11 hours ago, ruddycray said:

I'm not officially supporting LE, but it's also possible you're seeing a bug that the supported version would have, too. :)

That actually sounds like the quest can't start for some reason. You can check whether it is even running with:

sqv tapqwhiterunlicense

I assume Proventus is still living, since you're trying to talk to him, but do you happen to know if Brill has been killed in your save? Looking at the quest, I think if either Proventus or Brill is dead then the quest will not be able to start.

If you're not sure, you can check with:

prid 1a6a3
getdead

If you find that Brill is in fact dead in your save, I would appreciate letting me know. If he is, and you want to test if that's where the problem is, then you could try doing this and letting me know if it works:

prid 1a6a3
resurrect
setstage tapqwhiterunlicense 10

If that works, you could either leave Brill resurrected and proceed with the quest, or you can reload a save and may still be able to cheat a little bit to get the license. Replacing xx with the load order value for The Ancient Profession in your game, you can do this:

prid xx3ec1ed
additem xx093ba4 1

This will put a copy of the license into a hidden storage chest that the mod uses so that it knows when you have the license even if you don't carry it around with you.

Damn I started a new save, but yeah brill was dead - makes me think that might have been why Dawnstar was had issues depending on which save I was using too because skalds housecarl was dead in one of them. Sounds about right that i'd cause my own issues by letting protected chars die lol.

12 hours ago, Lilzt3hcat said:

Damn I started a new save, but yeah brill was dead - makes me think that might have been why Dawnstar was had issues depending on which save I was using too because skalds housecarl was dead in one of them. Sounds about right that i'd cause my own issues by letting protected chars die lol.

I don't want my mod to break in those situations, though lol.

Do you by chance have the unofficial patches installed for LE? I think I didn't really handle him being dead because he's supposed to be essential with the unofficial patch installed.

Killing off Jod is a feat, because I think he's essential in vanilla lol, but yeah I think him being dead would break anything in Dawnstar.

5 hours ago, ruddycray said:

I don't want my mod to break in those situations, though lol.

Do you by chance have the unofficial patches installed for LE? I think I didn't really handle him being dead because he's supposed to be essential with the unofficial patch installed.

Killing off Jod is a feat, because I think he's essential in vanilla lol, but yeah I think him being dead would break anything in Dawnstar.

Yup to unofficial patch, and yeah I was abusing that line of saves pretty bad at one point. They're both 'essential' (well.. were..) but I have a mod with succubus powers that kills anyone- period if activated lol, did also used to have a civil war mod that removed essential stats to whomevers leaders loses after the war is over which could cause the same issues.

like I said, seemed about right that I was causing my own problems xD

Edit: I do have the save backed up, I'm going to see If I cant just resurrect any of these npcs and see if it fixes issues.

Edited by Lilzt3hcat
58 minutes ago, Lilzt3hcat said:

Yup to unofficial patch, and yeah I was abusing that line of saves pretty bad at one point. They're both 'essential' (well.. were..) but I have a mod with succubus powers that kills anyone- period if activated lol, did also used to have a civil war mod that removed essential stats to whomevers leaders loses after the war is over which could cause the same issues.

like I said, seemed about right that I was causing my own problems xD

Edit: I do have the save backed up, I'm going to see If I cant just resurrect any of these npcs and see if it fixes issues.

OK, yeah, anything that makes normally essential NPCs killable is pretty much off the table for support. Use at your own risk and all that. :) 

If you're going to try to go to an old save and resurrect NPCs and you still can't get the Whiterun quest to start with dialogue, then setstage tapqwhiterunlicense 10 should tell you whether it's good or not. It would probably work without having to use the console, but it depends on whether there's anything that will trigger the script to start the quest that will still run again in whatever state you're in.

Edited by ruddycray
2 hours ago, ruddycray said:

OK, yeah, anything that makes normally essential NPCs killable is pretty much off the table for support. Use at your own risk and all that. :) 

If you're going to try to go to an old save and resurrect NPCs and you still can't get the Whiterun quest to start with dialogue, then setstage tapqwhiterunlicense 10 should tell you whether it's good or not. It would probably work without having to use the console, but it depends on whether there's anything that will trigger the script to start the quest that will still run again in whatever state you're in.

I always use 'new' mods fresh from a save which hasn't used them before (esp when they're in development) so hopefully there isn't any script trigger shenanigans, but *shrugs* skyrim does be skyrim sometimes.

