View File

Deviously Vanilla logo

One thing I've frankly missed in my usage of Devious Devices is a more integrated way to get put in devices. Generally the primary way you get tied up is eg Cursed Loot, but honestly, I find the cursed loot feature somewhat unsatisfying.

So I wanted to integrate DDs more into vanilla gameplay, like Sexlab Solutions did for sex.

Current changes (More fun if you don't look ;))

Spoiler

The option to equip a device on any aggressive scene. Has the potential to break some mods by equipping a device when it is not expected. Can optionally also equip when using an animation tagged as "Aggressive" or "Rough".

Vanilla Scenarios

• Fit For a Jarl
  • Wabbajack
  • Losing or cheating in a brawl
  • Saarthal Amulet
  • Hired Thugs
  • A Blade in the Dark
  • Lod (Falkreath blacksmith)
  • Adrianne Avenicci, starts with Greatsword for a Great Man.
  • The Masque of Clavicus Vile
  • Arvel the Swift
  • Climb the Steps

SexLab Solutions

• Drevis Neloren introduction
  • Sleeping Tree Cave, returning to Ysolda.

SexLab Confabulation

• House of Horrors, when the dremora from Confabulation rape you, they will also equip a collar
  • Destroy the Dark Brotherhood, when Vasha is released, he will put his bindings onto you

Requirements

Recommended

Compatibility

• Sanguine's Debauchery: Also edits the hired thugs quest, it attempts to enslave the player. Place the mod you want to use for that quest lower in your load order.
  • Devious Captures: Also equips devices after sex, if started by Defeat. The sex equip feature of DV is temporarily disabled on Defeat events if Captures is detected.
  • Not So Fast - Main Quest: Load Not So Fast after Deviously Vanilla, otherwise it'll likely break Blade in the Dark entirely. You'll miss out on the DV scenario, but I'll work on a compatibility patch later.
  • Wintersun SLI and Devious Masque of Clavicus Vile. Neither will cause any problems, but will be a bit incongruent, since DV also adds a locking masque, for Wintersun SLI, you can disable "WintersunSLI - DD expansion.esp".

Known Issues

• After having sex with Delphine, she doesn't forcegreet. This is because she is in a scene that is not interruptible, however the dialogue has a high enough priority to still play over gag dialogue, so you can talk to her directly in that case.
  • During Family Business, the player will be unable to walk up the stairs. This is because Skyrim is a bad game, and as far as I can see there is nothing I can do to fix this, except what I did, which is just move the player to the location after some time.
  • If rape is off and you act aggressively during the scenario in Bleak Falls Barrow, one dialogue line will be skipped.
  • During the Climb the Steps scenario, on existing saves the key you are supposed to find can be found before it is thrown away.

Permissions

Consider all code as GPL licensed. Same for the plugin, anyone is free to reuse it, as long as the work you make of it is as well.

Meshes are reused from vanilla assets and DDa meshes, so consider those permissions.

Credits

• DDa - DV reuses some of Zadil's meshes
  • Deviously Cursed Loot code has been a pretty big help.
  • @Shakx88 for coming up with a ton of ideas, and also temporarily picking up development.
  • Everyone else in the thread who dropped in with ideas

Gitlab repo

More ideas are of course always welcome.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    03/09/2020
  • Category
  • Requires
    Devious Devices Integration, Devious Devices Expansion, PapyrusUtil
  • Special Edition Compatible
    No

View File

maybe you could look at the code in Deviously Enslaved Continued for adding devices to player after sex and include that code, so when player has sex with anyone from your mod it checks for devices and adds a device to player. Deviously Enslaved Continued is up for adoption and I reckon you could get permission from the author Verstort with no problem.

thalmor embassy quest - delphine wasn't really honest and basically the only way to enter embassay was as a slave?

No One Escapes Cidhna Mine - madanach wont trust player so easily and want player to be restrained until they escape mine. 

In My Time of Need - Player and Kematu have new idea to fool Saadia Kematu will put set of restraints on player so player can fool Saadia that he/she got captured by Kematu and then escaped and they need to run to stables. 

