Fallout 4 Beginner's Guide - A Mod List to Get You Started (V0.5 - beta)

Update #6 - 2021-07-07

So, life has been a bit of a PITA lately, which is why work on the list has been MIA until now. Hopefully I will be able to focus on it a little more. I won't lie though: I was kind of waiting/hoping for Ivy 6 to come out soon, but such is not the way of things. Well, that and all the stuff that has been going on with the Nexus, and not to mention the recent arrival of Luxor's HD overhaul. But I digress.

This is a bit of a mini update, mostly adding a few fixes and changes to help keep things up to date, and to make things run a little smoother. The biggest change is the addition of Buffout 4, which can help the game run better. It's also become a hard requirement for the Ultimate AAF Patch, so yes, one way or another, you need it.

The next update will be a bit of a bigger one cause of the HD overhaul. Along with the latest kerfuffle over at the nexus, a number of mods on the list are either gone, or temporarily (I hope) mia. 

Removed

Foundation

Achievements                                                                                    integrated into buffout 4

Textures

Improved Maps With Visible Roads

Improved Maps With Visible Roads - Far Harbour                            Replaced by FallUI Maps

Improved Maps With Visible Roads - Nuka World

World

Beantown Interiors Project                                                                 Kills me, but there's a few places modified by BIP that are broken for several reasons

Building

Singing Settlers                                                                                  Never used this mod really

Patches and Fixes

Baka ScrapHeap                                                                                 Replaced by Buffout 4

Beantown Interiors Optimization Patch                                             

Weapons

Wasteland Melody's Service Rifle                                                      The lastest version of SREP completely replaces the original mod 

Added or Moved

Pre-Installation

Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2019

xSEPluginPreloader F4

Engine Fixes

Address Library for F4SE Plugins                                                         Moved up from Patches and Fixes

Buffout 4

PrivateProfileRedirector F4 - Faster Game Start (INI File Cacher)

UI

FallUI - Inventory and Vault Girl Mod Patch

FallUI - Maps

FallUI - HUD

Weapons

Anotherone Noiac's M1928A1 Addon

Fallout 3 10mm SMG

Light Support Weapon

Misc

Some more text here and there, nothing big yet

• 1 month later...
On 9/6/2021 at 8:55 AM, boredotter said:

A lot of the fusion girl conversions have been deleted from nexusmods. Any idea if they are hosted somewhere else? The CROSS stuff for example.

The fusion girl stuff, like most of the stuff right now, I am still trying to sort out. I was hoping modsanctum would be up by now, but it looks like that won't be happening any time soon. 

Most of it has been moved to the Fusion Girl discord channel, I think. There also the FG conversion thread here where you can look for other FG stuff. Not sure where all of the cross FG stuff is yet though.

I've gotten 90% of the mod list sorted out, and I'm hoping to get the fusion girl part sorted out this week or next week so I can put out the next update. 

• 4 weeks later...

Have been using many of the mods on this list. Regards those that you are thinking of adding into the next update, I have used Singing Settler a few times and it is quite good for the atmosphere of the settlements. However, if there are two mods that I'd feel were more than worthy to be included, it would definitely include Get Out Of My Face, and Eat Off The Floor. Both are very simple but serious time savers, and even handy in a firefight. I simply cannot do without them. Especially if you're taking a whole troupe of people with you to buildings or around settlements and they're all blocking the door. Not anymore.

Also, trying to fiddle through a Pipboy just to eat something you're already looking at is rubbish.

Scrap (Not Quite) Everything is a nice extension to Scrap Everything for those that like to use settlement boundary extender mods especially as you can break previs with indiscriminate use of Scrap Everything.

Aside from this, those hotkeys are a timesaver. Many reasons why.

Homemaker didn't make the list? How? ?

Okay I'll see myself out.

On 10/3/2021 at 5:11 PM, NMidnight said:

Just an FYI, both, Diamond City HD and Vault 111 HD have been removed from nexus mods

Two of many. . . Though in luxor's case, he removed all of his loose mods in favor of is AIO overhaul.

First of all, thanks for your list.

