[AAF] "The Fucking Manual" ~ Adult oriented setup guide 7th/April/2024).

On 3/7/2021 at 8:22 AM, poblivion said:

It was a very difficult decision, but in the end I decided for UAP.

During the installation, I noticed that there is a patch for "Crazy_Animations - Gun Version", but I did not notice these animations in your guide.

Is there a reason for that?

image.png.0c71ad5d66abe58d9070f9d8f6f5f0e2.png

On 3/9/2021 at 3:41 AM, DragonReborn321 said:

Hello, I'm having a issue with a AAF system crash. "This XML file has bad formatting and could not be parsed: AAF_actorTypeData_all.xml". Any ideas on what direction to take in fixing this?

image.png.51106b6b019befcfa65cb9838e533de0.png

013-read-the-fucking-manual-B-joost-benthem.jpg.c4077328cb5735bade07f95785e6c51f.jpg

2 hours ago, pokkla said:

I read the manual.  Fired up MO2.  Followed the install instructions step by step EXACTLY....  and it worked perfectly.  Seriously, no problems.  Thank you!

This. I wish more people would post exactly this.

The forum is full of people experiencing problems, generally due to deviating from recommendations in some way while having no troubleshooting experience to bail themselves out. It would be great if more people replied about how well this guide worked for them, because this ecosystem as a whole is not easy (I'm a software developer of many years, and the entire idea that people can build a stable experience out of replacing arbitrary files from proprietary programs and doing runtime binary patching is crazy, I'm constantly amazed it works AT ALL). As a result, mistakes are common, things go wrong, and that's when people post. To a newcomer, it looks like the whole situation is a giant shitshow because everyone's complaining about how broken everything is, even though it's really REALLY not.

This guide is excellent, almost as excellent as the folks who wrote it (not talking about myself, I provided very limited input early on) and the entire amazing crew on the AAF Discord. They cannot be thanked often enough. And thank YOU for letting everyone know how well it worked for you.

44 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

This. I wish more people would post exactly this.

The forum is full of people experiencing problems, generally due to deviating from recommendations in some way while having no troubleshooting experience to bail themselves out. It would be great if more people replied about how well this guide worked for them, because this ecosystem as a whole is not easy (I'm a software developer of many years, and the entire idea that people can build a stable experience out of replacing arbitrary files from proprietary programs and doing runtime binary patching is crazy, I'm constantly amazed it works AT ALL). As a result, mistakes are common, things go wrong, and that's when people post. To a newcomer, it looks like the whole situation is a giant shitshow because everyone's complaining about how broken everything is, even though it's really REALLY not.

This guide is excellent, almost as excellent as the folks who wrote it (not talking about myself, I provided very limited input early on) and the entire amazing crew on the AAF Discord. They cannot be thanked often enough. And thank YOU for letting everyone know how well it worked for you.

Well...

Those posting problems and issues and / or bitching about what is going wrong with their setup here.... shouldn't be posting here, as it is 100% clear that they should be going to the Discord server for support. The post that you are refering to along with other thank you post and such are, well, pretty much all that should be posted here. No support issues and or questions that is for sure.

Please redirect ANY and ALL issues towards AAF Discord where the staff of mods / troubleshooters will help you resolve them.

AAF Discord link: https://discord.gg/B95qTEn

Those that post here are going against the guide... if they go against this comment in the bold right on top of the guide... very good chances their "perfectly followed installation according to the guide" is borked if they post here as they didn't follow the guide for they ignored the support instructions. ;)

I can attest that support is faster and far more accurate with the team of members on the Discord channel than here.  GO THERE FOR SUPPORT. AS INSTRUCTED.

I can tell everybody that I won't answer questions or support issues here. I don't  know of anyone that is on the support group doing so either. People can bitch all they want. The author of the guide has left definitive info on where support will be given and is her choice as to the location. Anyone here gets whatever they get in the way of support.

On 3/7/2021 at 5:22 AM, poblivion said:

It was a very difficult decision, but in the end I decided for UAP.

During the installation, I noticed that there is a patch for "Crazy_Animations - Gun Version", but I did not notice these animations in your guide.

