1 hour ago, ruddycray said:

There's intentionally a 5% possibility by default  that some of the prostitutes won't have any clothes on their bodies, though they will usually at least be wearing shoes if that happens. I don't think that should apply to Calia in Riverwood, though. The outfits are supposed to have defaults (usually the tavern wench clothes) in case you don't have any of the soft dependencies installed, but it's possible I didn't set something up correctly. Usually, I only see complete nudity in NPCs who aren't really designed to be that way when I jump straight from the title screen to the brothel or something with a console coc command, but I'll admit I don't usually run with all of those outfit mods turned off, so I might just have missed something.

Maybe you missed something, maybe not. When I had none of these cloth mods, in Whiterun's brothel was like 4 naked npc's

2 hours ago, Artful Dodger said:

Some outfits are really nice, but don't work very well.

Female Outfits Standalone CBBE BodySlide, getting gaps in hands and legs(but maybe I did something wrong)

Crazy Magician Glass Robe SE - CBBE-BS CBP-Physics, as all comment say, outfit flickers like crazy(on pc) + not showing on npc's at all(even after 50 inventory resets)

Hmm... haven't noticed that when I use them, but if it's bad they're of course optional. I do see what you're talking about when I look at the comments for the glass robes that a lot of people seem to have that problem.

You may need to run the standalone outfits thing through BodySlide. I don't remember noticing anything like that when I use that one, either, but I definitely ran them through BodySlide on my system.

8 hours ago, ruddycray said:

You may need to run the standalone outfits thing through BodySlide. I don't remember noticing anything like that when I use that one, either, but I definitely ran them through BodySlide on my system.

Found out why I am getting gaps in hands for mod Female Outfits Standalone CBBE BodySlide, it's his optional file Esp Patch, which in his own words "fixes all issues such as amour levels, naked bug", if this patch is disabled, no gaps, but then without it, mod is with some bugs.

Also, not checked other Ancient Proffesion places, but in Whiteruns brothel, very bad shadows, especially near bar

https://imgbox.com/m5ZAXoCi

But I guess it is how it is.

And that old man, is always naked, probably intentional.

https://imgbox.com/8nCxQASN

3 hours ago, Artful Dodger said:

Found out why I am getting gaps in hands for mod Female Outfits Standalone CBBE BodySlide, it's his optional file Esp Patch, which in his own words "fixes all issues such as amour levels, naked bug", if this patch is disabled, no gaps, but then without it, mod is with some bugs.

Also, not checked other Ancient Proffesion places, but in Whiteruns brothel, very bad shadows, especially near bar

https://imgbox.com/m5ZAXoCi

But I guess it is how it is.

And that old man, is always naked, probably intentional.

https://imgbox.com/8nCxQASN

Ah I didn't realize that the naked bug had been fixed. Unfortunate if it introduced some new issues too, but I'll have to download it and check it out.

The weird shadows are an issue in the vanilla location I copied, too. The brothel is a modified version of the Bannered Mare. You'll probably see the same issue there. I might try to fix it eventually, but it's not a high priority.

There are no intentionally naked old men in the mod at this time. I'm not even sure how that would happen, because the lists of clothes the customers wear aren't built from soft dependencies right now. They are hard coded to vanilla outfits, and I think the chance of selecting no item is 0 in the list settings. I'll see if I can make that happen on my system but I don't think I ever have seen it before.

On 7/24/2021 at 10:19 AM, Executaball said:

Hey all, 

Just updating here that I've completed a voice pack for v0.7 of The Ancient Profession:

Some samples attached here.

The Ancient Profession Samples.zip 4.52 MB · 5 downloads

I've noticed some missing audio where the same NPC has audio for other lines. What are some things I should look out for or things I should make sure to do to make the voice generation process work more smoothly?

Also, is the form in your thread still the best way to report pronunciation errors? It only has an option for generation 1.

