(v1.4.3) Mod Organizer 2 & Other tools - From zero to "Hey Sexlab is working!"

1 hour ago, dontknowdontcaredontask said:

If you want to undo whatever change BethINI did all you need to do is

• delete the skyim.ini and skyrimprefs.ini in your "\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition" (you can also delete the bethini backup folder and the bethini backups of these two ini files too).
  • delete the skyrim.ini and skyrimprefs.ini in your "\Mod Organizer 2\profiles\Default" (don't delete any other ini or txt files in there).
  • Use the SkyrimSE Launcher again, this will generate a new set of ini files untouched by BethINI (I think just launching the game does this too, but better be on the safe side). MO will create its own set of new ini files too.

That's all you need. BethINI doesn't do anything other than provide you with a preset for these two ini files.

If you are experiencing tearing your BethINI settings must have contained the VSync setting disabled. All you have to do is go to skyrimprefs.ini and look for this line

And change it to "=1". That will enable the game vsync. Note that your GPU driver might overwrite that setting (default behavior is let each application handle it, so this would mean you or other software changed it intentionally). So if you keep getting tearing after enabling iVSync in skyrimprefs.ini you should check your GPU's control panel and see if you have any custom setting for Skyrim or 3D applications in general.

If you have any other doubt or you're experiencing issues feel free to ask about it. A 50%-60% success is not the aim of my guide. I myself have used the steps indicated in this guide at least 2 times to perform a full reinstall (even in different computers) and haven't find any issues. But perhaps I'm doing something that I didn't wrote in the guide, thus the feedback from others is crucial.

speaking of which, there was no profile folder in MO2, as far as i know MO2 for me is pretty different to other people MO2... and i have no clue why.

do i have to make the folder?

also, iv been known to have the weirdest luck with computers, as i have done test and found that, for some reason, this computer will treat things inconsistently, as in i can repeat steps to a T and have them give me different results.

1 hour ago, Tugstone said:

speaking of which, there was no profile folder in MO2, as far as i know MO2 for me is pretty different to other people MO2... and i have no clue why.

do i have to make the folder?

The profile folder should be created once you launch MO for the first time. The only way to not have that folder in your main "Mod Organizer 2" folder is using another instance other than "Portable" (which you should select the first time you launch MO after a fresh download, as per the instructions). If you didn't pick Portable the profiles folder must be in another folder, and honestly I can't say where because that's up to how you setup that non-portable instance.

Even then, you can check the path if you open MO, go to Settings and in the "Paths" tab you'll see the folder path for the different folders MO use. By default in a portable Instance the path for profiles is "%BASE_DIR%/profiles" (which means "Mod Organizer 2\profiles\" if the folder where you have all the MO files is called "Mod Organizer 2"). You can still use MO with your profiles in another path, you'll just have to take that into account whenever you need to do something related to MO's profiles.

1 hour ago, Tugstone said:

also, iv been known to have the weirdest luck with computers, as i have done test and found that, for some reason, this computer will treat things inconsistently, as in i can repeat steps to a T and have them give me different results.

I don't know what to say about this. I know computers are a bit tricky, not everyone has to be that tech savvy, there are OS settings that might be unknown to most people and it can effect modding tools or mod files in general... but to be honest the way I've done things should reduce the chances external factor messing with the install and setup of the whole guide. If you give me a clear example I could try to help you and we might discover what's happening in your particular case.

On 3/6/2020 at 5:32 PM, dontknowdontcaredontask said:

The profile folder should be created once you launch MO for the first time. The only way to not have that folder in your main "Mod Organizer 2" folder is using another instance other than "Portable" (which you should select the first time you launch MO after a fresh download, as per the instructions). If you didn't pick Portable the profiles folder must be in another folder, and honestly I can't say where because that's up to how you setup that non-portable instance.

Even then, you can check the path if you open MO, go to Settings and in the "Paths" tab you'll see the folder path for the different folders MO use. By default in a portable Instance the path for profiles is "%BASE_DIR%/profiles" (which means "Mod Organizer 2\profiles\" if the folder where you have all the MO files is called "Mod Organizer 2"). You can still use MO with your profiles in another path, you'll just have to take that into account whenever you need to do something related to MO's profiles.