Is there a reason for that?

Yes.

On 3/9/2021 at 2:22 AM, JonnySparta said:

Just went to the discord to get the link to this guide again, sorry to see you're not on there anymore. Though I can imagine the many possible reasons. Thanks a lot for your help a while back. :) 

I'm still there. Wot.

On 3/10/2021 at 7:11 AM, poiboi101 said:

This was so helpful! thank you!

On 3/13/2021 at 3:02 PM, pokkla said:

I read the manual.  Fired up MO2.  Followed the install instructions step by step EXACTLY....  and it worked perfectly.  Seriously, no problems.  Thank you!

f4c832980c4e8101b321add63683f7b4.gif

Yes, if you follow the instructions, everything works. Just deviate a little, for example, use a newer version of animations and there will be a problem.

This was one of my problems, it is also good to install Buffout 4 and required (Address Library for F4SE Plugins, xSE PluginPreloader F4) manually.

Skyrim is much easier to be modded.

Fortunately, at Discord channel they gladly advised me and managed to reveal all the mistakes I made.

On 2/24/2021 at 3:24 PM, maddadicusrex said:

Nexus has a mod called A Sex Mod which allows a handful of animated positions. Any adult can have sex, do not need any framework or add on mods. In German but I believe there might be an English translation by now. I used this at the beginning until I was able to figure AAF out. Will give you a small taste of your kinks.

Yes thank you i know that Mod already^^.But i play a Female Char and it will not work with female + female.So i think it is not very interesting for me right now.Mybe i will try again^^.And i'm not shure if AAF alone is the Problem for me....i had Problems with Mods from Lovers Lab from the start.It started in Skyrim and here now too...idk why.Normally i think there is no difference between Nexus Mods and LL Mods....so i realy don't know....sorry !!

I'm not sure what is happening, but when playing a woman, whenever I enter a scene, the body turns male.

What can I do to fix this, because I have no idea what could be causing this.

Also yes, I have been modding games since Fallout 3, but I'm not a coder, not entirely familiar with the inner workings of mods.

Mods.jpg

This is my first post even though I have 760 hours of Fallot 4. AAF never worked (30%) Thanks to your guide I reached 68% (???) .I tried stop-start aaf_mainquest with immediate CTD. At the moment when deactivated Ulfberths AAF Patch ,  everything works  wonderfully . I lost a few things for example deathclaw nude, erection fix Silver Perv. AAF Four Play Anim. by Crazy....... I think we can replace them with something else .If not, no problem for me. It looks like AAF doesn't accept any patches.Maybe my experience will help somone. Saya_Scarlett Thank you, thank you very much for the work you put in this guide.

This is a google translation ,sorry.

3 hours ago, keram461 said:

This is my first post even though I have 760 hours of Fallot 4. AAF never worked (30%) Thanks to your guide I reached 68% (???) .I tried stop-start aaf_mainquest with immediate CTD. At the moment when deactivated Ulfberths AAF Patch ,  everything works  wonderfully . I lost a few things for example deathclaw nude, erection fix Silver Perv. AAF Four Play Anim. by Crazy....... I think we can replace them with something else .If not, no problem for me. It looks like AAF doesn't accept any patches.Maybe my experience will help somone. Saya_Scarlett Thank you, thank you very much for the work you put in this guide.

This is a google translation ,sorry.

Did you follow the exact requirements for all the mods mentioned in the guide and installed them first then the mods in the order mentioned? Also you might want to get rid of the Erection fix Silver Perv, it stops the AAF at 68%. 

Following are the possible solutions:

- Manually placing the xSE Preloader in Fallout 4 folder and  open it and change the value of "LoadMethod" to "OnThreadAttach"

- Install all the requirements for Bodytalk (including the Microsoft Visual C++ for Visual studio 2019)

- Do not install mods that are outdated or incompatible according to the guide.

My fault. Ulfberth's AAF Patch v2.5.30 it's not the same as Ultimate AAF Patch . I installed the first on.    After replacing it with the right one, it works.

Of course, buffout  and plugin preloader  installed in the first. The difference was in the wrong patch.    Thank you so much for help.

