Jump to content

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Sladen2019 said:

Have been playing this mod for a few days now, and must say I really love it.  In fact, I would say its my favorite prostitution mod and will be a must have for all future playthroughs.

I am looking forward to your next release. :)

I'm happy to hear you've enjoyed it so much :)

Link to post

A question about the Dawnstar quest line. Is the 2nd part not finished yet ? The one where the player character apparently has go Undercover ? It seems I am supposed to get a letter from Jod for it to start, but its been about 20 odd days so far and no letter. Speaking to him directly doesnt help either.

 

For the Windhelm license quest, I am sent to the Jarl but his only message is about joining the Stormcloaks, which Id rather not do at this point in the game. Is joining them a requirement ?

Link to post
11 hours ago, Sladen2019 said:

A question about the Dawnstar quest line. Is the 2nd part not finished yet ? The one where the player character apparently has go Undercover ? It seems I am supposed to get a letter from Jod for it to start, but its been about 20 odd days so far and no letter. Speaking to him directly doesnt help either.

 

For the Windhelm license quest, I am sent to the Jarl but his only message is about joining the Stormcloaks, which Id rather not do at this point in the game. Is joining them a requirement ?

The next part of the Dawnstar quest is not implemented. Technically, that second quest is, but if you do it then you'll be starting something that's not finished and where you can get into situations you can't get out of without the console. It will not start for that reason. When that's done, it will basically drop as a large piece all at once in a release. Are you seeing something about it in-game, or are you looking in the Creation Kit or SSEEdit?

 

It is not a requirement to join the Stormcloaks to get a license in Windhelm, though you cannot get one if you've joined the Imperials and Ulfric is still the Jarl. There are actually three completely different paths through the quest:

 

If you are unaffiliated in the civil war, the steward should send you to a Stormcloak camp, but you don't have to join the Stormcloaks.

 

If you are a Stormcloak, the steward should tell you to talk to Ulfric, who will send you on a quest to seduce an Imperial soldier.

 

If you are an Imperial, the steward should also tell you to talk to Ulfric, but it will not go well.

 

It should also handle you switching sides in the middle of all of this. For example, if you're an Imperial when you talk to Ulfric but you happen to have the Jagged Crown, you can give it to Ulfric to avoid the normal path of the Imperial and then switch to the Stormcloak path.

 

If you're not in one of these situations and the steward is still telling you to talk to Ulfric and the quest won't progress, it's entirely possible there's a bug. The Windhelm license quest is obscenely complicated from the implementation side, so it wouldn't surprise me if I missed something

Link to post
4 hours ago, ruddycray said:

The next part of the Dawnstar quest is not implemented. Technically, that second quest is, but if you do it then you'll be starting something that's not finished and where you can get into situations you can't get out of without the console. It will not start for that reason. When that's done, it will basically drop as a large piece all at once in a release. Are you seeing something about it in-game, or are you looking in the Creation Kit or SSEEdit?

 

It is not a requirement to join the Stormcloaks to get a license in Windhelm, though you cannot get one if you've joined the Imperials and Ulfric is still the Jarl. There are actually three completely different paths through the quest:

 

If you are unaffiliated in the civil war, the steward should send you to a Stormcloak camp, but you don't have to join the Stormcloaks.

 

If you are a Stormcloak, the steward should tell you to talk to Ulfric, who will send you on a quest to seduce an Imperial soldier.

 

If you are an Imperial, the steward should also tell you to talk to Ulfric, but it will not go well.

 

It should also handle you switching sides in the middle of all of this. For example, if you're an Imperial when you talk to Ulfric but you happen to have the Jagged Crown, you can give it to Ulfric to avoid the normal path of the Imperial and then switch to the Stormcloak path.

