New Site Layout

I don't know if this has been brought up yet, but for the love of god, please someone fix the ability to edit quotes. I'm trying to pick one friggin sentence out of a thousand as the only point I'm responding to, and I can't do it without fucking it up.

Top left button of the editor to turn of styles, then you can edit the bbcode directly.

I don't know if this has been brought up yet, but for the love of god, please someone fix the ability to edit quotes. I'm trying to pick one friggin sentence out of a thousand as the only point I'm responding to, and I can't do it without fucking it up.

Top left button of the editor to turn of styles, then you can edit the bbcode directly.

It's still wonky, sad to say. I'll remove the bottom [ /quote ] and add one up higher, then when I turn formatting back on, it still wraps around the entire thing. Along with a myriad of other weirdness. Just always seems to do the opposite of what I want it to do. And it absolutely hates manually entering the "[ quote ]/[ /quote ]" codes.

Quick update on some minor changes. I've disabled AJAX replies, which should help anybody whose been having double post issues when doing quick replies, and not really effect anybody else in any major way. Should also help anybody whose been having issues with   showing up in their post.

Also did some backend character set conversion changes, which nobody should notice or care about.

As a bonus, not sure if any of these changes or some other previous change fixed it without me noticing, but the flash uploader appears functional now. Don't know if it was broken for everybody else or not, but working for me now.

It 

If you're using the plain editor and have multiple QUOTE blocks line breaks above a QUOTE block will be deleted resulting in cramped posts; you have to switch to the full editor before you click on post to get that line break in front of your QUOTE block.

seems

Old links to posts work perfectly fine, the only case where they don't is if the link includes a #pidxxxxxx at the end of it, which seems to break them for whatever reason. I can look into a fix for it, but it's not a major priority as it shouldn't be overly common.

I know this was days ago, but just popping in to mention that this is pretty damned common. It's frustrating.

Other than that, I like the new look.

edit: Also, , everywhere. (Downloaded files)

to

Wow, I haven't visited Loverslab in a long time so I must say I'm pleasantly surprised with this new layout. I almost had to verify that I was on the correct website.  :lol:

If I may point out a minor issue, right now the font size that the message box text uses is not the same (and I don't think it's the same font face either), so what ends up happening is that that our posted message appears to be "smaller" than it actually is when we type. I know it's a minor nitpick but I was hoping you could still try to do something about it, even if it is low priority. Thanks and keep up the good work!

be

I've noticed a lot of issues with the new layout. I can't do any actions except posting new topics, posts and deleting them. When I try to edit or quote anything, there's only preview and attachments, nothing else. Also enter doesn't do anything - paragraphs merge into one after posting. I'm using Opera.

working

I've noticed a lot of issues with the new layout. I can't do any actions except posting new topics, posts and deleting them. When I try to edit or quote anything, there's only preview and attachments, nothing else. Also enter doesn't do anything - paragraphs merge into one after posting. I'm using Opera.

I'll be honest. That made zero sense. It sounds like you described everything you should be able to do perfectly fine. What's your problem with the forums to be exact?

well

Heh, I know it didn't make any sense. I figured it out - it was bandwith overload. There was a problem with loading text window, because Opera has serious problems with loading sites, if my connection is overloaded.

enough

That's what I don't understand.  JS is enabled and works on other sites, and I can't see anything in the forum code that would prevent the element from working - it just doesn't.

Maybe this will help?

Hmm, I have ABP and tried disabling it with no luck.  Time to search around and see what else might be blocking googleapis, thanks for the heads-up I didn't even think of that lol. :blush:

for

Question. I don't even know if it was something you could do in the old layout or not. But is there a way you can upload an attachment for a private message?

me.

It's still wonky, sad to say. I'll remove the bottom [ /quote ] and add one up higher, then when I turn formatting back on, it still wraps around the entire thing. Along with a myriad of other weirdness. Just always seems to do the opposite of what I want it to do. And it absolutely hates manually entering the "[ quote ]/[ /quote ]" codes.

^ This. I try to multi-quote and respond to just a sentence per person, and it comes out all messed up. It drives me crazy.

It seems fine on my end. If you've already tried doing what Ashal suggested then it might be an issue with your web browser. It could be an addon/extension that's preventing the multiquotes from working properly, or maybe its the browser itself. For example, Opera (as good as it is) is quite notorious for not rendering pages the same way that Chrome or Firefox would, so elements tend to execute improperly. If anything, double-check that you see a little POP-UP menu that says "reply to all posts" at the bottom right corner when you multi-quote posts.

It's not about the getting the quotes. I can snatch a billion quotes perfectly fine.

Splitting works fine for me too.

It's when I try to edit them down, into the little snippets that I actually want to talk about,

Oh?

that I'll experience issues.

Never had a problem with it, typing them in manually on either the bbcode editor or the wysiwyg editor. Obviously splitting up a quote like that requires using just the bbcode editor.

It's not about the getting the quotes. I can snatch a billion quotes perfectly fine. It's when I try to edit them down, into the little snippets that I actually want to talk about, that I'll experience issues.

You need to do that with the switch turned on first, works fine my end - you just have to manually delete the blocks of text you want from the reply you're quoting, which is what I've always done anyway, and then revert to the new format. Nothing gets messed up on my end if I do that.

Are 'Spoiler' tags not working for anyone else? Nothing happens when I click the "Show" button (I'm using Chrome).

Sounds like you may have something like a 'noscript' plugin being used by your browser.

Check your browser settings and see what it is not allowing on loverslab.

Mem

nmemosis, on 25 Feb 2013 - 13:19, said:
Hi all, i would like to understand why I can not see the images and files? a place I see that icon show marked, and when I click on the icon nothing happens, is it voluntary ? * sorry for this english because i'm not.

If you are referring to not being able to see imgurl pictures it's because it's a crap image uploader you have to right click the picture copy image url and paste it into a new tab then hit enter to get them to show up right. 

It's seems after last night downtime I can no longer see or find any of my threads/post under content. My threads/post under content now only show this.  There is no information to show.

Now I'm back to not being able to keep track of post once again and being able to go directly to that post to see and read the new ones that showed up after it.

This may be related to the current problems with "Search" - I cannot view my own content (ie: going to the drop-down menu near my name & selecting "My Content" returns no results).  :huh:

It is indeed related. But I also just finished fixing search a couple seconds, soooo....