Anyone help me. Dont know why but the PageDown and PageUp doesnt seem to work with AAF. I tried to use virtual keyboard with AAF and it worked. I dont think my keyboard is the problem as i did a check online and the buttons worked fine ( Dont think NumsLock is the cause as i enabled it during the game ).

2 hours ago, ApolloXYZ said:

Anyone help me. Dont know why but the PageDown and PageUp doesnt seem to work with AAF. I tried to use virtual keyboard with AAF and it worked. I dont think my keyboard is the problem as i did a check online and the buttons worked fine ( Dont think NumsLock is the cause as i enabled it during the game ).

Your PgUp and PgDn keys might not emit the same scancodes as a 101-key PC keyboard, and if you have a keyboard driver converting them to relevant virtual keys they might still work as expected in other applications but not for DirectX/Fallout 4 (and thus AAF), or they might be getting filtered by some other resident application before reaching the game. The AAF_settings.ini file includes a comment referring to https://www.creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=DirectX_Scan_Codes  where you can pick different keys and then set their scancodes as your alt_key_1 and alt_key_2 values.

But really, as is continually pointed out in this thread and mentioned in the very beginning of the guide itself, visit the AAF Discord and ask there, you'll get much more thorough assistance with troubleshooting your issue.

1 hour ago, vaultbait said:

Your PgUp and PgDn keys might not omit the same scancodes as a 101-key PC keyboard, and if you have a keyboard driver converting them to relevant virtual keys they might still work as expected in other applications but not for DirectX/Fallout 4 (and thus AAF), or they might be getting filtered by some other resident application before reaching the game. The AAF_settings.ini file includes a comment referring to https://www.creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=DirectX_Scan_Codes  where you can pick different keys and then set their scancodes as your alt_key_1 and alt_key_2 values.

But really, as is continually pointed out in this thread and mentioned in the very beginning of the guide itself, visit the AAF Discord and ask there, you'll get much more thorough assistance with troubleshooting your issue.

Okay i will. Thanks

I realize now that I never replied to this thread, even the others ... thank you OP, like REALLY, thank you ! Of course it works, like it really works, because things were made by people that knows what they are doing.

I'm trully amazed everytime i see the comments on the mods by how much stupid people are, like 85% shouldn't even have the right to start a computer...

(english is not my native language xD)

On 2/26/2020 at 9:49 PM, Saya_Scarlett said:

1. Staged Leito Plus 1.0.6 (OPTIONAL) (VERY FUCKING IMPORTANT: REQUIRED if Hardship is installed. If you plan on using this patch, make sure to disable/uncheck Leito Animation Pack from UAP's installation. This patch can also be used to add in some F+F combinations for animations.)

I have staged leito plus, but if I disable leito animations on UAP, AFF will not work.

On 2/26/2020 at 9:49 PM, Saya_Scarlett said:

1. Staged Leito Plus 1.0.6 (OPTIONAL) (VERY FUCKING IMPORTANT: REQUIRED if Hardship is installed. If you plan on using this patch, make sure to disable/uncheck Leito Animation Pack from UAP's installation. This patch can also be used to add in some F+F combinations for animations.)

I have staged leito plus, but if I disable leito animations on UAP, AFF will not work.

4 hours ago, CrazySloth said:

4 hours ago, CrazySloth said:

Doesn't matter how many times you post...

DISCLAIMER: We at AAF Support Discord will NOT check this post regularly, mostly/only to update it.

Please redirect ANY and ALL issues towards AAF Discord where the staff of mods / troubleshooters will help you resolve them.

If you want the support group to help you, go to the discord.  

On 2/27/2020 at 12:49 AM, Saya_Scarlett said:

THIS GUIDE UNDERGOES CONSTANT CHANGES, SO MAKE SURE TO CHECK IT AGAIN ONCE IN A WHILE

PLEASE READ [EVERYTHING] CAREFULLY.

This is a Cheatsheet / Guide i made for myself at first but then decided to make it public in AAF discord as an up-to-date guide for an Adult AAF Setup, specifically.

