be in the calientetools folder. otherwise it wont show.

-there is a CTD if you drop the backpack and/or RPG tools. (no idea what is causing it, already tried to optimize the mesh and nothing)

-the RPG tools are getting auto hidden if you use devious devices since it uses slot 49 and that is the default for the chastity belts. this can be changed in the MCM but if it was in another slot it would be better.

-there is no bodyslide for females... (ok I'm just complaining here lol)

extra suggestion:

-add another version of the backpack with more carry weight. (the large bandolier from another mod gives 100, and I been spoiled by the leather backpack that have an option for a 300 carry weight mod lol)

-another personal rant. I know the original character design is like the armor you made. but could you do something about the pointy thing on the back holding the straps? no decent armorer would ever do an armor that is designed to cripple the user like that lol (just my ocd talking)

edit: almost forgot that a heavy armor version would be good too. (in theory the noise of the armor also comes from the plates clashing with outside things even if it's padded)

keep up the good work (n_n)b

I think CTD happens because of both nifplugin and SSE optimizer does not support vertex colors and its flags or collision export.looks like I need to turn them off and update the archive.That will fuckup the colors of all outfits and weapons environment shader of course.
And if my thesis is correct that means every damn single vanilla asset is a potential CTD when converted from LE. Maybe that's why modders dont support SE with complex mods. No tools to reconvert them.
For some sex mods you can always go to CK and Nifskope and remap dismember slots to another number, like 60. Enchanted backpack weight can also be adjusted in CK armor tab.  

19 minutes ago, RomeoZero said:

I think CTD happens because of both nifplugin and SSE optimizer does not support vertex colors and its flags or collision export.looks like I need to turn them off and update the archive.That will fuckup the colors of all outfits and weapons environment shader of course.
For some sex mods you can always go to CK and Nifskope and remap dismember slots to another number, like 60. Enchanted backpack weight can also be adjusted in CK armor tab.  

lol sounds like a mess to deal with. specially since if you are correct is shaders... yikes (this is why I don't like modding in bethesda games and actually avoid to do that)

and thanks for the advice. I will try it XD (actually this gives me the clue to fix the bandoliers mod. thanks!)

P.S. IF anyone else asks for a quick fix to the hidden tools and they have DD

tell them to go to the MCM menu for DD ->devices underneath 1 ->full body -> and set the chastity belt (slot 49) to not hidden or nothing (can't remember which one was it)

that will fix that (of course now they will have chastity belts visible lol)

ok tested the armor today. so far it seems like everything is working fine. no CTDs while upgrading or dropping.

the CTD from dropping the RPG tools and backpack are gone. but...

3 bugs found

-if you drop the backpack it slides until it goes off the map and drops into the void regardless of walls (kind of funny seeing it slide like if it was on ice lol) this is the only item that does this

-there is one (could be more... I only see leather strips and the iron ingots as components) component missing from the recipe for the winter aketon. so I could not test that one since I could not figure which item/s I was missing to craft it. so no gambeson for me lol

-there is no recipe for crafting the shield so...

*even if I could not craft them. I added both the winter aketon and the shield via console to test that there were no CTD

On 5/14/2020 at 3:12 PM, elfdrow said:

ok tested the armor today. so far it seems like everything is working fine. no CTDs while upgrading or dropping.

the CTD from dropping the RPG tools and backpack are gone. but...

3 bugs found

-if you drop the backpack it slides until it goes off the map and drops into the void regardless of walls (kind of funny seeing it slide like if it was on ice lol) this is the only item that does this

-there is one (could be more... I only see leather strips and the iron ingots as components) component missing from the recipe for the winter aketon. so I could not test that one since I could not figure which item/s I was missing to craft it. so no gambeson for me lol

-there is no recipe for crafting the shield so...

*even if I could not craft them. I added both the winter aketon and the shield via console to test that there were no CTD

I can craft the shield, gambeson needs any farm clothes in possession as ingredient for cloth.l'll get back to it later and make it easier to craft in the forge but for upgrades it will need steel perk, for game motivation.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
5 hours ago, Gundalypse said:

Feel like I am late to the party. This is really awesome Romeo! Any plans in the future to expand on the other armors and costumes from the series?

IDK maybe a female sexy bikini version first. There are already mods with exported MMD character outfits for Skyrim. 

• 1 month later...