Basically every non combat quest can be turned into cool dd/sex playthrough all we need is good idea.  

46 minutes ago, Maddac said:

maybe you could look at the code in Deviously Enslaved Continued for adding devices to player after sex and include that code, so when player has sex with anyone from your mod it checks for devices and adds a device to player. Deviously Enslaved Continued is up for adoption and I reckon you could get permission from the author Verstort with no problem.

Might be interesting as a feature, however it would likely be a compatibility nightmare. If I recall from back when I used to use DEC, it would also recommend you not turn on that feature. An implementation that might work however is giving a messagebox to ask the player if it can equip a device, but that wouldn't be a very satisfying implementation IMO.

35 minutes ago, Jappa123 said:

thalmor embassy quest - delphine wasn't really honest and basically the only way to enter embassay was as a slave?

No One Escapes Cidhna Mine - madanach wont trust player so easily and want player to be restrained until they escape mine. 

In My Time of Need - Player and Kematu have new idea to fool Saadia Kematu will put set of restraints on player so player can fool Saadia that he/she got captured by Kematu and then escaped and they need to run to stables. 

Basically every non combat quest can be turned into cool dd/sex playthrough all we need is good idea.  

I had a similar idea for the embassy, indeed. For Cidhna Mine I am hesitant to do something, since Devious Cidhna already exists and is quite expansive.

There is interest from me but it would be nice if there was an MCM or something.  I find certain devices more annoying than sexy, so it would be cool to be able to choose from a range that can be equipped.  But I also recognize that might not always fit the scene.  For example I don't like stuff that completely disables arms and has me constantly dropping keys and unable to get out.  But I'm cool with pretty much everything else, including the restrictive gloves (but you can still use your hands with those).

But either way I have interest in this mod.

2 hours ago, Targultoon said:

but for now I wanted to get out a small mod to see if there is also more interest.

Hell yeah! 😄

Only reason why I would install the Solutions mod :classic_ph34r:

1 hour ago, Targultoon said:

If I recall from back when I used to use DEC, it would also recommend you not turn on that feature.

I use that feature in every LO activated since 2 years now, but you better have a good escape plan (or bwitch and/or DL installed)

It's the best way to get into bondage next to any form of cursed loot (DCL/dDEC), it should be randomly.

Alternatives are quests from mods like DL, DCL, Laura's Bondage Shop (LBS), DFC.

Although being a doggy is great for that too, because it basically lets you modify via json file what will be added.

46 minutes ago, Aki K said:

There is interest from me but it would be nice if there was an MCM or something.  I find certain devices more annoying than sexy, so it would be cool to be able to choose from a range that can be equipped.  But I also recognize that might not always fit the scene.  For example I don't like stuff that completely disables arms and has me constantly dropping keys and unable to get out.  But I'm cool with pretty much everything else, including the restrictive gloves (but you can still use your hands with those).

But either way I have interest in this mod.

That sounds easy enough to implement. I should also note I really dislike that dropping feature with the bondage mittens, but it can luckily be turn off in the Devious Devices MCM (The option is called Hardcore Bondage Mittens. Personally I also like using the mod that allows you to use magic when in Bondage Mittens.)

43 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

Hell yeah! 😄

Only reason why I would install the Solutions mod :classic_ph34r:

I use that feature in every LO activated since 2 years now, but you better have a good escape plan (or bwitch and/or DL installed)

It's the best way to get into bondage next to any form of cursed loot (DCL/dDEC), it should be randomly.

Alternatives are quests from mods like DL, DCL, Laura's Bondage Shop (LBS), DFC.

Although being a doggy is great for that too, because it basically lets you modify via json file what will be added.

The feature itself seems easy enough to implement. Once I get the MCM set up I can add it, but I do want it to be off by default, since equipping a DD every (aggressive) scene sounds liable to break things (DCL especially tends to be a bit fragile during its quests).

Currently I am working on changing the Drevis Neloren scene though. I thought it would be cool to instead of just an armbinder, you would get a summoned DD that has the invisibility effect on it (eg straitjacket and gag), that would dispel after some time, though right now I am having trouble with getting the shader to apply to anything in the first place.