 

If you're not in one of these situations and the steward is still telling you to talk to Ulfric and the quest won't progress, it's entirely possible there's a bug. The Windhelm license quest is obscenely complicated from the implementation side, so it wouldn't surprise me if I missed something

Dawnstar - I had done some digging around in xEdit to see how to start the next part, but I didnt dig too much because I wanted to avoid spoilers. I didnt experience  anything about it in game. Looking forward to when its ready. :)

 

Windhelm - My character is not joined up with either side of the civil war. In my current game, my character has finished the main Alduin questline and the imperials/stormcloaks were each given half of the areas during the meeting with the Greybeards. It seems this issue is a bug.

Link to post
2 hours ago, Sladen2019 said:

Dawnstar - I had done some digging around in xEdit to see how to start the next part, but I didnt dig too much because I wanted to avoid spoilers. I didnt experience  anything about it in game. Looking forward to when its ready. :)

 

Windhelm - My character is not joined up with either side of the civil war. In my current game, my character has finished the main Alduin questline and the imperials/stormcloaks were each given half of the areas during the meeting with the Greybeards. It seems this issue is a bug.

Thanks for the report, then. I'll see if I can make it happen.

 

If you don't mind it would be helpful if you could run all of these console commands and tell me which quests are running and what stages they're on:

sqv tapqwindhelmlicense
sqv tapqwindhelmlicensesub1
sqv tapqwindhelmlicensesub2
sqv tapqwindhelmlicensesub3

 

Link to post
24 minutes ago, ruddycray said:

Thanks for the report, then. I'll see if I can make it happen.

 

If you don't mind it would be helpful if you could run all of these console commands and tell me which quests are running and what stages they're on:


sqv tapqwindhelmlicense
sqv tapqwindhelmlicensesub1
sqv tapqwindhelmlicensesub2
sqv tapqwindhelmlicensesub3

 

sqv tapqwindhelmlicense = item not found for parameter

sqv tapqwindhelmlicensesub1 and 2 and 3 = quest stages are all none.

 

Jorleif believes I have joined the Stormcloaks. I did talk to Rolof way at the beginning after Helgen and Rolof suggested I join them, which activated the Join the Rebellion quest. I did not join them though.

Link to post
1 hour ago, Sladen2019 said:

sqv tapqwindhelmlicense = item not found for parameter

sqv tapqwindhelmlicensesub1 and 2 and 3 = quest stages are all none.

 

Jorleif believes I have joined the Stormcloaks. I did talk to Rolof way at the beginning after Helgen and Rolof suggested I join them, which activated the Join the Rebellion quest. I did not join them though.

Hmm...the name of the quest is definitely TAPQWindhelmLicense so if it's saying not found then you might need to double-check that you typed it correctly. When you say quest stages are none do you mean 0 and the quests are stopped?

 

I will give it a try following Rolof at Helgen, though, just to see if it messes with factions in a way that will confuse the quest.

Link to post
17 minutes ago, ruddycray said:

Hmm...the name of the quest is definitely TAPQWindhelmLicense so if it's saying not found then you might need to double-check that you typed it correctly. When you say quest stages are none do you mean 0 and the quests are stopped?

 

I will give it a try following Rolof at Helgen, though, just to see if it messes with factions in a way that will confuse the quest.

I made a mistake on my earlier attempt with  sqv TAPQWindhelmLicense, by putting the word sub at the end of it.

Tried again and it says:

Quest State

Enabled? Yes

State Running

Current Stage 10

Prioroity 60

Its at the point where it wants me to talk to the steward Jorleif first.

 

For sub1 sub2 sub3 -

Quest State

Enabled? No

State Stopped

Current Stage 0

Priority 0

Link to post
18 minutes ago, Sladen2019 said:

I made a mistake on my earlier attempt with  sqv TAPQWindhelmLicense, by putting the word sub at the end of it.

Tried again and it says:

Quest State

Enabled? Yes

State Running

Current Stage 10

Prioroity 60

Its at the point where it wants me to talk to the steward Jorleif first.

