Hotkey for Depth or field?

Minn Young

36 minutes ago, Seijin8 said:

There can be if you set it up in your ENBLocal.ini

I *think* it defaults to NUM3.

I did check my enblocal.ini however i'm not sure what to change. I'm guessing that'd be Input? 

[INPUT]
KeyCombination=0
KeyUseEffect=122
KeyFPSLimit=0
KeyShowFPS=106
KeyScreenshot=0
KeyEditor=123
KeyFreeVRAM=0
KeyBruteForce=0

(Num3 didnt work)

16 minutes ago, Minn Young said:

I did check my enblocal.ini however i'm not sure what to change. I'm guessing that'd be Input? 

[INPUT]
KeyCombination=0
KeyUseEffect=122
KeyFPSLimit=0
KeyShowFPS=106
KeyScreenshot=0
KeyEditor=123
KeyFreeVRAM=0
KeyBruteForce=0

I don't think that's any of them meaning the author of the enb you're using didn't think to include it or didn't want to, you're gonna have to add it yourself.

Edit: Try adding KeyDof=118 to your enblocal.ini then once in-game, press F7 and see if it works.

15 minutes ago, PraedythXVI said:

I don't think that's any of them meaning the author of the enb you're using didn't think to include it or didn't want to, you're gonna have to add it yourself.

Edit: Try adding KeyDof=118 see if it works.

Sorry if im a noobie but what key would 118 be in game?

1 minute ago, Minn Young said:

Did not work sadly TT

Was it showing up in-game in the input tab ? if yes try shift + F7 or change the input in-game to something like numpad 1 but if it doesn't even appear in the enb gui in-game

then i don't know what else to try... sorry ?

5 minutes ago, PraedythXVI said:

Was it showing up in-game in the input tab ? if yes try shift + F7 or change the input in-game to something like numpad 1 but if it doesn't even appear in the enb gui in-game

then i don't know what else to try... sorry ?

No it doesn't. Thanks for your help though. 

1 hour ago, Seijin8 said:

The correct line would be

KeyDepthOfField=118 (or whatever input number)

I noticed that afterwards aswell, but that did not show up in my ENB menu in game either. So then i tried some other ENB's enblocal.ini and copy pasted it in mine but that did not make it show up either. Is there something else i must do to make it show up in game?

45 minutes ago, Minn Young said:

I noticed that afterwards aswell, but that did not show up in my ENB menu in game either. So then i tried some other ENB's enblocal.ini and copy pasted it in mine but that did not make it show up either. Is there something else i must do to make it show up in game?

What do you mean "show up in game"?  It is a hotkey, it won't be displayed anywhere.  Typically you will need to use Shift+Hotkey to make anything like that work in an ENB (unless you changed the modifier key).

Just like how you would use Shift+Enter to get the ENB menu to show up.

39 minutes ago, Seijin8 said:

What do you mean "show up in game"?  It is a hotkey, it won't be displayed anywhere.  Typically you will need to use Shift+Hotkey to make anything like that work in an ENB (unless you changed the modifier key).

Just like how you would use Shift+Enter to get the ENB menu to show up.

PraedythXVI mentioned above that it should show up in the input tab in the ENB menu in game. Either way i've tried Shift + f7, ctrl, alt, fn etc but nothing seems to work. Just to clarify KeyDepthOfField=118, 118 being F7 right?

20 minutes ago, Minn Young said:

KeyDepthOfField=118, 118 being F7 right?

https://www.creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=DirectX_Scan_Codes

Are you using a QWERTY keyboard?  If not these codes might be different (I don't know).

For clarity, it works fine for me (I set it to a media key since Skyrim doesn't interface with those)  Shift + Media Key toggles the effect and the check mark appears/disappears as would be expected.

Spoiler

1557506067_enb2020_03_2802_47_10_33.jpg.1e08e39083a1bd9daebe6870b80a75cf.jpg

I think my issue is the fact it does not show up in my ENB menu in game at all. In your screenshot i can see it in your INPUT. 

