[mod] Rimworld 1.3: Nephila Hyperpregnancy Race Mod

On 8/1/2020 at 12:50 PM, LKTW said:

Thanks a ton for taking the time to help! Was loading your mod after Alpha Animals and I had been getting a lot of animals from AA in my game so it made me think it had to do with your mod, but simply reinstalling Alpha Animals did the trick somehow!

I think I also have the faction description error rallyelgen talked about. In about 50% of the Nephilim sites on the world map the description looks like in the attached screenshots. Seems the error string continues after the ability to scroll down stops.

In the debug log I get this:

Reveal hidden contents

GetInspectString exception on Settlement Kerkinitida (tile=197375):
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.TraderKindDef.get_TitleRequiredToTrade () [0x00008] in <0ee2c524c4be441e9b7f8bfcb20aca6f>:0
  at RimWorld.Planet.Settlement.GetInspectString () [0x0007f] in <0ee2c524c4be441e9b7f8bfcb20aca6f>:0
  at RimWorld.InspectPaneFiller.DrawInspectStringFor (Verse.ISelectable sel, UnityEngine.Rect rect) [0x00000] in <0ee2c524c4be441e9b7f8bfcb20aca6f>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
RimWorld.InspectPaneFiller:DrawInspectStringFor(ISelectable, Rect)
RimWorld.InspectPaneFiller:DMD<DMD<DoPaneContentsFor_Patch1>?1025563392::DoPaneContentsFor_Patch1>(ISelectable, Rect)
RimWorld.Planet.WorldInspectPane:DoPaneContents(Rect)
RimWorld.InspectPaneUtility:DMD<DMD<InspectPaneOnGUI_Patch1>?-652053376::InspectPaneOnGUI_Patch1>(Rect, IInspectPane)
RimWorld.Planet.WorldInspectPane:DoWindowContents(Rect)
Verse.Window:InnerWindowOnGUI(Int32)
UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle)

NHbug1.png

NHbug2.png

I have the same issue.

A tip: use "Faction Control" mod to remove the 'nephila garden' type.

Then the settlements wont show up. (it is not clickable anyway, if you have it like me.

if you still want the guys (girls) in a settlement, use a mod called "Faction blender"to create settlements that can contain a little bit of each of your races.

As for me, i world like to remove the nephila race from factions (using faction blender), which wants to have a 'faction type' to know what to exclude.

So my question, what should i write there (what is that for nephila race

One last thing to the previous poster, if the game gangs for you when you try to enter a base that contains that race. Please wait 5 minutes and it should be loaded somewhere in that time. :)

• 1 month later...

i dont know if this mod works or not but my pawns heal up if they get this sickness and nothing happens... i tried to transform 3 female pawns by letting them get bitten by these snake creatures. they all develop this hunger sickness i even disallow to treat this illness... so they run around maybe a half season with these symptoms until it goes away and they are well again. 

is this a bug or do i need to micromanage their diet here ?

I pushed a fix for the settlement issue to git. Looked like some reference issues between the faction, title, and traderkind defs for the Nephila NPC faction. I'm not yet counting the mod as updated for 1.2 as I expect there are other issues liable to be encountered, but its a start.

For the sickness not growing in severity, there are a few things that can cause it. High blood filtration can lead to naturally resisting the illness. Mod compatibility issues could lead to pawn generation issues (the way the mod generates Nephila pawns is unfortunately pretty fragil and prone to just stop working). Pawns can also sometimes spawn with "Nephila Mechanite Inhibitors" installed in their bodies. These prevent transformation until removed.

Try going into the mod's files (Nephila > 1.1 > Defs > HediffDefs > "Hediffs_Nephila") and altering the transformation code (under "NephilaInitialTransformationFromAnimal"). Change "    <initialSeverity>0.001</initialSeverity>    " to "    <initialSeverity>0.95</initialSeverity>    ". Then, go into your game, turn on dev mode in the options menu, and reinfect a pawn as you did before. Let me know if you run into any errors or if the transformation happens as it should.

