New Site Layout

as much as i dont like the new forum we will have to adapt and accept it. Ashal payed for it and also he wanted to bring new stuff to the community wich im very grateful. some years ago i managed an online game with its own forum (in spanish), so i know what is to be in the other side. i once updated the forum software and everything was erased by mistake, imagine the mess it was, luckily i was able to restore the db and i had to get back to the old theme. it was a pain in the ass. i just wasted money for the forum upgrade, money wich i could used, but i made a sacrifice wihtout asking anything back. Ashal its showing us that he cares for the community, we atleast have to appreciate that effort. thanks. :lol:

First, I am going to say that the site looks nice. It is very clean and elegant.

Second, I can't figure out how to do a search through the forum topics. In the old layout, there was a box that I could type a term into if I wanted to search through an entire forum topic. For example, if I was looking for mods that work with CHSBHC, I would type that in, and all the threads that mentioned CHSBHC would appear in a handy list. Now, I can't search, making it harder to find clothing mods for my body mod of choice.

Select the gear symbol to the right of the search box, it will open the advaned search menu.

Since it fooled me for a bit too, I'm gonna have to take it upon myself to point out that Chase's post has a second line that is darn near invisible, at least on my monitor.

Yes, I noticed this when I quoted it to tell him that we most likely won't be going back to the old software.

Guest Lehshara

Another thing to note, the screenshot in the header, I hate it. It was the best I could come up with on a short notice however, if anybody is willing to give it a try, I'd much appreciate a better one. The dimensions should be 1600x125.

Tada!

[spoiler=Header numbah 1]34509x0.jpg

[spoiler=Header numbah 2]2vni5n7.png

[spoiler=Header numbah 3]6f3692.png

[spoiler=Header numbah 4]2lllh6a.png

Those are the worst:

[spoiler=Fail numbah 1]15p31w5.png

[spoiler=Fail numbah 2]2sa1g1h.png

[spoiler=Fail Numbah 3]35zqa.png

[spoiler=Fail numbah 4]709pp5.png

For some bizarre reason I can't figure out, clicking on the 'Show' button for hidden comments is broken for me. I'm using Firefox, but they work fine in IE9. Since a couple of versions ago, FF has been ridiculously unreliable when downloading medium-large (20mb+) files so maybe it's time to jump ship to another browser anyway.

I guess I'll have to go back on my promise to never use MS POS software and use IE for LL until Mozilla get off their backsides and start fixing this terrible browser heh.

For some bizarre reason I can't figure out, clicking on the 'Show' button for hidden comments is broken for me. I'm using Firefox, but they work fine in IE9. Since a couple of versions ago, FF has been ridiculously unreliable when downloading medium-large (20mb+) files so maybe it's time to jump ship to another browser anyway. I guess I'll have to go back on my promise to never use MS POS software and use IE for LL until Mozilla get off their backsides and start fixing this terrible browser heh.

Make sure you don't have javascript disabled on LL for Firefox.

And why you would jump from Firefox to IE is beyond me, the obvious jump would be to Chrome, the one true browser.

Make sure you don't have javascript disabled on LL for Firefox.

And why you would jump from Firefox to IE is beyond me, the obvious jump would be to Chrome, the one true browser.

That's what I don't understand.  JS is enabled and works on other sites, and I can't see anything in the forum code that would prevent the element from working - it just doesn't.

As for Chrome... meh.  I really wish I could like that browser, but after trying it for a month I just came away genuinely hating it even more than Opera lol.  As much as I hate IE, it works and is familiar, and I'll only be using it for LL anyway.  (Incidentally, I'm writing this post in IE and didn't even see the formatting controls in FF lol) :D

Guest Plastrader

That's what I don't understand.  JS is enabled and works on other sites, and I can't see anything in the forum code that would prevent the element from working - it just doesn't.

Maybe this will help?

Quick update on some minor changes. I've disabled AJAX replies, which should help anybody whose been having double post issues when doing quick replies, and not really effect anybody else in any major way. Should also help anybody whose been having issues with   showing up in their post.

Also did some backend character set conversion changes, which nobody should notice or care about.

As a bonus, not sure if any of these changes or some other previous change fixed it without me noticing, but the flash uploader appears functional now. Don't know if it was broken for everybody else or not, but working for me now.

Old links to posts work perfectly fine, the only case where they don't is if the link includes a #pidxxxxxx at the end of it, which seems to break them for whatever reason. I can look into a fix for it, but it's not a major priority as it shouldn't be overly common.

I know this was days ago, but just popping in to mention that this is pretty damned common. It's frustrating.

Other than that, I like the new look.

edit: Also, %20, %20 everywhere. (Downloaded files)

Wow, I haven't visited Loverslab in a long time so I must say I'm pleasantly surprised with this new layout. I almost had to verify that I was on the correct website.  :lol:

If I may point out a minor issue, right now the font size that the message box text uses is not the same (and I don't think it's the same font face either), so what ends up happening is that that our posted message appears to be "smaller" than it actually is when we type. I know it's a minor nitpick but I was hoping you could still try to do something about it, even if it is low priority. Thanks and keep up the good work!

I've noticed a lot of issues with the new layout. I can't do any actions except posting new topics, posts and deleting them. When I try to edit or quote anything, there's only preview and attachments, nothing else. Also enter doesn't do anything - paragraphs merge into one after posting. I'm using Opera.

I'll be honest. That made zero sense. It sounds like you described everything you should be able to do perfectly fine. What's your problem with the forums to be exact?

Maybe this will help?

Hmm, I have ABP and tried disabling it with no luck.  Time to search around and see what else might be blocking googleapis, thanks for the heads-up I didn't even think of that lol. :blush:

It's possible you don't have it, for a while Contributors weren't allowed to Report posts. :P I've attached a screenshot of what I see.

Nope. T_T All I've got on the bottom is Add Reply, Preview Post, and Cancel. 

Okay, so I tested a bit more this morning. Apparently, I CAN add attachments, but not to any thread in the announcement subthread, or PM's. I checked in gaming and in general discussion and had the option to add an attachment there. Now I don't even know. :\

one question for admins. How happy/sad are you with choosing IPboard over vbulletin. Just curious. Where most of the problems with migration or the default neew setup itself is a lot of work. I am asking because someone at work was asking which is better IPboard or vbulletin and personally I havent used either from an admin/mod standpoint.

one question for admins. How happy/sad are you with choosing IPboard over vbulletin. Just curious. Where most of the problems with migration or the default neew setup itself is a lot of work. I am asking because someone at work was asking which is better IPboard or vbulletin and personally I havent used either from an admin/mod standpoint.

Very happy. I started off planning to move to vbulletin but ended up with IPBoard after having to many problems, IPBoard's convert tools for migration were miles ahead of vb's impex system, and customer support was much more willing to help and quick to respond when I had a problem. I also find the admin and moderator panels much cleaner and easier to navigate.