[1.4] RJW Animation Framework

@platinumspoons DUDE! DUUUUDE?! If this, RJW, and Rimnudeworld somehow worked together..... this would form the perv voltron we all wanted. I'll be keeping my eyes on this mod and hope you continue working on this absolutely unique mod experience!

Have to ask though, how will this impact hediffs that display like we see from Pawnmorpher or like Rimnudeworld, when it finally converts to 1.1 after the mess with hediffs changed a number of things?

Seriously though kudos! I'm sure a lot of sweet and bloods going into this and we in this degenerate community thank you.

13 hours ago, Betabones said:

@platinumspoons DUDE! DUUUUDE?! If this, RJW, and Rimnudeworld somehow worked together..... this would form the perv voltron we all wanted. I'll be keeping my eyes on this mod and hope you continue working on this absolutely unique mod experience!

Have to ask though, how will this impact hediffs that display like we see from Pawnmorpher or like Rimnudeworld, when it finally converts to 1.1 after the mess with hediffs changed a number of things?

Seriously though kudos! I'm sure a lot of sweet and bloods going into this and we in this degenerate community thank you.

It should just work out of the box, but even if it doesn't I could always just patch it. I want this mod to be full HAR support.

5 hours ago, Mogekov said:

Wow! I never expect a mod like this would show up in this community, congrats! it might be really hard to do things like these. Are you planning to do the female rape animation?

Sure will! I'd like to work on a F/F animation first.

Do I need to start a new game for these to take effect? I tried to just remove the Vanilla RJW files and put these in it's place but it didn't work with any of the animations. Also does every pawn have an animation or just specific pawns? I tried to test with an Animus Vox and there wasn't any but when I tried again with a TImber Wolf there wasn't any and it gave me a white error in the log and just said 'anim not found' for both times when I tried.

I'll try again later and see if I can get the error code, sorry I didn't have it this time.

1 hour ago, NuclearMuffin said:

Do I need to start a new game for these to take effect? I tried to just remove the Vanilla RJW files and put these in it's place but it didn't work with any of the animations. Also does every pawn have an animation or just specific pawns? I tried to test with an Animus Vox and there wasn't any but when I tried again with a TImber Wolf there wasn't any and it gave me a white error in the log and just said 'anim not found' for both times when I tried.

I'll try again later and see if I can get the error code, sorry I didn't have it this time.

Make sure you download the latest update from 1.1, not master. Also, animations are dependent on pawn genitals. A female timber wolf won't be able to play the mounting animation. Likewise, the pawn's defName is also a factor; the wolf mounting anim only works for timber wolf and arctic wolf; for modded wolves, you'll need to add their names to the AnimationDefs.

I can add in some debug messages for why an animation isn't being selected, if that'll help.

24 minutes ago, Dahimena said:

Quick question to clarify. We add the animal's defName into AnimationDefs and not their race? 

Yes. Putting "Human" checks for HAR humanoids and regular humans, anything else checks for defName. Most of the time race is the same as defname, anyway.

Edit: is there some specific reason you want race over defname? I can implement it for you if you'd like.

7 hours ago, NuclearMuffin said:

So where do I copy things and what do I copy in order to make this work with mod added races? I assume they won't inherently work with these animations. 

HAR races should work out of the box, but head addons may be floating. That'll be patched soon.

For other modded races, say you wanted to use your modded wolf with my mounting anim, add their def in a <li> tag in RJW/Defs/AnimationDefs under actors.

21 hours ago, c0ffeeeee said:

Yes. Putting "Human" checks for HAR humanoids and regular humans, anything else checks for defName. Most of the time race is the same as defname, anyway.

Edit: is there some specific reason you want race over defname? I can implement it for you if you'd like.

I made some patches for the race support mod so I have race names on the fly from many different mods so it'd be faster to test them with the animations and make patches. But it's like you said, I don't think any of the mods used a different race name from the def name anyway, aside from one or two humanoid races. I've already tested the wolf animation with vanilla animals expanded dogs and they've lined up fine. Is it possible to make a copy of the wolf animion but with the animal pawn drawn behind the human? Some animations would look fine I think if the animal was drawn behind the human in its own separate animation.  

7 hours ago, Dahimena said:

I made some patches for the race support mod so I have race names on the fly from many different mods so it'd be faster to test them with the animations and make patches. But it's like you said, I don't think any of the mods used a different race name from the def name anyway, aside from one or two humanoid races. I've already tested the wolf animation with vanilla animals expanded dogs and they've lined up fine. Is it possible to make a copy of the wolf animion but with the animal pawn drawn behind the human? Some animations would look fine I think if the animal was drawn behind the human in its own separate animation.  

Yes, in each PawnAnimationClip you can use the tag <layer>, which cooresponds to an AltitudeLayer. It defaults to AltitudeLayer.Pawn but I set it to LayingPawn or PawnUnused when I want to layer something over or under something.

layerInXML.JPG

layers.JPG

What I would probably do is duplicate the animation, call it something like "Quadruped_DoggystyleA", switch around the layers in each clip and have the defnames for the special races you want to have rendered under.

