(v1.4.3) Mod Organizer 2 & Other tools - From zero to "Hey Sexlab is working!"

I am struggling to setup body slide I don't know how to make a CBBE body HDT i don't know how to set the bars up so when my female character gets pregnent the body changes as well as the breast but all they do is form then disappear. please help me

20200416_030749.jpg

7 hours ago, Kamishiami said:

LOOT was not resolved by restarting. So do I have to uninstall the game and everything else and reinstall everything again?

Not the entire game, but you could remove LOOT/MO2 and start from scratch with all your mods.

Could I pay you for pp to install what I need? through teamviewer.

Unfortunately I have not much free time at the moment so I don't think I'll be able to do it soon. I'd recommend you to start fresh and read each section before doing anything so you can have a clear idea of what you'll be doing.

14 hours ago, kitten6898 said:

I am struggling to setup body slide I don't know how to make a CBBE body HDT

There is no CBBE HDT body in Bodyslide for SE. As I wrote in step 8.4 there is“CBBE Body Special” (If you installed CBPC) or “CBBE Body” (if you didn’t installed CBPC). There is also CBBE Body Physics which is like Special but without vagina collision. So either pick CBBE Special or CBBE Physics. Selected it in "Outfit/Body" and build or Batch build your set(s) using your desired Preset.

35421.png.ada5a68b3e317259fa404c29341e803e.png

14 hours ago, kitten6898 said:

i don't know how to set the bars up so when my female character gets pregnent the body changes as well as the breast but all they do is form then disappear.

You don't have to do that manually. You shouldn't do that. The mod you use to emulate pregnancy should apply the changes automatically. All you have to do is make sure you're building all the sets with "Build morphs" enabled. If you manually change the sliders, all the female bodies will have that look always.

7 hours ago, dontknowdontcaredontask said:

Not the entire game, but you could remove LOOT/MO2 and start from scratch with all your mods.

Unfortunately I have not much free time at the moment so I don't think I'll be able to do it soon. I'd recommend you to start fresh and read each section before doing anything so you can have a clear idea of what you'll be doing.

I don't have time to try what to do either, I just followed the guide and now I'm stuck. Could you send me a private message when you have time? Thank you.

I formatted the drives and reinstalled the windows as well as the video card and so on. When you start skyrim, it does not appear in the my games / skyrim folder

set skyrim.ini, and skyrimprefs.ini, only skyrim, and skyrimprefs without ini. What can cause this?

2 hours ago, Xamdir said:

only skyrim, and skyrimprefs without ini. What can cause this?

File extensions are hidden by default in Windows. If the files are created after starting the game (or the launcher) at least once, you're fine.

If you want to see the file extensions do this:

1. Open any folder/File explorer in Windows
  2. Expand the folder menu (the "v" button near the top-right corner)
  3. Go to View
  4. Enable "File name extensions

(reference picture taken from somewhere, somewhere, the Internet)

show-hidden-file-extensions-windows-10.jpg.acb61306f28ea2dbc52e7224a31e4dea.jpg

On 4/16/2020 at 9:26 AM, dontknowdontcaredontask said:

I can already uninstall the LOOT, the "MO" I don't know how to uninstall, just remove the checks I had from the mods and disconnect it from nexus, and with BethINI I made a backup of the skyrim.ini and skyrimprefs.ini and I already returned them As they were, I don't know how to uninstall BethINI to start from 0.

I can already uninstall the LOOT, the "MO" I don't know how to uninstall, just remove the checks I had from the mods and disconnect it from nexus, and with BethINI I made a backup of the skyrim.ini and skyrimprefs.ini and I already returned them As they were, I don't know how to uninstall BethINI to start from 0.

To remove MO just delete the "Mod Organizer 2" folder. With this you'll lose any downloaded/installed mods and any custom settings you made in MO2, but if you really want to uninstall MO2 that's the way to do it. If you want to re-locate MO2 you can move the "Mod Organizer 2" folder to where you want and it will work for the most part (all you need to do is setup all the executables again, as the file paths are not updated automatically).

BethINI isn't installed, so all you can do is undo any changes to the INI files. For this you have two choices

1. Delete the skyrim.ini and skyrimprefs.ini and use the backups BethINI made to restore the vanilla inis (just rename the backups to the default names).
  2. Delete every ini file in "My Games\Skyrim Special Edition" and use the Skyrim SE Launcher once (the vanilla launcher), that will generate a new set of vanilla ini.

But BethINI changes shouldn't need to be re-done. You can leave the ini fles created with BethINI in your Documents and when the time comes, you can move these into the profiles folder of MO2 and done.

An error was reported when starting Mo2: the plugin_python.dll file is causing the problem. I would have another question: Step suggests that we only overwrite the ini files in the mod organizer with bethini, does that work that way?

image.png

Képernyőfelvétel (2).png

An error was reported when starting Mo2: the plugin_python.dll file is causing the problem.

