Hello, I hope this is the right section =)

Every time I surrender or get defeated I get these messages and no subsequent animation:

[violation scene aborted]
[aaf onsceneinit status 4]

I am not an expert in the field, so I would like to know what I am doing wrong.

This is my load order:

viol.thumb.png.0f162e86f360aaa158ff486d0fff4f1c.png

10 hours ago, BeerHero said:

[aaf onsceneinit status 4]

Violate tried to start an animation but AAF returned an error.  `4` means that there are no animations available that run on the specified combination of actors and tags. 

Your mod list doesn't show any animation packs installed.  If you look at the FAQ section of Violate's download page, there is a list of recommended animation packs.

On 2/2/2020 at 3:27 AM, EgoBallistic said:

Violate tried to start an animation but AAF returned an error.  `4` means that there are no animations available that run on the specified combination of actors and tags. 

Your mod list doesn't show any animation packs installed.  If you look at the FAQ section of Violate's download page, there is a list of recommended animation packs.

Hi @BeerHero, I think I've installed all the animation packs but still got [violation scene aborted] and [aaf onsceneinit status 4] when I was auto defeated on low HP. 

But if i use hotkey to surrender, it won't have this problem and I can walk into the scene.

26138310_2020-03-14181937.png.dc33e5f3dee0c55a4803fb5b8e0cd276.png

I wanted to add to this that I am having the same issue. I managed to grab a debug screenshot, which is telling me that I have no FF animations installed. However, if I use AAF Sex Em' Up I can can absolutely access FF animations. Very perplexed by this and looking for advice. Thanks in advance.

AAF Violate no Animation.png

5 hours ago, Goldenratt said:

I wanted to add to this that I am having the same issue. I managed to grab a debug screenshot, which is telling me that I have no FF animations installed. However, if I use AAF Sex Em' Up I can can absolutely access FF animations. Very perplexed by this and looking for advice. Thanks in advance.

AAF Violate no Animation.png

Maybe because sex em up dont use aggressive tag for f_f scenes?

You can try my patch for animations or/and install some other animations packs, you will find links in topic

In fact, I don't quite understand why aff should have the concept of theme, which makes people familiar with skyrim feel confused. In skyrim, sexlab, mod, animation HKX, the relationship is very clear. Fallout 4's aff adds a theme to it, and then everything goes wrong.

9 hours ago, kziitd said:

In fact, I don't quite understand why aff should have the concept of theme, which makes people familiar with skyrim feel confused. In skyrim, sexlab, mod, animation HKX, the relationship is very clear. Fallout 4's aff adds a theme to it, and then everything goes wrong.

It shouldn't be assumed that new mods are trying to copy what was in Skyrim.

I'm not really sure what is confusing about themes?

On 5/5/2020 at 10:09 AM, dagobaking said:

It shouldn't be assumed that new mods are trying to copy what was in Skyrim.

I'm not really sure what is confusing about themes?

Many people are asking that the animation package has been installed, but the aaf does not play, or the mod triggers the animation according to its own mode, but the AAF does not play. Is the theme of fallout4 equivalent to slanimloader of skyrim? If there is no such framework in the game, then for people who are not familiar with XML editing, the perfection of theme can only wait for others to release patches, and another patch will fix the previous one again. Maybe it's my fault that there is a detailed tutorial about theme in some place.

2 hours ago, kziitd said:

Many people are asking that the animation package has been installed, but the aaf does not play, or the mod triggers the animation according to its own mode, but the AAF does not play.

A lot of people use the mod. There will always be a percentage of people that get stuck at some point and have questions. It's the same in Skyrim, FNIS, SL, gmail, salesforce, Amazon.com or any other software.

Is the theme of fallout4 equivalent to slanimloader of skyrim?

I'm not familiar with a "slanimloader" in Skyrim. Do you mean the animation loader built into SL? Or, perhaps it has changed since I used it?

As far as I know, there isn't an equivalent to AAF themes in Skyrim. Themes are a (optional) way to package config files for AAF meant to work for a specific type of play-through. It's basically a container concept and there are no rules about what type of config files would be included with a theme because that may vary a lot depending on what the author wants to achieve. AAF is not made specifically for adult mods. So, a user might make config files that cater to adult modding and package them as a theme for distribution.

If there is no such framework in the game, then for people who are not familiar with XML editing, the perfection of theme can only wait for others to release patches, and another patch will fix the previous one again.

Well yeah. You have to know how to use languages and tools to make or change mods. If you don't know and are unwilling to learn then yes, you have to wait for others to do it.

