(v1.4.3) Mod Organizer 2 & Other tools - From zero to "Hey Sexlab is working!"

6 hours ago, Aylis said:

There was a second update (at least for me ;)) that fixed the problem. The newest one (V 4.1.13) does seem to work fine.

I wen't straight for that update, didn't even see the previous one available. Let's hope everything goes well with this version.

9 hours ago, jotapota said:

When I change the CBBE Morphs in racemenu, the sliders are laggy, and its makes unconfortable to change the body. Its just the CBBE Morphs sliders, the rest are fine and the game looks fluid. This happened in the first test too, before the 3BBB install.

Changing in game morphs manually is not something I do often, so I'm not sure if I also have this issue and is a known limitation of the actual Racemenu/sliders or something affected by another setting. I'll look into that, as I recall in regular Skyrim there was a setting to prevent a recurrent crash while using the morph sliders in game. So it wouldn't surprise me if the current state of this feature is buggy or unstable.

4 hours ago, YojimboRatchet said:

yeah, i did try that re-shadder from "reshade.me", and it did nothing for me, and i didn't like the look anyway it gave. besides, shades are ok when approriately used, and the reshade did too much overkill imo. thanks for the suggestion though :)

There are plenty of presets for reshade, so I'm not sure if trying the default settings is enough to make your mind up about it. What I'm saying is it's worth to try these things as you're a bit limited by your system spec. Another option would be trying a combo of lighting and color correction mods. I'm not sure what's available atm tho, as using ENB+some weather mods is enough for me now. 

1 hour ago, Just Don't said:

There are plenty of presets for reshade, so I'm not sure if trying the default settings is enough to make your mind up about it. What I'm saying is it's worth to try these things as you're a bit limited by your system spec. Another option would be trying a combo of lighting and color correction mods. I'm not sure what's available atm tho, as using ENB+some weather mods is enough for me now. 

yeah, i tried a few, but the shading just tanked my fps regardless. but thanks for that though. i'm still tweaking and i am getting a great look so far in creating my own ENB preset.

question though, been meaning to ask this for a while. skins. i have been using the Fair Skin as per this tutorial of course, and no issues ever. but i also see people using the Bjin one. what is the difference between them both, do you know ? it seems it's either fair skin or the Bjin one anyway that people use, so just trying to figure out why lol.

2 hours ago, YojimboRatchet said:

question though, been meaning to ask this for a while. skins. i have been using the Fair Skin as per this tutorial of course, and no issues ever. but i also see people using the Bjin one. what is the difference between them both, do you know ? it seems it's either fair skin or the Bjin one anyway that people use, so just trying to figure out why lol.

(Texture) skin mods are what define the skin of the affected NPCs. In the case of Fair Skin it covers only adult female characters (excluding beast races). The difference between different skin mods is the amount and type of detail they offer, apart from diferences in resolution (which can vary from 2k to 8k or 16k in some cases...). Skin mods usually offer blemishes, moles or freckles and other skin details like goosebumps, visible veins, etc. The level of tweaking and how noticeable are these details vary depending on the mod.

I recommend Fair Skin in the guide because it comes with an installer which shows different options, so users should be able to experiment different looks without needing to search for other skin mods. If you want to try another skin mod make sure you're getting a textures compatible with the body type you're using (CBBE, 3BBB, UNP, etc.) and completely remove Fair Skin or other skin mods affecting the same NPCs (usually skin mods cover all the humanoid/elves races leaving out khajiit and argonians, although some skin mods cover all the playable races). And keep an eye on the resolution/size of these textures, as it may affect your performance.

23 minutes ago, Just Don't said:

(Texture) skin mods are what define the skin of the affected NPCs. In the case of Fair Skin it covers only adult female characters (excluding beast races). The difference between different skin mods is the amount and type of detail they offer, apart from diferences in resolution (which can vary from 2k to 8k or 16k in some cases...). Skin mods usually offer blemishes, moles or freckles and other skin details like goosebumps, visible veins, etc. The level of tweaking and how noticeable are these details vary depending on the mod.

