[AAF] "The Fucking Manual" ~ Adult oriented setup guide 7th/April/2024).

Not having a lot of luck getting off the ground. :(

My install order  (Left side of Mod Org 2) : 

(Sorry for links, I can't figure out how to get insert image from URL to work with google drive)

Load Order 1

Load Order 2

Load Order 3

Mod Order (Right side of Mod Org 2) : 

Mod Order 1

Mod Order 2

Mod Order 3

Symptoms : 

Originally, after doing the load order and mod order, I could load the game, start a new game, get to the character creation, but if I tried to alter the body it would lock up (hard lock up, had to reboot system).  I realized I was probably having an issue because I hadn't yet created a body with bodyslider for the customizations to use.  So I went and created one, and now when starting a new game, it just hangs on the loading black screen with the 'wait icon' cycling.  At least it's not a hard lock up.  But I'm confused, this is all very new and hard, as others have stated.  

I'm willing to answer any questions if people can help.  

K

Guys, I just can't seem to get AAF to work. I followed the instructions step by step and installed all the required mods using MO2. Yet when an animation is supposed to happen I get nothing. I can open the AAF menu with [home], and I can see that there are a few errors about certain animations not being found, but I installed everything. AAF keeps telling me that there are no valid actors in range even though I'm surrounded by NPCs (friendly/raiders).

How do I test to see what's going wrong? Can I manually trigger animations with console commands? I'm not exactly a noob but I'm completely stumped with AAF.

@Kaelorn I had a similar problem and I fixed it by disabling CBP physics until after the character creation menu. If that doesn't work then make sure you've installed the latest version of the ZeX skeleton.

7 hours ago, AWHA said:

Guys, I am at my wit's end trying to get AAF to work. I followed the instructions step by step and installed all the required mods using MO2. Yet when an animation is supposed to happen I get nothing. I can open the AAF menu with [home], and I can see that there are a few errors about certain animations not being found, but I installed everything. AAF keeps telling me that there are no valid actors in range even though I'm surrounded by NPCs (friendly/raiders).

How do I test to see what's going wrong? Can I manually trigger animations with console commands? I'm not exactly a noob but I'm completely stumped with AAF.

@Kaelorn I had a similar problem and I fixed it by disabling CBP physics until after the character creation menu. If that doesn't work then make sure you've installed the latest version of the ZeX skeleton.

if aff wizard does nothing remove the patch for animation if u have it installed

Thanks for the feedback.  To make sure I understand correctly, basically, include CBP physics in the build (left hand side of MO2), but uncheck it in the actual mod list (right hand side) until after character creation.  Then, save game, go back, check it again to load it and then start from save?  Do I need to disable anything dependent on it as well?  Like the OCBP for Zex as well?

K

3 hours ago, Noque said:

if aff wizard does nothing remove the patch for animation if u have it installed

tried disabling "patch for animations" and nothing changes. My MO2 setup is nearly identical to yours, I start new game, press [home] to open AAF menu, and no animation ever happens.

This is so ridiculous, I followed ALL the instructions and double checked everything. As far as I can tell AAF does absolutely nothing.

28 minutes ago, Kaelorn said:

Thanks for the feedback.  To make sure I understand correctly, basically, include CBP physics in the build (left hand side of MO2), but uncheck it in the actual mod list (right hand side) until after character creation.  Then, save game, go back, check it again to load it and then start from save?  Do I need to disable anything dependent on it as well?  Like the OCBP for Zex as well?

K

Disable CBP/OCBP and any dependent mods on the left side of MO2, and enable them again after you have created your character.

11 hours ago, AWHA said:

tried disabling "patch for animations" and nothing changes. My MO2 setup is nearly identical to yours, I start new game, press [home] to open AAF menu, and no animation ever happens.