I've never seen that error, but as I understand it, python is only needed for the INI editor (so everything else should work fine). Try to keep it enabled and start MO again (perhaps setting it to run as admin might help). See if the error persist, downloading the file again and overwriting your current MO2 with the newly downloaded files might solve it (you'll keep all your downloaded/installed mods, some settings might reset to default). This is likely an issue between your OS and MO2, but I can't find recent reports about the issue to confirm if its a common thing or how to solve it.

Step suggests that we only overwrite the ini files in the mod organizer with bethini, does that work that way?

That's how I do it in this guide. On step 2.1 BethINI creates a new set of ini files optimized on the default folder (Documents\My Games\Skyrim...). On step 5.2 we move those ini files created by BethINI to the location MO uses.

There is a way to setup BethINI to automatically create the ini files in the location for MO, but I prefer to move them manually, so the ini files are present at the default location (under Documents\My Games...) and in the MO folder. Some tools (like xEdit) will look for the ini files on the default location, so it's best to have a set of ini files properly configured by BethINI in there too. Besides, by doing it manually the users know where to locate those files.

10 hours ago, dontknowdontcaredontask said:

To remove MO just delete the "Mod Organizer 2" folder. With this you'll lose any downloaded/installed mods and any custom settings you made in MO2, but if you really want to uninstall MO2 that's the way to do it. If you want to re-locate MO2 you can move the "Mod Organizer 2" folder to where you want and it will work for the most part (all you need to do is setup all the executables again, as the file paths are not updated automatically).

BethINI isn't installed, so all you can do is undo any changes to the INI files. For this you have two choices

1. Delete the skyrim.ini and skyrimprefs.ini and use the backups BethINI made to restore the vanilla inis (just rename the backups to the default names).
  2. Delete every ini file in "My Games\Skyrim Special Edition" and use the Skyrim SE Launcher once (the vanilla launcher), that will generate a new set of vanilla ini.

But BethINI changes shouldn't need to be re-done. You can leave the ini fles created with BethINI in your Documents and when the time comes, you can move these into the profiles folder of MO2 and done.

ok, i understood, now i'm trying to use vortex, i already have basic textures and for some reason when i install sexlab, the character stays with open arms and doesn't walk, he crawls, just like all NPCs. In Vortex external changes appear to me and I have tried all the options and it is the same.
Install FNIS with the GamerPoets tutorial. I only get the error when I install sexlab.

52 minutes ago, Kamishiami said:

ok, i understood, now i'm trying to use vortex, i already have basic textures and for some reason when i install sexlab, the character stays with open arms and doesn't walk, he crawls, just like all NPCs. In Vortex external changes appear to me and I have tried all the options and it is the same.
Install FNIS with the GamerPoets tutorial. I only get the error when I install sexlab.

If you're using Vortex I can't help you as I've never used it and the whole guide revolves around MO2. There might be another guide to use it somewhere around, although I don't know any.

The issue you comment about character not walking and standing with open arms sounds like the classic T-pose you get when FNIS isn't used properly. If you say it happens when you install sexlab you might have the wrong version installed (SE in LE or the other way around). FNIS should give you warnings if you enable the HKX compatibility check and run the GenerateFNISforUsers.

Here is a guide https://www.loverslab.com/blogs/entry/10715-2020-skyrim-le-stability-guide/?ct=1587314404&_fromLogin=1
Where to create a SKSE.ini file in this path Programs \ Steam \ steamapps \ common \ Skyrim \ Data / SKSE
The question is whether or not this alternative path is appropriate when using MO2: Programs \ Tools \ Mod Organizer 2 \ mods \ skse_1_07_03
Alternatively, I might install it into the game as well.
Although it wouldn't be good for both places ....
I use Skyrim LE

1 hour ago, Xamdir said:

Here is a guide https://www.loverslab.com/blogs/entry/10715-2020-skyrim-le-stability-guide/?ct=1587314404&_fromLogin=1
Where to create a SKSE.ini file in this path Programs \ Steam \ steamapps \ common \ Skyrim \ Data / SKSE
The question is whether or not this alternative path is appropriate when using MO2: Programs \ Tools \ Mod Organizer 2 \ mods \ skse_1_07_03
I use Skyrim LE

Will not make any difference if you install the ini file in the data directory and through mo, the mo install will simply overwrite the manual install.

5 hours ago, Xamdir said:

The SKSE.ini is installed in MO2\mods as any other mod, described in step 4.3. But as Varithina says, it doesn't matter if you have that file in your actual game folder or in MO2 (MO2 having priority always). Since the guide is about MO2, the skse.ini is installed through MO2.

On 4/23/2020 at 11:17 PM, Bert Goldsteen said:

This is a great guide and you can really tell the amount of work that went into every last little detail.

I've been really out of the loop modding SE and this did wonders to get me back on track.

Thanks a lot, mate.