I recommend Fair Skin in the guide because it comes with an installer which shows different options, so users should be able to experiment different looks without needing to search for other skin mods. If you want to try another skin mod make sure you're getting a textures compatible with the body type you're using (CBBE, 3BBB, UNP, etc.) and completely remove Fair Skin or other skin mods affecting the same NPCs (usually skin mods cover all the humanoid/elves races leaving out khajiit and argonians, although some skin mods cover all the playable races). And keep an eye on the resolution/size of these textures, as it may affect your performance.

ok thanks. i haven't re-installed a skin yet, so maybe i'll test it out to see what it is, then probably go back to Fair skin since i like it anyway.

question though, as i am going through my install slowly, and going by category and using your list as a base to help, since i have extra mods you don't list, but does it really matter if CBPC is installed before or after racemenu at all ? i see you have bodyslide and the other body related items "after" racemenu and sky UI, as well as FNIS for animations.

reason i ask this (for my own purpose and not related to the tutorial at all), i am trying to group my mod install by category, using variables like "requirements" and "overwrites" to sort them out. i am working on the "tools / UI" part right now, and i was going to put racemenu related / impacted mods after racemenu, and then do all the body related things, such as physics, 3BBB, bodyslide after the racemenu mods were done. i know your tutorial is safe and based on your own lengthy experience, but maybe you can comment if my logic is sound or not ? your opinion is valued (and this might help others who read your guide but struggle a bit when trying to add new mods to their list as well, who knows).

anyway, look forward to your reply

question though, as i am going through my install slowly, and going by category and using your list as a base to help, since i have extra mods you don't list, but does it really matter if CBPC is installed before or after racemenu at all ? i see you have bodyslide and the other body related items "after" racemenu and sky UI, as well as FNIS for animations.

In the particular case of CBPC and Racemenu not really. If you check the active conflicts you'll see CBPC and RM don't overlap in any files. So the order in which you place them in the left panel is irrelevant. That changes when you add more mods to the mix. For example CBBE 3BBB provides some CPBC config files (optional during the installer), so if you intend to use these config files you should verify 3BBB is placed below CBPC, otherwise the 3BBB config files won't be used in favor of the default config files from CBPC.

What I did while ordering the list was grouping things together following some soft rules and ""common sense"" (as can be seen in the groups proposed in step 11.2). Something that makes sense and helps to keep a rough track of where is every mod. You can do the same by grouping mods in your own categories and things should work fine. As long as you avoid unintended conflicts (like placing SOS after the skin mod for males, or allow mods like Campfire to overwrite the PapyrusUtil version from Sexlab, etc.), for which you'll have to check individual conflicts for all the mods in question.

another quick question, as i go down my install list, currently you have this set-up:

CBPC

HDT

Bodyslide

CBBE SE

3BBB

Fair Skin

SOS

Male Skin

XPMSE

wondering if i changed it a bit to:

Bodyslide

CBPC

HDT

CBBE SE

3BBB

Sinful CPB

Fair Skin

SOS

SOS Futa

Male Skin

XPMSE

would this work out ok ? i figure installing Bodyslide first (or last) would make more sense to me rather than after the physics, since bodyslide works with or without physics anyway.

opinion ?

43 minutes ago, YojimboRatchet said:

would this work out ok ? i figure installing Bodyslide first (or last) would make more sense to me rather than after the physics, since bodyslide works with or without physics anyway.

opinion ?

That should work fine. As long as there are no active conflicts from other mods. Bodyslide only contains the programs (BS itself + Outfit Studio) and the required sliders related files. So it doesn't matter where you put it in the left panel really. Unless you use that mod to keep other mod files (like the outfits/body sets you built), which is not recommended. And as long as you're sure things like the character textures or skeleton that you want/need to use are the ones winning the conflicts, it should be fine.

It's all about sorting the left panel in a way that is logical to you but also addresses any active conflict between the different mods so things work fine. So for example if you want to order things in a reverse alphabetical order and it makes XPMSSE useless because you have 3 other mods providing humanoid skeletons... yeah, maybe don't do that? But things like moving X type of mods a bit up or down or grouping them all together so you know where they are, sure totally fine as long as you check each conflict.

18 minutes ago, Just Don't said:

Unless you use that mod to keep other mod files (like the outfits/body sets you built), which is not recommended.

thanks, only this line i don't quite get. i was planning on placing a few outfit mods after XMPSE, but doesn't bodyslide keep all the morphs that are made anyway ?

4 minutes ago, YojimboRatchet said:

but doesn't bodyslide keep all the morphs that are made anyway ?

No, morphs (.tri files) will end up in Overwrite, the BS output or in the same mod folder which is providing the BS files (depending on how each user configured Bodyslide during step 8).