Since a lot of guides in here are a bit outdated and i'm a troubleshooter in AAF Discord (thanks to dagoba_king) i'll be keeping this updated as things change and update.

Should i leave the scene, this will be edited and re-tagged as [OLD] to avoid any confusion.

This guide isn't meant to be pretty. It's meant to be clear, effective and as foolproof as possible. It's had a lot of success in AAF's Discord Server thus far and i've been asked to post it here.

DISCLAIMER: We at AAF Support Discord will NOT check this post regularly, mostly/only to update it.

I might forget to update version numbers.. so always assume you need the latest version unless specified.

With all that said, we HIGHLY SUGGEST you use either Vortex or MO2 as your mod manager.

We will NOT be providing support for Nexus Mod Manager or manually installed mods.

Seems a lot of people jump into modding without knowing a single thing about it so...

BEFORE YOU EVEN START:

Begin by looping this song first and offer your prayers to our lord and savior, Todd.

Now..

Enable modding in Fallout 4

Open the following file:

If Vortex -> Documents/mygames/Fallout4 -> Fallout4Custom.ini

If MO2 -> MO2 .ini editor -> Fallout4Custom.ini

And add these 3 lines:

[Archive]
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
sResourceDataDirsFinal=

************************************************************************************************************************************************

Advanced Animation Framework Downloads & Requirements

Links list below is MO2's MOD Order on left panel, NOT plugins on right panel.

INSTALL ONLY THE SPECIFIC MODS/VERSIONS LISTED BELOW.

THIS INCLUDES SKIPPING ANY/ALL PATCHES/MODS LISTED/LINKED ON THEIR MOD PAGES.

1. F4SE (REQUIRED) (Picture far down below on how to install F4SE manually because the way the archive is packaged, Vortex at least might screw up its installation.)
  2. Bodyslide (REQUIRED)
  3. LooksMenu 1.6.18 (REQUIRED) (Any version above this will break erections & morphs. Do not update or use LooksMenu ver 1.6.19 and 1.6.20)
  4. BodyTalk v3.15 OR Atomic Muscle v1.5.2 (REQUIRED)
  5. CBBE v2.6.3 OR Fusion Girl (REQUIRED)
  6. ZaZ-Extended-Skeleton (ZeX) 4.0 (REQUIRED) - (MAKE SURE THAT NOTHING IS OVERWRITING THIS)
  7. Buffout 4 (REQUIRED) (And all its requirements: TBB (From Buffout's own downloads), xSE Preloader and Address Library)
  8. Advanced Animation Framework v161.1b (REQUIRED)
  9. Vanilla/Kinky/Creature Theme v201014.0 (REQUIRED)
  10. Torture Devices v1.9 (REQUIRED) (For Savage Cabbage's animation pack)
  11. Vioxsis Strap-ons v5.0.0 (REQUIRED) (For Lesbian Animations)
  12. Bad End v1.05
  13. 50 Shades v1.05
  14. Farelle Animations v0.1.2 (Will only work for Straight/Creature Animations & Male+Male. No Lesbian)
  15. Leito Animations v2.0alpha (Make sure to NOT get the version 1.4c and also do NOT install any of the patches listed as required on the download page).
  16. Vadermania Animations v1.1
  17. Four-Play Animations by Crazy v1.3 (Will do nothing without UAP and it'll only be M+M animations)
  18. Four-Play Animations by Crazy Gun Version 3-11-17 (Unlike the one above, this one might have straight animations.)
  19. Creature Pack v3.0
  20. Creature Pack 2 v0.1beta (ONLY if you have DLC's)
  21. Atomic Lust v2.6.1beta (Might also want to get Rufgt's old animations in the optional files section.)
  22. Mutated Lust v1.3
  23. SavageCabbages Animations v1.2.5
  24. BP70 Animations v2.5
  25. Brave's Animations v1.1
  26. (UAP) Ulfberth's AAF Patch (REQUIRED) (Also requires Buffout 4.)
  27. Staged Leito Plus 1.0.6 (OPTIONAL) (VERY FUCKING IMPORTANT: REQUIRED if Hardship is installed. If you plan on using this patch, make sure to disable/uncheck Leito Animation Pack from UAP's installation. This patch can also be used to add in some F+F combinations for animations.)

