Jump to content

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, 4nk8r said:

Was an earlier version of this plugin.

It shows that it's tricky to consider all play styles when modding stuff. Someone usually playing a sword fighter will most likely forget about players attacking from a distance.

 

For me it's Chaos Soul Gem Plugs, because I rarely use magic thus never am subjected to them starting to vibrate while hiding behind a ward. I would love for them to trigger when my character is *hit* by a spell (or when she absorbs a Dragon Soul), but that's not part of this mod and belongs in the DD topic.

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, NoirXiaoba said:

Not sure if this was reported already:
 

Arvel the Swift: If you cut him down using a bow, the character softlocks and the quest breaks. Enabling character control with "epc 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1" breaks all interactions and makes Arvel unkillable, thus making it impossible to obtain the claw.

It actually worked during testing, I've considered this option, and he is supposed to walk towards player. When does it softlock exactly? Right after you free him? Or after choosing to resist/stay still? And anything in papyrus logs?

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, NoirXiaoba said:

For me it's Chaos Soul Gem Plugs, because I rarely use magic thus never am subjected to them starting to vibrate while hiding behind a ward. I would love for them to trigger when my character is *hit* by a spell (or when she absorbs a Dragon Soul), but that's not part of this mod and belongs in the DD topic.

What a marvelous idea!  You start absorbing a dragon soul and the plugs go crazy.  Such power!  Thunderous climax.  Everyone's looking at you.  "Okay, we're excited about downing a dragon too, but ... seriously?"

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, Shakx88 said:

When does it softlock exactly? Right after you free him?

This. He just stands there, becomes unkillable (even with console), blocking the path. To proceed I had to disable him and put the claw into my inventory by means of console commands. Papyrus didn't throw any errors (and unfortunately it's already been overwritten again).

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, NoirXiaoba said:

This. He just stands there, becomes unkillable (even with console), blocking the path. To proceed I had to disable him and put the claw into my inventory by means of console commands. Papyrus didn't throw any errors (and unfortunately it's already been overwritten again).

So, if you controls get locked but it doesn't progress, it seems that something is preventing the message box from showing up. It's likey unfilled property, but I can't say for sure. Probably, @Targultoon can check if everything alright with the script (DSC_MS13QuestScript). Or you can check using ReSaver if message box properties are filled on the script. 

Share this post


Link to post

DV v0.2.9 (no Solutions or Confabulations installed)

Updated on a running game

Delphine dialogue is stuck after she equips a Blindfold, Cuffs and Gag on the PC.

Checked the topic if anyone has a solution, but all I see are reports about it happening.

 

After she equipped the devices on the PC she has no other dialogue and only repeats "we can't talk here".

She also can't find her way to the secret door and also refuses to open it even after moving her close to it.

Waiting a hour teleports her into the cellar without opening the secret door.

Following her down there she is in the right position to continue the vanilla dialogue (idle at table over map) but only repeats over and over again "we can't talk here"

 

I will try a reload and check if that helps.

If I understand that correct she wanted to see us gagged? Totally missed that part. Let's try if that helps.

 

EDIT:

Riverwood:

Talking to Delphine with note but without gag => Quest gets stuck after she adds gag, blindfold, cuffs (she walks into a tavern corner instead to her room)

Talking to Delphine with note but with any gag => Quest gets stuck after she adds a blindfold (she walks into a tavern corner instead to her room)

Talking to Delphine with note and the DV gag => Quest gets stuck (she walks into a tavern corner instead to her room)

 

Spoiler

That's how far the quest works:

598050772_enb2020_07_1103_50_42_38.jpg.551bd022419839cece96efe74730190e.jpg

 

937162787_enb2020_07_1103_50_54_23.jpg.b81944fc07642dd61bfcda1f657900ec.jpg

 

1627932589_enb2020_07_1103_51_10_01.jpg.340fc066c28aac750d69db98d8e4acea.jpg

 

after that she just goes into a tavern corner and waits there for what ever reason

if I manage to lure her into her sleeping room he says "close the door" but never tries to open the secret passage

waiting a hour teleports her into the cellar

1416866018_enb2020_07_1103_57_49_24.jpg.bd953f277615b58ed17cc25f4fc23364.jpg

 where she just idles around .