House of Horrors in Markarth. You either do the quest for that overpowered mace as a noob or avoid the forcegreet for  the next 50-80 levels. It could use some caveats I'm thinking. ;)

45 minutes ago, polonius said:

House of Horrors in Markarth. You either do the quest for that overpowered mace as a noob or avoid the forcegreet for  the next 50-80 levels. It could use some caveats I'm thinking. ;)

Yeah, Confabulation currently adds something there, when going back up after getting trapped in the altar, you get forcegreeted by some dremora, who will then ask you submit, and rape you if you do, and my mods also equips a collar there, but it is completely optional and quite short.

I kinda had an idea for more devious daedric lords, like needing a DD to use an artifact or something, and then periodically summoning eg dremora for Molag Bal to attack the player (Also Estrus Hermaeus Mora anybody? It's pretty much right there lol), but this would require more fleshing out before I even think about implementing it. Ideally all daedric lords would have unique things.

I also had an idea for Meridia, where upon finding the beacon, it equips some DD (Magic equips like that aren't my favourite but w/e I'll allow it once), which don't do much for a normal player, but become debilitating for a vampire. Would also give some reason for Meridia to ask a vampire player for help, and reason for the player to obey.

Quick addition: Currently I have also edited the Fit For a Jarl quest (Radiant Raiment) to equip an elegant hobble dress.

Another edit: I'm putting the invisible DD for Drevis on hold for a bit. I had hoped I could use an effect shader to give them that normal invisibility effect, but that doesn't seem possible on the plugin/script side. I can still make them transparent by editing the mesh and texture however, so I probably will still do it eventually.

Also another thing I would like to get some thoughts on.

I feel there should be at least some player control over equips. For example the Drevis Neloren thing can be avoided if the player answers they can see him (Like normal SL Solutions), but the thing I have for the Radiant Raiment quest isn't really avoidable (It always equips the elegant hobble dress when starting the quest.). In this case it isn't that bad, since the elegant dress isn't very punishing. But I also had some ideas like in the intro Helgen cutscene, rather than normal bindings, the player has DD handcuffs that Hadvar/Ralof can't get rid of. But this seems a bit too punishing for something the player has no control over, although it might be better if these events do have an explicit release, rather than relying on other installed mods like DF or DCL. So after getting out of Helgen, arriving in Riverwood Alvor might be able to help with the cuffs or something.

3 hours ago, Targultoon said:

Also another thing I would like to get some thoughts on.

I feel there should be at least some player control over equips. For example the Drevis Neloren thing can be avoided if the player answers they can see him (Like normal SL Solutions), but the thing I have for the Radiant Raiment quest isn't really avoidable (It always equips the elegant hobble dress when starting the quest.). In this case it isn't that bad, since the elegant dress isn't very punishing. But I also had some ideas like in the intro Helgen cutscene, rather than normal bindings, the player has DD handcuffs that Hadvar/Ralof can't get rid of. But this seems a bit too punishing for something the player has no control over, although it might be better if these events do have an explicit release, rather than relying on other installed mods like DF or DCL. So after getting out of Helgen, arriving in Riverwood Alvor might be able to help with the cuffs or something.

Choice offers you a shitload of options for dialogues you might not otherwise have had:

"Either you wear [device] or [undesirable vanilla choice]."

"I'll take [device], please." [desired quest path selected]

It's a terrible example, but it does demonstrate the power available to you provided by choice - Adrianne Avenicci won't help you with the smithing tutorial unless you choose to wear arm cuffs or have smithing leveled to 20. There are hundreds of dialogues in Skyrim where that basic idea system would work. Also, not having a choice is a great way to integrate DDs too. The Radiant Raiment quest is so obvious I'm actually surprised Kimy didn't use that herself in DCL despite her unwillingness to alter vanilla content.