I really like the idea behind the mod. Just got back into Rimworld, and I was kinda disappointed to see this is one of the few mods I was using that isn't fully updated. I really like the concept of having a disease or something transform and completely re-write the mind of my pawns.

And while pregnancy might be one of my 3 fetishes, I will admit that I wish a had another mod with that "unwilling transformation" idea. This does take it a bit too far for me. If I knew how to mod and code and do art (and I didn't have college and work), I would probably see if I could get permission from the dude who did some xenomorph-girl art I found. Instead of a disease, it would be a pawn that works similar to the facehuggers from AvP mod, except it makes them into a super strong, tough, and horny xeno-amazon, essentially. But as I said, I have NO clue how to do any of that.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing this mod updated again. I might not like the style as much as some other things, but I do enjoy this mod quite a bit, and I think it is pretty well done, except for that one menu bug, but when you have one author, I mean things are bound to happen.

The version on github is mostly updated. Have been testing it for a couple weeks now and it seems there aren't any egregious bugs outside of the mission issues that I still haven't figured out (the mission system for nephila is going to need substantial time and effort to get working right). Will probably get around to updating on Loverslab in the next couple hours. Won't be much in terms of new content, but you won't have to worry about the mod exploding your games in the newest Rimworld version.

I'm happy to let folks use any of my code that they'd like. For transformation stuff, you'd need to be able to write C# code. Essentially, what this mod does is create a modified version of hediffs (diseases) that trigger an event at a certain level of severity. The event destroys the pawn that has the hediff and replaces them with another pawn with the same name and relationships as the killed pawn but with a different race. If you did want to make a transformation mod, you'd want to look at the "comps" stuff in the .dll that I wrote. For the files on your computer, you'd need software like dotpeek or the like to do this. You could also view the code by opening the C# files on github. 

Edit: Uploaded the update. As usual, let me know if you all run into any issues and I'll see about fixing them.

• 2 weeks later...

It's going to be a while due to IRL stuff, but I'd like to fix and expand the quest system for the Nephila faction. Barring that, if Archina (the artist that does much of the newer art for the mod) happens to draw anything they want added, I'll likely work on that. Last things they were working on were an evolution for the slug animal you could find in the Nephilitic Eden biome and a high end turret that you'd make by transforming a pawn (if we could get a pawn -> building transformation working, anyway). 

How does this work with other racial mods?
Such as if I had something like the Kurin or say an Illithid pawn that got infected? Would it morph them into a humanoid Nephila Maiden still or would it turn them into a variant of their races as this? If it doesn't crash the game anyway, lol

I don't know what it is exactly, but something about the Nephilia aura keeps throwing out errors.

For instance.

Exception ticking world pawn Eurtheo. Suppressing further errors. System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Nephila.CompEffectAura.ApplyAuraEffect () [0x0004e] in <b5fb6f1dc0b94286b37fe2750bc29b9c>:0
  at Nephila.CompEffectAura.CompTick () [0x00035] in <b5fb6f1dc0b94286b37fe2750bc29b9c>:0
  at Verse.ThingWithComps.Tick () [0x00024] in <d72310b4d8f64d25aee502792b58549f>:0
  at Verse.Pawn.Tick () [0x00024] in <d72310b4d8f64d25aee502792b58549f>:0
  at RimWorld.Planet.WorldPawns.WorldPawnsTick () [0x0002d] in <d72310b4d8f64d25aee502792b58549f>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.Log:ErrorOnce(String, Int32, Boolean)
RimWorld.Planet.WorldPawns:WorldPawnsTick()
RimWorld.Planet.World:WorldTick()
Verse.TickManager:Verse.TickManager.DoSingleTick_Patch1(TickManager)
Verse.TickManager:Verse.TickManager.TickManagerUpdate_Patch2(TickManager)
Verse.Game:Verse.Game.UpdatePlay_Patch2(Game)
Verse.Root_Play:Verse.Root_Play.Update_Patch1(Root_Play)

It seems like it tries to apply it to everything. For instance one time it was giving my errors about applying the aura to the cryopods in the ancient danger.