 

For sub1 sub2 sub3 -

Quest State

Enabled? No

State Stopped

Current Stage 0

Priority 0

OK thanks. So the line he's saying is this one?

 

"Normally, I would handle that, but since you've joined the Stormcloaks, you'll need to speak directly to Ulfric about that."

 

Can you also check these:

player.getfactionrank 2bf9a
player.getfactionrank 2bf9b

If you haven't joined a side, they should both be negative.

 

The conditions on the unaffiliated dialogue are:

GetPCIsSex Female
GetStage TAPQWindhelmLicense >= 5
GetStage TAPQWindhelmLicense <= 10
Player.GetInFaction CWSonsFaction is False
Player.GetInFaction CWImperialFaction is false
You're talking to Jorleif

We know from what you posted that the stage is 10, so that's not the problem. The next two console commands I asked you to run will check whether you're in any of those factions. I'm assuming you're not playing as a male, but if you are let me know.

Link to post
11 minutes ago, ruddycray said:

OK thanks. So the line he's saying is this one?

 

"Normally, I would handle that, but since you've joined the Stormcloaks, you'll need to speak directly to Ulfric about that."

 

Can you also check these:


player.getfactionrank 2bf9a
player.getfactionrank 2bf9b

If you haven't joined a side, they should both be negative.

 

The conditions on the unaffiliated dialogue are:


GetPCIsSex Female
GetStage TAPQWindhelmLicense >= 5
GetStage TAPQWindhelmLicense <= 10
Player.GetInFaction CWSonsFaction is False
Player.GetInFaction CWImperialFaction is false
You're talking to Jorleif

We know from what you posted that the stage is 10, so that's not the problem. The next two console commands I asked you to run will check whether you're in any of those factions. I'm assuming you're not playing as a male, but if you are let me know.

"Normally, I would handle that, but since you've joined the Stormcloaks, you'll need to speak directly to Ulfric about that."

Yes thats the line Jorleif says.

 

Player.getfactionrank 2bf9a gives 1.00

Player.getfactionrank 2bf9b gives 0.00

 

I dont know why it says 1.00 for 2bf9a. Maybe not picking a side, and answering the questions in a specific way during the negotiations with the Greybeards changed it.

 

Under my Misc Quests, I still have both "Join the Imperial Legion" and "Join the Stormcloak Rebellion" active.

 

My character is an Imperial Female and not a custom race.

Link to post
47 minutes ago, Sladen2019 said:

"Normally, I would handle that, but since you've joined the Stormcloaks, you'll need to speak directly to Ulfric about that."

Yes thats the line Jorleif says.

 

Player.getfactionrank 2bf9a gives 1.00

Player.getfactionrank 2bf9b gives 0.00

 

I dont know why it says 1.00 for 2bf9a. Maybe not picking a side, and answering the questions in a specific way during the negotiations with the Greybeards changed it.

 

Under my Misc Quests, I still have both "Join the Imperial Legion" and "Join the Stormcloak Rebellion" active.

 

My character is an Imperial Female and not a custom race.

That's really weird, because that means you're in both the CWImperialFaction and the CWSonsFaction. If you weren't in the faction, it would give you something like -1 or -2.

 

I may have to do some investigation to figure out if there was a way to get into those factions that I missed.

 

I just tried a new character and followed Ralof, and Jorleif didn't act like I was a Stormcloak. He gave me the neutral quest.

 

If you just want to force your way past it, you should be able to just do setstage tapqwindhelmlicense 200 and then talk to Ulfric (though again there's something weird if it doesn't go to stage 200 after you talk to Jorleif). He should act like you're a Stormcloak and make you do that path through the quest, but there should be no other consequences.

Link to post

After talking to Jorleif, doing sqv tapqwindhelmlicense does return 200.

 

I will just use the console command that you posted to progress. :)

 

Edit. It seems I can still do the license quest without actually joining the Stormclaoks. If I tell Ulfic that Ralof sent me,  he will say to talk to Galmar. I can then talk to Ulfric again and the license option will come up..