Edited by ruddycray
7 hours ago, excidium93 said:

Your mod sounds great! The only thing that prevents me from using it instead of Radiant Prostitution is the recently added SLSO support. I really hope you will add this to your mod :)

What is the benefit supposed to be? For a start, I assume you mean SexLab Separate Orgasms by SLSO? I think the only time I use the OrgasmStart event is for something where it makes sense for timing in a scene. The statement in the mod description that this event is only for compatibility reasons seems incorrect to me, as I take it to mean a clear indication that the stage that is starting right now is the final stage in an animation.

What does SLSO do for mod users, and what would it do for this mod?

3 hours ago, ruddycray said:

a clear indication that the stage that is starting right now is the final stage in an animation.

Yes, that is the crux of the issue. The primary purpose of SLSO is to disassociate orgasm events from the final animation stage, which then allows multiple orgasms, or no orgasm, to occur, and which allows orgasms to occur at various animation stages, rather than occur only at the final animation stage.

Full disclosure: I do not use SLSO because the added gameplay does not interest me. However, many folks here on LL really like the extra gameplay from SLSO.

A mod author needs to determine whether the gameplay features added by SLSO are aligned with the vision of their mod. As the mod author, only @ruddycray can decide whether SLSO is aligned with the vision intended for The Ancient Profession.

1 hour ago, excidium93 said:

1. Yes I mean SexLab Separate Orgasm

2. The purpose of SLSO is to add the possibility to fail to satisy a customer as well as fealt progression because of the increasing sex stat

40 minutes ago, Herowynne said:

Yes, that is the crux of the issue. The primary purpose of SLSO is to disassociate orgasm events from the final animation stage, which then allows multiple orgasms, or no orgasm, to occur, and which allows orgasms to occur at various animation stages, rather than occur only at the final animation stage.

Full disclosure: I do not use SLSO because the added gameplay does not interest me. However, many folks here on LL really like the extra gameplay from SLSO.

A mod author needs to determine whether the gameplay features added by SLSO are aligned with the vision of their mod. As the mod author, only @ruddycray can decide whether SLSO is aligned with the vision intended for The Ancient Profession.

Thanks for the info, both of you. I'm not entirely opposed to the idea if it's primarily about the ability to fail to provide adequate service to a customer, so I'll add it to my list as something to consider.  Can't make any promises right now about whether it will become a priority for me, though.

Can anyone guide me towards making more money while doing this? I haven't ventured out of Riverwood and Whiterun, yet, but I only make 50 gold per client at The Bannered Mare. I'd eventually like to make my way to the College of Winterhold and pay for my training lessons with this but I need to make more gold per client before I can do that. Also can we restrict categories for the scenes played? I'd like to start out with only blowjobs before branching out?

15 hours ago, Kimono said:

Can anyone guide me towards making more money while doing this? I haven't ventured out of Riverwood and Whiterun, yet, but I only make 50 gold per client at The Bannered Mare. I'd eventually like to make my way to the College of Winterhold and pay for my training lessons with this but I need to make more gold per client before I can do that. Also can we restrict categories for the scenes played? I'd like to start out with only blowjobs before branching out?

If you join the brothel, then you will eventually (after about 20 clients) unlock higher-paying jobs. I do have some balance work I want to do on the mod, but just so you know I don't really intend for prostitution to be a way to make great riches.

You can suppress animations in the MCM menu. I did not provide a way to suppress vaginal animations by default, because there are lot of scenes in the mod where vaginal is required. However, if you don't mind a little light editing of a JSON file, you can change which tags can be suppressed in the file:

Data\SKSE\Plugins\The Ancient Profession\suppressable tags.json

You would then need to go into the MCM menu and select the option to refresh the list of suppressable tags. You should then see the additional suppression options you added appear in the menu.

One point I should make clear: you won't break anything by suppressing vaginal animations, but you may still see the types of animations you were trying to suppress if the scene requires it.

