[AAF] "The Fucking Manual" ~ Adult oriented setup guide 21st/January/2024).

On 3/20/2020 at 6:50 AM, SayKoRn said:

I for one use a combination of CBBE+BodyTalk+ZeX+CBP (not OCBP) without a preset.

The only "downside" to this is that male genitals won't bounce but females will have bounce.

You could use either:

#1 CBBE+BodyTalk+ZeX+CBP/OCBP+MTM Preset (male genitals won't bounce)

#2 FG+BodyTalk+ZeX+CBP/OCBP+ZCBP Preset (male genitals will bounce)

I'd like to join in on this conversation.

I use #2. For SavageCabbage's animations, female parts (breasts, butts, etc) have bounces but breast bounce only occurs in some animations, whereas butt bounce occurs in almost all of them.

For example, in the "FM-DoubleBed" group (triggered with 1 female, 1 male on a 'Double Bed' furniture), only some in the first half (FM-DoubleBed01-05Doggy, 02-01Tease, 02-04Missionary, 02-07Powerbomb, 03-06Misssionary) have breast bounce whereas most newer ones added in version 1.1 have noticeable bounces. Breast bounces also always happen when switching between animations, or whenever a female actor changes locations

I don't have AFF errors and and animations play just fine, save for the lack of breast bonce in some animations. Is this what it looks like on your end as well? 

15 hours ago, Nebuchadnezzer2 said:

Likely from CBP/OCBP glitching, if I had to guess.

Have certainly had weirder shit happen when something breaks :D

Glitching usually implies something more severe, but I get what you're saying.

Natural-looking breast jiggles just add a lot to the sex mods' excitement (at least for me). ☺️ That's why I'm bothering these forums so much with the topic.

Again, this is another attempt of mine to throw stone into water:

Who should be responsible in making CBP / OCBP work in AAF?:

Animation creators? Body type creators? CBP / OCBP creators?

1 hour ago, Vel W said:

Who should be responsible in making CBP / OCBP work in AAF?:

Animation creators? Body type creators? CBP / OCBP creators?

Users...

Users use what is available... if there isn't anything available.. authors that are currently busy with other projects can't do what is desired... the USER picks up their mouse and opens pages and learns what is necessary and start working on the solution. That is how we got where we are and how we advance ...THE USER becomes the next author.

This site has tons of support and experienced individuals and many times something not done... = .... something someone doesn't have the interest or time to work on.

This IS the answer to your question. Might not be the one you want but it is the real answer. The "but I don't have any skill" or the " I don't know how" issue is not valid in this situation. Sometimes you can trade your skills or time doing something for one of the authors (Support, easy GECK work, renaming, reworking something etc... that they will give you the info and help you understand and learn...) for work being done on something that is beyond your work ability but well in theirs (provided they are interested and desire to do it ;) )

Oh my god! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I've been wanting to install AAF for maybe over a year, now, and I never succeeded. Lovers PK, Sexout, Sexlab, no problem, but I really struggled with this. But, thanks to your guide, I finally did it! Yay!! :D

After installing with suggested order and AAF failing, I lost a lot of time until I found out that:

a) Leito voice fix is outdated

So I left it out and my AAF worked again (maybe another mod load order might work with the outdated mod too?).

b) Bodytalk requires physics making it difficult to combine with CBBE

As I have a lot of CBBE based mods I made the decision to not try Fusion Girl yet, so I used CBP with CBBE. Maybe the guide should give a special mini section on working body combos? Like 1. Fusion Girl, OCBP, Bodytalk, 2. CBBE, BCP, Bodytalk, 3. etc.

c) The animated fannies mod doesn't seem to get triggered animations but don't error on AAF, so maybe it doesn't work with the One Patch to bang them all ?

Any recommondation to the best working vagina morph combos (Body, Physics, Patches that work together with the vagina morphs) ?

d) Reading the AAF error log I discovered that my Vortex obviously can't clean everything with deinstalling mods, as I got warnings of files from a deinstalled mod missing, although that didn't bring AAF to malfunction it shows me that I need some cleaning tool, tutorial or advice. The example was installing MyKillerBed, than removing and replacing with KilledBed through Vortex and AAF reporting that it misses MyKillerBed.esp after the replacement was in place.

On 4/7/2020 at 3:34 AM, Zereal said:

b) Bodytalk requires physics making it difficult to combine with CBBE

As I have a lot of CBBE based mods I made the decision to not try Fusion Girl yet, so I used CBP with CBBE. Maybe the guide should give a special mini section on working body combos? Like 1. Fusion Girl, OCBP, Bodytalk, 2. CBBE, BCP, Bodytalk, 3. etc.

It requires the ZeX Skeleton.

It does not require CBP, OCBP, or any other physics.

And yes, you can use it with CBBE just fine.

c) The animated fannies mod doesn't seem to get triggered animations but don't error on AAF, so maybe it doesn't work with the One Patch to bang them all ?

Any recommondation to the best working vagina morph combos (Body, Physics, Patches that work together with the vagina morphs) ?