Link to post
20 minutes ago, Sladen2019 said:

After talking to Jorleif, doing sqv tapqwindhelmlicense does return 200.

 

I will just use the console command that you posted to progress. :)

 

Edit. It seems I can still do the license quest without actually joining the Stormclaoks. If I tell Ulfic that Ralof sent me,  he will say to talk to Galmar. I can then talk to Ulfric again and the license option will come up..

Ah, ok. It is normal to have to talk to Ulfric once and answer something he asks you before other dialogue is available - that's a vanilla thing. I guess I've just gotten used to it and didn't notice it anymore. I might be able to do something about that, but it would require me to touch vanilla stuff, which I try not to do if I don't have to. 

 

Edit: That said, you should have had to talk to Ulfric to become a Stormcloak, so it's still weird that it thinks you are one before you've ever talked to him. I will still look into that and see if I misunderstood how the game tracks your affiliation.

Link to post
21 minutes ago, ruddycray said:

Ah, ok. It is normal to have to talk to Ulfric once and answer something he asks you before other dialogue is available - that's a vanilla thing. I guess I've just gotten used to it and didn't notice it anymore. I might be able to do something about that, but it would require me to touch vanilla stuff, which I try not to do if I don't have to. 

 

Edit: That said, you should have had to talk to Ulfric to become a Stormcloak, so it's still weird that it thinks you are one before you've ever talked to him. I will still look into that and see if I misunderstood how the game tracks your affiliation.

Yeah I agree. Better to not touch vanilla stuff. If there is something wrong with the affiliation, hopefully you can figure it out. :)  I  wouldnt try too much though, unless someone else reports it also. Maybe its just something specific to my game and mods and all.

Link to post

For the Origin Story quest, I got the Kelda Volume 1 Book and I am apparently supposed to get Volume 2 from Urag gro-Shub. The quest marker points to him, but when I talk to him, he doesnt have any dialogue related to the quest. Its not implemented yet ?

 

For Inns added by mods, how would I go about adding support for your mod ? I am aware that if I leave the inn, I could get a bounty. I'd be happy just to have her work in the Inn alone. Just add the Innkeeper to a faction maybe ?

 

Link to post
1 hour ago, Sladen2019 said:

For the Origin Story quest, I got the Kelda Volume 1 Book and I am apparently supposed to get Volume 2 from Urag gro-Shub. The quest marker points to him, but when I talk to him, he doesnt have any dialogue related to the quest. Its not implemented yet ?

Yeah, it's not implemented yet

Link to post
5 hours ago, Sladen2019 said:

For the Origin Story quest, I got the Kelda Volume 1 Book and I am apparently supposed to get Volume 2 from Urag gro-Shub. The quest marker points to him, but when I talk to him, he doesnt have any dialogue related to the quest. Its not implemented yet ?

Yeah, I meant to make that inaccessible, but I didn't bother with making another build after I realized the quest was still starting.

Quote

For Inns added by mods, how would I go about adding support for your mod ? I am aware that if I leave the inn, I could get a bounty. I'd be happy just to have her work in the Inn alone. Just add the Innkeeper to a faction maybe ?

The only requirement should be that you are talking to someone who is in the faction JobInnkeeperFaction. They should also have RentRoomScript or whatever it's called attached to them. Just look at the vanilla innkeepers if you're trying to implement this yourself.

 

If you want to avoid a bounty for leaving the inn, then the overall Location where the inn appears (the city, town, or whatever) needs to have the keyword LocTypeHabitation on it. If you're talking a small roadside inn or something, the "habitation" may be no further than the grounds of the inn itself, but it can at least prevent you from getting a bounty just for walking out the door.

Link to post

 

21 hours ago, ruddycray said:

Yeah, I meant to make that inaccessible, but I didn't bother with making another build after I realized the quest was still starting.