Earlier I tried Aylis list. Sadly, I wasn't able to use it and always got a ctd. Especially the Bashed Patch was beyond my capabilities. Therefore, I switched to your list and tried to follow the steps as close as possible. Sadly, the problem got worse. When the Dialog window of "start me up" opens up and I choose "this is a memory", I get a ctd. When I choose "this is a dream" and I start in the vault,I get an ctd after I'm able to choose my options in dllss and before the door of my cyro chamber should open. If I start outside the vault, I'm able to play for a few minutes before I get a ctd.

I neither started Bodyslide and changed the outfits nor installed the Simple Sorter, because I wanted to try if the game can run stable. I also didn’t flag any Esps as Esls.

Spoiler

1.thumb.PNG.65dfaae84448ab40517defba732f251a.PNG

Edited by chewc
On 10/23/2021 at 1:19 PM, chewc said:

First of all, thanks for your list.

Earlier I tried Aylis list. Sadly, I wasn't able to use it and always got a ctd. Especially the Bashed Patch was beyond my capabilities. Therefore, I switched to your list and tried to follow the steps as close as possible. Sadly, the problem got worse. When the Dialog window of "start me up" opens up and I choose "this is a memory", I get a ctd. When I choose "this is a dream" and I start in the vault,I get an ctd after I'm able to choose my options in dllss and before the door of my cyro chamber should open. If I start outside the vault, I'm able to play for a few minutes before I get a ctd.

I neither started Bodyslide and changed the outfits nor installed the Simple Sorter, because I wanted to try if the game can run stable. I also didn’t flag any Esps as Esls.

Reveal hidden contents

1.thumb.PNG.65dfaae84448ab40517defba732f251a.PNG

I am starting to regret keeping start me up in the list. . . 

Unfortunately, trying to troubleshoot ctds in the intro of the game is a bit of a PITA because of the way it runs. Some mods will only cause problems during the intro, which is why you have to disable them. Pip pad is one such mod. If you have it running during the intro, odds are you will not get the vault door open.

What I would do is run through the intro without any mods activated, and make a clean save once you get out of the vault (also make a backup of this save in case you need it again). Then reload the game with your mod list, and see if anything blows up. If everything is working fine, you can try running through the intro again with mods activated, but unlike skyrim SE, the fallout 4 intro does not play nice with mods. 

If you got buffout 4 running, you might want to check the crash log as well. It can point you to which mod caused the game to crash.

Thanks for your help. I think the reasons why my game crashed were that i put the unoffcial patch too low in the load order and  a bug with weapon debris. You wrote that the esm plugins should come first but in the pic of your load order the patch comes earlier although its an esp. Also there seems to be a bug if you activate weapon debris with a gforce gpu. After i fixed those problems the game worked.

On 10/28/2021 at 1:27 PM, chewc said:

Thanks for your help. I think the reasons why my game crashed were that i put the unoffcial patch too low in the load order and  a bug with weapon debris. You wrote that the esm plugins should come first but in the pic of your load order the patch comes earlier although its an esp. Also there seems to be a bug if you activate weapon debris with a gforce gpu. After i fixed those problems the game worked.

Unofficial patch is flagged as an esm, but is still technically an esp. In that way, it's like an esp flagged as an esl: YOu leave it in the same place you find it in the list. Historically, leaving it in the load order as is doesn't really change much compared to moving to the top of the esm pile. At least, I never seen a discernible difference. 

As for this weapon debris bug, no idea what you're talking about. I have a geforce as well, and it's never given me an issue. 

12 hours ago, asebw said:

Unofficial patch is flagged as an esm, but is still technically an esp. In that way, it's like an esp flagged as an esl: YOu leave it in the same place you find it in the list. Historically, leaving it in the load order as is doesn't really change much compared to moving to the top of the esm pile. At least, I never seen a discernible difference. 

As for this weapon debris bug, no idea what you're talking about. I have a geforce as well, and it's never given me an issue. 

Hmm, from what I remember reading in various places, the unofficial patch goes just below the main game esm, but above any other, though the last time I really paid much attention was quite some time ago, as that tends to be where I place it.

