[AAF] "The Fucking Manual" ~ Adult oriented setup guide 7th/April/2024).

8 hours ago, zhuguannan123 said:

thanks! but how do i cure those debuffs, they are overpowered....

You can wait for some of them to wear off, and talk to Neura in the Memory Den to reset your disposition (for a high price). If you find the debuffs to strong, you can adjust a wide variety of sliders in the MCM for it to fine tune accumulation and recovery rates to suite your playstyle.

Hello again, first of all: I still can't access the discord server, and I can't tell if it's something I'm doing wrong.

Is there any chance this is because of limitation due to ISPs? Is anyone else having this problem? It will just not load messages,  it will just endlessly sit like that.

Secondly: I had something weird happen and I'm a bit worried.

I suddenly realized All male characters in ALL animations had developed erectile dysfunction 100% of the time... (main character is female, so I don't know if that would affect main character)

I reloaded all relevant mods a few times but nothing changed.

But then, I tried simply loading a different, earlier, save and the problem just went away like 99% of the time!

I can't think of how this could be possible. What can one do, -in game- that could affect AFF functionality in that manner, so I can keep an eye out for it?

Also: this occasionally, rarely still happens some times, and it might be entirely my imagination, but MAYBE, just maybe, I'm noticing some correlation between this problem and the apparel unequiping system. I currently have this set to partial unequip in AAF, is there a way to retroactively change this to "eveything" without redoing the whole installation? Or am I screwed basically?

5 minutes ago, Trailbandit said:

I suddenly realized All male characters in ALL animations had developed erectile dysfunction 100% of the time...

If you're using BodyTalk for your male body replacer, be sure to build the nude body in BodySlide with the "build morphs" checkbox enabled, and the erection slider at 0% (unless you're using a patch mod which says in its description to use a different slider value). That's the most common oversight anyway.

8 minutes ago, Trailbandit said:

But then, I tried simply loading a different, earlier, save and the problem just went away like 99% of the time!

I can't think of how this could be possible. What can one do, -in game- that could affect AFF functionality in that manner, so I can keep an eye out for it?

Also: this occasionally, rarely still happens some times, and it might be entirely my imagination, but MAYBE, just maybe, I'm noticing some correlation between this problem and the apparel unequiping system.

This makes my suggestion above less likely to be the solution. The second most common cause is if you have a slow system or lots of resource-intensive/script-heavy mods running, sometimes things like morphs tend not to fire successfully some of the time.

10 minutes ago, Trailbandit said:

I currently have this set to partial unequip in AAF, is there a way to retroactively change this to "eveything" without redoing the whole installation? Or am I screwed basically?

Just reinstall AAF itself, you don't have to reinstall anything else. The AAF FOMOD installer menu has a page where you can choose between a number of undressing profiles, the most thorough of which is the "compatible" one which also removes a lot of things in the normally unused clothing slots which mods tend to make use of. Or you can simply open the Data\AAF\AAF_equipmentSetData.xml file with a text editor like notepad and add the names of additional slots you want handled to the unEquip list in there (visit the URL from the comment block in that file to find out the proper slot names).

2 hours ago, vaultbait said:

If you're using BodyTalk for your male body replacer, be sure to build the nude body in BodySlide with the "build morphs" checkbox enabled, and the erection slider at 0% (unless you're using a patch mod which says in its description to use a different slider value). That's the most common oversight anyway.

that's true, I haven't build any male bodies in bodyslide. I didn't even realize I needed to because it all worked out of the box after installation. I'll keep this in mind though. It's important to know. If I need to I can just batch build all BodyTalk files right?

Also: If things are working without manually building the bodies. Should I still build them anyway?

This makes my suggestion above less likely to be the solution. The second most common cause is if you have a slow system or lots of resource-intensive/script-heavy mods running, sometimes things like morphs tend not to fire successfully some of the time.

Ah, that's very interesting. My system isn't super slow, but I do run an older 3820 which isn't super fast by today's standards either.  (gpu isn't an issue I guess in this particular case but it's a 1070 if that's important). I'm not exactly sure how many of my mods are script intensive, but I wager it's a fair number.

Even though I'm skeptical as to if this could be the reason for it to happen systematically, now that it got back to "normal" at least that could very well be the reason I still get a few softies every now and then,

I actually tested and got a scene were only one of the numerous males had a problem. Which does point to a non systematic, cause (as a script not firing would be) So good advice there.

Just reinstall AAF itself, you don't have to reinstall anything else. The AAF FOMOD installer menu has a page where you can choose between a number of undressing profiles, the most thorough of which is the "compatible" one which also removes a lot of things in the normally unused clothing slots which mods tend to make use of.