The only requirement should be that you are talking to someone who is in the faction JobInnkeeperFaction. They should also have RentRoomScript or whatever it's called attached to them. Just look at the vanilla innkeepers if you're trying to implement this yourself.

 

If you want to avoid a bounty for leaving the inn, then the overall Location where the inn appears (the city, town, or whatever) needs to have the keyword LocTypeHabitation on it. If you're talking a small roadside inn or something, the "habitation" may be no further than the grounds of the inn itself, but it can at least prevent you from getting a bounty just for walking out the door.

Ok good to know. In the mod Midwood Isle, I tried adding the JobInnKeeperFaction to the right NPC in the inn in the city of Florin and it worked perfectly. :) I took a look in SSEEdit at the mod and it already has the right keyword LocTypeHabitation already also. :)

Link to post

Like what you are doing in this mod. Just began playing Skyrim SE a month ago and found your mod (version 0.4) a day or two ago. I installed it and encountered Vanikseth per the normal way. He stubbornly won't move from his spawn spot after telling me to follow him. I've waited for over a half hour so far. I tried different dialog paths to get him to tell me to follow him but they all seem to arrive at the same endpoint. I think he isn't going to budge. Is there a setting I might have inadvertently set that prevents him from "jumping" to the next spot on his route? Thanks for any insight you might have.

Link to post
1 hour ago, Orknee1 said:

Like what you are doing in this mod. Just began playing Skyrim SE a month ago and found your mod (version 0.4) a day or two ago. I installed it and encountered Vanikseth per the normal way. He stubbornly won't move from his spawn spot after telling me to follow him. I've waited for over a half hour so far. I tried different dialog paths to get him to tell me to follow him but they all seem to arrive at the same endpoint. I think he isn't going to budge. Is there a setting I might have inadvertently set that prevents him from "jumping" to the next spot on his route? Thanks for any insight you might have.

If you have mods that changes the inn (if I remember correctly, he is located there) or the path to his secret lair, he could get stuck.

Link to post
5 hours ago, Orknee1 said:

Like what you are doing in this mod. Just began playing Skyrim SE a month ago and found your mod (version 0.4) a day or two ago. I installed it and encountered Vanikseth per the normal way. He stubbornly won't move from his spawn spot after telling me to follow him. I've waited for over a half hour so far. I tried different dialog paths to get him to tell me to follow him but they all seem to arrive at the same endpoint. I think he isn't going to budge. Is there a setting I might have inadvertently set that prevents him from "jumping" to the next spot on his route? Thanks for any insight you might have.

If he's said "Follow me" and then just stands there, then he can't find a path to get to where he needs to go. The quest stage if you check it with the console (getstage tapqwinterholdextra) should be 30.

 

It's possible other mods could be interfering. If you forcibly move him out of the inn with the console, does he start walking? You might try a few different spots to teleport him to. His workroom is near Saarthal, so if you head in that direction and teleport him he might start moving.

 

I have a bug where I was going to consider moving his workroom closer. I think I need to move it because of a few pathing errors, anyway, but if it's a mod then there isn't much I'll be able to do about it. I just tried it myself to make sure I didn't break something in 0.4, because you're not the only person to report this, and he goes to his workroom without any issues.

Link to post
13 hours ago, ruddycray said:

If he's said "Follow me" and then just stands there, then he can't find a path to get to where he needs to go. The quest stage if you check it with the console (getstage tapqwinterholdextra) should be 30.

 

It's possible other mods could be interfering. If you forcibly move him out of the inn with the console, does he start walking? You might try a few different spots to teleport him to. His workroom is near Saarthal, so if you head in that direction and teleport him he might start moving.

 

I have a bug where I was going to consider moving his workroom closer. I think I need to move it because of a few pathing errors, anyway, but if it's a mod then there isn't much I'll be able to do about it. I just tried it myself to make sure I didn't break something in 0.4, because you're not the only person to report this, and he goes to his workroom without any issues.

