[mod] Rimworld 1.3: Nephila Hyperpregnancy Race Mod

17 hours ago, SCRUBLORDPICKLE said:

I recommend making a custom start and adding "Forced Health condition: Nephila Sickness" with whatever severity and chance you want on it, or you can manually add the Nephila sickness Hediff onto a pawn in with EdB Prepare Carefully

I already do that with the Character Edit mod.. however... each time I get a "Cocconed One" (building) I always needing a material, any idea how to get it btw?

On 6/5/2021 at 1:07 AM, tprtmqhwl said:

My lovely Nephila Matron's hair tentacles are down. How do I solve this? (Not only the hair, but also the hat)

https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/e7298f51a8d287a611127bdf69e04d63

제목 없음.png

If you have the show hair with hats mod, that's likely what's causing it. Sometimes you'll have male nephila spawn despite the race being set as female only. That can cause head scaling issues, which looks vaguely like that. My money's on the show hair with hats mod, though. Iirc, you can tweak that mod's allowed hair/apparel settings to fix the issues, but you might have to remove it entirely.

35 minutes ago, kiargo said:

I already do that with the Character Edit mod.. however... each time I get a "Cocconed One" (building) I always needing a material, any idea how to get it btw?

There's a cocooned one building resource and a cocooned one building. The building requires the building resource (made by processing humanoid corpses at the Nephila Pool of Colors) and a Coalescing Cherubim resource (the egg laid by Nephila Maidens/Handmaidens). 

Edited by HiveBro
12 minutes ago, HiveBro said:

There's a cocooned one building resource and a cocooned one building. The building requires the building resource (made by processing humanoid corpses at the Nephila Pool of Colors) and a Coalescing Cherubim resource (the egg laid by Nephila Maidens/Handmaidens). 

So, for the building , I need an egg made for what the building does for...hatch a Hepila Maiden/Handmaiden , how does exacly work at the scenario on "Awakening Empire" or on a custom scenario with custom races?

Both custom scenarios give you access to maidens/handmaidens (one via an infected starting character and the other via already fully built cocooned one buildings that just need to be placed to work). If playing another start, you'll want to get one of your female humanoid pawns infected with Nephila Sickness to get a starting Nephila Maiden. There's lots of ways to do that via items and the like, but my preferred method would be to settle in/visit the Nephila Biome. Get your pawn into a fight with a wild Nephila Cherub or Seraph and, once it bites them, it will infect them. Then it's just a matter of not treating the infection and letting it transform your pawn.  

11 minutes ago, HiveBro said:

Both custom scenarios give you access to maidens/handmaidens (one via an infected starting character and the other via already fully built cocooned one buildings that just need to be placed to work). If playing another start, you'll want to get one of your female humanoid pawns infected with Nephila Sickness to get a starting Nephila Maiden. There's lots of ways to do that via items and the like, but my preferred method would be to settle in/visit the Nephila Biome. Get your pawn into a fight with a wild Nephila Cherub or Seraph and, once it bites them, it will infect them. Then it's just a matter of not treating the infection and letting it transform your pawn.  

I actually play as a Avali custom race, however.. I never did see a Nephila biome, another mod is required?

On 6/8/2021 at 12:21 PM, kiargo said:

I actually play as a Avali custom race, however.. I never did see a Nephila biome, another mod is required?

No, Nephila biome is a part of the core mod. Should be called "Nephilitic Eden" and sprinkled around in cool/temperate/warm zones (but not in big patches like a normal biome--only one tile per). Are you playing the non-Royalty version of the mod? That version doesn't have all the features, which would explain why you haven't seen the Edens.

On 6/11/2021 at 6:56 PM, HiveBro said:

No, Nephila biome is a part of the core mod. Should be called "Nephilitic Eden" and sprinkled around in cool/temperate/warm zones (but not in big patches like a normal biome--only one tile per). Are you playing the non-Royalty version of the mod? That version doesn't have all the features, which would explain why you haven't seen the Edens.

Yup, I don't have the Royality DLC, I am poor so I can't afford it.

23 hours ago, kiargo said:

Yup, I don't have the Royality DLC, I am poor so I can't afford it.

Ah, got it. In that case, your best bet is to play one of the custom starts. You could also use dev mode to add Nephila Sickness to a character or drop a bunch of Nephila Cherubs/Seraphs in the general vicinity of your base (so you can fight them and get pawns infected). Non-royalty version is not as developed as the royalty version, but options are still there.