Excellent, I was afraid that would break the "sequence", I'll be less scared of that in the future :)

Or you can simply open the Data\AAF\AAF_equipmentSetData.xml file with a text editor like notepad and add the names of additional slots you want handled to the unEquip list in there (visit the URL from the comment block in that file to find out the proper slot names).

Oh snap! I didn't know I could do that. ❤️ I will check that out! thank you!

21 hours ago, Trailbandit said:

I haven't build any male bodies in bodyslide. I didn't even realize I needed to because it all worked out of the box after installation. I'll keep this in mind though. It's important to know. If I need to I can just batch build all BodyTalk files right?

Also: If things are working without manually building the bodies. Should I still build them anyway?

I think that will result in a "rigid" penis which doesn't morph to the erection angles some animation metadata may specify. Though you'll still see the penis deform from any animations which animate the penis bones, so it might not be completely obvious. Still, I could imagine this would cause some offset/mismatch issues between pegs and holes.

21 hours ago, Trailbandit said:

I'm not exactly sure how many of my mods are script intensive, but I wager it's a fair number.

Even though I'm skeptical as to if this could be the reason for it to happen systematically, now that it got back to "normal" at least that could very well be the reason I still get a few softies every now and then,

I actually tested and got a scene were only one of the numerous males had a problem. Which does point to a non systematic, cause (as a script not firing would be) So good advice there.

You'll find some mods can inadvertently leave copies of script running they meant to terminate, and these "script leaks" can pile up over time, which might explain why reverting to an earlier save with the same mod list was behaving more consistently.

On 6/21/2021 at 1:16 AM, Trailbandit said:

Hello again, first of all: I still can't access the discord server, and I can't tell if it's something I'm doing wrong.

Is there any chance this is because of limitation due to ISPs? Is anyone else having this problem? It will just not load messages,  it will just endlessly sit like that.

Have you read and accepted AAF server rules? Because before you do that, you have no access to channels.

14 hours ago, vaultbait said:

I think that will result in a "rigid" penis which doesn't morph to the erection angles some animation metadata may specify. Though you'll still see the penis deform from any animations which animate the penis bones, so it might not be completely obvious. Still, I could imagine this would cause some offset/mismatch issues between pegs and holes.

I see, understandable. I see all the morph files do exist (opened them with outfit studio and the check out) So I think I'm good. I might attempt to slightly modify the up morph to solve some slight misalignment in some poses, I just hope this doesn't mess up others. But I'll keep back-ups to the nifs So i think I'll be safe.

14 hours ago, vaultbait said:

You'll find some mods can inadvertently leave copies of script running they meant to terminate, and these "script leaks" can pile up over time, which might explain why reverting to an earlier save with the same mod list was behaving more consistently.

Makes sense. We'll I suppose I can't really do much about that If i want to run my mods so figers crossed this doesn't get "stuck" again and I don't notice it. Oh well...

5 hours ago, Lilimorphine said:

Have you read and accepted AAF server rules? Because before you do that, you have no access to channels.

oops... that might be it... I just followed the discord link and that's pretty much it ? I will look into that. Thanks!!!

• Saya Scarlett changed the title to [AAF Fucking Manual] Up-To-Date Adult oriented setup guide (14/June/2021)
29 minutes ago, maddadicusrex said:

:frown:

So is the Universal working Bath and Shower Fixtures. 

Damn! I don't think I even knew about that one!

13 minutes ago, maddadicusrex said:

HI, MY NAME IS MIKE AND I AM A MOD HOARDER! :flushed: LOOKING FOR INTERVENTION!

I think we should declare this day to be a mod hoarders appreciation day. Mod hoarders to the rescue! :P

Edited by MrFuturehope
21 hours ago, MrFuturehope said:

Sad week for Fallout 4 players!

Popular FSM body textures on Nexusmods - DELETED...

And now...

Popular CWSS Redux v4 - Craftable Working Showers on Nexusmods - DELETED...

What the hell?!!

Why or when did NEXUS or the mod author take down CWSS?  When?  He just updated it in January.  Usually they hide the mod and explain why it disappeared.  The patches are still available.   It's too bad, CWSS was one of the great mods!

Edited by reconphil

I found this speculation/explanation on a search I did:  "... In the case of [CWSS], all of the author’s other mods are deleted so there is good chance he just wanted to quit the modding scene and decided to delete his mods. It’s annoying for players and I don’t feel like this is how leaving modding should be handled but a mod will always be the author’s property so he’s free to do whatever he wants with it."  

Edited by reconphil
28 minutes ago, reconphil said:

Why or when did NEXUS or the mod author take down CWSS?  When?  He just updated it in January.  Usually they hide the mod and explain why it disappeared.  The patches are still available.   It's too bad, CWSS was one of the great mods!