As for Helgen, It'll work if you exchange the bindings immediately after you enter the fort, but they'd have to be a set with combat animations, something no wrist binds have yet. You'd also have to integrate some kind of auto-save/quit feature as heavy modding very often completely fucks the game intro sequence and thus people who use it will generally save in the safety of the fort, quit, load in their mods, then continue. I know armed DD combat is something that's somewhere on Kimy's wishlist, but given the RL pressures attendant to modding big projects you'd probably have to ask someone like Billyy as well as Kimy nicely, then break 300 unused pencils (virgin sacrifice). What you could reasonably expect to pull off with existing resources is something like equipping ankle chains/ball-and-chain and a gag. The chains fit the prisoner motif and the gag works because Tullius doesn't want the prisoners talking, but again, you have to do it immediately when the player enters the fort.

Anyway, it's a sorely underused and bloody obvious way to integrate DDs, so I'll absolutely be watching this mod to see where you take it. 🙂

i have a idee, for you.
If you don't have enough gold for use the transport cart. The coatchman can equip all poney devices on you. For you replace his horse.

4 hours ago, SkyAddiction said:

Choice offers you a shitload of options for dialogues you might not otherwise have had:

"Either you wear [device] or [undesirable vanilla choice]."

"I'll take [device], please." [desired quest path selected]

It's a terrible example, but it does demonstrate the power available to you provided by choice - Adrianne Avenicci won't help you with the smithing tutorial unless you choose to wear arm cuffs or have smithing leveled to 20. There are hundreds of dialogues in Skyrim where that basic idea system would work. Also, not having a choice is a great way to integrate DDs too. The Radiant Raiment quest is so obvious I'm actually surprised Kimy didn't use that herself in DCL despite her unwillingness to alter vanilla content.

That is an interesting structure, but it will probably only be limited to only bigger quests, or maybe it will only allow for a limited number of devices. I fear being forced to wear devices to progress in any vanilla quest would get boring quite quickly.

5 hours ago, SkyAddiction said:

As for Helgen, It'll work if you exchange the bindings immediately after you enter the fort, but they'd have to be a set with combat animations, something no wrist binds have yet. You'd also have to integrate some kind of auto-save/quit feature as heavy modding very often completely fucks the game intro sequence and thus people who use it will generally save in the safety of the fort, quit, load in their mods, then continue. I know armed DD combat is something that's somewhere on Kimy's wishlist, but given the RL pressures attendant to modding big projects you'd probably have to ask someone like Billyy as well as Kimy nicely, then break 300 unused pencils (virgin sacrifice). What you could reasonably expect to pull off with existing resources is something like equipping ankle chains/ball-and-chain and a gag. The chains fit the prisoner motif and the gag works because Tullius doesn't want the prisoners talking, but again, you have to do it immediately when the player enters the fort.

The autosave thing should be unnecessary, as you can play the vanilla intro through Alternate Start, which is something people should be using anyways. As for the combat thing, I think I have two options. I believe the Belted quest from Cursed Wasteland in FO4 did it by simply disabling combat until you get your arms free and get the 10mm pistol, and I could do something similar. The other is to instead rely on the new Bound Combat perks, which add some combat advantage if fighting while bound (Do handcuffs not allow for bound combat? I know armbinders and yokes do.) This could optionally also come with some more content where Hadvar/Ralof try to get the player to equip more devices that help her in combat.

11 hours ago, Targultoon said:

I kinda had an idea for more devious daedric lords, like needing a DD to use an artifact or something, and then periodically summoning eg dremora for Molag Bal to attack the player (Also Estrus Hermaeus Mora anybody? It's pretty much right there lol), but this would require more fleshing out before I even think about implementing it. Ideally all daedric lords would have unique things.

Replacing some of the daedric artifacts with custom devices might be a good start. For example:

Azura's Star / Black Star - vaginal piercings

Ebony Mail - straightjacket

Masque of Clavicus Vile - gag or hood

Ring of Namira - wrist cuffs

Savior's Hide - hobble dress

Ring of Hircine - nipple piercings

Skeleton Key - anal plug

Spellbreaker - blindfold

Mace of Molag Bal - vaginal plug (soulsteal effect)

Other ideas:

Sanguine Rose - player is locked in heavy bondage for the duration of the summon

Oghma Infinium - equips a set of devices upon reading

Wabbajack - potential effects include equipping devices.

