@Targultoon I'm not sure this will work because there is no reliable method to execute something inside script extending Quest on save load I'm aware of. OnInit() gets called only when a new instance of a script is created.

Bug report: you don't seem to have included the script for the player to be bound after sex with Arvel. I even checked in the creation kit, and it says "CODE NOT LOADED".

Edit: this is for both the no resist and resist options.

5 minutes ago, BeoWulf91 said:

Bug report: you don't seem to have included the script for the player to be bound after sex with Arvel. I even checked in the creation kit, and it says "CODE NOT LOADED".

Are you sure you are using the latest version? It doesn't look like the script is missing in it.

If you are absolutely sure, there is an archive with missing scripts some pages back.

13 minutes ago, Shakx88 said:

@Targultoon I'm not sure this will work because there is no reliable method to execute something inside script extending Quest on save load I'm aware of. OnInit() gets called only when a new instance of a script is created.

Hmm, that's probably true, however, it can still be attached to the player alias in DSC_Main with OnPlayerLoadGame() and then call a function in DSC_Utility.

4 minutes ago, Shakx88 said:

Are you sure you are using the latest version? It doesn't look like the script is missing in it.

If you are absolutely sure, there is an archive with missing scripts some pages back.

D'oh! Didn't realize I hadn't downloaded 2.7.1. Yeah, it wasn't in 2.7, but it's in now. Thanks.

When I do the repeat of the greatsword for Adrianne, I get the quest, but not the items from Adrianne, nor does her father ask me to go to Ulfberth.  Should the items be re-equipped as well as the ending scene in the shop?

I started this PC on version 2.6.2 and have since upgraded to the most recent version.

18 minutes ago, Xuvish said:

When I do the repeat of the greatsword for Adrianne, I get the quest, but not the items from Adrianne, nor does her father ask me to go to Ulfberth.  Should the items be re-equipped as well as the ending scene in the shop?

Could you send your papyrus log right after you finish dialogue with her?

14 minutes ago, Shakx88 said:

Could you send your papyrus log right after you finish dialogue with her?

I think it's actually just because the quest is marked as "Run Once", so it won't get reset when starting it again, and it can't set it back to an old stage. Adrianne's dialogue plays since it is linked, but equipping the device is done in the stage fragment, and the Proventus dialogue has a condition check for the stage pretty sure.

11 minutes ago, Targultoon said:

I think it's actually just because the quest is marked as "Run Once", so it won't get reset when starting it again, and it can't set it back to an old stage. Adrianne's dialogue plays since it is linked, but equipping the device is done in the stage fragment, and the Proventus dialogue has a condition check for the stage pretty sure.

Huh, guess I misunderstood the post. I thought Xuvish was having problems with restarting the quest after playing its vanilla counterpart. This way it makes sense and it's intended behaviour.

Changelog:

Spoiler

Fixed some bugs
Now there is no need to clear a save to fix the issue with formlists

Added a new way of handling followers, more precise than using global variable playerfollowercount. The variable still counts though

Deviously Vanilla 0.2.7.3.7z

Boy your fast with fixes and updates 😄

Updated to DSC 0.2.7.2  on a running game and I get the Mask MCM entry now (number of dialogues needed).

Let's update to 0.2.7.3 right away. I can't have a working Setup for too long 😅

EDIT: also update to DSC 0.2.7.3 worked on a running game.

Thank you for the update!  I noticed two spelling errors:

In dialog topic WIAddItem03PlayerStart: 

"Were here to teach you to stop stealing from people."

Script DSC_TIF__0709D884:  

"Suddenly you notice on of the thugs circled around you, but before you can react, they force you to the ground."

On this one, I think it actually reads better without the first part, since I can see that the thugs haven't moved.  I can accept just being suddenly grabbed, without the need to say that someone circled around behind. 

Does anyone else have issues with Hired Thugs?

With DV installed the Thugs will approach me and say nothing, or they'll repeatedly start dialogue "We're hear to teach you a lesson" and then not attack or have any other sort of dialogue options.

Uninstalling reverts Hired Thug behavior to normal (for me).

1 hour ago, chon_tun said:

Does anyone else have issues with Hired Thugs?

With DV installed the Thugs will approach me and say nothing, or they'll repeatedly start dialogue "We're hear to teach you a lesson" and then not attack or have any other sort of dialogue options.