This is definitely the best version of the Goblin Slayer armor for Skyrim out there, and one of the best 3D model renditions I've seen in general. Great work!

Just a question, how do I get the armor to look like it does in this particular screenshot: TESV_2019_09_26_22_54_21_355.jpg.0c9f065

In my game, as well as some of the other screenshots, you can see the face underneath the visor, and there's a gap exposing the neck between the head and shoulders. I don't have any special body mods installed, and I'm using a male character, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

Thanks!

11 hours ago, ONI Agent Locke said:

This is definitely the best version of the Goblin Slayer armor for Skyrim out there, and one of the best 3D model renditions I've seen in general. Great work!

Just a question, how do I get the armor to look like it does in this particular screenshot: TESV_2019_09_26_22_54_21_355.jpg.0c9f065

In my game, as well as some of the other screenshots, you can see the face underneath the visor, and there's a gap exposing the neck between the head and shoulders. I don't have any special body mods installed, and I'm using a male character, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

Thanks!

That was the 1st version, later I added his town outfit and had to make adjustments to the "shade" mesh (also adding the hair) in helmet with Nifskope.
If you are not using casual outfit there are 2 ways -
1) To add a simple black texture to the shade mesh in its BSShaderTextureSet in BSLightingShaderProperty (example can be a _sk.dds from female fairskin complexion [128x128 black square texture]). Copy black texture to GS folder and add its texture path in textureSet, Path is not bound in CK.
2)Convert helmet and FXeye mesh to LE version because some data cant be used in SE version
You can delete the shade mesh with hair mesh and change params in Malehead NiTriShapeData  vertex colors > click on colored circle and slide color all the way to black (0.0.0) > go to BSLightingShader and change specular strength to 0. Do the same for FXeye mesh.  Convert files to SE version with new data.  

So I made a version that separates the gauntlets and boots into their own items for tempering or enchanting. 
I also buffed the armor to be just a notch beneath glass armor, and require advanced smithing to make it. (It has mostly the same recipe as Scaled Armor)
Haven't tested very thoroughly, but it appears to work fine if you load it after the main mod.  Does not work without it.
If Alpharomeo doesn't want this up, I'll happily take it down.

[RZ]GC-Goblin_Slayer_SE.esp

11 hours ago, professionalnerd said:

So I made a version that separates the gauntlets and boots into their own items for tempering or enchanting. 
I also buffed the armor to be just a notch beneath glass armor, and require advanced smithing to make it. (It has mostly the same recipe as Scaled Armor)
Haven't tested very thoroughly, but it appears to work fine if you load it after the main mod.  Does not work without it.
If Alpharomeo doesn't want this up, I'll happily take it down.

[RZ]GC-Goblin_Slayer_SE.esp 17.72 kB · 0 downloads

I dont mind it to be here as a support esp. But I think its better to be in zip archive with a description.

13 hours ago, RomeoZero said:

I dont mind it to be here as a support esp. But I think its better to be in zip archive with a description.

Sure thing.

Goblin Slayer Armor Add-on Patch
Patch to Goblin Slayer Armor that separates the parts of the outfit into armor, gloves, and boots for individual tempering and enchanting.
Also buffs the armor to be a just a notch below Glass Armor for armor rating and selling value (while also requiring the Advanced Smithing Perk to create).
Includes outfit group referencing so that the armor works with in-game matching set perks.
Load after the main file to work.  It will not work without the main mod.

Note: Does not make any alteration on the sword, which is left as it was in the original file.

GS_Armor_Seperate_Parts_Buff.zip

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
16 hours ago, ArenJawa said:

Very awesome armor and btw, could you tell me how to add more Rage Trails FX to the helmet? i already tried duplicating it using outfit studio, but after i export it and doing a test run my game crashes.

Also, i made simple female version, and before you build it make sure to change the output file name.GS Female Edit.7z

I was expecting something like TAWOBA version ?
As for the Effects, I never tried it in BS.  You need to focus on NiShape Flag and BSeffectShaderProperty (uses specific flags for effects ) data, if it all matches.

• 8 months later...
On 7/24/2022 at 10:11 AM, matt34a said:

A bit late to the party first really nice work!
Sorry if this was brought up before but the shield is invisible on my end is there a fix for this? 

should work as intended, drop it on the ground to test visibility.

Edited by RomeoZero