I don't know what to say about this. I know computers are a bit tricky, not everyone has to be that tech savvy, there are OS settings that might be unknown to most people and it can effect modding tools or mod files in general... but to be honest the way I've done things should reduce the chances external factor messing with the install and setup of the whole guide. If you give me a clear example I could try to help you and we might discover what's happening in your particular case.

alright, thank you! ill get back to you once i find something.

also, i think i got it fixed, i pretty much just uninstalled and reinstalled most of the things and skiped the Bethesda.ini file thing, so far its been able to run and opporate, its just with creatures is where it struggled in the past, im going to take it slow and see if i can get testing and see which mod is responsible for the issues.

• 2 weeks later...

Added step

13.5 Adding "Address Library for SKSE Plugins" - a welcome help to deal with updates

This new meh321 creation will reduce, and hopefully eliminate entirely, the need to update certain mods each time Bethesda pushes a new Skyrim SE update to sell their crappy club stuff.

This is just a library, so other mods will need to be updated to use it. After that, authors won't need to worry about rushing updates just to be compatible with the latest Skyrim SE / SKSE release.

Just to recap:

• Install as any other mod and leave it enabled in your MO's left panel.
  • Keep it updated, as well as other mods that release new versions of mods (follow each mod description/instructions for updating if needed).
  • If a new Skyrim SE update is released, wait and check that every mod you use, SKSE and this library are updated to support it before updating your game through Steam.

Removed most mention of version for specific mods, you should always aim to use the latest one (taking into account the Skyrim SE/SKSE compatibility as always).

I'll take a break from playing Skyrim, so I won't add or change stuff in the near future. The guide should be totally functional as it is, even if the game, SKSE and mods are updated. The only exception would be a new tool updated or released that changes things drastically, in which case I'll take a look and update the instructions as needed. I'll keep an eye on the forums too, so I'll be available if there is doubts about any step of the guide.

Peace out, and read everything.

27 minutes ago, Xamdir said:

Do you only need to select one for FNIS?

What do you mean by select one for FNIS? I understand you're doing a LE install, so you should use FNIS for LE, the same rules apply.

1. You need the FNIS Behavior.
  2. FNIS Creatures is optional but needed if you want creature animations to work in sexlab and similar mods.
  3. You need to setup GenerateFNISforUsers to run with MO. And you have to use it whenever you add or remove a mod with animations.
32 minutes ago, Xamdir said:

Do you need bodyslide 64 exe , or bodyslide exe for final tuning?

MO2 is capable of using both 64 and 32 bit applications, so you can use both actually. I think the only difference is the access to memory the application will have, being the 64 version better in this regard. The end result (the generated nif and tri files) will be the same. Just make sure you're using the Bodyslide version for LE and not SE. 

13 minutes ago, Xamdir said:

I referred to a point in the FNIS menu: Skeleton arm fix. Is this one enough or does it need another? For example, compatible videos.

Oh you mean the available patches. The skeleton arm fix is mandatory. The HKX compatibility check can be used in both LE or SE, all it does is warn you about incompatible animations, so I recommend to enable it to be sure you didn't install the wrong version of any mod with animations.

Hello !

Thank you for the help (I haven't done it yet, but I'm replacing it now) and the other content really helped a lot. I installed Skyrim LE edition primarily because it has the most translations available in my native language. In hindsight, I also found that it looks better in graphics and colors with the same settings. I had a little problem managing the LE version of bodyslide. I created a BodySlide output mod according to your description, where the right bodies and the right clothes will go. But something suspicious about handling Bodyslide when I click on the batch build the clothes are listed (many), + hands, feet, body UNP Here's a picture of the settings

1647555841_DesktopScreenshot2020_03.31-21_54_34_19.png.39164abbe957b9f5733c9e7d1cd7de9a.png

I ask your advice to deal with this

1 hour ago, Xamdir said:

But something suspicious about handling Bodyslide when I click on the batch build the clothes are listed (many), + hands, feet, body UNP

If you batch build without using group filters you'll get that long list, which contains all the bodies and outfits sets. You either carefully select the ones you want, or you use group filters to reduce the amount of sets. The best way to do this is

1. build the body first (a single set of body+hands+feet using the same preset, selecting a physics/HDT model if you intend to use HDT and a nude body set)
  2. go into the groups filter and check the groups you have available
    1. if you use a mod to replace the vanilla outfits and see a group for these sets enable it
    2. if you use other mods to add outfits or other parts that need to be built in BS select them too
    3. check the Outfit/Body list and make sure you see all the outfits you have installed
    4. press Batch build, select them in the list and done.