 

 

EDIT:

Just in case: "setstage MQ106 50" continues the quest, not sure yet what I broke by doing that

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, donttouchmethere said:

DV v0.2.9 (no Solutions or Confabulations installed)

Updated on a running game

Delphine dialogue is stuck after she equips a Blindfold, Cuffs and Gag on the PC.

Checked the topic if anyone has a solution, but all I see are reports about it happening.

 

After she equipped the devices on the PC she has no other dialogue and only repeats "we can't talk here".

She also can't find her way to the secret door and also refuses to open it even after moving her close to it.

Waiting a hour teleports her into the cellar without opening the secret door.

Following her down there she is in the right position to continue the vanilla dialogue (idle at table over map) but only repeats over and over again "we can't talk here"

 

I will try a reload and check if that helps.

If I understand that correct she wanted to see us gagged? Totally missed that part. Let's try if that helps.

 

EDIT:

Riverwood:

Talking to Delphine with note but without gag => Quest gets stuck after she adds gag, blindfold, cuffs (she walks into a tavern corner instead to her room)

Talking to Delphine with note but with any gag => Quest gets stuck after she adds a blindfold (she walks into a tavern corner instead to her room)

Talking to Delphine with note and the DV gag => Quest gets stuck (she walks into a tavern corner instead to her room)

 

  Reveal hidden contents

That's how far the quest works:

598050772_enb2020_07_1103_50_42_38.jpg.551bd022419839cece96efe74730190e.jpg

 

937162787_enb2020_07_1103_50_54_23.jpg.b81944fc07642dd61bfcda1f657900ec.jpg

 

1627932589_enb2020_07_1103_51_10_01.jpg.340fc066c28aac750d69db98d8e4acea.jpg

 

after that she just goes into a tavern corner and waits there for what ever reason

if I manage to lure her into her sleeping room he says "close the door" but never tries to open the secret passage

waiting a hour teleports her into the cellar

1416866018_enb2020_07_1103_57_49_24.jpg.bd953f277615b58ed17cc25f4fc23364.jpg

 where she just idles around .

 

 

EDIT:

Just in case: "setstage MQ106 50" continues the quest, not sure yet what I broke by doing that

I've never been able to reproduce it, so it's probably a conflicting mod.

 

Check if you have anything overwriting the vanilla records MQ106DelphineToSecretDoor (000212FB) and MQ201DelphineSecretDoorMarker (000212F4)

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Targultoon said:

Check if you have anything overwriting the vanilla records MQ106DelphineToSecretDoor (000212FB) and MQ201DelphineSecretDoorMarker (000212F4)

Will check!

Just a quick question: If a mod doesn't forward USLEEP changes in LO, would that have the same effect?

 

"setstage MQ106 50" seems not to break the DV quest so far, she gets a DV dialogue after killing the Dragon at Kynesheim to remove the gag. (unless that's far too late 🙄)

Share this post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

Will check!

Just a quick question: If a mod doesn't forward USLEEP changes in LO, would that have the same effect?

 

"setstage MQ106 50" seems not to break the DV quest so far, she gets a DV dialogue after killing the Dragon at Kynesheim to remove the gag. (unless that's far too late 🙄)

A mod not forwarding USLEEP changes will only break something insofar that it is broken in vanilla Skyrim. I don't know exactly what you mean when Delphine walks into a corner, but it sounds like the marker is either been moved by another mod, the package has been changed to another marker, or possibly even the entire navmesh (000539F3 for the inn) has been messed up by another mod, but that'd probably be noticable in other situations.

 

Doing setstage will work fine. It'll only skip over the scene that moves her there, which is "pure", so it doesn't change anything outside of that. Depending on whether or not you had the gag equipped in the inn (You get it in Ustengrav, the note you get has also been edited), you can get different dialogue and an unlock at a different time (though for all possibilities after Kynesgrove she should unlock).

