[AAF] "The Fucking Manual" ~ Adult oriented setup guide 7th/April/2024).

I followed your guide and after many many many times to fix I still getting this message "This XML file has bad formatting and could not be parsed: AAF_actorTypeData_all.xml" I'm kinda tired and tried everything. Some said it's caused by some old AAF source file but I can't find it. Maybe there's idea to fix it? I haven't this problem since I updated AAF to newest version. Could you help me out on this one?

4 hours ago, RoadG said:

I followed your guide and after many many many times to fix I still getting this message "This XML file has bad formatting and could not be parsed: AAF_actorTypeData_all.xml" I'm kinda tired and tried everything. Some said it's caused by some old AAF source file but I can't find it. Maybe there's idea to fix it? I haven't this problem since I updated AAF to newest version. Could you help me out on this one?

I recently solved some problems and found that it is really necessary to use only the recommended versions. Having the latest version does not mean that it is better, but on the contrary it will cause problems.

Install the exact same versions that are listed in the guide.       AAF v161.1b

On 4/11/2021 at 5:20 PM, vaultbait said:

Oh, also CWSS is supposedly incompatible with Dirty Sex, which I particularly enjoy. Not sure if the warning on that mod's file page is still current, anybody happen to know?

CWSS Redux v4 with the Get Dirty patch is working for me with Dirty Sex. AAF Dirty Sex 1.0.7 That is, sex happens, I get dirty, shower cleans all the grime off. I have not noticed any errors or problems.

Been trying to follow this guide, and I'm sure everything would be fine if it weren't for Buffout 4. I can't for the life of me get the game to launch with Buffout installed and I have no clue why. F4SE and the rest of its requirements are installed in the right places. I've hard reinstalled the game and Buffout several times, I've tried to change the load method in the xSE xml file, none of them work. I have the C++ Redists (both 32 and 64 bit) and have reinstalled/repaired them countless times to make this work. 

Nothing works, every time I try to launch the F4SE Loader it just stays on my screen and does nothing, meanwhile Fallout4.exe runs as a background app according to the task manager, but it just doesn't launch properly.

Can anyone tell me what I may be doing wrong and how to fix this?

6 hours ago, slysnakes said:

Been trying to follow this guide, and I'm sure everything would be fine if it weren't for Buffout 4. I can't for the life of me get the game to launch with Buffout installed and I have no clue why. F4SE and the rest of its requirements are installed in the right places. I've hard reinstalled the game and Buffout several times, I've tried to change the load method in the xSE xml file, none of them work. I have the C++ Redists (both 32 and 64 bit) and have reinstalled/repaired them countless times to make this work. 

Nothing works, every time I try to launch the F4SE Loader it just stays on my screen and does nothing, meanwhile Fallout4.exe runs as a background app according to the task manager, but it just doesn't launch properly.

You do not need Buffout as an absolute. Been playing without from the beginning. Try disabling it, then see about launching game.

17 hours ago, slysnakes said:

Make sure you've installed EVERYTHING Buffout 4 requires: F4SE, Address Library, xSE PluginPreloader, TBB Redistributables, MSVC++ Redistributable

And no, it's not straightforward. Read about each one, make sure you install them the way they're supposed to be installed, some cannot be effectively installed with a mod manager of any sort.

As others have also pointed out, it's not a hard requirement for AAF, but it will almost certainly result in a more stable game, will avoid crashes when AAF is combined with other mods which also alter the HUD, and gives you better logging when things do still end up crashing on you later.

On 4/15/2021 at 12:08 AM, slysnakes said:

Try what I did here. It failed on me as well in the exact same way. I spent about an hour checking my installs (if it's not working, always assume you fucked up first) before I started rolling back the preloader. Turns out I had to revert several versions back to get it to work. 

6 hours ago, SkyAddiction said:

Try what I did here. It failed on me as well in the exact same way. I spent about an hour checking my installs (if it's not working, always assume you fucked up first) before I started rolling back the preloader. Turns out I had to revert several versions back to get it to work. 

It worked, the game launched the way it should.

Thank you so very much, you're fucking amazing!

Now to follow the rest of the guide.

3 hours ago, IBO00000 said:

Can you send me a video of how to activate AFF

If you can't read and carefully follow this extremely detailed walkthrough article, you're going to have no luck getting AAF working. For that matter if you can't even spell the name of the mod, I doubt there's much a video is going to help you achieve. You can't cut and paste or follow links from video footage, so if anything you would have an even worse time if there were such a video.

2 hours ago, vaultbait said:

If you can't read and carefully follow this extremely detailed walkthrough article, you're going to have no luck getting AAF working. For that matter if you can't even spell the name of the mod, I doubt there's much a video is going to help you achieve. You can't cut and paste or follow links from video footage, so if anything you would have an even worse time if there were such a video.

One wonders if there is even an age limit to this site?:smirk:

4 hours ago, slysnakes said:

Hello, back again. Got an issue with the Leito F-F animations where the actor's places are switched and it looks kinda funny. Anyone know what might cause this and what might fix it?
Staged Leito Plus is installed btw

20210417214831_1.jpg

20210417214839_1.jpg

have you install any animation patch like UAP or others? I think you may need patch to adjust position.