This is so ridiculous, I followed ALL the instructions and double checked everything. As far as I can tell AAF does absolutely nothing.

wel on mine i used lazman savegame . or u can disable all mod and start game no f4se till u before u exit vault 111 save there and rename the save for later use with enable mod . if u goes fusion and body talk use ocpb and mtm ocpb present if u like more bounce tho it doesnt apply on animation.. if u cbbe well i would recomend modder resource so u just stick without instaling zex skeleton and use cpb only. dont install advance need 2 unless u like survival style. remember to setting all the mcm after exit vault.. make sure setting npc ignore player detection if use sheinanegan tho that dont realy apply on hostile npc  haha

9 hours ago, AWHA said:

Send errors from aaf admin mode, also you can use tool from aaf discord

On 4/22/2020 at 2:24 AM, Kaelorn said:

Not having a lot of luck getting off the ground. :(

My install order  (Left side of Mod Org 2) : 

(Sorry for links, I can't figure out how to get insert image from URL to work with google drive)

Load Order 1

Load Order 2

Load Order 3

Mod Order (Right side of Mod Org 2) : 

Mod Order 1

Mod Order 2

Mod Order 3

Symptoms : 

Originally, after doing the load order and mod order, I could load the game, start a new game, get to the character creation, but if I tried to alter the body it would lock up (hard lock up, had to reboot system).  I realized I was probably having an issue because I hadn't yet created a body with bodyslider for the customizations to use.  So I went and created one, and now when starting a new game, it just hangs on the loading black screen with the 'wait icon' cycling.  At least it's not a hard lock up.  But I'm confused, this is all very new and hard, as others have stated.  

I'm willing to answer any questions if people can help.  

K

Ok so my Fallout 4 hangs everytime I launch my game with the F4SE launcher the way I do it is I click the screen then choose wait for the program to respond then I open my browser then close it and then click on the fallout icon in the tray and the game starts.

8 hours ago, Bastardiosa said:

Ok so my Fallout 4 hangs everytime I launch my game with the F4SE launcher the way I do it is I click the screen then choose wait for the program to respond then I open my browser then close it and then click on the fallout icon in the tray and the game starts.

Yeah, I was having a hard lock up, couldn't select anything, never got a pop up to wait for it to respond.  Just a black screen that was on top of every window.  Haven't had time to work on it again since my last post,  hope to get it done this week.

Ok, so, good news, I've gotten past the lockup issue. :) 

I basically cut back to just the stuff before AAF Vanilla/Kinky/Creatures.  So the last thing I load is that one.  I get notices that everything installed and is running up to that (the splash screens).  However, hitting Home doesn't bring up any AAF menu.  I'll keep looking around in the thread in case anyone else had this issue.  But wanted to confirm I did get it working past creation.  At least now I have a save game to load to test, rather than going through the start every time. :) 

K

EDIT : So, I've confirmed the following : 

F4SE is loading and working (it's in the settings menu lower right corner)

AAF is loading, turned on the debug option, full debug, with popups on errors and warnings.  I know it's loading, because I get the debug text, also get warnings about the Farrell animations only being 60 milliseconds and it is expanding them to 350 which is the minimum.  The only other warning I get is that the companion framework isn't installed (which is true) so it's disabling companion framework content.  

So, a bit confused over why it doesn't pop up.  Do I need to have other NPCs around for it to work?  I am just standing around with Codsworth, I'll try popping in some people next.  

K

EDIT Redux : Nope, spawned some NPCs and it still doesn't pop up.  I also removed the Farrell animations and the only error AAF is giving me now is about the unlimited companions framework.  So it should be working, but nothing happens.  *sigh*

Any one have any ideas?  Very frustrating.  