On 10/30/2021 at 10:49 AM, Varithina said:

Hmm, from what I remember reading in various places, the unofficial patch goes just below the main game esm, but above any other, though the last time I really paid much attention was quite some time ago, as that tends to be where I place it.

I've tested it both at the top and in its place as I have it in the list, and i've seen no discernible difference. From what i've seen, you can place it wherever your little heart desires as long as it's near the top.

6 hours ago, asebw said:

I've tested it both at the top and in its place as I have it in the list, and i've seen no discernible difference. From what i've seen, you can place it wherever your little heart desires as long as it's near the top.

For the most part it dose not really matter, but there are a few mods that use base game meshes/textures/materials, that the unofficial patch changes to something else, those mods no longer work if you pass the unofficial patches changes through them, though that may well be more a skyrim thing than a fallout 4 thing, like I said, though to be honest I tend to create my conflict resolution patch with smash, then go through the thing and manually edit that patch to make sure everything does what I want it to rather than what it thinks it should be.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/1/2021 at 3:13 AM, Varithina said:

For the most part it dose not really matter, but there are a few mods that use base game meshes/textures/materials, that the unofficial patch changes to something else, those mods no longer work if you pass the unofficial patches changes through them, though that may well be more a skyrim thing than a fallout 4 thing, like I said, though to be honest I tend to create my conflict resolution patch with smash, then go through the thing and manually edit that patch to make sure everything does what I want it to rather than what it thinks it should be.

It's possible, but I haven't really seen that issue myself. Sounds more like a skyrim thing than an FO4 thing tbh. Most of the esms and esls i've played with haven't had issues with patch being below them. 

7 hours ago, asebw said:

It's possible, but I haven't really seen that issue myself. Sounds more like a skyrim thing than an FO4 thing tbh. Most of the esms and esls i've played with haven't had issues with patch being below them. 

The only thing I remember being a bit off is the I think clean vault suit in the armor section, the unofficial patch sets them to use certain textures/meshes/materials, armor keywords esm sets them to use something different, so if you put the unofficial patch below armor keywords esm you in effect bork armor keywords from working properly because armor keywords is using texture swaps via omod in the game itself to change the vault suit to clean while the patch does it using direct links to the clean meshes/textures, it may not matter but there again it may well do so if other parts of the install are expecting to access the armor keywords omod to change textures/materials on the vault suit, but the game is using others that do not allow that to be done.

• asebw changed the title to Fallout 4 Beginner's Guide - A Mod List to Get You Started (V0.5 - beta)

Update #7 - 2021-11-27

So, the big update is finally here. Turned out to be a lot bigger than I thought, but this update sees the list reach its more final form, removing a number of old mods and problems, and thinning it out a bit to make it a bit more streamlined. More will be added down the road, but for now this should be enough to chew through. 

This update sees AWKCR getting replaced by ECO. We also say farewell to simplesorter. The biggest change is the inclusion of Luxor's8071's AIO HD overhaul, which helps not only pare down the list, but helps the game run a little better by taking many his textures out of the mod list, and placing then in the game's own files. Finally, along with the new textures, we have a working guide for generating LODs for Fallout 4, also courtesy of Luxor8071.

Unfortunately, because of the rift caused by Nexus mods and it's mod packages, and the resulting migration of some modders off of nexus mods (Thank you nexus mods for doing something I didn't think possible: Splitting the modding community). While some modders have moved their mods onto various discord servers and web sites, some have dropped off of the internet completely. I am hoping they might re-appear once mod sanctum gets started (If it gets off the ground). But only time will tell in that respect. For now, I have added a link in section #4 to a list that was collected to point to where many of the migrated mods ended up. 

I've temporarily taken Fusion girl out of the list because I haven't had time to sort through the clothing mods yet. Despite finding the conversions, a number of the conversions used in the list have yet to be updated to 1.75 when FG went through changes that made previous conversions compatible. If the conversions I previously used are not updated, I will either have to find alternatives, or update them myself. Once I get this sorted out, FG will return to the mod list. 

