Jump to content
asebw

Fallout 4 Beginner's Guide - A Mod List to Get You Started (V0.2 - beta)

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Twycross448 said:

@asebw

 

When installing additional mods on top of the ones from your guide (say, about 230 more mods 🥴 ), would you generally suggest loading them *after* your guide or mix them in between? I know it is hard to say for such a huge number of mods, but as a ballpark estimate? Most of the mods are either Workshop related (adding stuff to craft) or gameplay additons or changes, like player housing, Unlimited Follower Framework, Servitrons, Transfer Settlements, Genetical Father etc.

You can either add them to the bottom, or add them to sections with similar ones. UFF is going back in the list next update and can be placed with final along with transfer settlement (debating adding that one back on). Servitron can go in NPC and Creatures beside Ivy, while genetical father can go in the same place below the companion mods. 

 

The mod list is fairly flexible, so you shouldn't have too much trouble adding your own stuff to it. As long as you can identify the section where the mod should go, you usually shouldn't have much trouble. The only exception to this would be mods that require a number of other requirements. Those will often end up at the bottom, while more standalone overhauls will often end up at the top. Going to add more detail on that in the other sections once I get close to finalizing the list.

Share this post


Link to post

@asebw

 

Thank you for your input. I appreciate it. 🙂

 

One last question: Is the mod Boston FPS Fix aka BostonDT Previs-Precombine something one should add to the load list? Asking because I am unsure if the mod is considered outdated or not. (main mod download was last updated in june 2018)

 

 

EDIT:

 

Regarding the Fusion Girl body replacer. It was recently updated to version 1.61, but most of the clothing conversions for it you are linking are for older FG versions. You may wish to include a warning or note or whatever in your guide regarding this issue.

 

Quote from the FG support thread on the Nexus fora by user "TheBottomhoodofSteel" on june 14th, 2020:

Quote

Any previous clothing WILL NOT WORK WITH FG 1.61. This is intended and not a bug as the new version remapped and fixed numerous body issues. You will have to wait for ppl to redo their slider work to the fixed base body.

 

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, Twycross448 said:

@asebw

 

Thank you for your input. I appreciate it. 🙂

 

One last question: Is the mod Boston FPS Fix aka BostonDT Previs-Precombine something one should add to the load list? Asking because I am unsure if the mod is considered outdated or not. (main mod download was last updated in june 2018)

You'd be surprised at how old some of the good mods are. Depending on what they do, age doesn't make a difference. The looks mirror mod for example, has been around since 2016, and is still very usable. The same can be said for some of the patches and texture mods as well. The same cannot be said for the one patch, but i'll leave that for the next update. 

 

The boston DPS fix is on my test pile, albeit near the bottom atm since I'm got more pressing issues I want to get sorted out. This one though, is new to me (I think), and it looks like something that might be useful (assuming this is not the same as the other one I am thinking about atm). As for location, Since it's fixing/restoring precombined meshes altered by other mods, I would for now put this in the final section. It may be movable depending on what it's overwritting, but that will require testing. 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, asebw said:

You'd be surprised at how old some of the good mods are. Depending on what they do, age doesn't make a difference. The looks mirror mod for example, has been around since 2016, and is still very usable. The same can be said for some of the patches and texture mods as well. The same cannot be said for the one patch, but i'll leave that for the next update. 

 

The boston DPS fix is on my test pile, albeit near the bottom atm since I'm got more pressing issues I want to get sorted out. This one though, is new to me (I think), and it looks like something that might be useful (assuming this is not the same as the other one I am thinking about atm). As for location, Since it's fixing/restoring precombined meshes altered by other mods, I would for now put this in the final section. It may be movable depending on what it's overwritting, but that will require testing. 