EDIT: Whiterun now works without issue (No need for console use) (all other cities confirmed to work), however atm Dawnstar is still being finicky (Jod is alive but Horik (nor brina) has anything for me), I'll keep fiddlin for abit see if I can find something.

--Seems Ive gotten dawnstar to work aswell.

Edited by Lilzt3hcat
Update
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, eggman1967 said:

Is there anyway to quit either Benjen or DG? I made the mistake of working for both and now it cost me 51 septims for each 50 septim trick. 8 to the Innkeeper, 13 to DG and 30 to Benjen.

Not without the console right now. If you replace "xx" with the load order value for the mod, removing yourself from the factions should stop the accounts from updating, so you should never have any penalties:

Dibella's Garden:
player.setfactionrank xx00aa1d -2

Benjen:
player.setfactionrank xx20ab22 -2

I think you can also just not pay your Dibella's Garden dues. It will calculate penalties on them, but I haven't implemented getting fired yet. Don't try that with Benjen. You will definitely get a bounty. Also, if you remove yourself from DG and then try to work in one of their brothels, you will be treated as a trespasser and get a bounty.

I will definitely look at adjusting that balance, though.

Edited by ruddycray

I know after wasting your time with my own self created issues you might not have any interest in ideas of mine, but I'll toss it out there anyway.

At some brothel "Themed Rooms" for guests looking for thematic roleplay

Example ideas:

1. a crypt themed room for someone looking to roleplay as a vampire (could also double as a room with an altar for cultist RP)

2. a 'kings bedroom' for someone looking to roleplay as a noble

3. 'bandit hideout' for someone looking to rp as a hero, save the girl and be rewarded (lol)

4. tropical beach/jungle hideout

1 hour ago, Lilzt3hcat said:

I know after wasting your time with my own self created issues you might not have any interest in ideas of mine, but I'll toss it out there anyway.

At some brothel "Themed Rooms" for guests looking for thematic roleplay

Example ideas:

1. a crypt themed room for someone looking to roleplay as a vampire (could also double as a room with an altar for cultist RP)

2. a 'kings bedroom' for someone looking to roleplay as a noble

3. 'bandit hideout' for someone looking to rp as a hero, save the girl and be rewarded (lol)

4. tropical beach/jungle hideout

No, I quite like these ideas, actually.

5 hours ago, Hades03 said:

great mod, but how i can raise base payment per client through console, 50 golds is low for me

thank you

There is no way to do that in 0.7. I may provide some adjustment for how much you earn per client in 0.8, within some limits. In the meantime, "player.additem f <amount>".

Edited by ruddycray
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/31/2021 at 9:34 PM, ruddycray said:

There is no way to do that in 0.7. I may provide some adjustment for how much you earn per client in 0.8, within some limits. In the meantime, "player.additem f <amount>".

Might be nice if it could scale with skill level, i.e. more skilled/experienced whores command higher rates.

8 hours ago, eggman1967 said:

Might be nice if it could scale with skill level, i.e. more skilled/experienced whores command higher rates.

I will probably implement some kind of leveling system eventually, but not for 0.8. But 0.8 will have a way to change how much you earn per client in a range between 10 and 150 gold. The default will still be 50.

I'm also adjusting the cut so that Benjen takes 40% instead of 60%, and innkeepers take less if you're working for someone. Instead of 25% if you work for Dibella's Garden and 15% if you work for Benjen, it will be 15% for DG and 10% for Benjen.

So .... Believe it or not, I'm still on LE and, mainly, on an old and cheap 32 bit computer. But I unpacked the BSA and this very good mod works fine for me.

Finally a Brothel mod that "respects" some realism, for now bugfree, smoothly running and interesting. So ... THANK YOU!

I have only a complain to do:

1. Probably due to my LE or maybe to the skin textures I installed (Fair Skin for females and another one I don't remember for male) but ALL characters have mismatched skins between head and body. Normally their head is brighter and whiter than the body. How can I try to solve this issue?

2. Related to #1, maybe. I know that in real life the brothel's clients are normally ugly, idiots and often elders (or, from the other side very young but still stupid) but I hope you can do something in the next versions to have males (and also females, why not?) clients more "awesome". I suggest that you can, instead of make them from scratch, "clone" some pretty characters from the game so they could maintain the modifications made by some overhauls mod. Could it be possible?

3. For my personal tastes, I really hate have sex with Argonians (and Khajjts) because I consider them as "creatures" and not humans and I am surely against whatever sex with creatures and animals (not installed in my system). An option to be able to choose the race of clients should be awesome.