At least #8 to #27 should be at the VERY BOTTOM OF YOUR MOD ORDER IN MO2, JUST ABOVE OVERWRITE.

Minimum requirements for working AAF:

AAF + Vanilla/Kinky/Creature Theme + 1 Animation Mod

Installation Process:

1. Install Requirements like F4SE, Bodyslide, Male/Female Bodies, ZaZ Extended Skeleton, LooksMenu, Torture Devices and Strapons for F+F animations
  2. Install AAF and Vanilla/Kinky/Creature Theme.
  3. Install desired Animation Packs
  4. Install Ulfberth's AAF Patch and load/rule after everything
  5. Install Staged Leito Plus Erection Fix if Leito's Animation Pack is installed and load/rule after everything above (Hardship Mod included from what i've been able to tell)

************************************************************************************************************************************************

SKIP/SCRAP THESE MODS/PATCHES (Incompatibilities)

Patches

• Indarello's Patch for animations (Squirt/Cum Effects, cum/tattoo overlays, stages, fixes)
  • One Patch to Rule/Bang Them All
  • AJ's XMLs
  • Polistiro's AAF patches for Crazy and Leito Animations
  • FO4 Animations by Leito - Voice Fix 1.1
  • AAF Overlay Patches (CumNWealth_Base and CumNWealth_insert animation pack name here.)

Mods

• ANYTHING Four-Play, except Leito and Crazy animation packs themselves.
  • Any other Theme that isn't the one listed in this guide. D'uh.
  • Slave and Model Poses
  • Dog Love (No.)
  • Dongs of Fallout (Absolutely no.)
  • Gendered Specific Skeleton (IF you can set it up working properly, go ahead.)
  • aSexMod (Can't believe i have to add this but people still download it...)
  • ZaZOut (Ships with outdated F4SE scripts and will break anything running on them.)
  • CBBE KneeFix (Conflicts with ZaZ Extended Skeleton.)
  • Race Customizer (Nope.)
  • Unique NPC's/Followers series of mods (AAF is now compatible with Unique Player.)
  • RSEII_Brothels (It will eventually break your save. This mod is broken beyond repair, Flashy's own words.)
  • Better Locational Damage (Apparently it messes with skeletons somehow but placing it very low in plugin order fixes the issue it causes.)
  • Bad Dragon Radio (Ships with outdated F4SE scripts and will break anything running on them.)
  • Sleep Intimate

Other LoversLab mod downloads

Gameplay/Utility

EgoBallistic's Mods

Invictusblade's Mods

twistedtrebla's Mods

Tentacus's Mods

Flashy's Mods

• RSEII Framework & Mods (Skip Brothels entirely as it WILL break your game and cause CTD on Save. Only use Shenanigans if you save regularly as it CAN and WILL pull actors for scenes from conversations you're having and break something.)

Anghelos92's Mods

• Magno Cum Gaudio (M.C.G.) (This mod conflicts with a lot of other typical AAF related mods. Be sure to deactivate some of its systems that do what others mods do. MCG Respawn System OR AAF Violate - RSEII_CSA - Combat Strip Lite. MCG NPC Initiative System OR Sex Harassment. MCG Wear & Tear System OR Sex Attributes and Sex Attributes HUD.)

Jahem_Kinkaid's Mods

Megururu's Mods

Ignotum_Virum's Mods

Roggvir's Mods

luisthird's Mods

Akor's Mods

Quests

pepertje's Mods

Stobor's Mods

Items

Kharos's Mods

Kimy's Mods

Akor's Mods

Nebuchadnezzer2's Mods

EgoBallistic's Mods

Konata Inoue's Mods

darkconsole's Mods

LordEscobar's Mods

JBpy's Mods

AlexW95's Mods

• Stripper Pole (Works with Savage Cabbage's pole animations and can even assign NPC's to it.)