I know. I specifically asked about the Boston DPS Fix mod because it heavily touches the Previsual/Precombined system of Fallout 4. And I know for a fact FO4 is very, very finnicky when it comes to that. So my train of thought was that it may not be a good idea to use newer mods and then overwrite possible changes they make with a "fix" mod that is older than the mods it is supposed to fix. ^_^"

 

But thanks again for your input. I appreciate it. 🙂

 

For now, I have stopped setting up FO4 anyways until the corresponding modders get their act together and update the clothing and armor conversions to the new Fusion Girl v1.61, which is reported to be incompatible with any version before it. ^_^"

Share this post


Link to post
30 minutes ago, Twycross448 said:

I know. I specifically asked about the Boston DPS Fix mod because it heavily touches the Previsual/Precombined system of Fallout 4. And I know for a fact FO4 is very, very finnicky when it comes to that. So my train of thought was that it may not be a good idea to use newer mods and then overwrite possible changes they make with a "fix" mod that is older than the mods it is supposed to fix. ^_^"

 

But thanks again for your input. I appreciate it. 🙂

 

For now, I have stopped setting up FO4 anyways until the corresponding modders get their act together and update the clothing and armor conversions to the new Fusion Girl v1.61, which is reported to be incompatible with any version before it. ^_^"

From what I am seeing, all the fix does is restore/replace what was there before the mods changed it. If you were running vanilla FO4 you wouldn't need it, but this mod is supposed to help the areas changed by mods run smoother. As for how it will react to newer mods, that really depends on what has been changed and how much it has changed. Hence why testing is required for a lot of this stuff. Sometimes all you can do is roll the dice and see what turns up.

 

I am admittedly a little curious to see what's going on with that. Currently working out of my cbbe build (mostly for stuff that does not have a FG conversion yet), so I hadn't noticed the latest kerfuffle. See how long it takes them to get it sort it out I guess.

 

As for finishing setting up, you can easily switch between FG and CBBE on the fly. Don't think there are any mods in the list that require FG on install. If you are using Mo2, you can setup one profile for FG, and one for CBBE (which is what I have for testing purposes). The only thing you REALLY need to do, is to package your FG and cbbe bodyslide output in separatly. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

The issue with Boston FPS fix is that in needs to be at the bottom of your mod load and some mods might be incompabible as they change things that later this replaces. There a new mod that do similar things FO4FI FPS Fix and have similar problems. This last one have some compatibility patches for some popular outdoor mods which rearange precombines and mak them compatible.

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Alazasthas said:

The issue with Boston FPS fix is that in needs to be at the bottom of your mod load and some mods might be incompabible as they change things that later this replaces. There a new mod that do similar things FO4FI FPS Fix and have similar problems. This last one have some compatibility patches for some popular outdoor mods which rearange precombines and mak them compatible.

Yeah, I still need to verify, but the Boston FPS fix is definetely overwriting some of beantown interior's changes. It may also be interfering with immersive and extended lexington, though that one seems to be having other issues as well. Still testing some areas on that one as well, though I don't seem to be having some of the problems other people have been having. 

 

Moving house this week, so hopefully I will be able to put another update out around the end of the week or this weekend. See how things go ><.

Share this post


Link to post

Is it maybe advisable to try to create a custom PreCombine Patch with the Creation Kit when one uses a lot of mods that influence precombines? According to FO4Edit, 63 of my 367 plugins (252 .esm/.esp and 115 .esl) contain edits to either cell or worldspace entries. (Not counting the official DLCs or CreationClub mods. With those, it would be 71 plugins which touch precombines.)

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/29/2020 at 10:24 PM, Twycross448 said:

Is it maybe advisable to try to create a custom PreCombine Patch with the Creation Kit when one uses a lot of mods that influence precombines? According to FO4Edit, 63 of my 367 plugins (252 .esm/.esp and 115 .esl) contain edits to either cell or worldspace entries. (Not counting the official DLCs or CreationClub mods. With those, it would be 71 plugins which touch precombines.)

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. Finally got my pc working after the move. 

 

Patching meshes is out of my depth at the moment. Part of the problem with that, is that not all mods are equal in that respect. Beantown interiors is actually very stable in terms of fps, at least from my own testing, while other mods, like Lexington interiors, can be more problematic some. Part of the problem too is also dependent on how strong your rig is I think. 

 

I think in this case, rather than a one patch fit all situation, maybe a guide on how to do the patch would be better, so that one can account for different mod lists. Might be something I look into down the road, we'll see if it becomes an issue.

 

Still need to do some testing in Lexington, hoping to get that done this weekend. See how things develop.