Thanks for the kind words. I did this with the hope people would learn a bit and benefit from having all this info into one place. Because I still remember the first days when I found this site and boy is it a ride to learn even the basics about some stuff.

4 hours ago, dontknowdontcaredontask said:

Thanks for the kind words. I did this with the hope people would learn a bit and benefit from having all this info into one place. Because I still remember the first days when I found this site and boy is it a ride to learn even the basics about some stuff.

Do not suppose you managed to snag the construction kit ini edit that allowed scripts to compile under mo by any chance?  The one that added to the paths settings in it.

04.3 Installing SKSE.INI

From the download of the page/link I don't get the "download" in the MO. I get "can't open .nxm" basically.

This probably is a Windows problem, but it still drives me nuts.

Up to that point, I followed the instructions.

9 hours ago, Varithina said:

Do not suppose you managed to snag the construction kit ini edit that allowed scripts to compile under mo by any chance?  The one that added to the paths settings in it.

Do you mean the file path with the Papyrus header in creationkit.ini?

[Papyrus]

sScriptSourceFolder=".\Data\Scripts\Source"
sCompilerFolder=".\Papyrus Compiler\"
sScriptCompiledFolder=".\Data\Scripts\"

I don't use CK that often, nor compile scripts myself, but I'm almost certain you don't need a different path in there. The CK should be added to MO2 as any other executable and the virtual folder system should do the rest. I'm aware MO2 had issues with compiling scripts due to the VFS in the past, but in recent versions it seems like this issue was addressed. See comment by isanae about it.

2 hours ago, TokayGris said:

From the download of the page/link I don't get the "download" in the MO. I get "can't open .nxm" basically.

This probably is a Windows problem, but it still drives me nuts.

That's a browser thing. You should see a message the first time you try to use the "mod manager download" button asking about to handle nxm links (similar to how you see a message about handling torrent magnet links). I don't know which browser are you using, but I know for sure it works with the most common ones (chrome, firefox, opera). Make sure you completed step 3.4 successfully (your MO2 shows your nexus account name in the window tittle, as shown in the screenshot below).

354124.png.33d0123bbed88d007880f559249cd8e2.png

5 hours ago, dontknowdontcaredontask said:

Do you mean the file path with the Papyrus header in creationkit.ini?

I don't use CK that often, nor compile scripts myself, but I'm almost certain you don't need a different path in there. The CK should be added to MO2 as any other executable and the virtual folder system should do the rest. I'm aware MO2 had issues with compiling scripts due to the VFS in the past, but in recent versions it seems like this issue was addressed. See comment by isanae about it.

Ah, right I have not tried to compile scripts for some time myself, and yes it was something like adding the mod organiser mods directory path as an addition to the paths location, it was a few years ago that I last used it though and that was with mo itself not mo2.

23 hours ago, dontknowdontcaredontask said:

That's a browser thing.

Thanks, I klicked wrong one time and that was where the trouble started. Did it again and it did work.

Well, enthusiastic as I was, I got it to work, it did work, I installed a few other mods, they did work. All was good.

But then I had a problem with my big monitor. 3440x1440. I could not access all the menu options. So I looked for a solution. And that's when things went south.

For some reason in between, my virus scanner made unreasonable requests ("Skyrim was blocked from changing the savefiles" - Ehm...), so I changed that.

Then I tried some things with the resolution. And THAT was the moment I obviously fucked up.

Because NOW for some reason unknown to me, when I start "SKSE" to run Skyrim SE, it starts the Skyrim Launcher. Which obviously does not work. But I can't find anything where I can go back to where I was. Except, of course, do it all again. Which will take a few hours...

Still: It is a great howto to do it, thanks for that!

Any idea what I did wrong and how to solve it?

1 hour ago, TokayGris said:

Any idea what I did wrong and how to solve it?

For resolution: I think you mean resolution in game. You can set that with BethINI (it usually takes your native resolution by default), that information is stored in the skyrimprefs.ini file. If you need to change it later remember to do it in the ini files inside MO2 (it's located in "Mod Organizer 2\profiles\default\skyrimprefs.ini"). There you can open the ini and edit these lines

[Display]

(...)

iSize H=1440
iSize W=3440

(...)

H=height ; W=width.

For the antivirus warning: as I commented in a couple of places on the guide, I recommend to make a folder exclusion for your Skyrim install (Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim...) and for your working folder (the folder where you have MO2 and every other tool you installed during this guide).

For your last problem, make sure you have selected SKSE as the current executable to run (check the screenshot in step 10.1). If you see other executable in there just click over it to open the list and select SKSE instead. Most likely you opened that list and changed it without noticing. If you went into the Skyrim Launcher to change your resolution please don't. The Skyrim Launcher won't do a good job at keeping the other settings BethINI made, and I think the launcher will change the files in your Documents only, while you need to edit the ones in MO2 as I said before.