New installation instructions have been added for some of the new mods in Section 4. In particular is the buffout 4 installation instructions, as well as LOD generation. 

There is a very strange issue with the newer version of the Ultimate AAF patch and Buffout 4. Specifically, the UAF doesn't seem to like buffout 4 and bakaScrapHeap working together. Refer to section #4 for the full details. 

Update the LOD section in post #4. 

Removed

Pre-Installation

MXPF - Mator's xEdit Patching Framework

Foundation

Armor and Weapon Keywords Community Resource (AWKCR)

Crafting Framework

Armorsmith Extended 

Armor and Clothing Overhaul

High Resolution Texture Pack by Valuis

SavrenX HD 1k Buildings and Interiors

SavrenX Landscape Interior Building DLC

SavrenX HD Junk and Props DLC

SavrenX HD Settlements and Clutters

SavrenX HD Settlements and Clutters DLC                               

FO4 Landscape Overhaul HD

FO4 Landscape Overhaul Sand Ripples                   

Luxor8071's HD Texture Packs AIO                                     

Luxor8071's HD texture Pack AIO Pt 2 

Luxor8071's HD Texture Pack AIO Pt 3

Luxor8071's HD Texture Pack AIO Pt 4

luxor8071's HD texture Pack AIO Pt 5                                                            

Diamond City HD                                                                

Vault 111 HD                                                                       

Vault 111 Exteriors 4k

Water Enhanced

Engine Fixes

PrivateProfileRedirector F4 - Faster Game Start (INI File Cacher)

UI

Def_UI

Textures

Commonwealth Conifers Redux                                                                                               Gone From the Nexus and MIA sadly

Better Leaf Piles

Delightful Ivy - HD Vine Retexture         

Electrical Tower 8k 4k 2k

NMC's Texture Bundle 

Real Roads HD

Vault Crates Retexture

2K Shack Tarp Texture Replacer                                                                                                                            

Sanctuary Hills - Repair and Cleanup

Components Redone

Pulowski Preservation Shelter 2287 Edition

Nuka-Cola (2K)

Retextured Terminals - by Ben Ephla

(Optional)Vault Girl Mod - Neo's FOMOD Version (Textures)

Military Grade Duct Tape Olive-Green Retex

4k and 2k Safe Retexture

Teddy Bear HD

Ultimate HD Flag Replacer - BoS                                                                                         

Ultimate HD Flag Replacer - CIT Prewar Flag (Institute)

Ultimate HD Flag Replacer - Minutemen

Ultimate HD Flag Repalcer - Railroad

(Choose 1)Ultimate HD Flag Replacer - Lore-Friendly US Flag OR Stars and Stripes

Armor Rack Female Mannequin Fix - CBBE - Fusion Girl - Atomic Beauty

Vehicle Overhaul

Wasteland Nights - Moon and Stars Textures

PC

Female Neck Tweaks

The Eyes of Beauty Fallout Edition                                                                                                                    

DNX Body Tattoos (LooksMenu Overlays)

Commonwealth Cuts - KS Hairdos - ApachiiSkyHair

Ks Hairdos - Addon(s) with Physics                                                                                         

SavrenX Detailed Hair

Hair Tones Redux - A Hair Color Overhaul

Simple Clean Face for Woman

Fusion Girl 8k Skin Texture

8K Realistic Skin Textures - Fusion Girl - CBBE - ABeauty - Unique Player Compatible

NPCs and Creatures

Settlers of The Commonwealth                                                                                                                                                  

Militarized Minutemen

Retextured Super Mutants

Sound

Lost Audio Tweaks - No RAO Replacer

Ghouls Add Sound Caiena

Override

Classic Radiation Poisoning 2 

More Realistic Cats                                                                                                                                Gone from the Nexus and MIA

Improved Adhesive                                                                                                                               Gone from the Nexus and MIA

Legendary Modification

Shell Rain

World

South of The Sea (Massive Glowing Sea and Swamps Expansion)