If you've built everything in BodySlide with morphs, including AF, it should work fine.
FG has them by default.

2 hours ago, Nebuchadnezzer2 said:

It requires the ZeX Skeleton.

It does not require CBP, OCBP, or any other physics.

And yes, you can use it with CBBE just fine.

So Bodytalk requirements on Nexus can be read as optional and not hard requirements. But without the right physics there's really no fun.

I'll probably try to find the best working CBBE combo and test it against the FusionGirl animations to see if it's worth dropping all my CBBE extras that have no FusionGirl counterpart.

2 hours ago, Nebuchadnezzer2 said:

If you've built everything in BodySlide with morphs, including AF, it should work fine.
FG has them by default.

Maybe I installed AF at the end and forgot to rebuild everything in Bodyslide. I'll soon test that again.

Generally I think that Fusion Girl and CBBE need a lot of different installs. So is there any mod manager that allows to swap 2 or more complete different mod installations? I've never done that before, but it would ease testing very much.

Anyways thanks for your answer.

5 hours ago, Zereal said:

So Bodytalk requirements on Nexus can be read as optional and not hard requirements. But without the right physics there's really no fun.

It literally specifies what every one of them is for...

Spoiler

image.png.693596c24a3798036791ccedaaa91119.png

Generally I think that Fusion Girl and CBBE need a lot of different installs. So is there any mod manager that allows to swap 2 or more complete different mod installations? I've never done that before, but it would ease testing very much.

It's quite easy to set this up in MO2 or Vortex. Just need to ensure you've got CBBE/FG in the name so you remember which to enable together and which to leave off, then you can switch between them.
Fairly sure MO2's profiles will make it a bit easier than doing it in Vortex, but it's still fairly straightforward.

10 hours ago, Nebuchadnezzer2 said:

It literally specifies what every one of them is for...

Reveal hidden contents

It's quite easy to set this up in MO2 or Vortex. Just need to ensure you've got CBBE/FG in the name so you remember which to enable together and which to leave off, then you can switch between them.
Fairly sure MO2's profiles will make it a bit easier than doing it in Vortex, but it's still fairly straightforward.

Even with the Profiles, I suggest that the naming and the left side order be correct for the mods you use. Then you just need to clone and click on and/or off the features you do/ don't want.  (I believe you can select profiles for Vortex as well now, however, I believe that is experimental and not as mature as MO's profile system) 

On 2/26/2020 at 10:49 PM, SayKoRn said:

One Patch to Bang needs to be RE-INSTALLED AFTER you add/remove an animation mod.

^as this said, my question is, does this only apply to AAF type animation mods or is it every animation? also as im a vortex noob, is there no way to not have to keep reapplying the rules for reinstalling the patch?

5 hours ago, redlantern said:

^as this said, my question is, does this only apply to AAF type animation mods or is it every animation? also as im a vortex noob, is there no way to not have to keep reapplying the rules for reinstalling the patch?

As far as i know, One Patch to Bang is an upgraded version of One Patch to Rule.. so technically it covers both basic and adult animations.

On 4/3/2020 at 9:58 PM, AcacGames said:

Oh my god! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I've been wanting to install AAF for maybe over a year, now, and I never succeeded. Lovers PK, Sexout, Sexlab, no problem, but I really struggled with this. But, thanks to your guide, I finally did it! Yay!! :D

Yeah, AAF is taking over what FourPlay left behind in a way. Just make sure not to mix them up in your mod list x)

Cheers!

On 4/1/2020 at 2:33 AM, Tigerblue51 said:

No Nexus Mod Manager support,  probably because of a dumb ass reason and so many requirements wtf

Because NMM is dogshit in the way it handles files and will eventually be scrapped entirely.

There's a reason why Nexus moved to Vortex. And there's also MO2 which is way superior to both.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

3 hours ago, SayKoRn said:

There's a reason why Nexus moved to Vortex. And there's also MO2 which is way superior to both.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

100%

LOL.

Jokes aside.. NMM is OPEN SOURCE now so it won't be going anywhere soon. However, it is also open source so only those that want to work on it will. From what I can tell the work being done is slow process compared to the other two (main stream) managers.  TBH. Other than a few minor qurks with Vortex, I can see that Tannin did a terrific job at keeping it close to NMM in function and process as possible to provide what was needed. Vortex is excellent. I used it for a brief time and left only because I need/want the power that Mod Organizer gives. (long time user of MO) I can 100% confidently advise Vortex for a replacement mod manager for NMM users.

The advice to change over from NMM isn't just from users of other mods. The thread here on LL has numerous mentions of reported issues from people expert in using NMM.  I h ave done support here for a LOOOONNNG time and along with others. Please know that those advising to convert from NMM to one of the others (Vortex/Mod Organizer) isn't do so out of fandom they are doing so out of concern and an honest attempt to assist those trying to get their game on.