Overlays

Nebuchadnezzer2's Mods

JBpy's Mods

InvictusBlade's Mods

JBpy's Mods

Outfits

Lionel Rossi's Mods

Companions

Reginald_001's Mods

Others

Gray User's Mods

Rennex's Mods

More mods to be added.

Some self troubleshooting for you to try

Problems with using the "Home" key in AAF

• The game needs to be run at least once through steam (not your mod manager) so that proper files are created.
  • AAF was never properly installed in the first place: When starting the game for the first time there will be a dialogue (pop up message) after all the mods have run showing that AAF has properly started. For the "stuck at 30%" see below.
  • Home is hidden behind a function key, usually labeled as [FN]
  • Another mod has registered the use of this key (A mod conflict).
  • Non-standard / broken keyboard.
  • UI mods interfering with AAF.

"NO_F4$E"

• F4SE installed incorrectly or modding not enabled in Fallout4Custom.ini

AAF Force Start command

• Open console (usually the `/~ key found on the upper left of the keyboard).
  • Type in: stopquest aaf_mainquest
  • Exit console. Wait 5 seconds. Open console again.
  • Type: startquest aaf_mainquest
  • Exit console

• Can be used after fixing "No F4$E" error to force restart AAF

Missing rufgt's Animations.esp

• Probably have AAF SEU XML Addon which has Animation XMLs in it asking for that .esp

Naked NPC Spawning when pressing HOME

• Uninstall Dongs of Fallout, it's incompatible with AAF. Replace with BodyTalk.

Skeleton Problems

• ZaZOut or CBBE Knee Fix installed along with ZeX

[061] No available Actors found within the scan range

• Missing patch(es) for custom race, incorrectly installed AAF and its mods and/or no animations installed at all

Removing transition due to error

• Mod Order (MO2's left panel) / Vortex Rules issue

AAF ERROR | Animation ID XXX not found

• Missing animations
  • Animation Id not found often is also a file load order issue, often when there are patches for animations and one of them is different version than the other

AAF ERROR | AnimationGroup ID XXX not found

• Probably lack of/wrong One Patch and/or fucked XMLs

Actor Scaling

• Scaling can be enabled in AAF\AAF_settings.ini and in Atomic Lust installer.

Installing F4SE Manually

F4SE Install.jpg

If you made it this far, slowly making your way down the guide.. congratulations.

You should now have a fully working AAF adult setup.

https://static.loverslab.com/uploads/monthly_2020_08/1460428795_00header.jpg.17f4dc8ee088babb936ca9030432fdc4.jpg

Credits

To all the modder's whose mods are linked to in this guide

@dagobaking AAF itself.
@EgoBallistic Mods.
@Halstrom
Themes

@Ulfbearth UAP Patch and Atomic Muscle Body
@Gray User Animations.
@Leito86 Animations and resources.
@Crazy6987 Animations.
@SavageCabbage Animations.
@Rufgt
Animations.

@Farelle Animations.

@Vader666 Mods.

@bp70 Animations.

@Kimy Mods.

@twistedtrebla Mods.

@anghelos92 Mods.

@Invictusblade Mods.

@Nebuchadnezzer2 Mods.

@Jahem_kinkaid Mods.

@megururu Mods.

@ignotum_virum Mods.

@Kharos Mods.

@Roggvir Mods.

@Akor Mods.

@Konata Inoue Mods.

@darkconsole Mods.

@JBpy Mods.

@Tentacus Mods.

Flashy Joer - Mods.

To those in AAF Discord that helped with my cheat sheet, which later became this guide and provide support when issues came up

@Nebuchadnezzer2 AAF Discord Support

@Lilimorphine AAF Discord Support

Gishy Fishy AAF Discord Support

@SilverPerv Previous needed patches and AAF Discord Support

@RitualClarity Guide suggestions and AAF Discord Support.

I have only one desire: is there any way to stop the auto stages animations? I mean, I remember that, in the first time when I played with AAF, I was able to select which stage I wanted for each animation, but now they simply go auto as one and I can't stop in a certain stage. I mean, by the click of a key I was able to make Standing Doggy 1 repeat the same movement for minutes without the actors changing positions. Do you have any idea of how I can do it again?