[AAF] "The Fucking Manual" ~ Adult oriented setup guide 21st/January/2024).

I spent the whole night trying to make this thing work. I downloaded and followed everything in the guide and it's not working for me. AAF keeps getting stuck on "gathering" after I select actors and animation. I also got rid of Ultimate AAF Patch because when I had it it wouldn't do anything when I pressed the keys to navigate the menus up or down. I'm super worn out trying to make this work. If anyone could help I'd appreciate it. Here's a list of errors I got when I went to the admin menu. Dunno if it helps:

MaHVI4y.png

5 minutes ago, WaSiren88 said:

I spent the whole night trying to make this thing work. I downloaded and followed everything in the guide and it's not working for me. AAF keeps getting stuck on "gathering" after I select actors and animation. I also got rid of Ultimate AAF Patch because when I had it it wouldn't do anything when I pressed the keys to navigate the menus up or down. I'm super worn out trying to make this work. If anyone could help I'd appreciate it. Here's a list of errors I got when I went to the admin menu. Dunno if it helps:

MaHVI4y.png

Did you ever give us your mod list? If you did, can you give me the post # so we can look at it. Thanks.

21 minutes ago, maddadicusrex said:

Did you ever give us your mod list? If you did, can you give me the post # so we can look at it. Thanks.

No, that was my first post in this topic. Hmm, I have quite a few mods, so I'm not sure I should upload the screenshots I took here. I'll post a link if that's ok. 

My mods: https://i.imgur.com/PZbAHEJ.jpg

My plugins: https://i.imgur.com/cQXhiRm.png

Thank you!

31 minutes ago, WaSiren88 said:

No, that was my first post in this topic. Hmm, I have quite a few mods, so I'm not sure I should upload the screenshots I took here. I'll post a link if that's ok. 

My mods: https://i.imgur.com/PZbAHEJ.jpg

My plugins: https://i.imgur.com/cQXhiRm.png

Thank you!

We are not allowed to see the files. Guess you need permissions. However you get us your list, we really need that.

10 minutes ago, maddadicusrex said:

We are not allowed to see the files. Guess you need permissions. However you get us your list, we really need that.

Darn it. Really? Ugh... That's weird, I can open the links just fine in any of my browsers, and I'm not logged in on that site or anything. Oh well, I'll try to upload directly here then. 

My mods.jpg

My plugins.jpg

I spent hours yesterday trying to get it to work for me. I get a CTD usually within 1-2 minutes of loading. The crash log gives me this error: "Unhandled exception "EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION" at 0x7FFA5FED7C10 flexRelease_x64.dll+0027C10"

Here is my mod load order from LOOT:

image.png.89b219d81302551b23400931af1a0c32.png

2 hours ago, WaSiren88 said:

Darn it. Really? Ugh... That's weird, I can open the links just fine in any of my browsers, and I'm not logged in on that site or anything. Oh well, I'll try to upload directly here then. 

My mods.jpg

My plugins.jpg

Other than you have a crap load of mods, BP70 is listed as 2.3. It is now 2.5 and was retooled to work with AAF 1.61. Could be as simple as updating BP70.

1 hour ago, niemad69 said:

I spent hours yesterday trying to get it to work for me. I get a CTD usually within 1-2 minutes of loading. The crash log gives me this error: "Unhandled exception "EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION" at 0x7FFA5FED7C10 flexRelease_x64.dll+0027C10"

If it is crashing immediately, probably nothing to do with AAF. I do not use Ultimate Patch so cannot speak about whatever it does to the loading. Did your game ever load proper?

4 hours ago, WaSiren88 said:

My mods.jpg

My plugins.jpg

I think you need enable staged leito patch or try my patch for anims

3 hours ago, niemad69 said:

This looks like a problem with your setup for Buffout and/or one of it's requirements. 

39 minutes ago, LousySlinky9 said:

This looks like a problem with your setup for Buffout and/or one of it's requirements. 

Yea I tried reinstalling it a couple times including its requirements. But I don't feel like I'm missing anything or doing it wrong. I follow the directions for each sub-requirement exactly as they say.

1 hour ago, niemad69 said:

Yea I tried reinstalling it a couple times including its requirements. But I don't feel like I'm missing anything or doing it wrong. I follow the directions for each sub-requirement exactly as they say.

Try disabling Ultimate AAF Patch and Buffout. Buffout is not needed for AAF. Then see what happens. Only sure way to test out your Buffout install?

4 hours ago, maddadicusrex said:

Other than you have a crap load of mods, BP70 is listed as 2.3. It is now 2.5 and was retooled to work with AAF 1.61. Could be as simple as updating BP70.

I have 2.5. I have downloaded it and reinstalled it multiple times to make sure I have 2.5, but for some reason NMM keeps listing it as 2.3. The RAR file says 2.5, but when I install on NMM it keeps displaying 2.3. :/

BP70.jpg

2 hours ago, Indarello said:

I think you need enable staged leito patch or try my patch for anims

I don't have Leito animations installed yet.

14 minutes ago, WaSiren88 said:

I have 2.5. I have downloaded it and reinstalled it multiple times to make sure I have 2.5, but for some reason NMM keeps listing it as 2.3. The RAR file says 2.5, but when I install on NMM it keeps displaying 2.3. :/

BP70.jpg

I don't have Leito animations installed yet.