On 3/31/2020 at 10:33 PM, Tigerblue51 said:

No Nexus Mod Manager support,  probably because of a dumb ass reason and so many requirements wtf

That just shows you don't understand how managers work.  The issue is due to the complex scripting ... This can happen with any other mod that has heavy or complex scripting. This IS HANDLED by both Vortex and Mod Organizer properly. It has ZERO  to do with mods requirements. NMM has been repeatedly proven to not place the files in the correct location and/or miss key files needed. Also, not remove files properly.  The main job of a mod manager is to handle files installation and removal. the above is the reason for no support. (limited support elsewhere)

There are numerous reports of issues on NMM's own thread here on LL about various confirm, repeatable issues related to NMM.  As a result that manager can't be trusted. If this ever changes and it is properly updated and proven to be reliable again, I am 100% confident that support will have no issues with it.

4 hours ago, SayKoRn said:

As far as i know, One Patch to Bang is an upgraded version of One Patch to Rule.. so technically it covers both basic and adult animations.

my god, so i would have to reinstall and reapply rules to the patch if i want to change non adult sitting animations...
ill just have to live with my current set then. thanks

On 4/9/2020 at 10:07 AM, RitualClarity said:

There are numerous reports of issues on NMM's own thread here on LL about various confirm, repeatable issues related to NMM.  As a result that manager can't be trusted. If this ever changes and it is properly updated and proven to be reliable again, I am 100% confident that support will have no issues with it.

I believe the error of placing files in the wrong location happened sometime last year with the original Breast Physics made by Opparco. The community found out about the error and reported. Both the mod and NMM had been updated since and the error ceased to be.

Most mods I use have been pretty stable with the NMM installation, provided instructions made by authors and load order guides like this are followed properly. NMM's "unreliable" image has (in my opinion) mostly to do with its lack of debug support. So if a user doesn't know where else to look for culprits, s/he is essentially left with one option: blame NMM

And of course, AAF guides like this thread makes everything all the more stable.

6 hours ago, Vel W said:

I believe the error of placing files in the wrong location happened sometime last year with the original Breast Physics made by Opparco. The community found out about the error and reported. Both the mod and NMM had been updated since and the error ceased to be.

Most mods I use have been pretty stable with the NMM installation, provided instructions made by authors and load order guides like this are followed properly. NMM's "unreliable" image has (in my opinion) mostly to do with its lack of debug support. So if a user doesn't know where else to look for culprits, s/he is essentially left with one option: blame NMM

And of course, AAF guides like this thread makes everything all the more stable.

I vaguely remember that... but also know of numerous other events like that where issues cropped up with mod management.  There is a thread on this site that covers many of the newest NMM releases. Just look through that and whom is posting the issues.  You don't see that level of issues / problems with Vortex / Mod Organizer. There are experienced mod users that use NMM that I personally know and that is great. They understand where the manager ends and the mod issues starts. Most noob and limited experienced users don't have that understanding. As a result even outside of this guide, you will find limited support for NMM if problems arise. There is only so far someone will work to resolve the problems when a strange or irregular issue arises. In my experience much more substantial support is given for Vortex/MOd Organizer.

Nexus has dropped NMM due to its issues and problems and developed another manager to cover the needs of the site. Even Nexus realizes that there are issues and moved on. Vortex is very close to NMM in function and has a few more tools to help assure that complex mods and conflicts are better handled now then they were ever possible in NMM. Critical IMO for the complex setups that advanced framework mods like AAF require now and that mods will call upon more and more as time goes on.

Please use what works for you, what you desire. No judgement (at least by me and many that I know) but, please understand that less and less authors and support individuals use NMM and as a result, less and less ability to help resolve complex and confusing  mod installation issues can be done.

On a final note. I won't make any more comments on NMM and its usage here. NMM is strictly forbidden for support by Saya. Others might she doesn't and out of respect I will stop discussing this here. This isn't a place for discussion of the virtues of NMM vs other mods. Bottom line, support is given free of charge by individual at their leisure. If they wish to not support a specific mod or in this case mod manager it is their right to do so. Discussing the virtues and arguing the subject isn't going to go anywhere. I'd suggest that if this is a subject desired of discussing that it be opened up elsewhere. Lets focus on the guide and implementation of AAF and its various guide supported mods. ;)

On 4/6/2020 at 7:34 PM, Zereal said:

After installing with suggested order and AAF failing, I lost a lot of time until I found out that:

a) Leito voice fix is outdated

So I left it out and my AAF worked again (maybe another mod load order might work with the outdated mod too?).

Well, yeah, it's outdated. Didn't stop Indarello from using the customized Leito xmls in that fix as a basis for his own AAF patch. Which I realized after what I wrote in the linked post.

I guess he started developing that patch before I uploaded Custom Moans. But by now he really could have gotten rid of the voice fix, it's not that difficult, it's just a little extra work (mostly changing ID numbers back to the ones in the original Leito mod).

So if you are using Indarello's patch then you probably should install both this Leito FF voice fix and Custom Moans. Doesn't really make sense but it works.