FF Custom Skins

Guest flingingfeces

Moving to Skyrim? Awesome! Can't wait to see what awesome skins you make for Skyrim! Thoguh I personally think it would be more difficult seeing as there are so many body mods that one specific texture will not fit. :/

I'd love for you to consider doing some sexy skins for CBBE, TBBP, and CB++ Body mod! I'd honestly be shattered if you only did UNP. >_<

• 2 weeks later...
Guest flingingfeces

Moon Love and and Moon Coy for the Moonshadow race now up for grabs.  I will be creating skins for this race as well as the Diablo race in the future. Enjoy!

Most peculiar, the lop-ear texture ('L-ears.dds') this race variant is actually using is found in the regular Moonshadow's 'Ears' folder.

I noticed the 'Moon Love' skin has one of the heart ornaments - the one on the left butt-cheek - in a different shade of red. Nothing bad though.

Anyways, in typical Nesux fashion: "Bao-Zhi thanks you for her wonderful new skin!" Especially the face texture is really awesome.

20130602137013597197911.jpg

Such a classy little lady... Except when at the dinner table:

20130602137012464126497.jpg

"Now look who's hungry! Please leave the dishes intact this time..."

Edit: Now after a while I found out the ear's texture path pointing to that particular folder was my own edit :s. Somehow forgot about that.

In the original Moonshadow esp the ear texture is pointing to 'Textures\Characters\Lop-Ears Elf'!

Guest flingingfeces

10 new conversions up for grabs and more to come when I get time.  Check the change log to see which ones they are.  I will be converting all of them in time as well as naming all the screenshots.

Also I have made the moon conversion easier to install and fixed a few bugs with missing textures.  Just extract the file into your directory and overwrite.  I've also added an optional tanlines folder to each file so instead of having to download both you have an optional folder which you can install the same as the original. 

Once I'm finished converting all the original Diablo skins into Moonshadow versions I will be making more originals so requests are still welcome. Thanks and enjoy. 

any chance we could get a screenshot pack to download? theres 19 screens and 56 skins on the dl page, might be useful to pack a simple archive with one screen of each, so people know what they all look like.

Guest flingingfeces

Fixed Moon Love and Moon Coy missing textures as well as made a new Moonshadow elves texture called Moon Fairy.  Enjoy! 

Guest flingingfeces

Sorry about that.  I uploaded it and moon purple sky which I also seemed to have missed.   :P   Also all moon skins are now using a re colored versions of the original moonshadow no tattoo texture.

Most peculiar, the lop-ear texture ('L-ears.dds') this race variant is actually using is found in the regular Moonshadow's 'Ears' folder.

I noticed the 'Moon Love' skin has one of the heart ornaments - the one on the left butt-cheek - in a different shade of red. Nothing bad though.

Anyways, in typical Nesux fashion: "Bao-Zhi thanks you for her wonderful new skin!" Especially the face texture is really awesome.

20130602137013597197911.jpg

Such a classy little lady... Except when at the dinner table:

20130602137012464126497.jpg

"Now look who's hungry! Please leave the dishes intact this time..."

Edit: Now after a while I found out the ear's texture path pointing to that particular folder was my own edit :s. Somehow forgot about that.

In the original Moonshadow esp the ear texture is pointing to 'Textures\Characters\Lop-Ears Elf'!

I so not have a 'Lop-Ears' folder in my Moonshadow Elves folder, but I do have a 'Lopears Elf' and 'Lopears Elf II' folders in the Characters directory.

But as you said before, the texture for lop-ears, 'L-ears.dds', is usually in the Moonshadow Elves 'Ears' folder, correct? I do not have that file in that folder. :/ I only have 'MoonshadowEars.dds' in that folder.

Would the file for the Lop-Ear Moonshadow Elves Race variant be in the 'LopEars Elf/II' folder? And if it is, which file governs that particular race?

@FlingingFeces Thanks for the cool new skins, Flinging! :D

This might be related to where you got the race from. In my case the races come from MBP++. A standalone install of Moonshadow Elves might not add this folder I'm referring to. There is a second folder in the 'Textures\Characters' directory directly below the original Moonshadow's folder. The original one is named 'Moonshadow Elves', the second one 'MoonShadowLop Elf'.

When I checked it I found a 'L-Ears.dds' file in the original race's 'Ears' folder as well! But in the original esp ('Beautiful People 2ch-Ed MS Elves - NoSc') the file path for the lop-ears points to 'Characters\Lop-ears Elf\L-ears.dds'. I must have changed this path at some point. Maybe I had copied the lop-ear texture into that folder myself. Can't remember too clearly, it's been a while ago.

All in all, the implication of the race using another race's ear texture is this: If you edit the 'L-ears.dds' file in its original location to be more bright and match the face texture, it won't match the race anymore that is using this file in the first place, Lop-Ears Elf. Using a different texture (a copy of this file placed into either of the Moonshadow folders) and assigning this file to the race in the CS is the preferred way of fixing the Moonshadow Elves while leaving Lop-Ears Elf untouched.