It was deleted most likely yesterday or day before, depends on your time zone, but let's just say recently. Vortex always tells me which mods couldn't be checked for updates and I always check the links manually when I see that report, so that's how I found these mods are now gone. I know that mod authors sometimes hide the mods to make some changes to them, but this is not the case, because it said that the mod couldn't be found and there's also that "- DELETED" added to the title. As to why this happens or who does this, I don't know, but in both cases of deleted mods I mentioned in my previous post it's mods tagged as adult content...

12 minutes ago, MrFuturehope said:

It was deleted most likely yesterday or day before, depends on your time zone, but let's just say recently. Vortex always tells me which mods couldn't be checked for updates and I always check the links manually when I see that report, so that's how I found these mods are now gone. I know that mod authors sometimes hide the mods to make some changes to them, but this is not the case, because it said that the mod couldn't be found and there's also that "- DELETED" added to the title. As to why this happens or who does this, I don't know, but in both cases of deleted mods I mentioned in my previous post it's mods tagged as adult content...

I posted earlier a response I found when I searched it.  Apparently Steve40 deleted all his mods.  I think he's in Australia.  

Nexus changed their mod deletion policy, and Steve40 and possibly others have deleted their entire mod pages in protest. Basically, new Nexus policy is you can no longer delete individual files, only archive them or delete the entire page. Archives might be hideable, but Nexus wants to create a more stable file system for mod collections and mod lists. Archives cannot be downloaded via anything except when a mod list installer (like Wabbajack) specifically calls for it, but it is still highly controversial.

There is some talk among the Fallout mod authors about creating an alternative site, with a focus of creating one nexus-like alternative site with a focus on mod author protections, instead of mods being released all across the web. 

Part of the controversy is how this change has been presented, basically it arrived unannounced and Nexus's discussion of it focused heavily on the mod collection/list aspect, which was already unpopular with some mod authors

Edited by candied_skull
1 hour ago, candied_skull said:

Nexus changed their mod deletion policy, and Steve40 and possibly others have deleted their entire mod pages in protest. Basically, new Nexus policy is you can no longer delete individual files, only archive them or delete the entire page. Archives might be hideable, but Nexus wants to create a more stable file system for mod collections and mod lists. Archives cannot be downloaded via anything except when a mod list installer (like Wabbajack) specifically calls for it, but it is still highly controversial.

There is some talk among the Fallout mod authors about creating an alternative site, with a focus of creating one nexus-like alternative site with a focus on mod author protections, instead of mods being released all across the web. 

Part of the controversy is how this change has been presented, basically it arrived unannounced and Nexus's discussion of it focused heavily on the mod collection/list aspect, which was already unpopular with some mod authors

Yep, a number of other prominent mod resource authors, e.g. TBOS, have started hiding their mod pages on Nexus now over it. the Wabbajack madness has begun to spill over to here too, with users asking in various support threads to have outdated versions of things the authors would rather not support reuploaded because they're baked into some random modpack. It should be quite okay to tell modpack users to get stuffed, learn to read, and work it out for themselves. Mod authors are gifting their time and creativity to the community, and shouldn't be reduced to baby-sitting the technically illiterate. Especially when those users are paying the modpack authors who are profiting off the generosity of the mod authors whose work they're merely aggregating.

11 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Yep, a number of other prominent mod resource authors, e.g. TBOS, have started hiding their mod pages on Nexus now over it. the Wabbajack madness has begun to spill over to here too, with users asking in various support threads to have outdated versions of things the authors would rather not support reuploaded because they're baked into some random modpack. It should be quite okay to tell modpack users to get stuffed, learn to read, and work it out for themselves. Mod authors are gifting their time and creativity to the community, and shouldn't be reduced to baby-sitting the technically illiterate. Especially when those users are paying the modpack authors who are profiting off the generosity of the mod authors whose work they're merely aggregating.

I thought modpacks were somewhat out of bounds for all gaming forums plus the fact that most are wonky at best. Not sure it makes financial sense but is there a cheapskate way to copyright for mod authors to copyright their property. Maybe if they could blanket copyright anything downloaded at an author created site?

55 minutes ago, maddadicusrex said:

I thought modpacks were somewhat out of bounds for all gaming forums plus the fact that most are wonky at best. Not sure it makes financial sense but is there a cheapskate way to copyright for mod authors to copyright their property. Maybe if they could blanket copyright anything downloaded at an author created site?

I, for one, am really sad to see Steve40 pull his mods.  His were very stable and worked well over a broad spectrum.  He is a very talented mod author.