Edited by ruddycray

Great mod! I'm aware you've got a long list of things you want to add to it, and you're probably not looking for suggestions. (Here comes the butt.)
Buuuuuutt~ Life in the gardens could use a little personal intimacy flavour on top of the grind,
may i suggest a regular? A client which at some skill level or through a special job becomes smitten with the player,starts returning regularly,
makes more conversation, brings small gifts like flowers, books, wine, maybe even gems or jewelry if the player plays their cards right or unlocks some decent speechcraft.
(would be a great npc to level speechcraft with actually, as the player utilizes charm in dialogue - which is terribly lacking otherwise in the game and most mods).

Just a suggestion, keep up the great work!

2 hours ago, Derynea said:

Great mod! I'm aware you've got a long list of things you want to add to it, and you're probably not looking for suggestions. (Here comes the butt.)
Buuuuuutt~ Life in the gardens could use a little personal intimacy flavour on top of the grind,
may i suggest a regular? A client which at some skill level or through a special job becomes smitten with the player,starts returning regularly,
makes more conversation, brings small gifts like flowers, books, wine, maybe even gems or jewelry if the player plays their cards right or unlocks some decent speechcraft.
(would be a great npc to level speechcraft with actually, as the player utilizes charm in dialogue - which is terribly lacking otherwise in the game and most mods).

Just a suggestion, keep up the great work!

On the contrary, suggestions are quite welcome! I just can't promise that they will all align with what I want the mod to be or that I will have time to do them all.

That said, I think your idea is very interesting. It is already my intention to allow speechcraft leveling through some types of dialogue. For example, you don't have to go through an exchange of pleasantries with Vanikseth in Winterhold, but if you do then you get small amounts of speechcraft experience. Along the same lines, if you follow conversation paths through with Janilla in Solitude, an option to express sympathy for a sad event in her life is available, and you also get a small amount of speechcraft experience for that.

I will add it to my list of ideas to consider.

33 minutes ago, ruddycray said:

On the contrary, suggestions are quite welcome! I just can't promise that they will all align with what I want the mod to be or that I will have time to do them all.

That said, I think your idea is very interesting. It is already my intention to allow speechcraft leveling through some types of dialogue. For example, you don't have to go through an exchange of pleasantries with Vanikseth in Winterhold, but if you do then you get small amounts of speechcraft experience. Along the same lines, if you follow conversation paths through with Janilla in Solitude, an option to express sympathy for a sad event in her life is available, and you also get a small amount of speechcraft experience for that.

I will add it to my list of ideas to consider.

That's awesome! Glad you'll consider it!
The dialogues available already are fantastic, and i got the feeling that if anyone could pull off something more personal like regulars it'd be you with this mod.
My DM mind is already crackling picturing the possibilities in different gardens if there could be more than one - 
Windhelm's could for example be a homesick veteran that never really concludes or gets any closure (something about it being your..Inheritance! Oh, and...sorry for your loss.)
Solitude's could be a far more high end companion kind of thing requiring pretty high skill and speechcraft,
or the rather grim circumstances in riften could be counterbalanced with somewhat of a sympathetic white knight leading to some difficult choices-

But dont mind my rambling, it's *your* mod and im happy the suggestion is even considered,
keep up the good work and when/if the time comes, feel free to poke my brain if you wish!

I know LE isn't officially supported but figured I'd mention the one and only thing that seems broken right now is whiterun's license, nothing seems to make the dialogue available for Proventus, and there doesn't seem to be anyway to 'cheat' and just give the license.

This mod is easily the best of its kind, I'll def keep track for future updates.

8 hours ago, Lilzt3hcat said:

I know LE isn't officially supported but figured I'd mention the one and only thing that seems broken right now is whiterun's license, nothing seems to make the dialogue available for Proventus, and there doesn't seem to be anyway to 'cheat' and just give the license.

This mod is easily the best of its kind, I'll def keep track for future updates.

Whiterun and Falkreath don't have license quests yet, as the opening post mentioned.

4 hours ago, Highborn said:

Whiterun and Falkreath don't have license quests yet, as the opening post mentioned.

I know, I just figured there'd be at-least a way to console 'cheat' it, but I couldn't find anything. No globals I could find to manipulate or anything :/
Clearly I'll just have to wait for further updates.

