(v1.4.3) Mod Organizer 2 & Other tools - From zero to "Hey Sexlab is working!"

3 hours ago, S22Bro11 said:

You've mentioned previously this is to do with "not using the FNIS properly" - could you elaborate on this?

Sure, verify the following:

1. You got the proper FNIS version (easy to do as the link is in step 5.1).
  2. You correctly installed it in MO. You must fix the folder structure as mentioned at the start of step 5. The screenshot there shows how to apply the fix, when FNIS is mentioned and linked in step 5.1 there are specific instructions for which folders to open and chose as the data folder.
  3. You added the FNIS executable (GenerateFNISforUsers.exe) successfully to MO. This is covered in step 7.
  4. You launched the FNIS executable from MO as shown in step 7.
  5. You checked the FNIS log (all the text FNIS gives you in the white part of the FNIS window after it finishes) and there are no error or warning lines. This is also mentioned in step 7.

Check these things and if you're still unsure about what's the problem post all the text you get in FNIS after using it.

• 3 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, XanicXD said:

I have skyrim LE, and im on the step of downloading mods. And i have noticed that they get flagged. Im downloading the Skyrim LE versions. If you have any idea why plz help

As I mention in the very first paragraph this is not aimed at Skyrim LE. Even if you get the LE version for the mods LE requires additional mods and settings to get a good start. As I'm not currently playing LE you may have a better time following a guide made for LE (for example the Conglomerate). You can check the steps related to MO and the other tools and use instructions/screenshots from here as a reference, but other than that you should not use this for LE.

And I'm not sure what you mean by getting flagged, so I can't comment on that specifically.

15 hours ago, Just Don't said:

As I mention in the very first paragraph this is not aimed at Skyrim LE. Even if you get the LE version for the mods LE requires additional mods and settings to get a good start. As I'm not currently playing LE you may have a better time following a guide made for LE (for example the Conglomerate). You can check the steps related to MO and the other tools and use instructions/screenshots from here as a reference, but other than that you should not use this for LE.

And I'm not sure what you mean by getting flagged, so I can't comment on that specifically.

thanks for clearing that up at godspeed.  

17 minutes ago, ajmccssjoer said:

I installed loot but its not seeing my installed mods

Did you launch LOOT through MO as per the instructions? If you did and your mods don't appear in the LOOT UI restart your computer once and try again. I've seen it once or twice after doing a new install or after deleting some temp files, restarting my computer is enough to solve it and it shouldn't happen again.

On 1/20/2021 at 9:12 AM, rayoII said:

First I would like to say thanks for all the help here.

I got a problem when I try to use the body-slider tool in MO2. After to set it, I find nothing in outfit/body. Any type of body to work with. Any idea about what I am doing wrong?

Are you sure you pointed it to your current SE install? The first time you try to launch it through MO you should get this

image.png.fe11f5967ced68860403b3b60cd31521.png

The folder path in there should be your real game install. If you don't see that window now (because you've already launched it once) you can see the folder path by going to Bodyslide settings (the "Settings" button in the bottom-right corner of the Bodyslide window). The Game Data Path should be your full Skyrim SE install

image.png.82de0fb3b59a45a93b3f8425a9ff5a09.png 

On 1/17/2021 at 1:44 AM, blacknyellow962 said:

Holy shit thank you so much for this comprehensive guide I had some fucky installations in the past (due to essentially what boils down to my own incompetence and lack of understanding) and this helped me fixed the issues I was having. Thanks!

Thank you, it's good to see this is still being useful (even if I'm almost not playing Skyrim atm, and I see I'll need to update some screenshots because of forum/Steam UI changes).

On 1/20/2021 at 2:34 PM, Just Don't said:

Are you sure you pointed it to your current SE install? The first time you try to launch it through MO you should get this

image.png.fe11f5967ced68860403b3b60cd31521.png

The folder path in there should be your real game install. If you don't see that window now (because you've already launched it once) you can see the folder path by going to Bodyslide settings (the "Settings" button in the bottom-right corner of the Bodyslide window). The Game Data Path should be your full Skyrim SE install

image.png.82de0fb3b59a45a93b3f8425a9ff5a09.png 

Thank you, it's good to see this is still being useful (even if I'm almost not playing Skyrim atm, and I see I'll need to update some screenshots because of forum/Steam UI changes).

Just see how I have it.

image.png.6f83b48bf8775c09cd52d9a5c6c099c4.png

image.png.69eac47aa070a37806c58a60c9dace06.png

image.png.c6337d5ef3acd83411772c4ba58779e3.png

6 minutes ago, Just Don't said:

Ok, I see the file paths, they seem to be right. Check if the content of \mods\Bodyslide... is actually there, try to reinstall it. Other than that I don't see a reason for your BS to be empty.

Well I got the mistake which I did, after reinstall it, it is working.

Thanks a lot.

I though I'd drop a warning for other SE users in here.

If using Crash Fixes and SSE fixes for stability and somehow you end up doing a fresh game install, make sure to go in and re-tweak the EngineFixes settings.

The default settings downloaded from Nexus have UseOSAllocators and the RM precache killer fix set to false, which really limited RAM usage (I.E. I never saw really high RAM usage, seemed almost like it still had a 4GB RAM limit) and significantly decreased stability (I.E. I actually started seeing CTDs until I checked the TOML file with the settings in it).

Setting UseOSAllocators and RaceMenuPrecacheKiller to true immediately fixed these issues.

