[1.4] RJW Animation Framework

6 hours ago, cmxdidi1 said:

Hello, I'm having the problem that no animation plays. Even after I downloaded the HAR from https://github.com/RimWorld-CCL-Reborn/AlienRaces,  the problem still remain.

I think my mods are in the right order, and I've subscribed to the right mods. 

And here's the log
https://gist.github.com/cmxdidi1/204d27b20de8a67a0f82295d79eb6743

Reinstall RJW and RJW animations. When updating mods make sure you delete all old files first. Just overwriting files can cause lots of issues. Also might want to start a new save. It looks like you had a lot of mods on this save at one point and then removed them. The save is looking for a lot of missing content.

Actually the main issue here is that your RJW is out of date.

Edited by Tory187
19 hours ago, bastardopfromhell said:

Can we please get less frustrating sliders in the offset-editor? Right now it goes from one edge of the map to the other edge of the map, which makes very hard to make finegrained adjustments. One pixel on the slider corresponds to about 0.1 in offsset. Given the typical range for adjustments is -0.5 to +0.5, we have about ten pixels of precision. This has been the case for a year or so, which makes me wonder if the developer ever tried to use this feature himself.

sorry, I did sorta arbitrarily choose a range of -10 to 10 :^)

I shrunk it down to -2 to 2 to give you finer control and added a text entry for your convenience :)

Edited by c0ffeeeee

Hello, I'm having an issue where every time I load in RJW animations in combination with Humanoid alien races the pawns are completely covered in a pink texture, tried resolving it by changing around the load order, and even just putting those mods in by themselves to no avail, any help or workaround to this would be great.

Here's my Logs : https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/f969b684943250967e6ae31a52f8637a

Here is a screenshot of how it looks : https://gyazo.com/8c8c1dd8bcd7fb9eb145b5dfff217467

1 hour ago, hollowpurp said:

Hello, I'm having an issue where every time I load in RJW animations in combination with Humanoid alien races the pawns are completely covered in a pink texture, tried resolving it by changing around the load order, and even just putting those mods in by themselves to no avail, any help or workaround to this would be great.

Here's my Logs : https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/f969b684943250967e6ae31a52f8637a

Here is a screenshot of how it looks : https://gyazo.com/8c8c1dd8bcd7fb9eb145b5dfff217467

outdated Humanoid Aliens

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2021 at 6:48 AM, cheesewind said:

I do not know why, but Rabbies are broken for me. Something about not having "CompBodyAnimator" attached?

https://gyazo.com/752535360e66b88b13d825a8e5f8bc55

We recently set animations to only patch BasePawn for the purpose of not adding comps to everything which lowers performance needlessly.

Rabbies use a custom BasePawn that doesnt inherit from vanilla BasePawn. Which is a bad practice for race modders and what is causing this error.

*File removed* - just update animations for fix

This patch file fixes their BasePawn. You can place it in the patches folder within animations to fix this error.

Edit: Animations has now been updated to include a slightly updated version of this file. I recommend just updating Animation Framework instead.

Edited by Tory187

A recent change to animations may break compatibility with some race mods. Please report errors that say:

"Error: [PAWNNAME] of race [RACENAME] does not have CompBodyAnimator attached!"

and I will make a patch for them.

On 10/15/2020 at 6:56 PM, c0ffeeeee said:

Hm that's weird, the only other time I've seen this bug is when the XML patch which attaches the body animator component isn't being attached to the pawn. In the latest version I added a check to see if the comp is attached, and if it's not it'll throw an error.

I'm having this exact issue. A specific race doesn't have the animator component attached, and so an error is thrown rather than any animation being played. I read through the rest of the thread and there doesn't seem to be a solid fix, but maybe I'm missing something?

Exact error message is below. I'd post the hugslog but it's over a thousand lines long, so.

Spoiler

Error: Milo 'Milo' Andrews of race Alien_Parrot does not have CompBodyAnimator attached!
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Rimworld_Animations.HarmonyPatch_JobDriver_SexBaseInitiator_Start:RerollAnimations(Pawn, Int32&, Thing, rjwSextype, Boolean, SexProps)
Rimworld_Animations.HarmonyPatch_JobDriver_SexBaseInitiator_Start:Postfix(JobDriver_SexBaseInitiator&)
rjw.JobDriver_SexBaseInitiator:rjw.JobDriver_SexBaseInitiator.Start_Patch1(JobDriver_SexBaseInitiator)
rjw.<>c__DisplayClass1_0:<MakeNewToils>b__6()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:TryActuallyStartNextToil()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:ReadyForNextToil()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:Notify_PatherArrived()
Verse.AI.Pawn_PathFollower:PatherArrived()
Verse.AI.Pawn_PathFollower:TryEnterNextPathCell()
Verse.AI.Pawn_PathFollower:PatherTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick()
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Edit: Ah, did not see the very latest post about the change to animations. Guess that explains things. By the way, if it helps, the parrot race mentioned in the error above is from a mod called Avian Races, if that helps. 

Edited by PawnKing
3 hours ago, PawnKing said:

I'm having this exact issue. A specific race doesn't have the animator component attached, and so an error is thrown rather than any animation being played. I read through the rest of the thread and there doesn't seem to be a solid fix, but maybe I'm missing something?

Exact error message is below. I'd post the hugslog but it's over a thousand lines long, so.