Probably 50% of your mods, I do not use. Crashing on startup can usually be traced to a bad F4SE install. Also AAF, HUD, etc. are all script heavy. The game can only handle so many scripts before breaking. You need to track down all your mods that use scripts. Possible you may be at the game limit. Also NMM loader is not that popular so most of us have no idea how it sets up the game files vs the loaders most used today. Makes it harder to check out stuff. 

2 minutes ago, maddadicusrex said:

Probably 50% of your mods, I do not use. Crashing on startup can usually be traced to a bad F4SE install. Also NMM loader is not that popular so most of us have no idea how it setups the game files vs the loaders most used today. Makes it harder to check out stuff. 

I have the latest version of FESE, and I am getting crashes when I try to load my new save that I made after installing/updating all the stuff I got from this guide, so I have to load a previous save from before. And yeah, I don't like NMM, but I don't know if there's a way to transfer my mods to a new manager without reinstalling/redownload everything. I'm open to suggestions. 

I also just went folder by folder installing everything from BP70 manually to make sure it was the latest version getting installed and I'm still having no luck fixing my issue. What's odd is that even the meta.ini in BP70's RAR says it's version 2.3. 

Uzc96h7.png

5 minutes ago, WaSiren88 said:

I have the latest version of FESE, and I am getting crashes when I try to load my new save that I made after installing/updating all the stuff I got from this guide, so I have to load a previous save from before. And yeah, I don't like NMM, but I don't know if there's a way to transfer my mods to a new manager without reinstalling/redownload everything. I'm open to suggestions. 

I also just went folder by folder installing everything from BP70 manually to make sure it was the latest version getting installed and I'm still having no luck fixing my issue. What's odd is that even the meta.ini in BP70's RAR says it's version 2.3. 

Uzc96h7.png

It is possible the author mislabeled it and NMM is picking up on that. Quick test would be to just disable BP70 and see what happens. I can see nothing of the AAF related stuff that would be an issue, but I am starting to think it is Script related. Has to be. Remember, Item sorters, SIM CITY, HUD, PIPBOY addons, AAF, any mod that mentions scripts in its menu all add up to instant crash if you reach the game threshold. I think Buffout is supposed to help with that problem, but I am not a fan and it requires special installation.

22 minutes ago, maddadicusrex said:

It is possible the author mislabeled it and NMM is picking up on that. Quick test would be to just disable BP70 and see what happens. I can see nothing of the AAF related stuff that would be an issue, but I am starting to think it is Script related. Has to be. Remember, Item sorters, SIM CITY, HUD, PIPBOY addons, AAF, any mod that mentions scripts in its menu all add up to instant crash if you reach the game threshold. I think Buffout is supposed to help with that problem, but I am not a fan and it requires special installation.

I just disabled the BP70 plugin and I'm still getting that error log when I switch to the admin tab, and the thing keeps getting stuck on "gathering" when I select an animation. I also just reinstalled F4SE but that didn't help either. I've tried everything I can think of plus what you have suggested and nothing fixes this. :( 

I'm thinking the only thing left to do other than throwing in the towel is to do a complete, clean reinstall of the game and all my mods, but that's such a long, tedious and time-consuming process... 

If by any chance I do a clean reinstall do you have any suggestions for a good mod manager other than Nexus?

4 hours ago, WaSiren88 said:

I just disabled the BP70 plugin and I'm still getting that error log when I switch to the admin tab, and the thing keeps getting stuck on "gathering" when I select an animation. I also just reinstalled F4SE but that didn't help either. I've tried everything I can think of plus what you have suggested and nothing fixes this. :( 

I'm thinking the only thing left to do other than throwing in the towel is to do a complete, clean reinstall of the game and all my mods, but that's such a long, tedious and time-consuming process... 

If by any chance I do a clean reinstall do you have any suggestions for a good mod manager other than Nexus?

There are a bunch of folks here that are mod experts, especially AAF experts. Might want to swing this over to the AAF thread. I use Vortex from Nexus because it is mostly idiot proof! One idea is to disable everything except body mods and AAF related stuff (animation packs and patches.) Using just the basics, start your new game with F4SE and check out the AAF Menu after creating your character, in the bathroom with Nate or Nora. You can have sex without leaving the bathroom. Once AAF is working, you can then start adding mods till it breaks. 

1 hour ago, maddadicusrex said:

There are a bunch of folks here that are mod experts, especially AAF experts. Might want to swing this over to the AAF thread. I use Vortex from Nexus because it is mostly idiot proof! One idea is to disable everything except body mods and AAF related stuff (animation packs and patches.) Using just the basics, start your new game with F4SE and check out the AAF Menu after creating your character, in the bathroom with Nate or Nora. You can have sex without leaving the bathroom. Once AAF is working, you can then start adding mods till it breaks. 

Yeah, I stumbled upon the AAF support thread for a few minutes and was thinking about asking for help there. I'll do that tomorrow. 
As for your idea, I think that could probably fix it, but it sounds very time-consuming. I will give that a try if no one on the support section is able to help me out. I guess it's still better than reinstalling the whole game and all my mods. If I reinstall everything I will give Vortex a try. 

I really appreciate you trying to help me fix this. :)

On 2/26/2020 at 10:49 PM, Saya_Scarlett said:

LooksMenu 1.6.18 (REQUIRED) (Any version above this will break erections & morphs. Do not update or use LooksMenu ver 1.6.19 and 1.6.20)

Really wish this would be written in giant red letters so more people would see it. How is it possible that the new version is breaking things?