2 hours ago, Just Don't said:

No, morphs (.tri files) will end up in Overwrite, the BS output or in the same mod folder which is providing the BS files (depending on how each user configured Bodyslide during step 8).

ahhh ok i understand. honestly that was always something that was blurred to me a bit. i get it now though lol.

did find one thing you may want to update, in the 3BBB section, there is an option on physics, where you have to pick one option only. and unless you read the fine print, this could get tricky,

On 1/9/2020 at 6:29 PM, Just Don't said:

CBPC Physics Preset Type: pick "New Type", so you can select the next settings to your own liking (based on the size of the female body+how much jiggling you want to see)

when installing, they need to read the fine print description of both the NEW TYPE option and the OLD TYPE option, because there is a decision to make here based on where someone is also planning to use SinfulCBP or not

Old Type:

Same CBPC Physics selectable options as before

Cannot choice of butt and belly physics strength as same before. (not drooping boobs)

!! You must selecting this if you are using other mod (Except CBPC) containing "CBPConfig.txt" file such as "SinfulCBP" or "CBP/C Presets" !!

New Type:

Same CBPC Physics selectable options as before

!! You must selecting this if you are not using other mod (Except CBPC) containing "CBPConfig.txt" file such as "SinfulCBP" or "CBP/C Presets" !!

as you can see, the difference here is important when installing. only reason i caught this is because i use SinfulCBP, as it is a great companion mod for 3BBB

13 hours ago, YojimboRatchet said:

as you can see, the difference here is important when installing. only reason i caught this is because i use SinfulCBP, as it is a great companion mod for 3BBB

Oh, I see. I'll be adding this info in the step. Thanks for the heads up.

ok, serious effin problem here. no idea what the hell is going on but maybe you have heard of this. was having issues with cursed loot and massive amounts of errors earlier, tonight though, after taking a break for an hour, i come back, i run FNIS, and my overwrite has the "tools" folder but empty. then when i start a "new" game, i get spammed with error messages while it loads, about PapyrusUtil being outdated and Spank that Ass won't run, and few others, and then i get Skyui messages about not having the proper SKSE version, it's expecting verion XXXX, but that my current version is 0.0.0.0 (yeah windows shows version 0.0.0.0), then i get an SKSE message that my version 0.0.0.0 needs to be updated, to shut the game down and to check if a new version is ready or wait until it's updated.

so shit is breaking, i have no clue wtf is going on, all the files are there, everything is active, everything is run, this is just like.. no clue what is happening. all my mods are the latest versions, i was very detailed over the last week with that. and i had no errors until today when i started installed the BDSM mods, where DCL just would not load it's mc at all.

any idea ? any settings i am missing ? is this MO2 fucking me up ? skse 2.0.18 ? or anything else ?

here is my load order and my mod order (although the mod order back up saved it in reverse). i'll include my pap log too if it helps. hoping you or anyone can help me solve this

Papyrus.0.log loadorder.txt modlist.txt

49 minutes ago, YojimboRatchet said:

any idea ? any settings i am missing ? is this MO2 fucking me up ? skse 2.0.18 ? or anything else ?

If you launch LOOT as usual do you see all your mods in the list? All these problems makes me think something is wrong with the virtual file system (so some files like dll are not loaded/detected by the game or files are not generated like the behavior files from FNIS, etc.). This could be a permission issue (doubt it as things were working before, right?) or an (Windows) update broke something. TBH I've never had such problems, I once had a different problem where LOOT/MO wasn't picking any of my mods, a simple restart fixed it for me.

You could try restarting your system once. Then try to reproduce the issue in your current game, if you get the same error make a new profile and try with less mods in a new game. If that fails, do a SKSE install completely manual (dll, exe and the scripts added directly into your game folder) so you can launch the game using SKSE without needing MO, then check if the game is detecting SKSE as properly installed (use the getskseversion command in the main menu, that should be enough). If all of that fails, try to find changes in your system (Windows or other programs updates near the start of this problem) and rollback if you're 100% sure you won't lost any relevant files/programs in the process. As a last resort you can copy all the subfolders in MO2 to a different location, delete entirely your MO2 and install it again. Using the subfolders you copied before you should be able to restore all your installed mods, download, settings, profiles, etc.