Reveal hidden contents

Error: Milo 'Milo' Andrews of race Alien_Parrot does not have CompBodyAnimator attached!
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Rimworld_Animations.HarmonyPatch_JobDriver_SexBaseInitiator_Start:RerollAnimations(Pawn, Int32&, Thing, rjwSextype, Boolean, SexProps)
Rimworld_Animations.HarmonyPatch_JobDriver_SexBaseInitiator_Start:Postfix(JobDriver_SexBaseInitiator&)
rjw.JobDriver_SexBaseInitiator:rjw.JobDriver_SexBaseInitiator.Start_Patch1(JobDriver_SexBaseInitiator)
rjw.<>c__DisplayClass1_0:<MakeNewToils>b__6()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:Notify_PatherArrived()
Verse.AI.Pawn_PathFollower:PatherArrived()
Verse.AI.Pawn_PathFollower:TryEnterNextPathCell()
Verse.AI.Pawn_PathFollower:PatherTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick()
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Edit: Ah, did not see the very latest post about the change to animations. Guess that explains things. By the way, if it helps, the parrot race mentioned in the error above is from a mod called Avian Races, if that helps. 

Avian Races patch added. Thanks for reporting.

On 7/18/2021 at 2:46 PM, Tory187 said:

A recent change to animations may break compatibility with some race mods. Please report errors that say:

"Error: [PAWNNAME] of race [RACENAME] does not have CompBodyAnimator attached!"

and I will make a patch for them.

Been troubleshooting my install with Silkiera race (skipped animations) and took a peek in the log to find:
"...HAR_Silkiera does not have CompBodyAnimator attached!"
Could I request a patch to see if it'll go?

Edited by Techigai
1 hour ago, Techigai said:

Been troubleshooting my install with Silkiera race (skipped animations) and took a peek in the log to find:
"...HAR_Silkiera does not have CompBodyAnimator attached!"
Could I request a patch to see if it'll go?

Silkiera Race patch added. Thanks for reporting.

C0ffeeeee, the savior and god of our lewd rimworld has graced us with hopes of salvation! We should form a reli... WE CAN! Yes, Ideology. Prepare for the Coffee Religion to be formed, where we worship the almighty bean of sleepslaying! XD

Not sure if your interested in error reports for 1.3, since your still in the process of updating, but just incase the report helps.

For races with ears and tails like kurin, whenever they rotate... there parts do not, which will lead to the ears and tails drifting off the kurin sprites and ending up at odd angles.

• c0ffeeeee changed the title to [Rimworld 1.3!] RJW Animation Framework
  • c0ffeeeee changed the title to [Rimworld 1.3] RJW Animation Framework

After adding rjw, rimnude, oty-nude-unofficial, rjw-animation and animation add-ons, many of the Ayameduki races don't render in-game, they're still there, but the console prints errors when character-less nametags visit my colony. (for some reason the race's sprite is still visible in the character editor)

I'm retarded so, I didn't get a log. I ended up making individual BasePawn patches using the SilkieraBasePawn patch file for reference. After patching each Ayameduki race, the invisible character problem was gone.

Also spent 5mins adding feminine features to their bodies. Again, I'm retarded so I'm posting that here along with the patches just in case someone either runs into my issue or finds use for some of the edited versions of Aya's sprites.

Sorry for being an inconvenience, and thanks for all the work you guys do.

Naked_Female_south.png

Naked_Fat_south.png

Naked_Female_south.png

Naked_Hulk_south.png

Naked_Thin_south.png

Naked_Female_south.png

Naked_Female_north.png

Naked_Female_south.png

IdhaleBasePawn.xml NearmareBasePawn.xml NecloseBasePawn.xml XenoorcaBasePawn.xml

7 hours ago, Bastolve said:

After adding rjw, rimnude, oty-nude-unofficial, rjw-animation and animation add-ons, many of the Ayameduki races don't render in-game, they're still there, but the console prints errors when character-less nametags visit my colony. (for some reason the race's sprite is still visible in the character editor)

I'm retarded so, I didn't get a log. I ended up making individual BasePawn patches using the SilkieraBasePawn patch file for reference. After patching each Ayameduki race, the invisible character problem was gone.

Also spent 5mins adding feminine features to their bodies. Again, I'm retarded so I'm posting that here along with the patches just in case someone either runs into my issue or finds use for some of the edited versions of Aya's sprites.

Sorry for being an inconvenience, and thanks for all the work you guys do.

Naked_Female_south.png

Naked_Fat_south.png

Naked_Female_south.png

Naked_Hulk_south.png

Naked_Thin_south.png

Naked_Female_south.png

Naked_Female_north.png

Naked_Female_south.png

IdhaleBasePawn.xml 469 B · 4 downloads NearmareBasePawn.xml 474 B · 4 downloads NecloseBasePawn.xml 471 B · 4 downloads XenoorcaBasePawn.xml 473 B · 4 downloads

Thanks a lot! Are you ok with these patches being added into rjw animations itself?

Edited by Tory187

For some reason, during animations colonists' penises are not attached to their bodies and are moving oddly compared to the animation (i.e. barely moving). All the other rimnude parts are showing up and animating correctly. I checked and they are showing up as attached to the genitals in the health tab (and of course I'm not using Prepare Carefully). I'm using the latest versions of RJW, Rimnude, RJW Animations, and the Anim Addons. Any idea what could be causing it? Is there an unknown mod incompatability? I'm not getting any errors in the debug log.

EDIT: I'm using OTY Nude as well (.64) if that matters.

EDIT 2: Nevermind, I redownloaded everything and it works. I probably accidentally overwrote files before.

Edited by secretsquirrel7