Alright, I'm completely stumped on what exactly happened. It could just be a bad case of "Correlation does not equal Causation" and I'm looking at it all wrong, but I cannot get the glitch to reappear.

When it originally appeared, I had a Wild Nymphomaniac attack my colony, I subdued her, healed her, and recruited her, and decided she'll be my first Nephila pawn, so I decided to get her infected with the Nephila Sickness VIA the Nephiletic Fog that happened, or through Maiden's Embrace; Can't remember which since my memory is god awful, and I don't have a save anywhere near the time this whole thing happened.

A full season later, while her sickness was progressing and becoming more serious, I got a notification that she was pregnant by some pawn who's name I don't remember, most likely a trader pawn who she happened to hook up with. After the Pregnancy Hediff became visible, my game started spitting our Errors about there being multiple different Lactation Hediffs with the same ID. Which is odd because I have no other mods that would add Lactation. I do have Milkable Colonists in my mod folder, but it isn't active in my current save.

I so wish I made a Hugslog at the time, but I simply just turned on Dev Mode and removed the Pregnancy and Nephila Lactation Hediff. I doubt anything relating to what happened will surface at this point, but none-the-less I'll continue to to mess around and try to recreate what happened down to the letter.

Hmm. Okay. If there are no other lactation mods, it's probably something in the Nephila code. Sounds like its intermittent/uncommon, but if you run into it again, feel free to send me that Hugslog. I'll see if I can figure it out.

1 hour ago, kyrus666 said:

how often are eggs suppose to be produced? I haven't seen any in several rimworld days. There's also no egg progression shown on the pawn's info card...

I have a grand matron and a maiden... I figured I'd have a bunch of eggs...

Grand Matrons take a whopping Six Million ticks to lay a single egg, and Maidens/Handmaidens/Matrons take Thee-Hundred Thousand ticks.
So that equates to One-Hundred days for your Grand Matron to lay a Queen's Guard egg, and Five days for an egg from any other Nephila Pawn.
image.png.98124c8a72069b01c3ab551ace0445b5.png
As to why your UI isn't telling you how long until your next egg, are you using any UI mods? I personally use RimHUD and while it doesn't tell me exactly what the percentage is for, it shows you how close you are to getting another Nephila Cherubim/Seraphim egg.

Are you also perhaps using another mod that allows Colonists to produce milk, like Vanilla Expanded Insectoids, Pawnmorpher, or Milkable Colonists? Nephila pawns are coded to where they can be Milked like an Animal, but produce Eggs rather than something more consumable. While the mods wouldn't directly cause problems with each other, at least I don't think they would, having multiple Milking instances on a pawn could cause errors.
Another thing you should be weary off is if the Nephila Pawn has a lover, and an especially busy one too, as I've seen Nephila pawns not milk themselves with a special job they have access to, and will instead wait for their lover to "assist" them.

Edited by SCRUBLORDPICKLE

Finally got something relating to Induce Lactation, but it's not quite what I expected.