5 minutes ago, Lilzt3hcat said:

I know, I just figured there'd be at-least a way to console 'cheat' it, but I couldn't find anything. No globals I could find to manipulate or anything :/
Clearly I'll just have to wait for further updates.

I actually couldn't reproduce that. I just tried it and it worked fine for me. Do you have a quest marker pointing to him? If not, the quest TAPQGetLicenseMisc may not be running or may not be at stage 5 like it needs to be.

If nothing else, you could try:

setstage tapqwhiterunlicense 1000

The only major problem I encountered last time I tried this out more fully was that scenes where characters aren't supposed to strip don't work. My guess is that the newer versions of SexLab support a way of telling them not to strip that the latest LE version doesn't.

On 8/11/2021 at 10:56 AM, ruddycray said:

If you join the brothel, then you will eventually (after about 20 clients) unlock higher-paying jobs. I do have some balance work I want to do on the mod, but just so you know I don't really intend for prostitution to be a way to make great riches.

You can suppress animations in the MCM menu. I did not provide a way to suppress vaginal animations by default, because there are lot of scenes in the mod where vaginal is required. However, if you don't mind a little light editing of a JSON file, you can change which tags can be suppressed in the file:

Data\SKSE\Plugins\The Ancient Profession\suppressable tags.json

You would then need to go into the MCM menu and select the option to refresh the list of suppressable tags. You should then see the additional suppression options you added appear in the menu.

One point I should make clear: you won't break anything by suppressing vaginal animations, but you may still see the types of animations you were trying to suppress if the scene requires it.

A simple reward multiplier will be nice. 

On 8/14/2021 at 3:44 PM, ruddycray said:

I actually couldn't reproduce that. I just tried it and it worked fine for me. Do you have a quest marker pointing to him? If not, the quest TAPQGetLicenseMisc may not be running or may not be at stage 5 like it needs to be.

If nothing else, you could try:

setstage tapqwhiterunlicense 1000

The only major problem I encountered last time I tried this out more fully was that scenes where characters aren't supposed to strip don't work. My guess is that the newer versions of SexLab support a way of telling them not to strip that the latest LE version doesn't.

I can get where the arrow points to the steward but he just does not have the dialogue, and trying to setstage does nothing, it remains stage 0 regardless.

>_< I didn't want to get too deep into this because you're not even officially supporting LE

(Frankly alot of other issues on my multiple hundreds of hours save is telling me that its probably just time I wash my hands of this current save branch and start over.)

Edited by Lilzt3hcat
3 hours ago, Lilzt3hcat said:

I can get where the arrow points to the steward but he just does not have the dialogue, and trying to setstage does nothing, it remains stage 0 regardless.

>_< I didn't want to get too deep into this because you're not even officially supporting LE

(Frankly alot of other issues on my multiple hundreds of hours save is telling me that its probably just time I wash my hands of this current save branch and start over.)

I'm not officially supporting LE, but it's also possible you're seeing a bug that the supported version would have, too. :)

That actually sounds like the quest can't start for some reason. You can check whether it is even running with:

sqv tapqwhiterunlicense

I assume Proventus is still living, since you're trying to talk to him, but do you happen to know if Brill has been killed in your save? Looking at the quest, I think if either Proventus or Brill is dead then the quest will not be able to start.

If you're not sure, you can check with:

prid 1a6a3
getdead

If you find that Brill is in fact dead in your save, I would appreciate letting me know. If he is, and you want to test if that's where the problem is, then you could try doing this and letting me know if it works:

prid 1a6a3
resurrect
setstage tapqwhiterunlicense 10

If that works, you could either leave Brill resurrected and proceed with the quest, or you can reload a save and may still be able to cheat a little bit to get the license. Replacing xx with the load order value for The Ancient Profession in your game, you can do this:

prid xx3ec1ed
additem xx093ba4 1

This will put a copy of the license into a hidden storage chest that the mod uses so that it knows when you have the license even if you don't carry it around with you.

Edited by ruddycray
Added some extra debugging info