[AAF] "The Fucking Manual" ~ Adult oriented setup guide 21st/January/2024).

On 4/4/2021 at 11:31 PM, Apex_2K said:

The game suddenly crashed while playing a new game (5-10 min to be exact). I checked the crash log and it gave me this error : Unhandled exception "EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION" at 0x7FF897DA7C10 flexRelease_x64.dll+0027C10. I have attached my load order, mod order and also the crash log.

modlist.txt 6.31 kB · 1 download

loadorder.txt 4.27 kB · 2 downloads

crash-2021-04-04-21-29-47.log 58.06 kB · 2 downloads

im not an expert but its probly these 3 that breaks your game:

-UniquePlayer - Main File
-Gender Specific Skeletons
+Skeletal Adjustments for CBBE - Knee Fix

I've been having a problem with SavageCabbage animations. If I use load it with uap it causes aaf to crash. however once disabled everything begins working like it should.

Edit: NVM i realized i was downloading a new version of brave and not the 1.1 version. As soon as i did that and reinstalled both savagecabbage and atomic lust everything seems to be fine.

On 4/4/2021 at 4:31 PM, Apex_2K said:

The game suddenly crashed while playing a new game (5-10 min to be exact). I checked the crash log and it gave me this error : Unhandled exception "EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION" at 0x7FF897DA7C10 flexRelease_x64.dll+0027C10. I have attached my load order, mod order and also the crash log.

It is likely caused by having WeaponDebris enabled in the games launcher. The feature is known to be very crashy for this game.

16 minutes ago, therustydog99 said:

Is there a problem with looks menu? when its installed on any version I crash as soon as I boot up the game

Use the version that the guide has said to. Read all the instructions for all of the mods in their descriptions.

This gets overlooked alot by people that dont read everything. Its on xSE Plugin Preloaders page.

"Go to the xSE PluginPreloader.xml file and change the load method to OnThreadAttach or ImportAddressHook if the default doesn't work."

Helloo, so I'm sorry if that has been explained already since I feel like I'm the only one with this issue, but where and how am I supposed to install the ''themes'' animations? To be more precise, I've download the AAF_VanillaKinkyCreaturesAnimations_Themes, what am I supposed to with these files? It doesn't seem like I can even add them manually with the nexus mod manager.. I really can't find anyone explaining this part, sorry if that's the case 

3 hours ago, Siphase said:

Helloo, so I'm sorry if that has been explained already since I feel like I'm the only one with this issue, but where and how am I supposed to install the ''themes'' animations? To be more precise, I've download the AAF_VanillaKinkyCreaturesAnimations_Themes, what am I supposed to with these files? It doesn't seem like I can even add them manually with the nexus mod manager.. I really can't find anyone explaining this part, sorry if that's the case 

That animation pack contains .xml files and a fomod file. NMM might not work with those types of files. Its been a very long time since I have used NMM.  I do not know how old your NMM is either. It could be extremely ancient. Fomods make it so you can go through a guided install process and choose which options in the mod that you want. You might be able to right click on it in NMM and choose install through Fomod. If that fails, then maybe its time to move onto something like Mod Organizer 2 or Wrye Bash or Vortex.

The main thing to get right was figuring out how to install Buffout correctly, it wouldn't work without it and no instructions anywhere. I somehow managed to change the load order on accident, still fine even after using loot in desperation trying to correct it. Followed the instructions here to a T and it works great, buffout was the key for me.

11 hours ago, Sladen2019 said:

That animation pack contains .xml files and a fomod file. NMM might not work with those types of files. Its been a very long time since I have used NMM.  I do not know how old your NMM is either. It could be extremely ancient. Fomods make it so you can go through a guided install process and choose which options in the mod that you want. You might be able to right click on it in NMM and choose install through Fomod. If that fails, then maybe its time to move onto something like Mod Organizer 2 or Wrye Bash or Vortex.

Thank you for your answer, I've just spent a good amount of time doing everything from the start with MO2, everything was quite more easy to set up but I've a last question if that doesn't bother you, there's that ''home'' key to press for the menu to show up as I've understood, apparently it's the ''fn'' one I tried but nothing's showing up, I play with a laptop and not with a separate keyboard, do you have any idea at what am I supposed to do? Can I actually change that ''home'' key, to like, idk the ''h'' one?

1 hour ago, Siphase said:

Thank you for your answer, I've just spent a good amount of time doing everything from the start with MO2, everything was quite more easy to set up but I've a last question if that doesn't bother you, there's that ''home'' key to press for the menu to show up as I've understood, apparently it's the ''fn'' one I tried but nothing's showing up, I play with a laptop and not with a separate keyboard, do you have any idea at what am I supposed to do? Can I actually change that ''home'' key, to like, idk the ''h'' one?

If this is your first time running AAF, it might be because AAF isnt fully loaded. You may need to configure the xSE preloader xml file like I told the other person.

Your keys can be changed to whatever in AAF_Settings.ini in Fallout 4/Data/AAF. Notepad++ is free and you can right click and open with Notepad++ and it will show everything very neatly. This link will show you which numbers to change the keys to for the keys you want. Beware that some other mod might have use for whichever key you want to change. The mod called "Just Business" uses the H key if I remember right.

https://www.creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=DirectX_Scan_Codes

https://notepad-plus-plus.org/

On 4/6/2021 at 11:35 PM, Sladen2019 said:

It is likely caused by having WeaponDebris enabled in the games launcher. The feature is known to be very crashy for this game.

Yeah another user had the same issue like me. I tried playing the game mod-free and it kept crashing at the same exact point (while running to the vault).