Yeah, you called it: tapqwinterholdextra == 30

 

I found that he started walking again immediately after I paid the steward the five hundred bones for the license. This transaction was on the inn porch and the mage simply popped outside.

 

I did several more tests to isolate conflicts:

1 Starting a new game with the 5 vanilla modules from Bethesda, USSEP, SKYUI, TAP and the required SL, it works great.

2 Started a new game adding the almost hundred other mods but without AS - LAL, and the inn interior pathing bug was present.

3 New game started after *also* disabling Weapons Armor Clothing and Clutter Fixes and associated patches and Scoped Bows which is dependent on WACCF for some reason and the ScopedBows_Bijin patch. Pathing out of the inn worked.

4 New game after adding AS - LAL but still without WACCF] (and its dependencies below) and pathing worked.

 

The WACCF patches I use include the WACCF CBBE patch, WACCF_SneakTools patch, Qw_WACCF_CRF patch, and Qw_WACCF_RSChildren Patch. (The Qw patches are from QUASIPC - Qwinn's Unified Automated Self Installing Patch Compendium.)

 

An additional observation: Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul turns the kinky Necromancer into a coward. Any fight he gets involved in (wolves) makes him cower and appears to break his routing as he doesn't seem to recover from a repeated cower animation. (TAPQWinterholdExtra == 31)  I could chat with him and he seems OK (dialog "knows" it is safe to talk and that he isn't in his workshop) but he continued to cower in place. He also cowers during the zombie attack in the workshop and once the zombie is dead (again) he can continue with the quest's additional hundred $ reward option.

Link to post
9 hours ago, Orknee1 said:

Yeah, you called it: tapqwinterholdextra == 30

 

I found that he started walking again immediately after I paid the steward the five hundred bones for the license. This transaction was on the inn porch and the mage simply popped outside.

 

I did several more tests to isolate conflicts:

1 Starting a new game with the 5 vanilla modules from Bethesda, USSEP, SKYUI, TAP and the required SL, it works great.

2 Started a new game adding the almost hundred other mods but without AS - LAL, and the inn interior pathing bug was present.

3 New game started after *also* disabling Weapons Armor Clothing and Clutter Fixes and associated patches and Scoped Bows which is dependent on WACCF for some reason and the ScopedBows_Bijin patch. Pathing out of the inn worked.

4 New game after adding AS - LAL but still without WACCF] (and its dependencies below) and pathing worked.

 

The WACCF patches I use include the WACCF CBBE patch, WACCF_SneakTools patch, Qw_WACCF_CRF patch, and Qw_WACCF_RSChildren Patch. (The Qw patches are from QUASIPC - Qwinn's Unified Automated Self Installing Patch Compendium.)

 

An additional observation: Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul turns the kinky Necromancer into a coward. Any fight he gets involved in (wolves) makes him cower and appears to break his routing as he doesn't seem to recover from a repeated cower animation. (TAPQWinterholdExtra == 31)  I could chat with him and he seems OK (dialog "knows" it is safe to talk and that he isn't in his workshop) but he continued to cower in place. He also cowers during the zombie attack in the workshop and once the zombie is dead (again) he can continue with the quest's additional hundred $ reward option.

Thank you for the info. I'll see if I can figure something out from that.

 

Stage 31 just means you talked to him about the job, so shouldn't affect his pathing.

 

I may have to investigate the AI Overhaul mod, though if it does anything too crazy I don't know how much I'll be able to do about it. I made Vanikseth level 20 and gave him a pretty good array of powerful spells so that he could take care of the wolves if you follow him as a low-level character. The Nord in his workroom is level 1. I've only read over the documentation a bit, but I don't see anything that makes it obvious why he would cower like that. To be honest, I don't know that I'll be able to devote much time to figuring out an overhaul mod's behavior, so I'm not going to promise anything.

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...