Spoiler

[[RimHUD Auto-deactivation report]]
Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Stacktrace:
[Nephila: Object reference not set to an instance of an object]
  at Nephila.CompNephilaMilkableHumanoid.CompInspectStringExtra () [0x0001c] in <b5fb6f1dc0b94286b37fe2750bc29b9c>:0 
  at RimHUD.Data.Models.PawnModel+<>c.<GetCompInfo>b__121_0 (Verse.ThingComp comp) [0x00000] in <37f641dcf04f4126a04cc44f855a2be7>:0 
  at System.Linq.Enumerable+SelectListIterator`2[TSource,TResult].MoveNext () [0x00048] in <351e49e2a5bf4fd6beabb458ce2255f3>:0 
  at System.Linq.Enumerable+WhereSelectEnumerableIterator`2[TSource,TResult].ToArray () [0x0003e] in <351e49e2a5bf4fd6beabb458ce2255f3>:0 
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToArray[TSource] (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[T] source) [0x0001f] in <351e49e2a5bf4fd6beabb458ce2255f3>:0 
  at RimHUD.Data.Models.PawnModel.GetCompInfo () [0x00077] in <37f641dcf04f4126a04cc44f855a2be7>:0 
  at RimHUD.Data.Models.PawnModel.get_CompInfo () [0x00000] in <37f641dcf04f4126a04cc44f855a2be7>:0 
  at RimHUD.Data.Models.HudModel+<>c.<.cctor>b__36_32 (RimHUD.Data.Models.PawnModel model) [0x00000] in <37f641dcf04f4126a04cc44f855a2be7>:0 
  at RimHUD.Data.Models.HudModel.GetWidget (RimHUD.Data.Models.PawnModel model, System.String id, System.String defName) [0x00075] in <37f641dcf04f4126a04cc44f855a2be7>:0 
  at RimHUD.Interface.HUD.HudElement.Build (RimHUD.Data.Models.PawnModel model) [0x0000d] in <37f641dcf04f4126a04cc44f855a2be7>:0 
  at RimHUD.Interface.HUD.HudRow.Prepare (RimHUD.Data.Models.PawnModel model) [0x00034] in <37f641dcf04f4126a04cc44f855a2be7>:0 
  at RimHUD.Interface.HUD.HudPanel+<>c__DisplayClass13_0.<Prepare>b__0 (RimHUD.Interface.HUD.HudRow row) [0x00000] in <37f641dcf04f4126a04cc44f855a2be7>:0 
  at System.Linq.Enumerable+SelectArrayIterator`2[TSource,TResult].ToArray () [0x00012] in <351e49e2a5bf4fd6beabb458ce2255f3>:0 
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToArray[TSource] (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[T] source) [0x0001f] in <351e49e2a5bf4fd6beabb458ce2255f3>:0 
  at RimHUD.Interface.HUD.HudPanel.Prepare (RimHUD.Data.Models.PawnModel model) [0x00042] in <37f641dcf04f4126a04cc44f855a2be7>:0 
  at RimHUD.Interface.HUD.HudHStack+<>c__DisplayClass5_0.<Prepare>b__0 (RimHUD.Interface.HUD.HudContainer container) [0x00000] in <37f641dcf04f4126a04cc44f855a2be7>:0 
  at System.Linq.Enumerable+SelectArrayIterator`2[TSource,TResult].MoveNext () [0x0003a] in <351e49e2a5bf4fd6beabb458ce2255f3>:0 
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.Max (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[T] source) [0x00056] in <351e49e2a5bf4fd6beabb458ce2255f3>:0 
  at RimHUD.Interface.HUD.HudHStack.Prepare (RimHUD.Data.Models.PawnModel model) [0x00041] in <37f641dcf04f4126a04cc44f855a2be7>:0 
  at RimHUD.Interface.HUD.HudVStack.Prepare (RimHUD.Data.Models.PawnModel model) [0x00032] in <37f641dcf04f4126a04cc44f855a2be7>:0 
  at RimHUD.Interface.HUD.HudLayout.Draw (UnityEngine.Rect rect, RimHUD.Data.Models.PawnModel model) [0x00051] in <37f641dcf04f4126a04cc44f855a2be7>:0 

HugsLog incase you want it:
https://gist.github.com/02878612696fa692f7fcb65f24111809
The Error that happened in game to disable RimHUD happens on line 6278 of the log

EDIT: I FINALLY GOT THE ERROR I WAS TALKING ABOUT ORIGINALLY TO HAPPEN!

Spoiler

Failed to find Verse.HediffDef named Lactating_Natural. There are 1096 defs of this type loaded.
Verse.Log:Verse.Log.Error_Patch2(String, Boolean)
Verse.DefDatabase`1:GetNamed(String, Boolean)
Verse.HediffDef:Named(String)
Nephila.CompNephilaMilkableHumanoid:get_Active()
Nephila.CompNephilaMilkableHumanoid:CompTick()
Verse.ThingWithComps:Tick()
Verse.Pawn:Verse.Pawn.Tick_Patch1(Pawn)
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:Verse.TickManager.DoSingleTick_Patch3(TickManager)
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

HUGSLOG HERE:
https://gist.github.com/6c8367feb430f5f5138d467f9670399d

Update and Typo
5 hours ago, HiveBro said:

Hmm. How 'bout this: Try to replace the following fileHediffs_Nephila.xmlNephila > 1.1 > defs > HediffDefs > Hediffs_Nephila

I've inserted the Lactating_Natural HeDiff from Mali's Milkable Colonists. Should fix the reference error.

Works and Rimworld no longer spits out Errors in the Debug Log, but pregnant pawns still get the Induced Lactation Hediff.

Oops