The worst thing that can happen if don't use group filters is building repeated body/outfits sets (for example the HDT nude model and the non HDT nude model). And some armor mods don't have a proper group to filter, so even if you select all the groups you see for your mods, there might be outfits that won't be built in BS. If you see a mod that doesn't its own group you can still build them, just need to select them carefully in the list with all your sets (like the picture you posted).

1 hour ago, Xamdir said:

I checked with NifSkope the body and equipment files in the Bodyslide output, and that is fine. But in the game, only the gear appears well.

And what doesn't appear well? the body? if so, make sure you select just the body parts you want to build, not all the body variants.

And about the "something wrong", all I can see is several conflicts (the stuff highlighted in red on your left panel). It happens always, but your left panel could use some organizing really.

• You have Papyrus Util very high on that modlist, but it's being overwritten (by Sexlab most likely) so it's redundant in that place, if you really want to have the latest papUtil version you should place it even below Sexlab and make sure there are no red minus signs for it.
  • The Bodyslide output is also really high there, it should be near the end for it to work as intended. You can even see a gray lighting bolt icon, indicating it's a totally redundant mod because other mod are overwriting every single file inside that Bodyslide output.
  • Your skeleton (XP32...) is being overwritten by other mods, which isn't optimal in most cases. Now, you have a lot of Yiffy-related mods, which might provide its own skeleton, not sure as I've never used those mods. Check the install instructions and make sure you're not letting other mods overwrite your skeleton unless is strictly necessary.
  • You have the unofficial patch+unofficial HR patch near the middle of your modlist, when it should be really near the top so other mods can have priority if needed. Same applies to other mods that fixes stuff (like Weapon and armor fixes or clothing and clutter fixes).
  • You have Sexlab framework 162 and then another mod called just "Sexlab" no idea what that is, but it's something I'd look into (at least fix the name to reflect which mod is in there).
  • SOS is near the end of your modlist, so it might be overwriting your XP32 skeleton (which is not recommended).

To sort your left panel you can follow my suggested order in step 11.2, or follow the common recommendation of trying to match your left panel with your right panel (modlist and loadorder). This means placing the unofficial patches near the top as the unofficial patch.esp is near the top of your loadorder, along with Clothing and clutter fixes and so on. Even then you'll have to check in game if everything is working as intended and move some mods in your left panel to fix some conflicts after your tests.

15 minutes ago, Xamdir said:

The other sexlab: sexlab light me up. XP32 is only required for certain body types for Yiffy Age to work. Here's the new order, it's working!

That looks better. Minor tweak: place the generated FNIS and Bodyslide output at the end of your left panel so you're 100% sure nothing overwrite these files. Other than that, looks good but you'll have to test if everything works in game and maybe adjust some stuff (it really depends on the mods each person uses so there is no way to tell other than testing it).

5 hours ago, KonradSimon said:

Just...wow.  This may be the best manual of this kind I've ever come across. Even *I* didn't screw it up, and that's my super-power. Thanks for all the work you put into it!

Thank you. I tried to make it as foolproof as possible because, you see, I'm a fool. I also know how it is to just discover this site or mods in general. You want X mod, but it requires A, B and C. And C requires H and N. So by the time you're done, you have the whole alphabet installed. But then you need to use some mods or tools features in order to play. So it's not just a matter of what to install but why and how does it work. That's the main goal here. After that, each user should be able to add mods on their own or use another guide/modlist as a reference.

I'm glad it was useful to you.

The screenshot only shows half of the window you have open, but I gather it's the MO add-mod-from-an-archive window? If that's the case you don't have to do that. All you need to do is open the "skse64_xxx" folder in the file you downloaded from the SKSE website (which was extracted, as per the previous instruction), then go into the Data folder and right click on the Scripts folder (in the screenshot you're in Scripts/Source, that won't work...). Then select "Add to "Scripts.7z"", or in Spanish "Añadir a "Scripts.7z"" as I see your OS is in spanish. For this last part you need to have 7zip installed (link to download it is posted before the step1).