I did with an older version, but with the newer versions and running in a new game that part worked correctly for me.  I don't know if a new is required going from one of the older version to the latest, I'm just being clear that when I recently tried it again, it was in a new game.  I'd saved just before the encounter and played through it several times to identify a different problem*, but the thug greeting worked every time.

*My problem turned out to be that I had to click through the "Get the hell out of here" line at the very end or I'd get stuck in dialog.  I'm not sure if that's been fixed, but at least I know how to avoid it.

7 hours ago, chon_tun said:

the Thugs will approach me and say nothing

This is one of Skyrim's bugs (as far as I'm aware). NPCs forcegreeting you may work properly, chase you but fail to start dialogue or stay put but start dialogue properly.

8 hours ago, chon_tun said:

"We're hear to teach you a lesson"

Are you sure this is what they are saying? Have you tried to speak with every thug?

6 hours ago, Shakx88 said:

This is one of Skyrim's bugs (as far as I'm aware). NPCs forcegreeting you may work properly, chase you but fail to start dialogue or stay put but start dialogue properly.

Are you sure this is what they are saying? Have you tried to speak with every thug?

Well I made a typo, "here" not "hear", but yes that's what they say. I talk to every one, a dialogue menu appears with 1 option (I forget what it is) and if I click it or exit the convo nothing happens, but they thugs still chase me around and interrupt my game with a forcegreet.

I've just updated DV again, I'll try to see if it happens still

I tried to convert it by opening and saving the plugin and optimizing the meshes. Tes5Edit says it is form 44, but my skyrim wont load with the new file anymore. can someone help me to convert it?

1 hour ago, chon_tun said:

exit the convo nothing happens

This is actually how it's set now. As for why the dialogue doesn't progress, I am not sure. There is no reason for it to fail unless the dialogue isn't linked but it is when I check it in CK.

8 hours ago, pinkpunkt said:

I tried to convert it by opening and saving the plugin and optimizing the meshes. Tes5Edit says it is form 44, but my skyrim wont load with the new file anymore. can someone help me to convert it?

Is it recommended to Tes5 all mods or just the ones LOOT recommends? I've done the base game + DLC but stopped there

9 hours ago, chon_tun said:

Is it recommended to Tes5 all mods or just the ones LOOT recommends? I've done the base game + DLC but stopped there

dont know dude , first time I tried it, but like i said i failed. I think my problem was ( i read something about it somewhere)  that i have to esmify the masters of deviouly vanilla with wyre bash and then espfy them again after loading and saving it again.

I dont know what you mean with tes5 all mods. You mean clean them ? You can i guess. Some mods especially say not to for example Guards Dialogue Overhault iirc.

Changelog:

Spoiler

Added new scenario in quest 'climb the steps'

Some backend tweaks

Script optimization

Messed with thugs scenario a bit, so that the last line won't get stuck and some other fixes. Need confirmation if everything is fine though, I wasn't able to trigger it on purpose.

Other bugfixes

Known Issues:

Spoiler

On existing saves the key you are supposed to find can be found before it is thrown away.

Deviously Vanilla 0.2.8.7z

41 minutes ago, Shakx88 said:

Changelog:

Hide contents

Added new scenario in quest 'climb the steps'

Some backend tweaks

Script optimization

Messed with thugs scenario a bit, so that the last line won't get stuck and some other fixes. Need confirmation if everything is fine though, I wasn't able to trigger it on purpose.

Other bugfixes

Known Issues:

Hide contents

On existing saves the key you are supposed to find can be found before it is thrown away.

Deviously Vanilla 0.2.8.7z 989.53 kB · 4 downloads

Uploaded it.

By the way, if you're going to keep working on the mod, it might be a good idea to just create a new topic, so you can manage the downloads and description yourself.

I tried updating from 0.2.6.2.2 to the newest version, 0.2.8, but this only causes Skyrim to freeze on startup, just before the main menu would fade in. I've set the .esps in the same load order as I did for the previous version.

1 hour ago, Targultoon said:

By the way, if you're going to keep working on the mod, it might be a good idea to just create a new topic, so you can manage the downloads and description yourself.

I'm not really sure how long I will be able to keep working on it.

46 minutes ago, StripedWhite said:

I tried updating from 0.2.6.2.2 to the newest version, 0.2.8, but this only causes Skyrim to freeze on startup, just before the main menu would fade in. I've set the .esps in the same load order as I did for the previous version.

I doubt the issue is related purely to the mod because I also have a setup to play Skyrim and it runs fine there.