Installation/Mod order : 

KS Cuts Hair (hate the base hairdos, removed it, didn't seem to make a difference, put it back in)

Bodyslide & Outfit Studio

LooksMenu (Removed Looks Menu Customization Compendium in case it was an issue)

BodyTalk v2

CBP Physics (Can confirm that works, she bounces when jumping)

ZCBP/OCBP Configs for Zex Bodies

Fusion Girl

ZaZ Extended Skeletons

Torture Devices

AAF  (Reinstalled every time I remove something)

AAF V/K/C Themes

Bad End

50 Shades

Leito Animations

AAF One Patch (reinstalled every time I AAF is reinstalled)

Plugin Order : (First range is Priority, Second range is Mod Index)

0 - 6/0 - 6 : Core stuff (DLC & Core)

7 - 8/FE:000 & FE:001 : DLC ESLs

9 / 7 : KSHairdos.ESP

10 / 8 : LooksMenu.ESP

11 / FE:002 : BodyTalk V2.ESL

12 / 9 : TortureDevices.ESM

13 / A : AAF.ESM

14 / B : AAF_debug_on.ESP

15 / FE:003 : AAFThemes.ESL

16 / C : AAF Bad Ends.ESP

17 / D : AAF Gray Animations.ESP

18 / E : FO4 Animations by Leito.ESP

19 / F : Deathclaw Nude.ESP (1 Patch to Bang them all)

New question now : 

With the install as is, should NPCs and PCs have no genitals or nipples?  This seems to be the case, although I would have thought they'd default to having them.  Animations are working, so that seems ok.  

Also, can anyone point me to a good thread on Body Slide & Outfit Studio with MO2?  I tried following just setting up a single basic body mod using this video, but when I complete a simple replacement (Basically using the Zaz NSeven?  Can't remember which) body without any additional outfits (meaning only the core stuff should be in there), FO4 hangs when I start it, so obviously I'm doing something wrong. :)  

Also BIG TIME DITTO.  I've noted a lot of people struggling to get animations to work or have crazy things happening to the male actors penis also have a lot of other mods installed, or have deleted and re-installed mods trying to find what works and what doesn't.  

But with a clean install, taking the hour or so needed to do nothing BUT the mods listed in the guide, it works flawlessly.

Once I got it working and tested for a few hours while the vault tec rep just keeps ringing the doorbell, I exited, loaded up about 200 more mods (all my outfits, Def UI, sorting mods, textures, etc.) and ran with a new character.

Some 100+ hours of gameplay and the sex scenes still work perfect, while I am playing a new playthrough.

It's hard to pinpoint exact errors, but if you can tolerate a brand-new, fresh start, that's my biggest piece of advice.

The guide if flawless.  If something is off, it's not from the guide.

It just works

Only thing you might want to add, is one thing that tripped me up following it.  There's a couple of mods on the list that, on nexusmods, list 'prerequisites' that aren't actually needed for this build.  Going through it, I thought I had to install them (didn't), and that tripped me up a bit.  Not trying to complain or anything, like I said, it's only a tiny nitpick from a new person.  Most of the experienced folks probably realized that prereq isn't always required. 

I think it was the patch for animations at the end, it had a pre-req listed for a strapon mod, which listed servitron as a prereq.  

1 hour ago, Kaelorn said:

Only thing you might want to add, is one thing that tripped me up following it.  There's a couple of mods on the list that, on nexusmods, list 'prerequisites' that aren't actually needed for this build.  Going through it, I thought I had to install them (didn't), and that tripped me up a bit.  Not trying to complain or anything, like I said, it's only a tiny nitpick from a new person.  Most of the experienced folks probably realized that prereq isn't always required. 

I think it was the patch for animations at the end, it had a pre-req listed for a strapon mod, which listed servitron as a prereq.  

If you are not going to use F_F scenes it is not required, you can see "(optional)" for servitron

5 hours ago, seraph85 said:

Are you supposed to have atomic lust loading after the one patch to bang them all in MO2, like it says in the instructions? I just wanted to be sure.

Because there were new versions of atomic lust after last update of one patch

Resolved the BodySlider 2 issue.  I didn't realize the core assets were not affected by the body slider compilation, so I didn't realize the bodies were modified because all the NPCs and PC were wearing core assets.  Took the clothes off an NPC and the body altered to the BodySlider body instead of core body.