Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I've come across a problem where none of the enbs I've chosen work. They crash at startup. I know I installed the files properly because I have been installing enb's for years now. The problem is with the dxgi.dll and d3dcompiler_46e.dll files. whenever I take those two files out, fallout 4 opens just fine but the enb doesn't show up ofcourse.

 

I see others using enb's just fine so I know there is a fix to this. I just have no idea what it is. please help.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Annabelle P said:

The problem is with the dxgi.dll and d3dcompiler_46e.dll files. whenever I take those two files out

dxgi.dll? ENB is d3d11.dll and d3dcompiler_46.dll. Are you sure you're installing the proper files?

Share this post


Link to post

I'm sorry I forgot to mention that file as well. d3d11.dll is the main file giving me issues. when I delete that file, the game is just fine but no enb.

 

After a little testing I found that dxgi.dll and d3dcompiler_44.dll are not the problem. It's just d3d11.dll

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Annabelle P said:

I've come across a problem where none of the enbs I've chosen work. They crash at startup. I know I installed the files properly because I have been installing enb's for years now. The problem is with the dxgi.dll and d3dcompiler_46e.dll files. whenever I take those two files out, fallout 4 opens just fine but the enb doesn't show up ofcourse.

 

I see others using enb's just fine so I know there is a fix to this. I just have no idea what it is. please help.

I have an AMD Black CPU & 2 960's........And I can't run an ENB without my frame rate dropping to nearly zero.

 

YMMV........

 

:exclamation:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

I'm guessing there is no fix to this because I can't find anything on this that helps. This is crazy because It was working before I reinstalled Windows 10. I'm not sure if it deleted something or what but I have tried everything I can think of and have been advised to do so far. Meanwhile Skyrim runs just fine with all enbs. I really wish I could find some kind of fix. 

 

maybe an old version of enb series would work? Although I've tried all four versions available on the website.

 

I wonder why fallout 4 didn't come with it's own version of directx. most games do... Skyrim does.

I'm going to lose my shi... if can't get this to work in another 24hrs.

 

Maybe someone could share there version of system32 with me. I think with someones version of fallout 4 that does work with enb's may have the answer. I feel like my Windows 10 re installation may have deleted files or something. The error I get from this crash doesn't tell me anything specific so I wouldn't know what I'm missing if I am missing anything.  

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, VonHelton said:

I have an AMD Black CPU & 2 960's........And I can't run an ENB without my frame rate dropping to nearly zero.

 

YMMV........

 

:exclamation:

 

 

What you mean black CPU? And why you use 2 cards instead of one? This is not 200 % of perfomance

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Annabelle P said:

I'm guessing there is no fix to this because I can't find anything on this that helps. This is crazy because It was working before I reinstalled Windows 10. I'm not sure if it deleted something or what but I have tried everything I can think of and have been advised to do so far. Meanwhile Skyrim runs just fine with all enbs. I really wish I could find some kind of fix. 

 

maybe an old version of enb series would work? Although I've tried all four versions available on the website.

 

I wonder why fallout 4 didn't come with it's own version of directx. most games do... Skyrim does.

I'm going to lose my shi... if can't get this to work in another 24hrs.

 

Maybe someone could share there version of system32 with me. I think with someones version of fallout 4 that does work with enb's may have the answer. I feel like my Windows 10 re installation may have deleted files or something. The error I get from this crash doesn't tell me anything specific so I wouldn't know what I'm missing if I am missing anything.  

Replacing windows files is not the best way to fix your problem, probably you will break your system and reinstall it again, check the forum of mod you are download to find similar problems and possible solutions, maybe mod is outdated or you do something wrong, because fallout was updated recently and they dont have new version if enb maybe? Also you can try to install latest directx

Share this post


Link to post
46 minutes ago, VonHelton said:

https://www.newegg.com/amd-a6-series-a6-6400k/p/N82E16819113335

 

This is not my exact CPU, but similar......

 

:no_mouth:

I have https://www.newegg.com/intel-core-i7-4th-gen-core-i7-4770/p/N82E16819116900?Description=i7 4770&cm_re=i7_4770-_-19-116-900-_-Product&quicklink=true

and https://www.newegg.com/gigabyte-geforce-gtx-1660-ti-gv-n166toc-6gd/p/N82E16814932131?Description=1660 ti&cm_re=1660_ti-_-14-932-131-_-Product&quicklink=true

but still don't have 60 fps all time on medium-high settings, don't know what hardware required for enb, or maybe it is because of many mods I use

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Annabelle P said:

I'm guessing there is no fix to this because I can't find anything on this that helps. This is crazy because It was working before I reinstalled Windows 10. I'm not sure if it deleted something or what but I have tried everything I can think of and have been advised to do so far. Meanwhile Skyrim runs just fine with all enbs. I really wish I could find some kind of fix. 

 

I've never experienced your issue, using ENB with Windows10. Are you trying to use a preset with ENB and ReShade? because dxgi.dll comes from the ReShade lib and that is known to be incompatible with Windows10 or trying to use it along F4SE.

 

Don't try to manually move files in OS folders or anything like that. Fallout 4 didn't came with its own DirectX because it uses the same as other games, like Skyrim SE. So if you already had it installed Steam won't attempt to install it again.

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Indarello said:

You pretty much have to have top of the line equipment to run ENB's.

 

:cry:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, dontknowdontcaredontask said:

Don't try to manually move files in OS folders or anything like that. Fallout 4 didn't came with its own DirectX because it uses the same as other games, like Skyrim SE. So if you already had it installed Steam won't attempt to install it again.

I guess that means directx isn't the problem then because I have installed so many versions of directx to see if it needs a curtain version. It doesn't apparently. It doesn't make sense because the crash is as soon as the command prompt shows up. when i launch it without f4se, I get an error saying. "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)."

 

7 hours ago, Indarello said:

Replacing windows files is not the best way to fix your problem, probably you will break your system and reinstall it again, check the forum of mod you are download to find similar problems and possible solutions, maybe mod is outdated or you do something wrong, because fallout was updated recently and they dont have new version if enb maybe? Also you can try to install latest directx

I have tried three different enbs. I mean, if that's not enough I don't know what is. I've tried all of the versions of enbseries that the website has to offer. I'll go to website and see if they have any issues on it. I don't know what else to try.

Share this post


Link to post
44 minutes ago, VonHelton said:

You pretty much have to have top of the line equipment to run ENB's.

 

:cry:

 

 

I dont have 60 fps without it

I mean dont know what specs required to run with enb at 60 fps maybe gtx 2080?

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, Indarello said:

I dont have 60 fps without it

I mean dont know what specs required to run with enb at 60 fps maybe gtx 2080?

Sounds about right........

 

:thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...