[mod] Rimworld 1.3: Nephila Hyperpregnancy Race Mod

On 9/10/2021 at 2:58 PM, SCRUBLORDPICKLE said:

Never encountered this before, does the pawn have a Nephila Mechanite Inhibitor installed in them? Nephila Pawns will sometimes get an Inhibitor when evolving.

thats the thing they never evolve there just normal pawns with the sickness then it goes away when it gets to severity 100

1 hour ago, forsakenbemon said:

thats the thing they never evolve there just normal pawns with the sickness then it goes away when it gets to severity 100

Your loaded mods are Harmoy, HugsLib, HAR, Nephila, Slime Girl Rimjob Edition, RimJobWorld, S16's Extensions, RJW - RaceSupport, RimJobWorld - Licentia Labs, and RimJobWorld - Extensions correct? Nothing else, nothing's changed since you've last posted your HugsLog?

I'll play with this mod order and see if I can recreate what you're experiencing.

18 hours ago, SCRUBLORDPICKLE said:

Your loaded mods are Harmoy, HugsLib, HAR, Nephila, Slime Girl Rimjob Edition, RimJobWorld, S16's Extensions, RJW - RaceSupport, RimJobWorld - Licentia Labs, and RimJobWorld - Extensions correct? Nothing else, nothing's changed since you've last posted your HugsLog?

I'll play with this mod order and see if I can recreate what you're experiencing.

yes they have changed i switched to just the requirements of the nephila mod

image.png.54524185155fd921f4868a1ec2852741.png

On 7/5/2021 at 10:02 AM, HiveBro said:

Have to wait for dependencies like RJW to be 1.3 compatible before I can really start working on things, but I do intend to get Nephila working with the new version of Rimworld. Depending on time, I'd like to mess around with the Ideology expansion content, too, as I think it has potential use for developing Nephila lore and culture.

1 hour ago, rallyelgen said:

In the last commit for the about file "that says which versions are supported", https://gitgud.io/HiveBro/nephila-rjw/-/tree/master/About

final 1.2 v1 update changes

So it seems that 1.2 is gonna be the last supported version ever, so i do not think its any idea to get your hopes up.

Maybe, maybe not, up to HB, if he stops, he stops, if he doesn't, he doesn't. I hope he continues mod development, but we can't force him to.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you read closely it's about wantedapperal and apparel recipe.

Which basically means that it cant find the apparel (cloths) or the recepie (how to make them).

(you can get something like those errors if you install an apparel patch, but don't have the apparel (say armor) that the race comes with)

I suggest not worrying about those and play anyway. If you get some weird log spam (when gameplay goes incredibly slow and you look at the log in the developer mode when playing) or get some pink boxes, then it would be something to look at.

The 4 at the top is something else.

Do you by any chance have that mod installed that gives Oversized weapons :)

That mod that makes them look bigger.

by the way, i am pretty sure that you have the apparello mod installed (if you read the names of the cloths).

Try disabling that.

• 3 weeks later...

I've gotten some time to start updating for 1.3 and have a working test version. Not gonna update on Lover's Lab until I feel the biggest bugs have been worked out, but, if folks want to help test, you can find the file on my google drive: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Q8TkGYTY-sbwHbTC8uQQyUJcqfUMDJPK?usp=sharing

There were a surprising number of things that were impacted by the update, so expect a buggy experience. I tested transformation and pawn generation and they seemed to work fine, though. Biggest know issue, at the moment, is the aura effect of Nephila no longer working. As the original author of that effect seems no longer to be active, I might have to nix it, unfortunately. Gonna tinker with it as I have time.

Edit: Second drafts up. Did some tweaking and got auras working again (they just started working, if I'm honest, no idea how). Also, tweaked hunger gain down across the board as it seems to tick much faster than in previous versions of the game.  

Edited by HiveBro
  • 2 weeks later...

I have now uploaded a tweaked and bugfixed version of the mod that is compatible with 1.3. Can't promise the most active support at the moment, but please feel free to note issues you run into and I will work on them as I am able. 

Edited by HiveBro
3 minutes ago, HiveBro said:

I have now uploaded a tweaked and bugfixed version of the mod that is compatible with 1.3. Can't promise the most active support at the moment, but please feel free to note issues you run into and I will work on them as I am able. 

Thank you for the update - is this compatible with the latest RJW version (4.9+)?

Uploaded a quick fix for some scaling issues. Seems, due to rendering changes in 1.3, there are a bunch of mods changing the way pawns are rendered. I had thought the built in functionality that HAR provides would be enough to let pawns render at the right scale, but it seems all kinds've mods break HAR scaling for larger models. I have uploaded a new version of the mod that is built to work with Pawn Render Patch for HD (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2539273760). This is a soft dependency, as the game will run fine without it. You'll end up with block shaped Queen's Guard and Grand Matrons if you don't use it, however. Set the Pawn Render Patch setting to around 50 and the larger pawns should render fine. Hate to add it, but this makes the mod much less likely to have weird rendering issues across the board in various different load orders and ultimately leads to the mod being more compatible with other mods.

Nephila sickness should not be cured for 22 days? or should she be cured? I tried adding a disease with 100% severity to the pawns, but it just kept rising, when trying to change it, it dropped to 100% and started again. I found absolutely no errors in the log, no entries

Nephila sickness is a mechanite disease, so it can only be cured by time. Treatment just slows its progression. When it gets to around 90% severity, female pawns should transform. Make certain the pawn you intend to transform doesn't have a Nephila Mechanite Inhibitor installed. That prevents transformation.