Problems with downloads

On the actual topic of downloading; devious devices expansion file. It never does download correctly. regardless of where I download this mod is is always corrupted, IS there a non rar version somewhere? This mod is crucial to everything of all the adult mods for skse. OR, alternately who do i have to have sex with to get a good copy?

I am attempting a manual install using the 00 core files and 01 CBBE body in the Skyrim data folder as instructed off Github via TheKimy from this person's update of three months ago. ...crossing my fingers and toes, which is hard with my shoes on.

29 minutes ago, mericus said:

On the actual topic of downloading; devious devices expansion file. It never does download correctly. regardless of where I download this mod is is always corrupted, IS there a non rar version somewhere? This mod is crucial to everything of all the adult mods for skse. OR, alternately who do i have to have sex with to get a good copy?

Are you talking about this:  https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/1305-devious-devices-expansion/

If so, I downloaded and extracted it with no issues.  It is a large file - 675megs.  You might try using a download manager.  It is a zip file.  Are you using 7zip to extract it?

• 2 weeks later...

I think i'll get crazy from this but it still gave me a good laugh. So when i try to download from the site, i just can't, the speed is limited around 50ko.s and it often come to fail but when i use an online anomyzer, it skyrocket to 700ko.s

I'm using Firefox, i'm living in France and i don't have any problem downloading except from here, when i use Nexus US servers i'm around 2mo.s and when it's european one i'm at 6-7 mo.s and it's the same for other download that are unraleted of lovelab or Nexus (from site like mega, uploaded, etc).

Anyone has any clue ? xd

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Site is extremely slow after entering "Home > Downloads > The Sims 4 >WickedWhims" . It's so slow, that downloading anything requires A LOT of patience and sometimes connection fails :confused: It's strange, cuz everything else is working just fine. I have tried Chrome, Firefox and Edge...

25 minutes ago, voso said:

Site is extremely slow after entering "Home > Downloads > The Sims 4 >WickedWhims" . It's so slow, that downloading anything requires A LOT of patience and sometimes connection fails :confused: It's strange, cuz everything else is working just fine. I have tried Chrome, Firefox and Edge...

I think it happens when you're browsing this website from somewhere else, not in the U.S. For me, I'm currently in Asia and it seems like my download speed is fine till around 9~10 GMT. So try download files around 4-5 GMT. It works for me.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Was just trying to grab some updates from sims 4 stuff and the download kept getting to zero then jumping back to nine, after it did this a dozen or so times it came up saying the website was temp banning me, presumably from the repeated auto attempts to download.   Just a heads up, hopefully it can be resolved. 

• 4 weeks later...

I am in the US. CDT. I am on Windows 10. I have tried Chrome, Edge, MSIE 11, Opera, and Firefox. I made sure all browsers were up to date. I have tried using Xtreme Download Manager. With the browsers, I get 5-10 MB and the download fails with a network error; resume functions restart the download. XDM returns the following error and won't even start: "XDM could not download the file as server sent an invalid response." I have been trying for two days to download at all hours of the day and night. I had no problem getting the HOTFIX, but the Framework itself simply will not complete.

15 hours ago, Elaura said:

I appreciate the response, but as I said, I am able to download other files. The HOTFIX on the same page, for instance.

WHAT TYPE OF CONNECTION DO YOU HAVE?  Until you answer that, there is nothing we can do for you.

Honestly. The type of connection is irrelevant. Using the user's connection as an excuse is ridiculous! You know there is something wrong with the download system and you refuse to fix it. If a user can download files on other sites with any freaking browser and/or any freaking ISP and/or any freaking connection speed, then the problem is with your site, not their browser, ISP, or connection speed.

While the modders here are wonderful and Ashal has made a whole new world possible, the excuses concerning downloads have been going on for years. STOP blaming the users!

Incidentally, I just downloaded the file. Clearly, not a problem on my end. Before you get your moderator panties in a twist, I troubleshoot internet connections for a living. If there is a 14 page thread concerning download problems, it's YOUR problem, not the consumers.

I am not sure of what you mean but ok for me it's adsl2+ but with a bad line I have at best 2MB of debit my average download rate is 220KO/s

As of the connection I have tried both wifi and CPL for no noticeable difference (wifi being a little more stable in my case). I don't have the possibility to try a real lan with my pc sadly

But it's not an issue between my box and my pc at the very least as I get comfortable transfer speed between me and the box's hard drive without deconnexion.

Also, I've had no deconnexion on other website with or without download managers (but here it's without anyway)

I'm on firefox, and I noted that if I download with anything other than edge I get the issue (I have chrome edge and firefox)

13 hours ago, Elaura said:

Honestly. The type of connection is irrelevant. Using the user's connection as an excuse is ridiculous! You know there is something wrong with the download system and you refuse to fix it. If a user can download files on other sites with any freaking browser and/or any freaking ISP and/or any freaking connection speed, then the problem is with your site, not their browser, ISP, or connection speed.

