[AAF] "The Fucking Manual" ~ Adult oriented setup guide 7th/April/2024).

8 minutes ago, GIGAVETER said:

I had all the AAF mods from this guide and DEF_UI + VIS-G = CTD appeared, removed VIS-G - CTD disappeared. Delivered DEF_UI + HUDFramework using "HUDFramework auto-patcher" for the file "HUDMenu.swf" + Companion Status HUD = CTD may happen when opening the perk sheet from the pip-boy (T button) (CTD does not exist if you do this immediately after loading the saved game )
Maybe the reason is HUDFramework + Active Effects On HUD, and Survival Stats Widget

You're actually right. However, the problem wasn't with Active Effects, nor with Survival Stats.. Apparently, I had a mod 'Killtips&Hitsound' installed (I didn't even noticed lol) that was causing the issue. That mod adds several elements to the HUD, at the top you get basic info about the npc you've just killed (distance, which gun have you used to kill him/her, etc), and you get an option to enable or disable BPM UI. I think that was the problem since I've tried to get it to work but with no luck..

Anyways, by disabling 'Killtips&Hitsound' my game is working again.

Thanks and take care!

8 hours ago, roten_man said:

The only UI-related mods I have are HUDFramework, DEF_UI, Active Effects On HUD, and Survival Stats Widget (only for playing on survival)

Try reinstalling DEF_UI with JUST DEF_INV and not DEF_HUD. Or the other way around.

Again, the more UI elements you have, the more prone to CTD the game is. This is not an AAF issue if that's the case, this is a game engine limitations issue.

12 hours ago, Varithina said:

I was thinking more along the lines off, if the body etc is not being build properly, then the framework not actually talking to the correct stuff, though I have no idea if this is a potential problem or not, hence my question, and I would hardly call my post a rave.

Didn't mean you were actually raving in here, i just suggested to go and actually do it in FG mod page so maybe they can unfuck what they did ^^

2 minutes ago, Saya_Scarlett said:

Try reinstalling DEF_UI with JUST DEF_INV and not DEF_HUD. Or the other way around.

Again, the more UI elements you have, the more prone to CTD the game is. This is not an AAF issue if that's the case, this is a game engine limitations issue.

Happened again.. I disabled Killtips&Hitsound and game was working correctly again. Then it didn't work for some reason again, so I disabled Active Effects on HUD as well and it worked. And while playing, I got killed so the game started loading the most recent save and CTD again.. What in the name of god am I doing wrong here?

3 hours ago, roten_man said:

Happened again.. I disabled Killtips&Hitsound and game was working correctly again. Then it didn't work for some reason again, so I disabled Active Effects on HUD as well and it worked. And while playing, I got killed so the game started loading the most recent save and CTD again.. What in the name of god am I doing wrong here?

There is a good chance your save/game might now have the bug baked in and you could try to go back any number of past saves to get before where the bug originally bit you, but that is dicey at best. Might need a new game, not what we like to hear..

47 minutes ago, maddadicusrex said:

There is a good chance your save/game might now have the bug baked in and you could try to go back any number of past saves to get before where the bug originally bit you, but that is dicey at best. Might need a new game, not what we like to hear..

I reinstalled HUDFramework, DEF_UI (I don't use DEF_INV), and that seems to have fixed the problem.. I don't know for sure, I could play the game with no issues for good 2 and a half hours, which is something. I will test even more tomorrow.

Also, about a new game; well over the past 2 days I'm experiencing this issue I've literally started the new save every single time I launched the game. Like I said, both AAF 139 and 133 caused me CTD, and 114 could get me in the save but it stuck at 30% loading (which makes sense since I installed all the most recent animations and stuff). 

Hopefully the issue is solved, I'm (unfortunately) stuck with vanilla HUD, but hey, if AAF and its stuff now finally works, then I will live with it lol

1 hour ago, roten_man said:

I reinstalled HUDFramework, DEF_UI (I don't use DEF_INV), and that seems to have fixed the problem.. I don't know for sure, I could play the game with no issues for good 2 and a half hours, which is something. I will test even more tomorrow.