Tales From The Commonwealth

Building

Craftable Display Shelves

Dog Bed for Dogmeat

Professional Ammo Crafting (P.A.C)

Workshop Rearranged

Patches and Fixes

AWKCR - Color Swap Mod Slot Hider

Armor anc Clothing Overhaul - WATM Patch

Tales from the Commonwealth Visual Fixes

Faster Workshop (Workshop Lag Fix)                                                                                    Replaced by Buffout 4

Workshop Rearranged Patch Pack

Patches and Fixes

SOTS All Vers. AWKCR -AND- Armorsmith Extended Patch

Weather and Lighting

Enhanced Lights and FX

True Storms - Wasteland Edition

Vivid Weathers

True Storms - Nuka-World Addon                                                                            

World of Thunder - True Storms Addon                                                                   

Darker Nights

Remove Interior Fog

Vanilla Reflection Maps

Weapon and Armor Overrides

Camo Combat Armor

Militarized Minutemen - Uniforms Patches and Insignia Addon

Power Armor Materials AND Paints (PAMAP)

More Power Armour Mods (More Power Armor Mods)

More Power Armour Mods - Automatron

Armor

Black Titanium Power Armor Frame

Cross Chosen of Atom                                                                                          

Cross Chosen of Atom For Fusion Girl                               

Cross Courser Strigidae                                                                                        

Cross_Courser Strigidae - CBBE 1st Person Fix

Cross_Courser Strigidae For Fusion Girl - Bodylisde

Cross_InstituteExpeditionarySuit                                                                            

CROSS_InstituteExpeditionarySuit for Fusion Girl - BodySlide

CROSS Armor Integration - Courser Strigidae and Expeditionary Suit 

Institute Replacer

HN66s SIRIUS.12 Assault Suit - Fusion Girl BodySlide Conversion

Gunner Army Military Camo Pack

Strac Hats

Weapons

M26 Fragmentation Grenade Replacer

SREP Redux - Service Rifle Expansion Project                

Light Support Weapon

Lover's Lab

Staged Leito Plus Erection Fix

Final

Bodyslide Override                                                                                               

Unlimited Companion Framework

Ruddy88's Simple Sorter                                                                                      

Added

Foundation

Perk Rebalance (PRB)

Equipment and Crafting Overhaul (ECO)

FO4 HD Overhaul Materials Glowing Sea

Natural Landscapes (2K - 4K)

OpTicTrukZ's Plants and Herbs Revamped

Engine Fixes

Fallout Priority - f4se plugin

Sprint Stuttering Fix

High FPS Physics Fix

Classic Holstered Weapons System (CHW)

Bullet Counted Reload System (BCR)

UI

FallUI - Item Sorter Mod

FallUI - Workbench

(Optional)FallUI - Sleep and Wait

Textures

A Forest

Pine Forest Redone

xrayys better ivy vines01 tex 4k

Bullet Casing Redone

CC's HD Flag Replacers

Leaf Piles Improved

Nuka Recipe Book 2K Retextures (Nuka World)

PC

FCO - HD Eyes

Natasha Face Texture

(Optional)Extended Facial Sculpting - now with 90 percent less beta

Realistic Facial Proportions - For Females

MiscHairstyle

Wasteland Salon - Hair Texture Improvement Mod

Wasteland Salon - Hair Texture Improvement Mod - Lighter Hair Colors

(Choose 1)FSM Redux (Redux & Extreme)   OR

(Choose 1)FSM body Textures Extreme Full 

NPCs and Creatures

CBBE NPC HeadRear Fix Remake

Additional Body Textures - Ghouls and more for CBBE and EVB 

CBBE NPC HeadRear Fix Remake - Ghouls Revamped

Natural Curie - Subtle Tweaks

Zens Piper Replacer-Facepreset

keke-bu Magnolia

Heather Casdin - A Unique Companion Experience by llamaRCA

Heather Casdin CBBE Bodyslide with Physics Support

More Feral Ghouls. A Zombie Mod

Raider Gangs Extended

Nightstrikers

Physics and Animation
OCBPC for Fallout 4

Immersive Animation Framework

Better Female Walk

Alternative WAlking Animation

New Idles (Standing - Sneaking - HHS Fix)

