[1.4] RJW Animation Framework

On 4/8/2020 at 1:50 PM, Hana3chan said:

Love the work btw! I have noticed that animations don't play for normal Lovin' in my game, they only play when i forcibly act through a hero pawn. Unsure if it's on my end or not.

Huh, after some playtesting I see what you mean by the vanilla lovin' toil not playing an animation. I'm considering just outright preventing Lovin from ever being called because RJW handles everything anyway. Maybe even just replacing the toil.

Update: I just went ahead and replaced the Lovin' jobgiver with the JoinInBed job. Now they should go at it when they're in bed.

WOW, you've been going ham on this mod?! I wasn't expecting a framework made already for RJW let alone a tutorial on making animations added in the description. Keep it up! Now I just have to wait for rimnudeworld to get up and running and the triad will be complete. Looks like the creator of Humanoid Alien Race is working on a framework to support graphic placement, i.e. like breasts and dongs and beavers, on pawns outside their current rigged system based on the impressions I've gotten from the Nude World creator.

Have to ask a tricky question that will certainly come up once nude world goes live, have you thought about how to address dong visibility in the lovn' scenes? It will be weeks before this mod goes live but I thought I'd ask pre-emptively. 

1 hour ago, Steve6969 said:

https://gist.github.com/07d28bfb178ee2df3ccbc329420a44b9

here you go, also do you know if any of these mods are unstable and causing alot of lag?

Looks like my mod may be conflicting with one of these other mods patching the PawnRenderer. Facial Animation and Show Hair With Hats I've patched, Humanoid Alien Races is buggy with my mod and the patch is still WIP, and the rest of the mods I'm unsure of.

PawnRenderer.RenderPawnAt: PRE: [10000]CameraPlus.PawnRenderer_RenderPawnAt_Patch.Prefix post: CameraPlus.PawnRenderer_RenderPawnAt_Patch.Postfix, PawnShields.HarmonyPatches.Patch_PawnRenderer_RenderPawnAt, DualWield.Harmony.PawnRenderer_RenderPawnAt.Postfix TRANS: AlienRace.HarmonyPatches.PostureTranspiler

PawnRenderer.RenderPawnInternal: PRE: [600]Children.ChildrenHarmony+PawnRenderer_RenderPawnInternal_Patch.PawnRenderer_RenderPawnInternal_Pre, RRYautja.AvP_PawnRenderer_RenderPawnInternal_Patch.Prefix, ShowHair.Patch_PawnRenderer_RenderPawnInternal.Prefix, HunterMarkingSystem.HMS_PawnRenderer_RenderPawnInternal_Patch.Prefix, Rimworld_Animations.HarmonyPatch_PawnRenderer.Prefix post: MOARANDROIDS.PawnRenderer_Patch+RenderPawnInternal_Patch.Listener, ShowHair.Patch_PawnRenderer_RenderPawnInternal.Postfix TRANS: AlienRace.HarmonyPatches.RenderPawnInternalTranspiler, VanillaHairExpanded.Patch_PawnRenderer+RenderPawnInternal.Transpiler, ShowHair.Patch_PawnRenderer_RenderPawnInternal.Transpiler, Rimworld_Animations.HarmonyPatch_PawnRenderer.Transpiler

Also I recommend using Dubs Performance Analyzer to see which mods are causing the biggest performance hit.

8 hours ago, Betabones said:

WOW, you've been going ham on this mod?! I wasn't expecting a framework made already for RJW let alone a tutorial on making animations added in the description. Keep it up! Now I just have to wait for rimnudeworld to get up and running and the triad will be complete. Looks like the creator of Humanoid Alien Race is working on a framework to support graphic placement, i.e. like breasts and dongs and beavers, on pawns outside their current rigged system based on the impressions I've gotten from the Nude World creator.

Have to ask a tricky question that will certainly come up once nude world goes live, have you thought about how to address dong visibility in the lovn' scenes? It will be weeks before this mod goes live but I thought I'd ask pre-emptively. 

