[AAF] "The Fucking Manual" ~ Adult oriented setup guide 7th/April/2024).

5 hours ago, Indarello said:

Search mod "Bodyslide" on nexus

i got it, it's not the player character tho... all human NPCs have this problem, i never used it and have no idea how to... i got it only because it's needed for other mods

EDIT: figured out... thanks for the help :P

Hi.  First, thank you for all the work you (and others) put into this.  Much appreciated. 

I'm a total newbie at this, and am reluctant to post a broad "it doesn't work" question, but here goes.  I've been hammering at this for several days and have made no progress.  Basically, AAF seems to be "working" but there are no options for any actions or activities other than what is normally in-game.  I believe I  have followed your instructions (and instructions from others) to a 'T'....and several times at that.   There seems to be some disconnect between the game and the mods that I can't figure out.  

I don't know what to post, but I've attached three in-game files with AAF up that might give some clue, plus a copy of my mod directory.Directory.thumb.png.a6f64a8a469ccc098163478e373d6e88.png10615735_Screenshot3.thumb.png.abb77095d3d5ebc3b32483ac3fd6c71f.png1574378883_Screenshot2.thumb.png.b88490047ef68519f3b9fd392a810256.png1574378883_Screenshot2.thumb.png.b88490047ef68519f3b9fd392a810256.png

I'm using Vortex, made the mods to the Fallout4custom.ini file, followed the load order enabling the onebang patch only after all other mods have been enabled (Vortex shows no load conflicts), etc.,  I've tried the Mod Configuration Menu a few times too, but nothing shows up after it loads in game.  I manually deploy mods at the end of every re-configuration to make sure the changes stick.  

Perhaps the problem is that I have my game files on a drive other than my 'C' drive?  I just don't know....grasping at straws.  As you can see, I'm getting a bunch of DLC errors but I don't think that is an issue...I don't know.

Any advice or assistance would be appreciated.  Even it is nothing more than to point me to where I should be looking.  To be honest, I don't even know what the in-game interface is supposed to look like so maybe I'm simply not handing that end of it properly.

Thanks in advance.

Screenshot 1.png

hi, i just seem to have a huge problem, probably regarding install or load order, i started to use mod organizer to install fallout 4 mods, however i started to have issues such as right after succesfully loading a save file, when menus start running, the game freezes and goes straight to a ctd, the same happens when i move my character with the Xbox one controller and when scrolling down menu on the pause mod, i tried disabling my mods and also uninstalling some of them and returning to the load order that wasn't giving me conflicts but no luck, mod manager says i have 290 active plugins, although just barely 160 mods are esm and esp files and the rest true, flagged and converted esl files, i tried to follow thuggyfied guide and tried to join their discord but they don't have a troubleshooting forum like other guides, anyway here i leave my mod list, plugin list and load order in case someone figures out what the problem might be, thanks in advance

loadorder.txt modlist.txt plugins.txt

Out of curiosity why is VIS/VIS-G incompatible? I know why on VIS-G as its resource hungry with flash memory in the engine. But curious why the normal VIS is on the list? Also would I be able to use FSM Body Textures with Fusion Girl?

AAF just stops loading at 30%. Why do I even bother lol.

So Skyrim works perfectly with over 300 mods while Fallout can't works properly with 5, how is that possible?

I already checked the AAF faq, installed only the necessary mods, same result.

4 hours ago, Simcaa said:

So Skyrim works perfectly with over 300 mods while Fallout can't works properly with 5, how is that possible?

I find Fallout 4 way more temperamental then even the 32-bit Skyrim modded.

5 hours ago, Simcaa said:

You more then likely have a load order issue. But what is your Five mod load order?

20 hours ago, Hippeus said:

Out of curiosity why is VIS/VIS-G incompatible? I know why on VIS-G as its resource hungry with flash memory in the engine. But curious why the normal VIS is on the list? Also would I be able to use FSM Body Textures with Fusion Girl?