IDEA:

When the Player reach a high "rank", it would be nice to have a call from the Jarls. Maybe a guard that deliver a letter and then some scenes at Jarl's place.

Elisif included, why not? After all she is a widow and still has "needs", even if with another female. And she could have sensed about the Ambassords' "relax".

Once again, anyhow, THANK YOU.

5 hours ago, NicoleDragoness said:

So .... Believe it or not, I'm still on LE and, mainly, on an old and cheap 32 bit computer. But I unpacked the BSA and this very good mod works fine for me.

Finally a Brothel mod that "respects" some realism, for now bugfree, smoothly running and interesting. So ... THANK YOU!

I have only a complain to do:

1. Probably due to my LE or maybe to the skin textures I installed (Fair Skin for females and another one I don't remember for male) but ALL characters have mismatched skins between head and body. Normally their head is brighter and whiter than the body. How can I try to solve this issue?

2. Related to #1, maybe. I know that in real life the brothel's clients are normally ugly, idiots and often elders (or, from the other side very young but still stupid) but I hope you can do something in the next versions to have males (and also females, why not?) clients more "awesome". I suggest that you can, instead of make them from scratch, "clone" some pretty characters from the game so they could maintain the modifications made by some overhauls mod. Could it be possible?

3. For my personal tastes, I really hate have sex with Argonians (and Khajjts) because I consider them as "creatures" and not humans and I am surely against whatever sex with creatures and animals (not installed in my system). An option to be able to choose the race of clients should be awesome.

IDEA:

When the Player reach a high "rank", it would be nice to have a call from the Jarls. Maybe a guard that deliver a letter and then some scenes at Jarl's place.

Elisif included, why not? After all she is a widow and still has "needs", even if with another female. And she could have sensed about the Ambassords' "relax".

Once again, anyhow, THANK YOU.

First off, thank you for the kind words. I'm glad you're enjoying the mod. For the rest:

1. Yes, this is because you're on LE. It's because of missing facegen for the NPCs. You might be able to open the mod in the LE Creation Kit and generate it yourself, but as with all things LE that's at your own risk.

2. I will eventually get around to some more variety in the clients. I will have to see what I can do with it. As for female clients, I'm not opposed to the idea, but for my own tastes I wouldn't want a lot of female clients in the brothels, which is to say I'd want to look into ways to make that adjustable. I already provided something like that for inn clients, where you can adjust the same-sex solicitation chances. I just haven't gotten around to how I want that to work for brothels yet.

3. I don't know of any part of the mod that forces you to take an Argonian or Khajiit client, other than perhaps the plays in Dibella's Garden (which are based on in-game books, of course). The only Khajiit and Argonians I can think of are the already mentioned actor, Rudhiir, and the Argonian Ambassador, and none of those are required. Is there something I'm forgetting or that you're thinking of in particular?

I'm not altogether opposed to your Jarl idea, but I would definitely want to think of ways to make sure it still "feels" right, if that makes sense. It feels weird to me if the Jarl seeks out your company and then acts like they don't know you later, that kind of thing.

NPC head meshes differ between LE and SE. This mod includes SE-specific head meshes. That is why they do not look right in LE.

Some ideas: Maybe you could export the head meshes using LE Creation Kit. Or maybe you could use Cathedral Assets Optimizer to convert the head meshes into LE format.

Edit: Ninja'd by @ruddycray ?

Edited by Herowynne

@ruddycray  &  @Herowynne

Thank you both for the responses. Unfortunately (or luckily, by my point of view) I don't have the CK and I'm serious about to never have it.

Anyhow, maybe I will try the Cathedral tool.

Btw, using only TES5Edit and my little knowledge about, I was able to add a Male (a clone of Ulfberth from Witherun) in the Temple of Dibella, adding more "variety" to the actions:  ;)

A brief pit-stop here just to say that Cathedral Optimizer solved the head-body texture mismatch in my LE environment.

All actors have now a correct complete skin color.

Glad you found a way to make it work!

On a different note, I did remember that there is one quest that you more or less have to do and where you can't complete it without having sex with an Argonian, in Morthal. Unfortunately, while I appreciate that everyone has their own feelings about things like that, I do not plan to make any big changes there. I might consider giving the player a choice not to be with the Argonian (though please note I'm not promising anything), but giving players an option for there not to be Argonian/human sex involved would require a fundamental rework of the quest. It is a central part of everything that happens in that quest.

Edited by ruddycray
On 1/19/2020 at 12:47 AM, ruddycray said:

While you can start working as a prostitute outside of Skyrim, such as in Raven Rock, it will not start a quest there.