Consecutive patches was not a user flow that I intended or recommend. Ideally, the original authors can maintain config files so that patches aren't necessary. That model seems to work fine for Sims 4 animation packs.

Maybe it's my fault that there is a detailed tutorial about theme in some place.

From the home page of the AAF wiki: https://bitbucket.org/dagobaking/advanced-animation-framework/wiki/Guides/WhatIsAnAAFTheme

All of the XML involved is outlined in the wiki as well if you need more technical info.

4 hours ago, dagobaking said:

A lot of people use the mod. There will always be a percentage of people that get stuck at some point and have questions. It's the same in Skyrim, FNIS, SL, gmail, salesforce, Amazon.com or any other software.

I'm not familiar with a "slanimloader" in Skyrim. Do you mean the animation loader built into SL? Or, perhaps it has changed since I used it?

As far as I know, there isn't an equivalent to AAF themes in Skyrim. Themes are a (optional) way to package config files for AAF meant to work for a specific type of play-through. It's basically a container concept and there are no rules about what type of config files would be included with a theme because that may vary a lot depending on what the author wants to achieve. AAF is not made specifically for adult mods. So, a user might make config files that cater to adult modding and package them as a theme for distribution.

Well yeah. You have to know how to use languages and tools to make or change mods. If you don't know and are unwilling to learn then yes, you have to wait for others to do it.

Consecutive patches was not a user flow that I intended or recommend. Ideally, the original authors can maintain config files so that patches aren't necessary. That model seems to work fine for Sims 4 animation packs.

From the home page of the AAF wiki: https://bitbucket.org/dagobaking/advanced-animation-framework/wiki/Guides/WhatIsAnAAFTheme

All of the XML involved is outlined in the wiki as well if you need more technical info.

SLAnimLoad is not a built-in SL, but another mod. Players have a bunch of animations. Slal lets players decide which one to use and which one not to use inside the game. Then the internal settings of SL determine which one is voluntary and which one is aggressive.

After the author produced a bunch of HKX, SL wants to play, so the link between them is SLAL.

After the author of fallout 4 has produced a pile of HKX, AAF wants to play it, so the link between them is waiting  and learning

Is "SLAL" version of fallout possible?

13 hours ago, kziitd said:

After the author of fallout 4 has produced a pile of HKX, AAF wants to play it, so the link between them is waiting  and learning

This doesn't really seem accurate. All of the animation packs do work with AAF as the author made and tested them.

It only becomes more complicated if/when you are looking to add features or variations.

13 hours ago, kziitd said:

Is "SLAL" version of fallout possible?

It's definitely possible. In fact, there is an ongoing project where someone is building something along those lines. Not sure if it's exactly the same.

This doesn't really seem accurate. All of the animation packs do work with AAF as the author made and tested them.

It only becomes more complicated if/when you are looking to add features or variations.

In fact, I don't understand what the problem is. The current situation is that there are still many things between the animation package and AAF that strictly follow the order and version number, and they must be installed, otherwise, according to the content in the most influential guide post, the animation will not be effective.

It's definitely possible. In fact, there is an ongoing project where someone is building something along those lines. Not sure if it's exactly the same.

It's wonderful news~~

20 hours ago, kziitd said:

In fact, I don't understand what the problem is. The current situation is that there are still many things between the animation package and AAF that strictly follow the order and version number, and they must be installed, otherwise, according to the content in the most influential guide post, the animation will not be effective.

As far as I know all of the animation packs will work fine by themselves. Perhaps if you select options in the FOMOD or want additional features it requires more alignment. But, you can just install AAF and packs and see the animations.

3 hours ago, dagobaking said:

As far as I know all of the animation packs will work fine by themselves. Perhaps if you select options in the FOMOD or want additional features it requires more alignment. But, you can just install AAF and packs and see the animations.

Ah, I see. Indeed, AAF can be tested if it is only used as an "animation player".

Is there a problem between mod and AAF?

It seems that the current situation is that if mod wants to play animation normally, there must be a patch. Should the responsibility of the patch itself be borne by the mod author ? Now it's someone else doing it. So mod is upgrading, and another person needs to follow at any time.

1 hour ago, kziitd said:

Ah, I see. Indeed, AAF can be tested if it is only used as an "animation player".

Is there a problem between mod and AAF?

It seems that the current situation is that if mod wants to play animation normally, there must be a patch. Should the responsibility of the patch itself be borne by the mod author ? Now it's someone else doing it. So mod is upgrading, and another person needs to follow at any time.

