13 hours ago, excidium93 said:

is there any estimate for the next update? I'm itching for an new playthrough but I'd like to wait for your mod to be updated :)

Within the next week or two. I've made some changes that have disturbed some existing functionality and I have to get that back to being stable again, but I'll release once that's done.

19 hours ago, ruddycray said:

There is not now. I probably will do it eventually, but I don't have an estimate for when right now. I have little to no interest in some of those types of animations myself, which makes it more difficult for me to write dialogue for it that sounds natural to me. That's not to say I won't be doing it, just that it is more effort than it might sound like.

Thank you, and I perfectly understand. Simply hearing that it's planned somewhere down the line makes me very happy. I'll look forward to it! ?

Edited by Shaoram

Hmm the quest "Restraint of Trade" didn't work quite right for me, I talk with the Khajit and got the quest where I have to go meet him in the forest at 10PM which I did, but he has nothing to say, Benjen also didn't have any dialog to further the quest either, despite having a quest marker on him. Any help?

3 hours ago, ecobotstar said:

Hmm the quest "Restraint of Trade" didn't work quite right for me, I talk with the Khajit and got the quest where I have to go meet him in the forest at 10PM which I did, but he has nothing to say, Benjen also didn't have any dialog to further the quest either, despite having a quest marker on him. Any help?

Check what stage the quest is on with getstage TAPQBenjen01. If it's on 40, then it may be that he's wandered too far from where he's supposed to meet you.

7 hours ago, ruddycray said:

Check what stage the quest is on with getstage TAPQBenjen01. If it's on 40, then it may be that he's wandered too far from where he's supposed to meet you.

Thanks, but I think there might be something wrong with my combination of mods or something, it's seems like some NPC doesn't have dialog where they supposed to, (like the previous ghost girl quest no one in Ivarstead have any dialog abut the dad) I tried messing around with the console commands and got pass the have sex with the Khajit stage and got his invisible nord friend showing up but they just standing there, not talking so I set the stages until I finished the quest lol. My Vanikseth quests was running perfectly though.

40 minutes ago, ecobotstar said:

Thanks, but I think there might be something wrong with my combination of mods or something, it's seems like some NPC doesn't have dialog where they supposed to, (like the previous ghost girl quest no one in Ivarstead have any dialog abut the dad) I tried messing around with the console commands and got pass the have sex with the Khajit stage and got his invisible nord friend showing up but they just standing there, not talking so I set the stages until I finished the quest lol. My Vanikseth quests was running perfectly though.

It's definitely possible other mods could interfere with something. If this is a reproducible problem, it would be helpful if you could tell me what stage it's on when it gets stuck. I can't guarantee I can make it compatible with everything, but sometimes things that break are because I wrote them when I was a much less experienced modder.

8 hours ago, ruddycray said:

It's definitely possible other mods could interfere with something. If this is a reproducible problem, it would be helpful if you could tell me what stage it's on when it gets stuck. I can't guarantee I can make it compatible with everything, but sometimes things that break are because I wrote them when I was a much less experienced modder.

For this quest, it got stuck on the stage when you have to go find the Khajiit in the forest outside Riften, but the journal entry suggest you should talk to Benjen first, there are two quest markers for both of them, one on Benjen and one for the area in the forest where the Khajiit is. I can find both of them but they have nothing to say. I have the synthetic voice for this mod installed, but I don't know if that's the cause.

33 minutes ago, ecobotstar said:

For this quest, it got stuck on the stage when you have to go find the Khajiit in the forest outside Riften, but the journal entry suggest you should talk to Benjen first, there are two quest markers for both of them, one on Benjen and one for the area in the forest where the Khajiit is. I can find both of them but they have nothing to say. I have the synthetic voice for this mod installed, but I don't know if that's the cause.

I mean what stage number specifically. Use getstage TAPQBenjen01 to find it. Otherwise I can only guess what state the quest is in.

1 hour ago, fyredraken said:

For some reason I'm stuck in a status of entertaining someone. I can't have a relation with anyone else unless I use deadly seduce. How can it complete this so I can have relations with other people?

Can you answer these questions for me:

• How did you start?
  • What dialogue did you pick?
  • Where are you?
  • Does this happen every time?
2 hours ago, ecobotstar said:

I got GetStage>> 998.00

It's 998 when you go into the woods to meet Rudhiir? I have 998 meaning that you've done something to blow your cover.

There are three ways I know of to do that:

1. Tell Keerava you already have a license right in front of Rudhiir
  2. Refuse to have sex with the client Rudhiir brings for you
  3. Leave the area before having sex with the client Rudhiir brings for you
Edited by ruddycray
9 hours ago, ruddycray said:

It's 998 when you go into the woods to meet Rudhiir? I have 998 meaning that you've done something to blow your cover.

There are three ways I know of to do that:

1. Tell Keerava you already have a license right in front of Rudhiir
  2. Refuse to have sex with the client Rudhiir brings for you
  3. Leave the area before having sex with the client Rudhiir brings for you

I don't think I did any of that tho, we'll see if I can get through TAPQBenjen02 and report back.

2 hours ago, ecobotstar said:

I don't think I did any of that tho, we'll see if I can get through TAPQBenjen02 and report back.

The more details you can provide the better. If you can tell me everything you did from the start of the quest on I can try it myself. And of course if this happens every time it's important that you tell me what stage it's on when you first go to the forest.

I've searched and don't see any other conditions that could make the quest get to stage 998. Did your dialogue with Rudhiir get interrupted or anything?

1 hour ago, ruddycray said:

The more details you can provide the better. If you can tell me everything you did from the start of the quest on I can try it myself. And of course if this happens every time it's important that you tell me what stage it's on when you first go to the forest.