I figure that for those who are either new to SSE modding with LL mods or are planning on eventually migrating, this should help with final stability tweaking.

2 hours ago, w234aew said:

If using Crash Fixes and SSE fixes for stability and somehow you end up doing a fresh game install, make sure to go in and re-tweak the EngineFixes settings.

The default settings downloaded from Nexus have UseOSAllocators and the RM precache killer fix set to false, which really limited RAM usage (I.E. I never saw really high RAM usage, seemed almost like it still had a 4GB RAM limit) and significantly decreased stability (I.E. I actually started seeing CTDs until I checked the TOML file with the settings in it).

You raise a good point but seem to be mixing different settings/mods.

Crash Fixes is not a SE mod, it is a LE only skse plugin. For SE there are several of these skse plugins related to fix (SSE Fixes, Bug Fixes SSE, SSE Engine Fixes...). Reading about their settings and tweaking them according to proper information is a must, otherwise having those mods not properly configured can be even worst than not having them at all. As you mention the UseOSAllocators setting I think you mean the setting in SSE Fixes (which comes with the FPSFixPlugin.ini file to set said setting). But then you mention a toml file, which is the format Engine Fixes uses for its settings, in that config file you can set "Memory Manager = true" to disable vanilla memory management and use OSAllocators instead. Engine Fixes also has the "precache killer" setting, if you set it to true you're actually disabling that fix, and it's already included in Racemenu, so there should be no difference here (unless you're playing in a setup without Racemenu). I haven't tested these settings extensively, so I won't comment in their impact on performance. For this reason I don't cover them here. Settings for these mods require reading and making choices based on each user computer spec and setup. (Talking about this made me realize there was a new Engine Fixes release yesterday, good time to review settings and test things out).

9 hours ago, Just Don't said:

You raise a good point but seem to be mixing different settings/mods.

Crash Fixes is not a SE mod, it is a LE only skse plugin. For SE there are several of these skse plugins related to fix (SSE Fixes, Bug Fixes SSE, SSE Engine Fixes...). Reading about their settings and tweaking them according to proper information is a must, otherwise having those mods not properly configured can be even worst than not having them at all. As you mention the UseOSAllocators setting I think you mean the setting in SSE Fixes (which comes with the FPSFixPlugin.ini file to set said setting). But then you mention a toml file, which is the format Engine Fixes uses for its settings, in that config file you can set "Memory Manager = true" to disable vanilla memory management and use OSAllocators instead. Engine Fixes also has the "precache killer" setting, if you set it to true you're actually disabling that fix, and it's already included in Racemenu, so there should be no difference here (unless you're playing in a setup without Racemenu). I haven't tested these settings extensively, so I won't comment in their impact on performance. For this reason I don't cover them here. Settings for these mods require reading and making choices based on each user computer spec and setup. (Talking about this made me realize there was a new Engine Fixes release yesterday, good time to review settings and test things out).

I actually just noticed I'd been playing without SSE Fixes.

Looking at it's last updated date and the changelog of SSE Engine Fixes, seems to be somewhat redundant when SSE Engine Fixes is installed+properly set up.

Also, thanks for bringing the SSE Engine Fixes update to my attention!

Thank you very much for this guide! I modded skyrim back in 2016 and this helped a lot to get started again.

I only have one problem with LOOT. I cleaned all esm files expect the Dragonborn esm because i get this error message:

Access violation at address 00B9D8B4 in module 'SSEEditQuickAutoClean.exe'. Read of address 38E57815.

Can somone may help me with this problem?

On 1/27/2021 at 8:43 AM, PuuhBear2 said:

Thank you very much for this guide! I modded skyrim back in 2016 and this helped a lot to get started again.

I only have one problem with LOOT. I cleaned all esm files expect the Dragonborn esm because i get this error message:

Access violation at address 00B9D8B4 in module 'SSEEditQuickAutoClean.exe'. Read of address 38E57815.

Can somone may help me with this problem?

Never seen that error. It's weird that it happens only with the DB esm. I'd verify the game files in case your DB esm is damaged or the install wasn't completed properly (no idea how really, but it's worth the try I guess). Similar errors seem to be specific to MO2 interacting poorly with SSE Edit, but again, as this is an error with one of the esm in particular the problem could be the files in question.

7 hours ago, BigInSinCity said:

Hi! Thank you for the guide! I'm currently stuck on 4.1. my exe launcher is saying the product version is 1.0.0.0. What do I do?

Make sure you're checking the properties of the SkyrimSE.exe, not the launcher exe. And that you're also looking at the product version, as the file version usually stays at 1.0.0 no matter what.

3 hours ago, Aylis said:

If you need cleaned ESM for Skyrim DLC i got those (thanks to @jaeos) in the download section of my thread.

Ah I wasn't sure if sharing that kind of files was okay here. Seeing it's available I might as well link it so others can use it to shortcut the cleaning process. Thank you and jaeos.

edit: included in step 9, I keep editing this thread even if I said I have no more things to change, what a liar I am.

3 minutes ago, BigInSinCity said:

Yes! Thank you I found it. but I'm having another problem now where when i'm trying to install the skse it doesn't offer the "install mod from archive" and it doesn't show up on my downloads page once the skse is on there. additionally, i cannot find the .ini file. 

If i understand you correctly you tried to install the skse via mod manager? Do it manually, there is a Readme in the archive.