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/30/2020 at 3:24 AM, Twycross448 said:

Is it maybe advisable to try to create a custom PreCombine Patch with the Creation Kit when one uses a lot of mods that influence precombines? According to FO4Edit, 63 of my 367 plugins (252 .esm/.esp and 115 .esl) contain edits to either cell or worldspace entries. (Not counting the official DLCs or CreationClub mods. With those, it would be 71 plugins which touch precombines.)

This is a very easy mod to make and can have a big improvement on your game

This guide mite be of use to you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPENZq2ub1c  .

 

Share this post


Link to post

Update #4 - 2020-07-06

 

I am a little disapointed with myself that this update came out much later than I was shooting for, but moving house has a habit of throwing rather large wrenches into one's plans. But I digress. The big change this update is to the LL section. Aside from getting moved lower down, it's been completely overhauled, and is now free of the one patch (huzzah!). It's also been cut down to a more bare bones build, freeing up extra space in the mod list. Most of the animations will be moved to section #5 at a later date. Still good, still used in my own playthrough, just not all necessary for the purpose of this list. It's also had the added bonus of removing a few other CBBE mods that are no longer needed as requirements. Whether they will return, eh, probably note, but we'll see what happens.

 

Getting close to calling this v1 soon. Just need to check a few more mods, and to finish testing immersive and extended lexington, and south of the sea. And a bunch of other written stuff that needs to be added. Will start on that as soon as I get my ass-friendly computer chair back. 

 

 

Removed

 

Textures

 

Additional Body Textures                                                                                                 Both are no longer needed

Ghouls Revamped - EVB Male

 

Override

AlwaysaPerk                                                                                                                     A little too build specific for my liking. Might revisit later. 

 

Building

Immersive Coffee Mod 9000 GTX french roast                                                                I don't even drink coffee. In game or out.

 

Patches and Fixes

DLC Ammo                                                                                                                      Replaced with something Better

 

Lover's Lab

The One Patch to Bang Them All                                                                                    FINALLY GONE!

Modder's Resource                                                                                                         

An extra link to themes tags

50 Shades of Fallout 4

BP70's Fallout 4 Sex Anims

Farelle Animations for AAF

Crazy Animations - Gun Version

Four-Play Animations by Crazy

Four-Play Animations by Crazy - temporary Patch

Bad Ends Animation Pack

AAF Bondage Animations

AAF Creature Animations

AAF DLC creature animation pack

NSFW Sound pack

Vadermania [AAF Animations]

Patch For Animations (Squirt/Cum Effects, cum/tattoo overlays, stages, fixes)

Bade End: Purgatory

AAF Vanilla Fudge                                                                                                      This one has been acting strange lately

 

 

Added

 

Textures

(Choose 1)Boston Natural Surroundings

Sanctuary Hills - Repair and Cleanup                                                                        No more rain through the roof, even after I build on top of it -.-

 

UI

(Optional)ASO CBBE (Tribal Tattoos and Forged Bands)

 

Override

Distributed DLC Leveled Lists                                                                                   All your DLC integration in one place

 

Weather and Lighting

Vanilla Reflection Maps                                                                                           

 

Lover's Lab

Vioxsis' Strap-On's of Fallout 4                                                                                Needed to replace the one patch

(UAP) Ulfberth's AAF Patch - For MM Only                                                             Required for a number of fixes

Staged Leito Plus Erection Fix                                                                                  Required for a number of fixes

 

Final

Unlimited Companion Framework                                                                           

 

 

Other Changes

 

- Added a new part to section #5 about potentially problematic mods

- A bunch of editing to sections #1 and #4

 

 

Known Issues

 

Immersive and Extended Lexington: Still looking into the missing walls issues some people have reported with the newer versions of the mod. I'm not getting any yet, though I do not know if this is due to some of the mods I am testing, or my rig, or if i'm just one of the lucky ones.

 

South of The Sea: A new crops of issues popped up recently. Not too surprising since it is still in beta. Might replace it for now with just the CoA faction overhaul. Need to do some Testing in the glowing sea to see how bad it is.

 

Food and Recovery items not Working in Survival mode: Been running into an interesting issue lately where in some instances, consuming food, meds, and cigarettes/cigars doesn't do anything. Exting to the main menu and reloading the game solves it, but still irksome. So far only seems to be an issue with survival mode, but if anyone runs into something similar outside of survival, please do let me know.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...