The current animation packs do not need patches to work.  The only ones that need patching are old mods by Crazy, Farelle, and Vader.  For newer packs, the patches add features like cum overlays and non-gendered or MM/FF versions of MF animations.  These are not strictly necessary, but add nice optional features.  And Themes applies a standardized set of tags to all available animations for mod authors to use.

Animation pack authors could do all of these things themselves, of course, but they usually focus on making animations and the XML in their downloads provides the basic functionality for AAF to play them. 

Likewise, mod authors can include XML to do specific things.  I include tag XML in a couple of my mods, to ensure that specific animations will be handled a certain way, and I made an optional XML download for AAF Violate that creates "new" animations for Feral Ghouls by splitting an existing 3-on-1 animation into two 2-on-1 animations.

1 hour ago, EgoBallistic said:

The current animation packs do not need patches to work.  The only ones that need patching are old mods by Crazy, Farelle, and Vader.  For newer packs, the patches add features like cum overlays and non-gendered or MM/FF versions of MF animations.  These are not strictly necessary, but add nice optional features.  And Themes applies a standardized set of tags to all available animations for mod authors to use.

Animation pack authors could do all of these things themselves, of course, but they usually focus on making animations and the XML in their downloads provides the basic functionality for AAF to play them. 

Likewise, mod authors can include XML to do specific things.  I include tag XML in a couple of my mods, to ensure that specific animations will be handled a certain way, and I made an optional XML download for AAF Violate that creates "new" animations for Feral Ghouls by splitting an existing 3-on-1 animation into two 2-on-1 animations.

The label of animation, voluntary or aggressive, if AAF itself can be customized, is there so much trouble? It's like sexlab has its own menu to define the type of animation you think it's installed on. Mod is only responsible for playing it. If it doesn't play, it's because mod only looks for animation like invasion, and the responsibility lies in whether the player has set it up in advance.

I think since AAF itself can recognize all installed animations and test playback without any mod, is it possible to add another function to define "tag"?

On 5/8/2020 at 2:39 AM, kziitd said:

The label of animation, voluntary or aggressive, if AAF itself can be customized, is there so much trouble? It's like sexlab has its own menu to define the type of animation you think it's installed on. Mod is only responsible for playing it. If it doesn't play, it's because mod only looks for animation like invasion, and the responsibility lies in whether the player has set it up in advance.

AAF does the same. Others have done it the way they prefer. But, it's only marginally more difficult to update an XML than to look at an in-game menu. That's why there are so many patches. Everyone can easily figure out how to do it.

Maybe you should give it a try.

On 5/8/2020 at 2:39 AM, kziitd said:

I think since AAF itself can recognize all installed animations and test playback without any mod, is it possible to add another function to define "tag"?

You can add/change tags in the XML.

so how do i get it to work now?

i installed 4 different animation themes for aaf already but its always telling me "voilation scene aborted" and that there is no male-female theme installed..

is there like a special trick you have to do in order to install those themes correctly? because vortex seems to not be able to.

On 5/7/2020 at 1:57 AM, splendido0990 said:

Turns out everything works just fine. It's just that apparently none of the animations packs I installed had Male-male tags so I changed "ignore_animation_genders" to true in AAF settings.ini file and now it works :P Insert image from URL

where is this settings.ini?

all i find are random non-related files

i need help,right now i'm coverga beer factory,i try to surrender to the raiders there and appears some error and message violation aborted,i enter on admin in aaf and there is a lot of error but the same erro but many times (300) and something about '' warning (086) id morphyset ''ready'' not found '' '' warning (086) id morhpyset ''unready'' not found,i need your help to fix this,anyone know how to fix or can tell me how install this mod ? i used the nexus and add all aaf ( basic,vanilla,kinky) but i don't know the right order so i keep substing files when it ask.Sorry if my english is little broke,it's not my native language.

8 hours ago, mrsnobody232 said:

i need help,right now i'm coverga beer factory,i try to surrender to the raiders there and appears some error and message violation aborted,i enter on admin in aaf and there is a lot of error but the same erro but many times (300) and something about '' warning (086) id morphyset ''ready'' not found '' '' warning (086) id morhpyset ''unready'' not found,i need your help to fix this,anyone know how to fix or can tell me how install this mod ? i used the nexus and add all aaf ( basic,vanilla,kinky) but i don't know the right order so i keep substing files when it ask.Sorry if my english is little broke,it's not my native language.

follow this guide precisely and you will have the morphs