Vis G is known to cause CDT when entering PipBoy menu.

Fallout 4 also has a nasty Bug that destroys Saved games as well.

1 hour ago, Simcaa said:

Are you supposed to have a load order with Vortex?

Not a clue never used it. do you not use rule's to say which mod needs to load first,  eg AAF is loaded before AAF theme and AAF theme's is loaded in before The one patch?

Not to sound rude...but
To be honest, this AAF mod scene is quite fucked, patches after patches, and patches for outdated patches, then patches to fix patches for older patches, can’t use new animation because patches are outdated for months. Still no MCM menu for AAF, unable to change which slot to strip while in-game, no in-game setting configuration. I miss the SexLab configurations, simple, working, config right in the game. no ini file and XLM editing whatsoever.

This is actually insanity.

11 hours ago, NoJoker said:

Not to sound rude...but
To be honest, this AAF mod scene is quite fucked, patches after patches, and patches for outdated patches, then patches to fix patches for older patches, can’t use new animation because patches are outdated for months. Still no MCM menu for AAF, unable to change which slot to strip while in-game, no in-game setting configuration. I miss the SexLab configurations, simple, working, config right in the game. no ini file and XLM editing whatsoever.

This is actually insanity.

Honestly it all depends on what you install to what patch's you need. AAF Dose not need any patch's to run animation's or poses. However some animation's do if you want consistency as they were setup differently. which is why we had The One Patch and granted it is past it's sell by date now but do keep in mind Modder's do not get paid for the countless hours spent creating them and you don't pay any money to use them( excluding patreon's ) but nothing you could feed yourself family with. As I stated before It depends on what you install as you do not need the One Patch if you just use  UAP ( Ulfberth's AAF patch ).   If you can't find what you need put a request in for it or learn how to do it by asking I'm sure your will get help here on loverslab from mod author's and other's  rather then moaning about it. Not to sound rude about it of course.

so i realized that in Vortex, if you set the rules from each mod towards the One Patch that you dont have to re add the rules if you reinstall the One Patch
instead of doing "One Patch 1.1.1 BEFORE Savage Cabbage 1.2" you can make the rule Savage Cabbage after One Patch. you then wont have to
add rules again if you reinstall the patch. 

reinstalled twice to check and i didnt have to add rules again

On 2/26/2020 at 9:49 PM, SayKoRn said:

One Patch to Bang needs to be installed AFTER animations have been installed and NOT in the order of the links list. Only LOADED in the order of the list if using MO2.

One Patch to Bang needs to be RE-INSTALLED AFTER you add/remove an animation mod (when updating or removing animations for example).

Hi there,

Just dropping by to say that this part might need some verification.

As is, The One Patch has not been updated for almost a year. Installing it AFTER most of the still-being-updated animations like SavageCabbage, Gray User's Creature Pack and BP70 would actually create 009 and 010 errors in AAF. Installing The One Patch before those mods is fine.

At least, those were my cases.

9 hours ago, Vel W said:

Hi there,

As is, The One Patch has not been updated for almost a year. Installing it AFTER most of the still-being-updated animations like SavageCabbage, Gray User's Creature Pack and BP70 would actually create 009 and 010 errors in AAF. Installing The One Patch before those mods is fine.

It doesn't work that way. One Patch to Bang needs to be installed after so it registers what animation mods you have installed. That's just how it works, even if it's outdated.

I'm quite aware of the animations being updated as i keep this guide updated constantly and use them all myself

I and most, if not all, people who follow this guide correctly have 0 issues whatsoever and 0 errors in AAF aside from Error Code [085] which is aimed at animators and modders.

Don't take this the wrong way but you're doing something wrong. Drop by AAF and we can sort it out.

9 hours ago, Vel W said:

Hi there,

The only mod manager that it should do that with, is NMM.

For both Vortex and MO2, you can quite readily sort mods such that more recently-updated mods will load after the One Patch.
Saya's had early screenshots from ~Indar 4.3 and prior, with the early CheatSheet/Guide, with no errors from this, as do I, though I think I've since deleted that as unneeded a while ago.