On 4/3/2021 at 8:32 PM, Indarello said:

You need fusion girl instead of cbbe to fix knee

Hi,

does that mean i need to let go of my CBBE? Or just installed along?

I haven't check fusion girl so far. I will take a look.

Thank you

2 hours ago, Indarello said:

you can delete

I did. Was just a little confusing since somewhere on nexus it said you need Caliente. Anyway, that works.

What does not work, and i am still testing, is that my bodyslide i created does not show ingame for some reason.

Maybe its the bodyslide preset i use which is the Jane Bod -CBBE.

11 hours ago, Sladen2019 said:

If this is your first time running AAF, it might be because AAF isnt fully loaded. You may need to configure the xSE preloader xml file like I told the other person.

Your keys can be changed to whatever in AAF_Settings.ini in Fallout 4/Data/AAF. Notepad++ is free and you can right click and open with Notepad++ and it will show everything very neatly. This link will show you which numbers to change the keys to for the keys you want. Beware that some other mod might have use for whichever key you want to change. The mod called "Just Business" uses the H key if I remember right.

https://www.creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=DirectX_Scan_Codes

https://notepad-plus-plus.org/

Tysm! I figured that the xSE preloader thingy was the issue all along, even tho if I change the load method it's still isn't working so I'm just going to discuss that with the creator on his topic from nexus, thank you again! 

On 4/7/2021 at 2:35 AM, Sladen2019 said:

On 4/8/2021 at 4:33 PM, Apex_2K said:

Yeah another user had the same issue like me. I tried playing the game mod-free and it kept crashing at the same exact point (while running to the vault).

I was having this same problem. I stripped down my mod list until all that was left was the ZaZ skeleton (which was weird), disabling that seemed to fix the problem but that made no sense so I came here, disabling weapon debris stopped the crashes, so if you were also still using the ZaZ skeleton that might be your reason also (and if it is, the skeleton received an update just 2 days ago so remember to redownload) Oh, and thanks Sladen for helping me figure this out in the end.

• Saya Scarlett changed the title to [AAF] Up-To-Date Adult oriented setup guide (10/Apr/2021)
16 hours ago, DamianGrimm said:

I was having this same problem. I stripped down my mod list until all that was left was the ZaZ skeleton (which was weird), disabling that seemed to fix the problem but that made no sense so I came here, disabling weapon debris stopped the crashes, so if you were also still using the ZaZ skeleton that might be your reason also (and if it is, the skeleton received an update just 2 days ago so remember to redownload) Oh, and thanks Sladen for helping me figure this out in the end.

Disabling Weapon debris seems to fix the problem. Also there's a mod in Nexus which is aimed at this issue. After installing it, i didn't faced any problem's whatsoever.

Thanks for the guide. I was struggling setting up AAF I followed the guide and It works :)   I do have a few glitchy things going on.

Strap ons don't show up in scenes. 

Plugs of the commonwealth tells me I need master file. BNPA_NAVI ARMOP.esp and file dcc-bp-lol.esp

And How hell do you figure out the code to take off a robco shock collar. I killed the gunner that put it on but he didn't drop a code.

Thank you 

CWSS Redux v4 has a patch for Get Dirty v1.3 that adds all its stuff to the Get Dirty v1.3 Form list so that dirty users can bathe. The author also has another mod that makes most toilets, sinks bathtubs and urinals across the commonwealth work with CWSS Redux v4.  Yes that rusted bathtub is now useable.. but do you want to use it? I verified it works with Get Dirty v1.3 with patch and correct messages appear after bathing. The author also notes that the latest version is fully integrated into advanced needs 2 now.

2043698793_rustybathtub.thumb.png.d4312f0401fc34659d1b1cdf7248d9f6.png

• Saya Scarlett changed the title to [AAF] Up-To-Date Adult oriented setup guide (11/Apr/2021)
On 4/11/2021 at 3:54 AM, vslniel said:

The author also has another mod that makes most toilets, sinks bathtubs and urinals across the commonwealth work with CWSS Redux v4.  Yes that rusted bathtub is now useable.. but do you want to use it? I verified it works with Get Dirty v1.3 with patch and correct messages appear after bathing.

I really appreciated that mod, and it works great, unfortunately it relies on replacing items throughout the world, so tends to conflict with just about any mod altering the same precombined meshes anywhere. I can still highly recommend it, I'm just not able to use it on my current playthrough. For a less heavily-modded worldspace it would likely be fine though.

Oh, also CWSS is supposedly incompatible with Dirty Sex, which I particularly enjoy. Not sure if the warning on that mod's file page is still current, anybody happen to know?

• Saya Scarlett changed the title to [AAF] Up-To-Date Adult oriented setup guide (12/Apr/2021)
On 4/9/2021 at 1:03 AM, wutpickel said:

I did. Was just a little confusing since somewhere on nexus it said you need Caliente. Anyway, that works.

What does not work, and i am still testing, is that my bodyslide i created does not show ingame for some reason.

Maybe its the bodyslide preset i use which is the Jane Bod -CBBE.

i recall there is a mod fix knee for CBBE, but i can't tell you if it work with AAF or not as i haven't try any CBBE patch since Fusion girl came out.

4 hours ago, loen999 said:

i recall there is a mod fix knee for CBBE, but i can't tell you if it work with AAF or not as i haven't try any CBBE patch since Fusion girl came out.

Kind of have to say, that the KneeFix did not work. At least for me.

The AFF guide states not to use it.

So you end up with strange knees in all animations where the actor is kneeling.

FusionGirl works fine and looks better. Though you have limited choices for clothing.

This is just merely a user perspective.