Also, about a new game; well over the past 2 days I'm experiencing this issue I've literally started the new save every single time I launched the game. Like I said, both AAF 139 and 133 caused me CTD, and 114 could get me in the save but it stuck at 30% loading (which makes sense since I installed all the most recent animations and stuff). 

Hopefully the issue is solved, I'm (unfortunately) stuck with vanilla HUD, but hey, if AAF and its stuff now finally works, then I will live with it lol

I'll repeat myself (seems that's something i do a lot these days).

Most CTDs are cause by an excess of UI related mods. The more shit you have messing with the UI, the more stressed the game becomes.

HUDFramework

AAF itself

DEF_UI

Pip-Pad

SimSettlements

Killtips & Hitsounds

Mods adding healthbars and shit

And many others.

The more of this shit you have installed, the more likely you are to CTD.

One other thing, if you want to avoid yourself a headache, avoid VIS/VIS-G like the plague. It is by far one of the most likely causes of CTD running along AAF we've seen so far.

10 hours ago, roten_man said:

it's possible you have too many like Saya is saying or maybe you have one without the correct compatibility patches (or an esp is overwriting the wrong esp..  maybe a UI esp?) because I have DEF UI HUD and INV, def UI translations,  Hudframework, def UI compatibility, extended dialog interface, and some more..  and its fine for me, but I missed one compatibility patch last week because I was trying to create a mod list too quickly..    and I was crashing a lot then

One funny thing is that exactly the time I was installing and following Saya's list, she changed it right after I was done..   so I had to change it again  lol    but it worked better after that anyways..   so I'm sure you probably did look at it, but check the list to make sure

..oh and another thing, it could also be that it depends on your computer..  whether you can run a lot of UI or not..   I'm unsure of that, but it makes me curious though

@Saya_Scarlett

is 'custom moans' okay or not to put in mods?   I see it changes more than just .wav files, because it has to change the .xml file so it can add a sound during an animation

3 hours ago, shadowclone0 said:

..oh and another thing, it could also be that it depends on your computer..  whether you can run a lot of UI or not..   I'm unsure of that, but it makes me curious though

As far as I know, Fallout 4 can only use a limited amount of flash resources. So no matter how powerful your computer is, you will get crashes because the program itself can't handle it. 

4 hours ago, shadowclone0 said:

is 'custom moans' okay or not to put in mods?   I see it changes more than just .wav files, because it has to change the .xml file so it can add a sound during an animation

Not 100% sure but this mite conflict with UAP as they both change Sounds you will have to check.

57 minutes ago, thehotness said:

As far as I know, Fallout 4 can only use a limited amount of flash resources. So no matter how powerful your computer is, you will get crashes because the program itself can't handle it. 

oh okay ty for the info :)

31 minutes ago, mashup47 said:

Not 100% sure but this mite conflict with UAP as they both change Sounds you will have to check.

well the sounds it is referring to are M M animation sounds I think since it was a patch geared more towards gay..     but yes, him changing that stuff may even make it so I can't use female custom sounds..   unless the xml overwrites in custom moans changes the xml to fit females instead..    could be..

does anyone have any idea why erections aren't working if I followed the list like I was supposed to ?   I even changed from evb to bodytalk for the list..    is there a trick to get it to work with all animations?

crazy part is that it was working fine after the first list Saya  did..   but now that it changed to what it is now..  I noticed this after a bit.. 

The reason I'm asking if there is a trick to it is..  I've never used bodytalk before..  I used EVB and it worked back then so I never switched before

6 hours ago, thehotness said:

This right here.

1 hour ago, shadowclone0 said:

does anyone have any idea why erections aren't working if I followed the list like I was supposed to ?   I even changed from evb to bodytalk for the list..    is there a trick to get it to work with all animations?

crazy part is that it was working fine after the first list Saya  did..   but now that it changed to what it is now..  I noticed this after a bit.. 

The reason I'm asking if there is a trick to it is..  I've never used bodytalk before..  I used EVB and it worked back then so I never switched before

Part of that has to do probably with One Patch support being yeeted entirely by Themes author. You're not the first to have issues.