There's at least 5 of us on the Discord, just including those of us who usually handle 'tech support', who can each verify this, with our installs.

Well, here I am again. I decided to remove some mods, add others, update to SavageCabbage 1.2 and everything got fucked.

I've cleaned it up and AAF gives me zero errors or even warnings. So everything is clean.

However...feral ghouls are flaccid for all animations. Didn't use to be but then I used Leito's rigs. But those are NOT in this guide so I am not using them this time. Just everything in the lists of the guide. There may be others, I haven't tested yet with Super Mutants so they may not work either.

Any clues? If Leito's rigs are necessary, they should be in this guide.

Edit: Super Mutants are fine. I've tested the rest and the only thing that is not functional are feral ghouls. They remain flaccid.

Edit2: Problem solved. I can't remember what thread it is in but someone created a patch for BP70's animations which solved my problem with ferals always being flaccid. Use the search and look for bp70 preliminary fix ...if you have the same issue I did. This will occur even if your AAF is clean without warnings or errors.

Maybe it should be included in this guide. I can't imagine anyone following the guide to the T would not have this issue.

4 hours ago, SayKoRn said:

have 0 issues whatsoever and 0 errors in AAF aside from Error Code [085] which is aimed at animators and modders.

Strange. That's also what it's like on my end, though I deviate a little bit from the guide (as you saw). Well, in this case, I submit to your judgement. Things are likely fine.

3 hours ago, Nebuchadnezzer2 said:

The only mod manager that it should do that with, is NMM.

For both Vortex and MO2, you can quite readily sort mods such that more recently-updated mods will load after the One Patch.
Saya's had early screenshots from ~Indar 4.3 and prior, with the early CheatSheet/Guide, with no errors from this, as do I, though I think I've since deleted that as unneeded a while ago.

There's at least 5 of us on the Discord, just including those of us who usually handle 'tech support', who can each verify this, with our installs.

You've guessed my preferred mod installer correctly.

Seeing that you've presented quite a few evidence to back up your reasoning~~please ignore what I said above. I assumed some functional and structural similarities between NMM and its successor Vortex. I stand corrected.

2 hours ago, Malphias said:

Well, here I am again. I decided to remove some mods, add others, update to SavageCabbage 1.2 and everything got fucked.

I've cleaned it up and AAF gives me zero errors or even warnings. So everything is clean.

However...feral ghouls are flaccid for all animations. Didn't use to be but then I used Leito's rigs. But those are NOT in this guide so I am not using them this time. Just everything in the lists of the guide. There may be others, I haven't tested yet with Super Mutants so they may not work either.

Any clues? If Leito's rigs are necessary, they should be in this guide.

Edit: Super Mutants are fine. I've tested the rest and the only thing that is not functional are feral ghouls. They remain flaccid.

Edit2: Problem solved. I can't remember what thread it is in but someone created a patch for BP70's animations which solved my problem with ferals always being flaccid. Use the search and look for bp70 preliminary fix ...if you have the same issue I did. This will occur even if your AAF is clean without warnings or errors.

Maybe it should be included in this guide. I can't imagine anyone following the guide to the T would not have this issue.

Most people that follow the guide to the T have no issues. Leito rigs should NOT be used, they're not in the guide for a reason.

Those are a modders resource and not a mod for end-users.

I really don't provide support through the forums, like i've said at the very start of the guide. If you need troubleshooting drop by the AAF Discord.

On 5/18/2020 at 6:06 PM, Vulgein said:

seems weird that installing vadermania would clog my aaf for some reason installing without it works fine is there any compatibility issues?

Nvm seems my aaf reverted to not doing anything again

I'm using Vadermania myself. I use every animation pack with the exception of Crazy and Farelle (Farelle because i find the animations to be too stiff).

Please redirect any and all issues to AAF Discord, as troubleshooting here is a nightmare.