This is what my enblocal.ini looks like 

[INPUT]
KeyCombination=0
KeyUseEffect=122
KeyFPSLimit=0
KeyShowFPS=106
KeyScreenshot=0
KeyEditor=123
KeyFreeVRAM=0
KeyBruteForce=0
KeyDepthOfField=103

(Yeah i use QWERTY)

1145237782_TESV2020-03-2812-59-25-47.png.07af2952ea0d2fc07dbafd32d6e333cf.png

Thanks for all the help so far btw

38 minutes ago, Minn Young said:

KeyDof=118 is what was written in my enb gui *and* in my enblocal.ini i believe hotkeys are setup differently depending on how the mod author of the enb implements the stuff he/she needs to make his/her enb, it probably needs to be added somewhere else too but i don't know where.

I found a mod on LE yesterday but before i thought i would suggest it to you i saw that it wasn't working anymore because of the way Boris decided to handle hotkeys...

I'm afraid you may have no other choice but to pick a different enb that has a dofkey already setup and then tweak it to your liking...

Spoiler

Cute character btw.

Edit: that's the mod i was on about...

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/13306

14 minutes ago, PraedythXVI said:

KeyDof=118 is what was written in my enb gui *and* in my enblocal.ini i believe hotkeys are setup differently depending on how the mod author of the enb implements the stuff he/she needs to make his/her enb, it probably needs to be added somewhere else too but i don't know where.

I found a mod on LE yesterday but before i thought i would suggest it to you i saw that it wasn't working anymore because of the way Boris decided to handle hotkeys...

I'm afraid you may have no other choice but to pick a different enb that has a dofkey already setup and then tweak it to your liking...

Hide contents

Cute character btw.

Edit: that's the mod i was on about...

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/13306

Spoiler

Thank you! XD 

Yeah i actually found that mod and felt it'd be perfeeect. I too am afraid there is no way to get the hotkey unless i use another ENB or find out where i have to put another line for it to show up in my ENB menu. Anyway if you ever do find out before me please let me know, it's not a huge issue but it is a slight inconvinience when making screenshots. I have an extremely heavy DoF that drops about 30 fps so i turn it off when picking another pose. The hotkey would have been extremely convinient.

15 minutes ago, Minn Young said:

Reveal hidden contents

Thank you! XD 

Yeah i actually found that mod and felt it'd be perfeeect. I too am afraid there is no way to get the hotkey unless i use another ENB or find out where i have to put another line for it to show up in my ENB menu. Anyway if you ever do find out before me please let me know, it's not a huge issue but it is a slight inconvinience when making screenshots. I have an extremely heavy DoF that drops about 30 fps so i turn it off when picking another pose. The hotkey would have been extremely convinient.

Yeah i get that... will do if i find out.

9 hours ago, PraedythXVI said:

Sooooo... turns out the enb i'm using that does have a dofkey already setup doesn't even work... i'm real triggered now.

Reveal hidden contents

OOOF.jpg.ff50814fcff3cff1c50d0dee57d2fb92.jpg

Whaaaat... That's so confusing! Where can i send the guy that makes the ENB menu a message?

2 hours ago, Minn Young said:

Whaaaat... That's so confusing! Where can i send the guy that makes the ENB menu a message?

I messaged the author of the enb preset i'm using, it's probably an issue with our presets and not the entire enb thing but if you want to ask Boris (i think that's his name) the author of enb then you'll have to make post on his forum: http://enbseries.enbdev.com/forum/

also i found this old thread http://enbseries.enbdev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=5206&start=10 , apparently it's shift + F7 so i'm gonna try it (hopefully it works)...

Edit: OMG it worked ! so in keydof= there should only be the key you'll want to use (for exemple 118 so F7) BUT in-game you will have to use shift + the key you selected (so F7 in my case). ?

you'd think it would be specified somewhere that shift needs to also be pressed but guess not...

3 hours ago, PraedythXVI said:

I messaged the author of the enb preset i'm using, it's probably an issue with our presets and not the entire enb thing but if you want to ask Boris (i think that's his name) the author of enb then you'll have to make post on his forum: http://enbseries.enbdev.com/forum/

also i found this old thread http://enbseries.enbdev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=5206&start=10 , apparently it's shift + F7 so i'm gonna try it (hopefully it works)...

Edit: OMG it worked ! so in keydof= there should only be the key you'll want to use (for exemple 118 so F7) BUT in-game you will have to use shift + the key you selected (so F7 in my case). ?

you'd think it would be specified somewhere that shift needs to also be pressed but guess not...

TT i tried but didn't work for me either i think i'm gonna have to give up on my hotkey. 

Archived