Smokeable Cigars - Cigarettes - Joints - With HardCore Auto Save

Sound

Reverb and Ambiance Overhaul

Ambient Wasteland - Fallout 4 Edition

F.E.R.A.L -Feral Ghouls Sounds Rework-

Radiant Birds

Radiant Birds (Less Radiant)

(Optional)Murder, Death, Scream

Settler and Companion Dialogue Overhaul

Immersive Generic Dialogues

Override

Bottles for All

Bottle Water anytime (Working)

Don't Stop Protecting Me

Gore Overhaul 3.0 -Reload-

CROSS Crit Gore-verhaul

More Map Markers

Realistic Ragdoll Force - Reduced Explosion Force

Realistic Death Physics - No Animations

Rain of Brass - Shell Casings

(Choose 1)Legendary Lamps - Lights Lamps Pipboy Overhaul OR                                       

(Choose 1)Pip-Boy Flashlight (Pipboy - Power Armor - Lamp Overhaul) 

World

Commonwealth Wilderness Overhaul

The Bleachers - A Diamond City Story

The Bleachers - A Diamond City Story - Texture

Better The Third Rail

Patches and Fixes

Immersive Animation Framework - Patch Repository - Heather Casadin

The Nuka Project and Immersive Animation Framework Patch

Inside Jobs - UFO4P Patch ESL

Weather and Lighting

NAC X - NATURAL AND ATMOSPHERIC COMMONWEALTH 10 - Legacy Edition

NAC X Fog Godray Tweaks

NAC X Rain Splash Killer

NAC X - NATURAL AND ATMOSPHERIC COMMONWEALTH TWEAKS 1.0.1

Ultra Interior Lighting

Ultra Exterior Lighting

Weapon and Armor Overrides

Look At Me - Triggermen Edition

Brotherhood Power Armor Overhaul 2.0

VWR - Vanilla Weapons Redone - Explosives

Useful Crank - Laser Musket doesn't require ammo

Bullet Counted Reload System (BCR) - Lever

Armors

Magnolia's Burlesque Outfit

Magnolia's Burlesque Outfit - Bodyslide Files

Secret Service Armor

Secret Service Armor CBBE bodyslide files

West Tek Tactical Optics - Night Vision Thermal Vision Goggles and More

West Tek Tactical Optics - Enhanced Targeting HUD

West Tek Tactical Optics MCM Patch (Hotkey)

NCR Ranger Veteran Armor

NCR Ranger Veteran Armor - Cruiser Fix

CBBE Highpoly NCR Ranger Veteran Armor

Sirius 12 Bodyslide Files

HN66s SIRIUS.16 Assault Armor -CBBE- and -SHB-

Sirius 16 Bodyslide Files

Sirius.16 Assault Armor CBBE Physics

Weapons

WWII Weapon Replacers - M1928A1 Thompson

Service Rifle Animation Fix

Bullpup Bozar

Bullpup Bozar Eotech Aim Misalignment Fix

The Zap Gun - a makeshift laser weapon

Weapons Project

Final

Previs Repair Pack

Fallout 4 HD Overhaul - LOD Textures for FO4LODGen

FO4LODGen-Resouces

Generated Lod Files                                                                        

CBBE Bodyslide Override Files

Edited by asebw
  • 7 months later...

Just tried the guide, the link for bodytalk is broken, address not found, I found it there : https://www.patreon.com/posts/bt3-57409311

but the big surprise is that it gives me a crash during the intro sequence, specifically when asked to go and play with the baby, it crashes exactly when the wife arrives and asks the player to activate the turning toy over the cradle... ! It took me quite a while to find the cause. Well disabling bodytalk fixes the crash, it's the obvious fix and I couldn't find any other way to make it work. Since I didn't install everything from the guide I am not 100% sure it's not something else, but I couldn't find anything else.