4 hours ago, slysnakes said:

UAP is installed. Is there anything I should or shouldn't have checked off in the install?

Is Staged Leito Plus (SLP) below/after UAP? Note that SLP is only needed if you have Beggar-Whore (B-W) installed. B-W is kind of its own thing, so if you don't plan on playing a weak character relying on survival sex in actual survival difficulty, use Sex 'Em Up for occasional whoring instead.

Basically, B-W is a highly detailed roleplay mod. It's designed to be the top priority mod and isn't built with compatibility specifically in mind. While it does generally play nice with pretty much everything else, you'll still notice occasional oddities in animations and other mod interactions.

22 hours ago, SkyAddiction said:

Is Staged Leito Plus (SLP) below/after UAP? Note that SLP is only needed if you have Beggar-Whore (B-W) installed. B-W is kind of its own thing, so if you don't plan on playing a weak character relying on survival sex in actual survival difficulty, use Sex 'Em Up for occasional whoring instead.

Basically, B-W is a highly detailed roleplay mod. It's designed to be the top priority mod and isn't built with compatibility specifically in mind. While it does generally play nice with pretty much everything else, you'll still notice occasional oddities in animations and other mod interactions.

I did install SLP after UAP. Problem is, I can't just change the mod order of it since I'm using NMM (yes, I know) since I find MO2 confusing in terms of using Bodyslide files and stuff.
I'll try to figure that out the next time I do a hard reinstall of Fallout 4 and mods, but for now I just wanna know what I should do to fix F-F animations with strapons. Suggestions?

2 hours ago, slysnakes said:

I did install SLP after UAP. Problem is, I can't just change the mod order of it since I'm using NMM (yes, I know) since I find MO2 confusing in terms of using Bodyslide files and stuff.
I'll try to figure that out the next time I do a hard reinstall of Fallout 4 and mods, but for now I just wanna know what I should do to fix F-F animations with strapons. Suggestions?

I don't really know? One or two have always bugged out for me if I'm using B-W and SLP, and they change with patch versions. Maybe search/ask in the SLP thread?

Other than that, use MO2 if at all possible. The load order sorting is incredibly useful and will save you a lot of time and work.

In MO2, Bodyslide just requires you to install it like a normal mod. Then click the gears icon in the top menu bar, click Bodyslide, navigate to the Bodyslide .exe in the Binary field, save, load it using the drop-down next to the Run button and click Run, then use it normally. Then CTRL-click Build when you build your meshes (remember to tick Build Morphs) so you can select the destination folder. Select the overwrite folder in your MO2 directory, then close Bodyslide when it's done. Right-click your overwrite mod at the bottom of the left pane, create a new mod, name it, move it, and enable it. Ya done!

If you decide to rebuild, this is probably the best basic mod guide out there, but leave off DEF_UI and VIS_G Item sorting (use Bhaal's Better Sorting instead). UI mods are the #1 cause of crashes, so avoid them like the plague. That's what Buffout is for, but it's far safer to let AAF hog all the resources for UI. Your anims might also load faster. Oh, and don't use Raider Overhaul if you're planning on adding Raider Pet.

Hopefully some of that helps?

3 hours ago, SkyAddiction said:

I don't really know? One or two have always bugged out for me if I'm using B-W and SLP, and they change with patch versions. Maybe search/ask in the SLP thread?

Other than that, use MO2 if at all possible. The load order sorting is incredibly useful and will save you a lot of time and work.

In MO2, Bodyslide just requires you to install it like a normal mod. Then click the gears icon in the top menu bar, click Bodyslide, navigate to the Bodyslide .exe in the Binary field, save, load it using the drop-down next to the Run button and click Run, then use it normally. Then CTRL-click Build when you build your meshes (remember to tick Build Morphs) so you can select the destination folder. Select the overwrite folder in your MO2 directory, then close Bodyslide when it's done. Right-click your overwrite mod at the bottom of the left pane, create a new mod, name it, move it, and enable it. Ya done!

If you decide to rebuild, this is probably the best basic mod guide out there, but leave off DEF_UI and VIS_G Item sorting (use Bhaal's Better Sorting instead). UI mods are the #1 cause of crashes, so avoid them like the plague. That's what Buffout is for, but it's far safer to let AAF hog all the resources for UI. Your anims might also load faster. Oh, and don't use Raider Overhaul if you're planning on adding Raider Pet.

Hopefully some of that helps?

Awesome, thanks for the help! I'll be sure to install my mods like this next time.

1 hour ago, izzyknows said:

Did you read Tentacus note about UAP no longer being compatible? Versions Matter! LOL

Whoops, looks like I missed that. Thanks for pointing it out.

6 hours ago, JodieHolmes said:

I have followed this exact list a dozen times and it NEVER works. Either the bodies completely fuck up or the animations don't play. I have followed everything to the T and can't get it to work

I sympathise but you have to consider 1. You might have mods installed which conflict. 2. even if you just have these mods and their dependencies your graphics card or operating system may have updated so they don't work.

It is frustrating I know as I just want to get enough animations to work stably that I can use Raider Reform School, Just Business, Wasteland Dairy Framework, Its branch of Family Planning Enhanced and if possible Sex'em Up. So far as soon as I installed these I got a ctd, I uninstalled the animation files and it at least managed to load but still randomly crashed.