And don't use 2.0.18, we don't talk about that here e_e

14 hours ago, Just Don't said:

And don't use 2.0.18, we don't talk about that here e_e

lol

no i am using the current version of SKSE, and over the last 5 days, i downloaded and installed about 130 mods, verifying each and every one from both LL and from Nexus, to ensure i had all the current versions of each one, verifying as well, any patches and requirements, ensuring those were in place, as well as reading the fine printed details of each mod regarding load order, and reading a few pages of the forums on Nexus about any issues with the newest version or anything else i should have been aware of.

i followed the guide to a "t" so to speak, since this is like my 4th time around, i am familiar with the steps having spent time learning about this as much as i could, while still keeping an open mind that i don't know everything.

i spent about 4 hours last night, and another 4 hours since i woke up this morning, googling this issue, and i've learned a few things, i am going to test out a few things as the day progresses, and check some things i've read about. but it seems so far, that the majority of the posts i've read with valid information, all refer to the SKSE launcher, Steam, Nexus and whatever mod loading method (MO, Vortex, manual) that someone uses.

if you or anyone else can think of anything i should try, or look for, verify, please let me know and in detail please, since i am not versed in Tech Speak like many here are. and if i discover anything, i'll post it as well.

BTW, re-reading the guide's main post, i cannot seem to find the steps on setting MO2 in Windows with admin rights, as it once was listed before. did you remove it at all ?

37 minutes ago, YojimboRatchet said:

if you or anyone else can think of anything i should try, or look for, verify, please let me know and in detail please, since i am not versed in Tech Speak like many here are. and if i discover anything, i'll post it as well.

As I said I've never had that issue, also I'm no tech savvy. The more posts I read about people having problems the more I feel like I have just pure good luck. But as I previously commented, all your problems seem to indicate something isn't working properly when MO tries to access or create files in its virtual file system. If you're really out of ideas (and your MO is not only being unable to work with LL mods, but can't even start with basic SKSE plugins or SKSE at all) you could refer to the MO2 discord and ask for help there.

37 minutes ago, YojimboRatchet said:

BTW, re-reading the guide's main post, i cannot seem to find the steps on setting MO2 in Windows with admin rights, as it once was listed before. did you remove it at all ?

It's 2020, if people don't have a Windows user account with admin rights, that's the problem. Forcing a program to start as admin when you have an acc with admin rights is useless. Forcing a program to start as admin when you don't have an acc with admin rights may not work or just solve part of the issue (ex. other programs/features still could fail to work because other programs aren't running as admin or there are other system permissions in effect).

got it, thanks.

a bit of an update....

making a bit of headway. after sorting through about a dozen or so "leads", i've managed to discredit and eliminate many of those from the possible issues. some referring to possible leftover skse .ddl files from previous installation, user security access on folder writing permissions, and .exe launchers, are some of those i eliminated, as everything looked ok on my end, and / or i had the correct files.

i should add that, i checked every single log in / Documents, /Steam, and in the Mods folder for anything that struck out to me, and a few things did.

• steam logs show hiccups in some of their logs. not entirely sure what that means or how it affects anything, but worth noting for now)

• A Steam update was pending (and subsequently installed this morning)

• skse logs show all plugins loading up properly, not a single error on "finding" plugins or mods when "listening" for installed mods

• i have 3 LL mods that i installed in MO2, which are apparently have Nexus ID"s, or matched Nexus ID's. when i looked up those 3 mods on Nexus, even though they were for SE, all 3 of them were not matching what i had installed from LL. (Milk Mod Economy Assets and Scripts, and SexLab Aroused Extended). i should mention that this was one of the possible conflicts i read about from googling "skse 0.0.0.0 Skyrim".

• when i looked up FNIS, i am at over 90% capacity (not using the XXL version, using the normal version, and i have 9200 animations roughly.) so i am going to install the animation patch fix to see if that helps anything. the problem right now is FNIS running normally and without errors, but after its run, no longer storing any files in the "overwrite folder" other than an empty "tools" folder. unsure why this is.

• when i run Loot, i get no warnings or errors. as a matter of fact, loot is showing all versions of every mod, correctly and in green.