The page for bt3 says it depends on zex too, and the link for zex is also bad in the guide now (set to hidden in the nexus). But the bt3 page gives a new link for it. It says it has ocbpc as an optional requirement, so I installed it after hesitating, you know that if you install it after cbp like what the guide says then the dll is simply overwritten, + the ocbpc page says it's incompatible with cbp... ! Anyway since the dll is overwritten it's probably harmless, and it's not the cause of my crash here.

bodytalk has no plugin, it seems to just be a mesh issue then... I didn't try to generate the bodyslide files.

Anyway if someone has an idea to make this work, I kept a save just before the crash so it's very easy to test now... !

After some more testing, the crash comes from what is in Meshes\Armor\ArmyFatigues (from bodytalk)

If removing this directory from overwrite if generating the bodyslide files, and from bodytalk, then the rest can be activated. I'll have to test that some more without this directory then... !

Edited by zelurker

For the Additional Body Textures - Ghouls and more for CBBE and EVB , it's missing a body texture for the elderly, causing some ghouls to appear with missing textures. In the mod's post, one of the comments named Mode gave a fix for this: 

A quick and dirty fix is to just copy the, "FemaleBody_s.dds" from whatever CBBE texture you use, paste it into this mod's, "textures\Actors\Character\OldHumanFemale" folder, and rename the file to, "OldHumanFemaleBody_s.dds".

I encounter an issue when using Smokeable Cigars - Cigarettes - Joints - With HardCore Auto Save mod to smoke for auto save, it won't work if you wear scripted armors and from Backpacks of the Commonwealth, so you'll have to unequip your armor/backpacks then walk a little a bit ahead and then smoke the cigars/cigarrettes to do the auto save in hardcore mode

Coz i find out that once you unequip the armor/backpack and then smoke without walking next, the game won't save so you have to walk a bit first after you unequip and only then you smoke so the game will save

And finally, Scrap Everything's esp should be placed at the bottom of the plugin list to avoid CTDs, i found the solution from the posts in Buffout 4 mod

Edited by lunacy05
On 11/27/2021 at 5:56 PM, asebw said:

The biggest change is the inclusion of Luxor's8071's AIO HD overhaul, which helps not only pare down the list, but helps the game run a little better by taking many his textures out of the mod list, and placing then in the game's own files. Finally, along with the new textures, we have a working guide for generating LODs for Fallout 4, also courtesy of Luxor8071.

Removed

So I don't understand if the Luxor textures are included or removed, since the first page talks about them as a pre-installation, do we have to replace them in the game data folder or are they just for the creation of the LODs? (I'm not done with the modlist installation and ask first).

I confirm that ScrapEverything should be placed at the bottom of the list with the bugfix for Vault88, I have been using it for some time and if you want to avoid visual problems when you discard in settlements (for example the useless Jamaica Plain house) that is the position.

In previous playthroughs using the architecture of this modlist with the personal addition of nearly all compatible and working LL mods I have reduced the CTDs to a handful in hundreds of hours of play. Nice work once again.

6 hours ago, PariahOh said:

So I don't understand if the Luxor textures are included or removed, since the first page talks about them as a pre-installation, do we have to replace them in the game data folder or are they just for the creation of the LODs? (I'm not done with the modlist installation and ask first).

I confirm that ScrapEverything should be placed at the bottom of the list with the bugfix for Vault88, I have been using it for some time and if you want to avoid visual problems when you discard in settlements (for example the useless Jamaica Plain house) that is the position.

In previous playthroughs using the architecture of this modlist with the personal addition of nearly all compatible and working LL mods I have reduced the CTDs to a handful in hundreds of hours of play. Nice work once again.

I haven't gotten around to tweaking all the text yet because I'm looking at changing some other things around in the next update, hence why some of the legacy stuff hasn't been removed yet. 

To answer your question, you don't need the AIO texture packs if you are using luxor's AIO overhaul. Luxor's HD overhaul files contain everything that the AIO packs have plus some more extras. Use one or the other, though I have since stopped using the AIO mods in favour of the overhaul.

On a side note, which Vault 88 patch are you referring to? Currently testing a bunch of new stuff, and I don't recall anything for vault 88 off the top of my head.