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Targultoon said:

Check if you have anything overwriting the vanilla records MQ106DelphineToSecretDoor (000212FB) and MQ201DelphineSecretDoorMarker (000212F4)

Those have no conflicts in my LO, so I have to search somewhere else 😔

 

The tavern is pretty crowded, if she tries to take the long way around she will get stuck in followers, enemy plus visitors, added creatures, HSG NPCs, Immersive wenches, maybe even more followers 😬

Still not sure if that has an effect, I managed to get her near the Secret door and she even says "close the door", before she decides to have some business in some tavern corner >.<

 

WAIT! It was late at night, like super late, probably she wanted to sleep rather than doing some quest late at night?

I wouldn't blame her. (pulled her anyways into the cold dark night).

 

Don't see any conflicts with DV other then SD+ thug quest, and DV is conflict winner in LO.

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

Those have no conflicts in my LO, so I have to search somewhere else 😔

 

The tavern is pretty crowded, if she tries to take the long way around she will get stuck in followers, enemy plus visitors, added creatures, HSG NPCs, Immersive wenches, maybe even more followers 😬

Still not sure if that has an effect, I managed to get her near the Secret door and she even says "close the door", before she decides to have some business in some tavern corner >.<

 

WAIT! It was late at night, like super late, probably she wanted to sleep rather than doing some quest late at night?

I wouldn't blame her. (pulled her anyways into the cold dark night).

 

Don't see any conflicts with DV other then SD+ thug quest, and DV is conflict winner in LO.

After the dialogue in the "attic" room, open the console, select Delphine and do `getiscurrentpackage 212FB`, to make sure the package is actually running. Other packages won't override it, since the scene isn't marked as interruptible.

Share this post


Link to post
52 minutes ago, Targultoon said:

After the dialogue in the "attic" room, open the console, select Delphine and do `getiscurrentpackage 212FB`, to make sure the package is actually running. Other packages won't override it, since the scene isn't marked as interruptible.

That sound interesting, will try that (lucky me I have a save before starting delphine dialogue 🥳... such a coincidence :classic_ph34r:)

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Targultoon said:

getiscurrentpackage 212FB

Shows as 0.00 in console, I guess that is bad.

 

I played around a bit and unlocked the secret passage.

Delphine finds her way down then.

Still the dialogue to continue didn't show up, but it showed up after DEC started a scene with Dephine.

So I'm sure now it's a conflict and not an issue with DV.

Seems I need to exclude Delphine from some mods so they don't interfere (I do the same for mods like POP/DCL prison quest actors).

Next time I also place DV further down in LO (if that makes any difference ^^).

Share this post


Link to post

I haven't seen the thug quest since the first time. Is there a console command to "complete" the quest, so it can start again? Its been a very long time since the first time. I'm sure I'm due with the amount I've... borrowed...

 

Also, love the mod! Weaving devices into the world is kind've the best!

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, thefakebobdole said:

I haven't seen the thug quest since the first time. Is there a console command to "complete" the quest, so it can start again? Its been a very long time since the first time. I'm sure I'm due with the amount I've... borrowed...

 

Also, love the mod! Weaving devices into the world is kind've the best!

That quest is pretty buggy in vanilla. I included a fix that should allow it trigger multiple times, but I did actually have a few problems with that too. It might be that the quest itself is stuck, but that should only happen if you are still close to the place where you killed the last thugs, otherwise they should despawn and the quest can start again.

 

There's no way to start the quest via console however, because it will only get started through the Story Manager event for picking up items.

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, thefakebobdole said:

I haven't seen the thug quest since the first time.

In addition to what Targultoon said above, it can take the thugs a loooong time to catch up to you if you don't fast travel.  I think the devs assumed that the player would fast travel a lot.  I've checked in the console that the quest is running and the thug aliases are populated, then I'll save and move myself to one of their ref IDs and see that they're pretty far back along my path.  They tend to catch me when I double back, as in going to a city then following the same road back out. 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...