This is a great mod concept, just chiming in to say I'm glad you're making it!

A Night to Remember - could equip something as a souvenir of the 'big night', but nothing too restrictive.  Chastity devices wouldn't be appropriate (and would interfere with Confabulation), but a strip collar a la Cursed Loot would be fine.  Boots might be too harsh, given all the travel in that quest.  Piercings would work.

Another thing I would like to get some opinions on.

How important is it to be able to disable quests themselves? The current MCM allows you to disable certain quests, but it somewhat limits the extent to which I can make modifications, and it slows me down quite a bit when making modifications. I will still add device customisation, which is what I am working on right now.

4 hours ago, Targultoon said:

Another thing I would like to get some opinions on.

How important is it to be able to disable quests themselves? The current MCM allows you to disable certain quests, but it somewhat limits the extent to which I can make modifications, and it slows me down quite a bit when making modifications. I will still add device customisation, which is what I am working on right now.

I don't know how much this would be a hindrance, but if you have a current version with that mcm option, you could keep that one out as the "full mcm" version or something and then just work on developing stuff for quests in a development version. For my take, being able to disable certain quests - particularly since you're altering vanilla quests - is important just in case people encounter major bugs with those quests as a result of your mod, but having a development version where you can work on stuff faster and people who want the content can sort of test it for you would be ideal. My conception for it is you work primarily on the development build until you're satisfied with the load of quests you've modified and their stability or whatever other criteria you're shooting for, and then you can catch the full mcm version up as is convenient for you. Of course, this is all contingent on how much of an inconvenience this would be; I'm not a modder so I couldn't tell you, but I imagine doing almost all the updating with just one of the two versions should mean it's not too onerous necessarily.

31 minutes ago, Demerots said:

For my take, being able to disable certain quests - particularly since you're altering vanilla quests - is important just in case people encounter major bugs with those quests as a result of your mod

You'd think so, but the way Skyrim's dialogue system works (As far as I can see, but this is the first time I'm seriously using the CK), I have to overwrite the normal records anyways, and add dialogue conditions and edit the dialogue script fragments to turn my modifications off, which would still make it incompatible with those mods.

34 minutes ago, Demerots said:

My conception for it is you work primarily on the development build until you're satisfied with the load of quests you've modified and their stability or whatever other criteria you're shooting for, and then you can catch the full mcm version up as is convenient for you. Of course, this is all contingent on how much of an inconvenience this would be

This wouldn't really work either, since when adding the MCM I had to basically redo the whole dialogue structure I used.

Really the only thing the option would be good for is turning off a modification if you don't like it.

26 minutes ago, Targultoon said:

You'd think so, but the way Skyrim's dialogue system works (As far as I can see, but this is the first time I'm seriously using the CK), I have to overwrite the normal records anyways, and add dialogue conditions and edit the dialogue script fragments to turn my modifications off, which would still make it incompatible with those mods.

This wouldn't really work either, since when adding the MCM I had to basically redo the whole dialogue structure I used.

Really the only thing the option would be good for is turning off a modification if you don't like it.

I had no idea it was that intensive. I would definitely just do without the MCM functionality in that case.

Elegant idea.

Regarding the MCM: I'd say if it slows you down, go without. Usually I'm all for more polish and quality over quantity, but since every quest change is a singular experience for the user, this mod strikes me as something that lives or dies by the amount of content it offers. In other words, many won't sacrifice a mod slot for three small changes to random quests, no matter how polished, bug-free and customizable.

Or just go with whatever motivates you most, that's probably the most important part in the long run. 😉

The new Wabbajack feature should be compatible with all changes made in the plugin (name, description, value etc), but not scripts. Please let me know if there is another mod that is incompatible.

It also only triggers if you hit an NPC. Actually a bug, but for balance reasons let's call it a feature :)

Could you also release all-in-one versions? Instead of having several small patches that take up a plugin slot.

It's bad enough there's no ESL option in LE so they don't count towards the 255 limit, like there is in SE.

Even though it's easy enough to merge them myself, having to do it every update can become tedious and I'm sure you already have many ideas already planned.