I've searched and don't see any other conditions that could make the quest get to stage 998. Did your dialogue with Rudhiir get interrupted or anything?

Well, after I flawlessly finished the Riften prostitution license quest, I talk to benjen and showed him the license, then the quest Restraint of Trade start out normally, but it was quite late and Rudhiir wasn't in the bar, what I think I did was I talked to the female argonian bar owner first before Rudhiir was there, and asked to work in her inn, but I didn't choose the dialog where you complain about the middleman fee, because Rudhiir wasn't there yet, the bar owner did say something like "you suppose to say what Benjen tells you to" but then again, I didn't because Rudhiir wasn't there, so after that, I wait a day. (I also edited the global gametime to be much slower than vanilla), when Rudhiir comes I used the dialog as Benjen instructed, and Rudhiir come to talk to me afterward, told me to meet him in the forest at night, so I go and do other quest until the night time and went to meet him at the quest marker in the forest. That's when the quest can't progress forward for me, because when I interact with Rudhiir he only say "I have nothing to say to you"

10 hours ago, ecobotstar said:

Well, after I flawlessly finished the Riften prostitution license quest, I talk to benjen and showed him the license, then the quest Restraint of Trade start out normally, but it was quite late and Rudhiir wasn't in the bar, what I think I did was I talked to the female argonian bar owner first before Rudhiir was there, and asked to work in her inn, but I didn't choose the dialog where you complain about the middleman fee, because Rudhiir wasn't there yet, the bar owner did say something like "you suppose to say what Benjen tells you to" but then again, I didn't because Rudhiir wasn't there, so after that, I wait a day. (I also edited the global gametime to be much slower than vanilla), when Rudhiir comes I used the dialog as Benjen instructed, and Rudhiir come to talk to me afterward, told me to meet him in the forest at night, so I go and do other quest until the night time and went to meet him at the quest marker in the forest. That's when the quest can't progress forward for me, because when I interact with Rudhiir he only say "I have nothing to say to you"

At what point in the quest does the objective appear telling you to talk to Benjen again?

So far, I have not been able to make this happen the way you've described.

12 hours ago, ruddycray said:

At what point in the quest does the objective appear telling you to talk to Benjen again?

So far, I have not been able to make this happen the way you've described.

As I've said, it's probably this mod conflicting with over 700 mods I have active :D But I don't know what mod, and I don't really want to find out by disabling mods one by one lol.
As for
what point in the quest does the objective appear telling you to talk to Benjen again, it's exactly the same time as when you have to go meet Rudiihr in the forest, it two quest markers at the same time. Right after I talk with Rudiihr at the inn.

10 hours ago, ecobotstar said:

As I've said, it's probably this mod conflicting with over 700 mods I have active :D But I don't know what mod, and I don't really want to find out by disabling mods one by one lol.
As for
what point in the quest does the objective appear telling you to talk to Benjen again, it's exactly the same time as when you have to go meet Rudiihr in the forest, it two quest markers at the same time. Right after I talk with Rudiihr at the inn.

I understand, but sometimes problems like this expose a rare bug that other people might also run into. There have been several since I first released the mod where someone described a problem that was definitely caused by a mod interaction that I couldn't make happen myself. Then one day I did see it happen with the right other mod installed, and it was something I could do something about once I actually made the problem happen myself.

Do you mean that it immediately tells you to talk to Benjen? As in, it displays "Meet Rudhiir in the woods southwest of Riften at night" and "Speak to Benjen Black-Briar", one right after the other?

sometimes you'll you have to slowly go through all the mods to find out which one is causing the problems. What I do is deactivate all of them and activate 1-2 mods and then look. Exit and activate another 2 and look again and just keep going till the problem is solved.

3 hours ago, ruddycray said:

I understand, but sometimes problems like this expose a rare bug that other people might also run into. There have been several since I first released the mod where someone described a problem that was definitely caused by a mod interaction that I couldn't make happen myself. Then one day I did see it happen with the right other mod installed, and it was something I could do something about once I actually made the problem happen myself.

Do you mean that it immediately tells you to talk to Benjen? As in, it displays "Meet Rudhiir in the woods southwest of Riften at night" and "Speak to Benjen Black-Briar", one right after the other?

Yes exactly, I'll try to screenshot it for you!

16 hours ago, Clea Strange said:

sometimes you'll you have to slowly go through all the mods to find out which one is causing the problems. What I do is deactivate all of them and activate 1-2 mods and then look. Exit and activate another 2 and look again and just keep going till the problem is solved.

It do be like that sometimes T.T

Edited by ecobotstar

There really needs to be alternate paths for some of these quests, or at least an option to decline? Benjen is way too much of an ass with to steep a penalty for me to agree, which is fine as far as the mod goes, but at least give players an out? I bashed his skull in but he's not killable, and the quest will just be stuck in my journal forever now :(

Appreciate the work on the mod of course! But, hopefully you can implement a way to decline some of these quests in the future.

1 hour ago, Frankyc33 said:

There really needs to be alternate paths for some of these quests, or at least an option to decline? Benjen is way too much of an ass with to steep a penalty for me to agree, which is fine as far as the mod goes, but at least give players an out? I bashed his skull in but he's not killable, and the quest will just be stuck in my journal forever now :(

Appreciate the work on the mod of course! But, hopefully you can implement a way to decline some of these quests in the future.

You missed the part where you can buy your way out

On 7/2/2022 at 6:18 PM, Frankyc33 said:

I don't know what quest you're talking about specifically. The option to quit Benjen is something like "I don't want to work for you anymore." You can't be in the middle of one of his quests though.