This guide is mostly meant for a WORKING AAF setup, meaning AAF not hanging at 30%, crashing or not even starting.

Do make sure to build the male body with Morphs checked and Erection slider at 0%. Even if it's already set that way, hit build.

Wether you get erections or not, i'd take it up with the people making the animations / patches because that depends on their XML files and whatnot.

Funny thing, most of them use their own custom patches so even i get fucked on that regard because i can't code for shit or make my own XML files or whatever.

One Patch to bang is technically up for grabs as far as i know but no one apparently can be fucked with getting it to 2.0 and keeping it updated.

10 hours ago, shadowclone0 said:

Technically? Yes. I don't think it would mess anything up BUT Custom Moans is more of a resource as far as i'm aware. Another mod/animation pack would have to make use of them.

18 hours ago, RitualClarity said:

Listen to Princess Saya... :D

I try. I do what i can with the info / updates i get.

6 hours ago, mashup47 said:

UAP adds moans for males and (as far as i know) empty files for females. So if you load Custom Moans after it, might win over the empty files that UAP installs for females.

Although, even then, you'd need another mod / animation pack to make use of them.

That's why Savage Cabbage now has sound files for his own animation pack for one.

****************************************************************************************************************************************************

In all honesty, i'm getting a bit tired with all these LoversLab Shenanigans of people doing their own thing and not caring if it'll work with other people's works.

Most (active) modders/animators are in the AAF Discord so you're welcome to ask any technicalities in there.

I just make the guide and make sure it doesn't fuck AAF a new one and it works. Erections/Moans or not.

Anyone is welcome to make a new One Patch to Bang or whatever as long as they follow what's been standardized, unlike Indarello who uses backwards morph values and completely disregards the Themes and makes his own.

If you make a patch that goes along what's been already established, like correct erection morph values and shit, i'll include it here. No problem.

6 minutes ago, Saya_Scarlett said:

UAP adds moans for males and (as far as i know) empty files for females. So if you load Custom Moans after it, might win over the empty files that UAP installs for females.

Although, even then, you'd need another mod / animation pack to make use of them.

That's why Savage Cabbage now has sound files for his own animation pack for one.

I thought it mite be something like that but was unsure so suggested Asking. Asking only hurts your pride if you don't like the answer you get.

1 hour ago, mashup47 said:

I thought it mite be something like that but was unsure so suggested Asking. Asking only hurts your pride if you don't like the answer you get.

Something we say around AAF Discord a lot.

"The only stupid question is the one not asked"

Don't worry. Better safe than sorry, always.

okay thanks, and I found out part of my problem was that I didn't know enough about bodytalk..     I usually know more about the mods I install but I was in a hurry :/

I fixed it now though and I agree with you, modders not caring about collaboration with the framework is a bit frustrating..   but in the end, I love the modders that make stuff like they do..   so I lean and adapt as well as I can  lol

Here is a odd happening. As I posted earlier I updated all my AAF related mods and installed them per this guide. Everything has worked fine so far. Now in my previous playthrough I had been experiencing a glitch in The Mechanist quest where Ida wouldn't open doors for me in the Mechanist Lair. In my new updated game the quest went without a hitch. I have no Idea why but the only thing I really changed was updating and reinstalling the aaf related mods. Curious, no?

Once again thanks to Saya and all the modders who keep the game worth playing.

6 hours ago, Nebuchadnezzer2 said:

Well...

Unless that question is plainly answered in the first two paragraphs of your guide, I guess. ?

I mean, you're not wrong but i'd still rather people ask instead of blindly doing stuff :X

First of all, huge thanks to OP, I followed your instructions and all works perfectly.

I have one minor issue, I've tried a few animations with various actors to make sure that everything works, and none of them seems to have any voice. The only sounds are the ones of sex itself, but neither men, women or creatures moan. Is this how it is supposed to be or something went wrong while installing? If it's the first option, are there any mods to change this? Mute actors are quite immersion breaking.

(This probably has been asked before, my apologies if that's the case, after a quick (and frankly, not-so-accurate) research I couldn't find an answer