This is how it's done: Download and install my (half-assed) recolour of the ear texture here: MS L-Ears Texture.rar

Though it still might not be a perfect match, the skin is more fair and goes well enough with the tone of the face. Keep in mind since you don't seem to have this 'MoonShadowLop Elf' folder, I have put the texture in the original race's 'Ears' folder instead. This is important when doing the CS edit:

csassigningeartexture.jpg

Open the esp in the Construction Set, click on 'Character' in the main menu at the top and select the 'Race' dialogue window. In the list of available races to the left, select the 'MSLop001' race. Select the 'Face Data' tab. The buttons to the right are to assign textures to every element of a face.

By clicking on the ears' buttons you can browse to the folder where the ear texture is stored, in the case of the attached file above it is 'Textures\Characters\Moonshadow Elves\Ears'. Select the previously installed brighter 'L-ears.dds' texture for both male and female versions of the race, confirm the changes and save the mod.

That way Moonshadow Lop-Ears Elves and Lop-Ears Elves both will have ear textures that match their facial skin.

Hey @FlingFeces, just wanted to say your work is FUCKING AWESOME.

I do have some requests though :X

1. Could you make one of your skins for each of the default races?

*I'd like to be able to see it on all the females ingame rather than just my character. Preferably with tanlines too. If tanlines for all default races would be too much work, then at the very least give Imperials tanlines.

2. Could you make a skin for the custom race, "The Synx". Definitely with tanlines!

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/38471/?

Edited by wanzer

@Poontank

I am unable to install Construction Set, which has been the case for me for a while. x_x

So my understanding and current options are limited to only Dragging and Dropping files in specific directories. :/

That being the case, I don't believe I'll be able to administer your fix.

The only files I know of that match those files are in the Lopears Elf which, if I'm correct, if I overwrite those files in that folder with the ones you provided, the Moonshadow Lop-Ears will be fixed, but other races that share the Ear texture will suffer from it, correct?

Dang, I wish I was smart enough to have paid attention to what MBP Mods I have installed. Right now my mod collection is modder's nightmare. I've installed and uninstalled so much that file paths are some what unpredictable. xD

I think we have established that I do not have a Folder or files anywhere in the Moonshadow Elves original race folderthat relates to the Lop-Ear textures. Only known files like that are the ones in the 'LopEar Elf' folder.

Damn. I forgot about the issue you are having with the Construction Set. Or I was hoping you had found a way to install it in the meantime.

A possible cop-out solution would be to select a hairstyle that covers up the ears...

Naw, just kidding. That would kinda defeat the whole purpose of using a race with cute lop-ears in the first place. I have a fix in mind that hopefully will enable you to enjoy the race and custom skin as intended. Going to PM you about it now.

I finally started updating my custom bain installers for these with the new moonshadow versions... decided to make an all in one BAIN package so I could make a wizard with all the screenshots...

Here. Maybe it's useful to someone. https://mega.co.nz/#!rAlwnbqJ!XDFt9nNIAux4g5vegarlfUDwALZCQWaxHprEz_4xnxA

Right click the installer in wrye bash and choose wizard. You can choose which skins to install to which elves and see screenshots while you pick.

And... here... this was in the same folder so I uploaded it too to see if anyone wants it... It was just an experiment to see how shiny elves can get. (It's pretty shiny) https://mega.co.nz/#!Pc1mgLTY!YGok83hwz0_tDdiqF1SoQlzH6cJqI_C3ypAUayncztU

Install it after diablo elf skins. This one doesn't require wrye bash but I still recommend it. It works with any skin.

Guest flingingfeces

Hey @FlingFeces, just wanted to say your work is FUCKING AWESOME.

I do have some requests though :X

1. Could you make one of your skins for each of the default races?

*I'd like to be able to see it on all the females ingame rather than just my character. Preferably with tanlines too. If tanlines for all default races would be too much work, then at the very least give Imperials tanlines.

2. Could you make a skin for the custom race, "The Synx". Definitely with tanlines!

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/38471/?

Thanks! :D

Synx is one of my all time favorite races and sure I certainly don't mind making one for the Imperial race as well.  Is there any specific skin I've made so far that you're interested in seeing converted?

Thanks! :D

Synx is one of my all time favorite races and sure I certainly don't mind making one for the Imperial race as well.  Is there any specific skin I've made so far that you're interested in seeing converted?

Butterfly and Star Burst are definitely my faves. Hard to decide which I like better. I love the appropriately placed butterfly wings below her stomach for Butterfly. While I also love the star markings over her two breasts for Star Burst.

Though "For the Emperor" is hands down the most appropriate skin for Imperials XD

On an unrelated note, your Choco Night Elf skin was the very 1st time I heard about you (a year or so ago). Though I think you called it "Midnight Chocolate" before or something, could be wrong. I believe the video was on YouTube, played to a Jazz song from Castlevania Symphony of the Night

Edited by wanzer
Guest flingingfeces

There ya go wanzer.  Enjoy! :P

New update contains

-Butterfly with tanlines Imperial
-For the Emperor with tanlines Imperial
-Butterfly with tanlines Synx
-Starburst with tanlines Synx

I believe the video was on YouTube, played to a Jazz song from Castlevania Symphony of the Night

Unfortunately I have missed that video. Was it 'Marble Gallery'? That's one of my all-time favourite pieces of video game music ever!

The music selection for all the FF videos is always perfect to match the theme and mood.