1 hour ago, dontknowdontcaredontask said:

The screenshot only shows half of the window you have open, but I gather it's the MO add-mod-from-an-archive window? If that's the case you don't have to do that. All you need to do is open the "skse64_xxx" folder in the file you downloaded from the SKSE website (which was extracted, as per the previous instruction), then go into the Data folder and right click on the Scripts folder (in the screenshot you're in Scripts/Source, that won't work...). Then select "Add to "Scripts.7z"", or in Spanish "Añadir a "Scripts.7z"" as I see your OS is in spanish. For this last part you need to have 7zip installed (link to download it is posted before the step1).

I didn't get it right at first, thank you very much

Did you place MO2 inside your actual Skyrim Special Edition install? The second screenshot makes me think you did. If that's the case, the error might be caused because the folder path is too long for Windows to properly manage it (yes, this is a OS limitation with the length of install paths). I recommend you to move MO2 outside of your Steam...\Skyrim SE folder and put it in a folder near E:\ (same for every other external tool you might use in the future, like SSE Edit, DynDOLOD, etc.).

On 4/13/2020 at 10:27 AM, dontknowdontcaredontask said:

Did you place MO2 inside your actual Skyrim Special Edition install? The second screenshot makes me think you did. If that's the case, the error might be caused because the folder path is too long for Windows to properly manage it (yes, this is a OS limitation with the length of install paths). I recommend you to move MO2 outside of your Steam...\Skyrim SE folder and put it in a folder near E:\ (same for every other external tool you might use in the future, like SSE Edit, DynDOLOD, etc.).

https://imgur.com/a/jWPmWuK

https://imgur.com/UO5rO29

There is the route and the MOD2.

So does it not affect anything if I remove the folder and put it somewhere else?

Now I put it on Disk E. but I get that message.

https://imgur.com/a/Vlc2Awv

In step

06.3 Order your charger

https://imgur.com/a/BYHHsUc

It appears like this in mine, will it be alright?

7 hours ago, joepomalaza@gmail.com said:

There is the route and the MOD2.

So does it not affect anything if I remove the folder and put it somewhere else?

You might need to setup again some executable files if you move the MO2 folder. You shouldn't have it there to begin with, it's one of the recommendations I gave very early (the working folder must be in the same drive but not inside the actual Skyrim/Data folder).

Now I put it on Disk E. but I get that message.

Just hit "Yes".

It appears like this in mine, will it be alright?

No. LOOT says it can't detect your SKSE Scripts and none of your mods is listed there. So there must be something wrong due to you changing folder paths mid procedure. Restart your computer, I've had that LOOT with none of my mods a couple of times and a simple restart solves the issue. Also, at this point you could try to launch FNIS and see if you get the same error as before.

15 hours ago, dontknowdontcaredontask said:

Es posible que deba configurar nuevamente algunos archivos ejecutables si mueve la carpeta MO2. Para empezar, no debería tenerlo allí, es una de las recomendaciones que le di muy temprano (la carpeta de trabajo debe estar en la misma unidad pero no dentro de la carpeta de Skyrim / Data).

Solo presiona "Sí".

No. LOOT dice que no puede detectar sus SKSE Scripts y que ninguno de sus mods está en la lista. Por lo tanto, debe haber algo incorrecto debido a que cambia las rutas de la carpeta a mitad del procedimiento. Reinicie su computadora, he tenido ese BOTE con ninguno de mis mods un par de veces y un simple reinicio resuelve el problema. Además, en este punto, podría intentar iniciar FNIS y ver si obtiene el mismo error que antes.

LOOT was not resolved by restarting. So do I have to uninstall the game and everything else and reinstall everything again?

16 hours ago, dontknowdontcaredontask said:

Es posible que deba configurar nuevamente algunos archivos ejecutables si mueve la carpeta MO2. Para empezar, no debería tenerlo allí, es una de las recomendaciones que le di muy temprano (la carpeta de trabajo debe estar en la misma unidad pero no dentro de la carpeta de Skyrim / Data).

Solo presiona "Sí".

No. LOOT dice que no puede detectar sus SKSE Scripts y que ninguno de sus mods está en la lista. Por lo tanto, debe haber algo incorrecto debido a que cambia las rutas de la carpeta a mitad del procedimiento. Reinicie su computadora, he tenido ese BOTE con ninguno de mis mods un par de veces y un simple reinicio resuelve el problema. Además, en este punto, podría intentar iniciar FNIS y ver si obtiene el mismo error que antes.

Could I pay you for pp to install what I need? through teamviewer.