@Bookworm83: Hmm. That actually solves some questions I had about an error that had been bugging me. Not sure how quickly I can resolve the issue, as I'm not certain what's causing it yet, but I'll be looking into it.

@SeloFox: There are certain races that are defined as immune (androids and undead mostly), but otherwise any female pawn will transform, regardless of race. It only transforms pawns into humanoid Nephila. I did entertain the idea of having variant pawns, and I'm pretty sure the implementation would be pretty straightforward, but it would be time-intensive and require a huge amount of new art (which is both a space and time hog). Given the number of various different humanoid races out there, it just wouldn't be feasible. Even with only one or two races, it would likely take tens of hours to get everything put together.

4 hours ago, ooohboi said:

Loads are:
Harmony
Core
Royalty

HugsLib

RJW

Nephila <==

RJW - Extension

RJW - Licentia Labs

Character Editor

You're missing two crucial mods:

Humanoid Alien races 2.0 and RJW - Race support. You load order is also not correct. It should read:

Harmony

Core Royaly

HugsLib

Humanoid Alien races 2.0

Character Editor

Nephalia

RJW

RJW - Race support

RJW - Extension

RJW - Licentia Labs

Here's the relevant bit from the instructions in the very first post in this thread:

On 3/8/2020 at 12:30 AM, HiveBro said:

Mod load order can be seen in one of the images. Harmony -> Core -> Royalty -> HugsLib -> Humanoid Alien Races 2.0 -> [Nephila Mod] -> RimJobWorld -> RimJobWorld Race Support.

Not sure if its how the mods interact, a programming limitation or just something not considered, but long story short i was trying to amass a lot of cherubs without having to really care for the handmaidens as part of my colony, so i captured a bunch and made a work camp for them using the prison labor mod, so they could do research/mine while growing eggs in a dungeon. the problem is that even with the ability to do all work types due to prison labor, none of them will lay the cherub eggs while they are prisoners, so each time they hit 100% egg growth each one has to be manually released, which causes them to all immediately give birth, then i have to recapture the lot. So i was wondering if there is any way to make it so prisoner handmaidens can give birth, or if that's just not possible.

20 hours ago, Bashis said:

Not sure if its how the mods interact, a programming limitation or just something not considered, but long story short i was trying to amass a lot of cherubs without having to really care for the handmaidens as part of my colony, so i captured a bunch and made a work camp for them using the prison labor mod, so they could do research/mine while growing eggs in a dungeon. the problem is that even with the ability to do all work types due to prison labor, none of them will lay the cherub eggs while they are prisoners, so each time they hit 100% egg growth each one has to be manually released, which causes them to all immediately give birth, then i have to recapture the lot. So i was wondering if there is any way to make it so prisoner handmaidens can give birth, or if that's just not possible.

It's possible, and I've tried to make it work in the past, but I haven't gotten it working so far. Essentially, I need to set up a job for "milking" Nephila. Unfortunately, jobs are kind've complex in Rimworld and getting even the basics working has proven time consuming and difficult. Am plugging away at it, but the release method is probably going to be the most effective for the immediate future.

@oohboi: Hmm. It seems like the helmet patches for other mods is getting upset (I'm guessing you're not using medieval times). Have you tried loading the game to see if anything happens? "Failed" patches of this sort shouldn't cause a problem so long as there's not actually something referencing the patched elements in game (which is impossible if you don't have the mod installed). 

Has anyone else noticed this issue? I'm wondering if it might be the result of something being changed in one of the dependency mods for Nephila.

Also, something I noticed a while back while trying to fish, but any water set in the Nephila biome doesn't have any sort of fish whatsoever, how hard would it to be to code in some basic fish for it perhaps?

Aaaand, is there any conflictions with this mod and things like Pawnmorpher that are already known?

Right now I'm just using Vanilla Fishing Expanded I believe, along with the "Vanilla Expanded" series stuff but I'm not using their biomes or animal additions. And also the Aquarium Cont. mod I believe adds in some fish. I think it mostly adds them with VFE there though.

Current playthrough though I settled in just a temperate forest so I don't think I personally need anything patched for that right now. Unless somehow you can change biomes into Nephila-biomes mid-game >.>