Does this work in custom lands like Bruma, Bruma for Rigmor, Falskaar and Wyrmstooth?

Different employers, with different advantages and disadvantages (partly implemented)

I suggest to add one male Gigolo in the main Brothels. (Please, please, please ... if yes make him awesome and possibly human only).

This could also lead to a sort of "Training" route for the new employee (the Player). Of course Riften would be excluded because the Black-Briar guy want to "test" the girl personally.

More quests and a more complex prostitution system (the prostitution system is now partly implemented)

Maybe also an "Indipendent Job" among the streets (and maybe even into the Player's homes) with a cut for the local brothel?

- Maybe it could be possible a sort of "integration/collaboration" with the other mod "Public Whore"?  Btw, I confirm they can work together no problems.

Anyway:

I happily confirm that this excellent mod works fine in my LE 32bit environment and I like every single bit of it. THANKS!

54 minutes ago, NicoleDragoness said:

Does this work in custom lands like Bruma, Bruma for Rigmor, Falskaar and Wyrmstooth?

It might, but really the answer is it depends. If those custom lands use the standard Skyrim factions for things like room renters and innkeepers, then chances are that you will be able to work in the inns in those lands. If they don't, then it probably won't work. Also, you have to watch out for issues like the one I mentioned for Skygerfall, where you can start an inn session, but if you step a foot out the door of the inn you will be warned that the innkeeper will report you for leaving town. That's less of a problem now that I've added the grace period, so you won't instantly get a bounty, but for mods like that you won't be able to go around town.

I suggest to add one male Gigolo in the main Brothels. (Please, please, please ... if yes make him awesome and possibly human only).

This could also lead to a sort of "Training" route for the new employee (the Player). Of course Riften would be excluded because the Black-Briar guy want to "test" the girl personally.

I'll definitely consider that idea. I do have plans to have a few more NPCs in the brothels than just the madams, customers, and girls, though of course I have to be careful of overcrowding them.

Maybe also an "Indipendent Job" among the streets (and maybe even into the Player's homes) with a cut for the local brothel?

I would like to allow the player to entertain clients in their own home, but I don't know for sure when I'll get around to it.

- Maybe it could be possible a sort of "integration/collaboration" with the other mod "Public Whore"?  Btw, I confirm they can work together no problems.

I'd have to look into what that mod's all about.

Anyway:

I happily confirm that this excellent mod works fine in my LE 32bit environment and I like every single bit of it. THANKS!

Glad to hear it, and again glad you're enjoying it. There are a few small issues I do know about for LE, other than the inherent risk of running an SE mod in LE, such as a scene where the characters aren't supposed to strip but they do anyway, but the last time I tried this I didn't notice any big parts of the mod that didn't work.

Version 0.8 is out.

A few additional notes about it:

• The new quest, The First Time, actually has 5 variations about why the young man in the quest has never been with a woman before
    • I also got very sick of testing these out, so please be on the lookout for bugs and report them if you see them
    • If you just want to test them out without playing through the whole mod to get to them, then use the console command startquest tapqdgjobs03 while in a Dibella's Garden brothel
    • Feedback on improvements to these scenarios is, of course, welcome. However, I probably won't do anything to make these scenarios extremely elaborate. Even as simple as they are, the quest wound up being unexpectedly tricky to test.
  • Fixing The Main Course to account for a vampire player proved to be quite a bit more trouble than I anticipated. Again, please be on the lookout for bugs and report them if you see them.
  • I have removed the "early access" tag from the mod. Again, nothing has really changed about its status as pre-1.0, but I think it was still causing people to be more afraid of trying it out than necessary.
  • Some of the changes will make the audio in the voice pack not match the subtitles. The subtitles are correct.
Edited by ruddycray

I have a suggestion, if you are working for benjem I think it would be great if you could force nudity or your inventory is taken if you dont succesfully complete a quest, it would be more immersive as the other girls are nude too. You can also add new dialogue from the other two prostitutes when they see you have become just like them . Overall great mod had fun playijg it 

6 minutes ago, MasterPiece300 said:

hmm, does this mod have radiant quests or is it just story relevant quests?

There is a radiant quest to entertain Stormcloak soldiers. There are also repeatable jobs, where some of them pick from a random set of ways to play. There are one-time quests, as well.

The new quest added in the 0.8 release, for example, picks from a handful of names and appearances for the NPCs plus a handful of different short scenarios that can play out with those NPCs, which you can then use to either just get money or possibly a little bit of speechcraft.