While the modders here are wonderful and Ashal has made a whole new world possible, the excuses concerning downloads have been going on for years. STOP blaming the users!

Incidentally, I just downloaded the file. Clearly, not a problem on my end. Before you get your moderator panties in a twist, I troubleshoot internet connections for a living. If there is a 14 page thread concerning download problems, it's YOUR problem, not the consumers.

Wow........I don't think I've ever seen such pointless hostility, mixed with sheer idiocy in quite a long time.  To say the connection is irrelevant is laughably nonsensical.  And since you "were" able to download the file.....and nothing here has changed......doesn't that solidly put the problem back on YOUR end?  

As to the 14 pages, it dates back to Feb of 2013, can you count that high?  Have you even bothered to read any of it?  We have had 3 forum software changes in that time.  And as to the whole, refuse to fix.......what is there to fix?  The forum software is what it is.  Ashal didn't create it, he bought it and does the best he can.  Sorry that isn't good enough for you.

7 hours ago, remois said:

I am not sure of what you mean but ok for me it's adsl2+ but with a bad line I have at best 2MB of debit my average download rate is 220KO/s

As of the connection I have tried both wifi and CPL for no noticeable difference (wifi being a little more stable in my case). I don't have the possibility to try a real lan with my pc sadly

But it's not an issue between my box and my pc at the very least as I get comfortable transfer speed between me and the box's hard drive without deconnexion.

Also, I've had no deconnexion on other website with or without download managers (but here it's without anyway)

I'm on firefox, and I noted that if I download with anything other than edge I get the issue (I have chrome edge and firefox)

Try the instructions here:  https://www.loverslab.com/topic/13724-problems-with-downloads/?do=findComment&comment=327663

• 2 months later...

Having problems downloading .rar files from one user. Everything else I download works fine... I have tried cleaning my cache, rebooting my computer, saving to two different drives... And I'm still have the same problem... Corrupted/unrecognised zip files.

2129621403_theproblem.png.de393e211920766779c59e1af8bdaba5.png

Here is a link to the download page, can someone try the .50kb tray file and see if it works, please??
 https://www.loverslab.com/topic/92145-hot-stories-of-my-sims/?page=10&tab=comments#comment-2233038

Thanks!

43 minutes ago, Rowen a said:

Having problems downloading .rar files from one user. Everything else I download works fine... I have tried cleaning my cache, rebooting my computer, saving to two different drives... And I'm still have the same problem... Corrupted/unrecognised zip files.

2129621403_theproblem.png.de393e211920766779c59e1af8bdaba5.png

Here is a link to the download page, can someone try the .50kb tray file and see if it works, please??
 https://www.loverslab.com/topic/92145-hot-stories-of-my-sims/?page=10&tab=comments#comment-2233038

Thanks!

I've even tried disabling HTTPS and still getting the same results. This is bugging the hell out of me!

I saved the rar files to a USB and opened them on another computer. For some reason that works. Which means it's 100% a problem at my end.
Strange thing about this problem is it's only the rar files I mentioned, and 4 more rooms by the same guy I can't get to work on my computer. Everything else is working fine...
So Problem persists but I found a work around...

• 1 month later...

Hey, 

since today, I think 1-2 hours ago, I get painfully slow download times on LL. I had to reinstall my whole Sims 4 - because I'm an idiot - and because of space problems, I deleted all mods to redownload, reinstall and maybe organize them better this time around. I downloaded 6-7 Mods (WickedWhims and stuff that belongs to it) which went fine. Not super-speedy, but fine. 

Now I'm at a point where I cannot even download animations, because 14MB take around half an hour. This is not a problem with my internet connection though, I get about 25-30 which is not awesome by all means, but it's decent enough. I never had a problem downloading animations in a matter of seconds. 

I've tried several browsers and several operating systems. Is there a problem at LL??

2 hours ago, JokainenKuusi said:

Hey, 

since today, I think 1-2 hours ago, I get painfully slow download times on LL. I had to reinstall my whole Sims 4 - because I'm an idiot - and because of space problems, I deleted all mods to redownload, reinstall and maybe organize them better this time around. I downloaded 6-7 Mods (WickedWhims and stuff that belongs to it) which went fine. Not super-speedy, but fine. 

Now I'm at a point where I cannot even download animations, because 14MB take around half an hour. This is not a problem with my internet connection though, I get about 25-30 which is not awesome by all means, but it's decent enough. I never had a problem downloading animations in a matter of seconds. 

I've tried several browsers and several operating systems. Is there a problem at LL??

Same problem for me.... extremly slow download speed on LL since yesterday and never had any problems before?..?.. Server problem ?

[edit UTC 15:00] problem apparently solved... 

• 2 months later...