1 hour ago, c0ffeeeee said:

Yes, in each PawnAnimationClip you can use the tag <layer>, which cooresponds to an AltitudeLayer. It defaults to AltitudeLayer.Pawn but I set it to LayingPawn or PawnUnused when I want to layer something over or under something.

layerInXML.JPG

layers.JPG

What I would probably do is duplicate the animation, call it something like "Quadruped_DoggystyleA", switch around the layers in each clip and have the defnames for the special races you want to have rendered under.

Oooh I see, thanks for pointing that out. I'm gonna mess around with some animation copies and see what happens with some races then. Thanks for the help!

Wow, just made RJW so much more fun. Will there be a day when animations would work for vanilla lovin too? And, also as a cheap solution, maybe take already existing animations and change pawns places? Suck could become missionary, and doggy with female pawn lying on back would be too? Also suck could work for two females, more or less and scisorring for male and female. I already tried reusing mounting animation for humans, I`m no coder, so, lets say, the result was... bizzare. Doesn`t beat handmade new animations, period, keep up the good work.

Hmmm... i seem to have Fucked it up it seems. I don't know whether it's Camera+, NL Facial Animation's WIP, or Gendered Bodies, but this just kicks in as soon as any pawn that isn't supported by the above facial animation mod is in the scene:
image.png.468037c7295d5a9b3ee790b0e62d5072.png

Tried to recompile the mod and noticed new mod compatibilities i couldn't use, since it didn't allow me to compile, so it maybe my issue there.
(Specifically, Patch: Show hair with Hats couldn't be compiled, probably because i don't have it, considering all other ones compiled fine)
Or it's just trying to patch alien races that don't support NL Facial's to run it anyway, but that's just spit-balling. I have only modded the RJW Scripts thus far, nothing of this screams "Ah, yes, the solution is Y" to me.

But yeah, this is a Zoltan from Lighter Than Fast, all their pawns had no head and destroyed my log with constant tick errors.

1 hour ago, red3dred said:

Hmmm... i seem to have Fucked it up it seems. I don't know whether it's Camera+, NL Facial Animation's WIP, or Gendered Bodies, but this just kicks in as soon as any pawn that isn't supported by the above facial animation mod is in the scene:
image.png.468037c7295d5a9b3ee790b0e62d5072.png

Tried to recompile the mod and noticed new mod compatibilities i couldn't use, since it didn't allow me to compile, so it maybe my issue there.
(Specifically, Patch: Show hair with Hats couldn't be compiled, probably because i don't have it, considering all other ones compiled fine)
Or it's just trying to patch alien races that don't support NL Facial's to run it anyway, but that's just spit-balling. I have only modded the RJW Scripts thus far, nothing of this screams "Ah, yes, the solution is Y" to me.

But yeah, this is a Zoltan from Lighter Than Fast, all their pawns had no head and destroyed my log with constant tick errors.

This is happening when your pawn is in an animation, or just when they're in game?

Edit: Try the latest commit. Pawns that have a FacialAnimation comp should render properly in animation, but I'm not 100% on pawns without. There might be a chance of floating head or it might just work fine?

43 minutes ago, c0ffeeeee said:

This is happening when your pawn is in an animation, or just when they're in game?

Edit: Try the latest commit. Pawns that have a FacialAnimation comp should render properly in animation, but I'm not 100% on pawns without.

Just plain in the world. Sex animations for these pawns don't even play beyond the first half a second.

And sure, i'll take a look, though pawns with FacialAnimation already render properly on my end, it's just the ones without that are becoming headless, in general.

Result:
image.png.062551f60ebd0e943bdeb9848ac3b4ee.png

Heads have respawned, but the protrait at the top seems headless!
image.png.be54bb6375031c235dc46be4afd51b0a.png

All-in-all a improvement.
Animation results:
They all animated properly now, only oddity i noticed was the one with the scarf, their hair was visible in the animation despite not being visible elsewhere (Which i prefer honestly) but the head did not follow the hair, instead it was apparently anchored onto the body.

1 hour ago, red3dred said:

Just plain in the world. Sex animations for these pawns don't even play beyond the first half a second.

And sure, i'll take a look, though pawns with FacialAnimation already render properly on my end, it's just the ones without that are becoming headless, in general.

Result:
image.png.062551f60ebd0e943bdeb9848ac3b4ee.png

Heads have respawned, but the protrait at the top seems headless!
image.png.be54bb6375031c235dc46be4afd51b0a.png

All-in-all a improvement.
Animation results:
They all animated properly now, only oddity i noticed was the one with the scarf, their hair was visible in the animation despite not being visible elsewhere (Which i prefer honestly) but the head did not follow the hair, instead it was apparently anchored onto the body.

Huh, the floating hair I expected, the missing head in portrait I did not. Was that pawn doing anything sex-related while its head was missing in portrait?

The only thing I can really think of is that RenderPawnHeadMeshInAnimation isn't firing properly, which shouldn't be the case because if bool portrait is true it should call drawmeshnoworlater the normal way, or it has something to do with RJW drawing pawns nude during sex. I did write extra code that made it so pawns draw nude in portrait if they're nude in-game, but this isn't nude, it's headless.... not sure.

By the way, forgot I made ShowHairWithHats a dependency. That was just for testing purposes. You should be able to compile without it now.