Secretly I've been working with the dev of RimNudeWorld and playing with a very early version that has RimNudeWorld working ;)

So yes, it will be compatible.

So something hilarious with this mod is whenever the animations play for some reason in the log it says its always fisting. Which is funny af if you see what im seeing going on lol but at the same time i'd like to know whats causing this issue lol.

5 hours ago, Synlaine said:

So something hilarious with this mod is whenever the animations play for some reason in the log it says its always fisting. Which is funny af if you see what im seeing going on lol but at the same time i'd like to know whats causing this issue lol.

Are you referring to the context of the sextype not matching with the animation? I figured I would add that once there's enough animations in the game. For now, it just picks one randomly.

18 minutes ago, Synlaine said:

Yeah thats basically it. Except it always chooses the same text for describing it in the logs. For some reason it keeps choosing fisting which like I said is hilarious. lol

hm, that's weird. I don't mess too much with how RJW handles context. When you go into their relations and interactions in-game, does it say "X fisted me"/"Y was fisted by X" or something else?

5 minutes ago, Synlaine said:

Its say basically that, I was experimenting with the animations so I added in some timber wolves with some female colonists and apparently the female colonists are fisting the wolves lol Despite the animation appearing otherwise.

Very strange. I'll probably look into it more once I write the code for checking context, but it sounds like a problem with rjw.

After installing the mod and trying to load up a save, all pawns have just straight up disappeared. Console shows error "Could not get load ID. We're asking for something which was never added during LoadingVars. pathRelToParent=/ATPP_skyCloudDownloadRecipient, parent=Human11895".

I'm having a problem where the animations sometimes position pawns inside walls and cause them to get stuck there or teleport to the other side when it ends. It's pretty hilarious but also a little annoying when my comfort prisoners are constantly being freed this way. The ones that can't walk become downed and unreachable on top of the wall and I have to destroy it to rescue them.

unreachable.jpg

8 hours ago, frankenturrets said:

I'm having a problem where the animations sometimes position pawns inside walls and cause them to get stuck there or teleport to the other side when it ends. It's pretty hilarious but also a little annoying when my comfort prisoners are constantly being freed this way. The ones that can't walk become downed and unreachable on top of the wall and I have to destroy it to rescue them.

unreachable.jpg

I changed the way their anchors are set, and they should go back to their original spot on animation end. This should help stop clipping out of bounds.

20 hours ago, xyzap said:

After installing the mod and trying to load up a save, all pawns have just straight up disappeared. Console shows error "Could not get load ID. We're asking for something which was never added during LoadingVars. pathRelToParent=/ATPP_skyCloudDownloadRecipient, parent=Human11895".

hmm, could you send me your full hugslog (ctrl + f12 in-game)?

@c0ffeeeee I've been testing this with minimal mods with decent success ? and have to ask, do you plan to make a system that takes into account the direction of pawns engaging in a sex act and have different angles for doing the same kind of dirty? The animations are a great edition but they only have one angle for each kind of act.

Thanks for working on Nude World! Just noticed it was put live! Looks like it still needs some tlc to work with facial stuff though, which seems like a possible big undertaking.

On 4/11/2020 at 4:44 PM, CrossFT said:

I've had no issues using this and AvP mod.

I only get the short hash red errors with this and avp enabled when I disabled this mod they went away. What 3rd mod do you think is causing the issue? I ask because so far ive only gotten the errors with these 2 enabled.

3 hours ago, Drakeen said:

I only get the short hash red errors with this and avp enabled when I disabled this mod they went away. What 3rd mod do you think is causing the issue? I ask because so far ive only gotten the errors with these 2 enabled.

make sure you're updated to the latest version of RJW and this one. Also, when updating make sure to delete the outdated version and paste the updated version in instead of pasting over the old version.

To anyone wanting to use this mod and having issues with animations not working, remove Prepare Carefully. That mod is so damn buggy with mods in general like RJW. As soon as I add it to my mods list, it breaks this mod. As soon as I took it back off, everything went back to normal.