• yesterday, when all of this started, i remember now getting an error message about MME scripts having errors. it was shortly after these errors, that slowly, things started going crazy, and spiraling into a rollercoaster of errors. is this a possible link to MME being linked to a Nexus ID ? i don't know, but still worth noting.

one post from Nexus, mentioned unlinking the SKSE shortcut from inside MO2, and then relinking it again, restarting the computer, and testing it out. it is an option i will test out if the disabling of MME and SLAX still result in the same issues.

i unsintalled the SKSE Scripts folder and then reinstalled them again to be safe. and i unchecked all 4 MME mods and the SLAX mod, replacing SLAX with SLA Redux (non Baka version) to see if this does anything.

1 hour ago, YojimboRatchet said:
  • i have 3 LL mods that i installed in MO2, which are apparently have Nexus ID"s, or matched Nexus ID's. when i looked up those 3 mods on Nexus, even though they were for SE, all 3 of them were not matching what i had installed from LL. (Milk Mod Economy Assets and Scripts, and SexLab Aroused Extended). i should mention that this was one of the possible conflicts i read about from googling "skse 0.0.0.0 Skyrim".

I doubt this has anything to do with your issue. This happens when mods contain a meta.ini and fill the modid= with a number, MO assumes this id is the one from Nexus and you're directed to a nexus mod if you do right click "Visit on Nexus", or it shows a version mismatch as it's comparing this other mod version from the nexus with the real mod version you have installed. Other than that there isn't much to worry about. MME has several checks for internal scripts and its required mods, so the fact that this mod in particular has a wrong modid is pure coincidence. The fact that the MME check fails to detect SKSE is the only issue here.

• when i looked up FNIS, i am at over 90% capacity (not using the XXL version, using the normal version, and i have 9200 animations roughly.) so i am going to install the animation patch fix to see if that helps anything. the problem right now is FNIS running normally and without errors, but after its run, no longer storing any files in the "overwrite folder" other than an empty "tools" folder. unsure why this is.

The animation cap is fine, if you ever go over the internal FNIS limit you can switch to FNIS XXL and keep using Anim crash fix (which is recommended regardless of animation count IMO, as there is no downside to have it installed and could prevent a crash in the case users at any point surpass the limit their own system specs can handle).

Now, if you used FNIS once and created the "Generated FNIS" mod from the FNIS files in Overwrite, the next time you use FNIS the files will be created inside that mod. The only way for these files to end up in Overwrite again is if you delete the "Generated FNIS" mod before using FNIS to generate a new set of behavior files (which is a recommended step but not really necessary, again old habits). Verify this so you can discard FNIS issues. If you do I think the only thing malfunctioning would be SKSE not being detected by your game/installed mods...

Edit:

btw, wondering, if and when someone creates and saves a preset when in Racemenu, that preset gets stored in the overwrite folder. where would i move this preset to ? or do i make a new folder ?

You could create a new mod from these files to store all your RM presets (and you can manually add or merge other mods RM presets in there to keep things in order). Whatever that helps you keep track of where things are and keeps the Overwrite empty.

4 hours ago, YojimboRatchet said:

one post from Nexus, mentioned unlinking the SKSE shortcut from inside MO2, and then relinking it again, restarting the computer, and testing it out.

so yeah, it looks like this fixed the SKSE 0.0.0.0 issue completely. while i am still troubleshooting why Cursed Loot isn't starting up (in another thread) or why it's also affecting Deviously Enslaved at the same time, at least i fixed the 0.0.0.0

i have one more issue i can't figure out tho. bodyslide custom preset, saved properly, but sometimes when start a new game, my PC's breasts are massively elongated. everything else looks fine. if i close and re-save the custom preset and then try to reload the save (if and when it reload with a CTD because of the DCL crap), then  the breasts are back to normal. i don't get why, and nothing on google either

btw, in case you want to note this for anyone ever getting this error. if anyone gets the SKSE 0.0.0.0 and uses MO2:

1. open MO2

2. click on the drop-down from the Program Box (beside RUN)

3. click on Edit

4. in the window, highlight SKSE

5. in the BINARY path, open and click on the SKSE Loader EXE file again to relink it ( Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\skse64_loader.exe )

6. in the START IN path, open and select the same folder as before ( Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition )

7. Click Apply

8. Click Save

9. Close MO2

10. Reboot system

everything should be fine after this.

18 minutes ago, YojimboRatchet said:

i have one more issue i can't figure out tho. bodyslide custom preset, saved properly, but sometimes when start a new game, my PC's breasts are massively elongated. everything else looks fine. if i close and re-save the custom preset and then try to reload the save (if and when it reload with a CTD because of the DCL crap), then  the breasts are back to normal. i don't get why, and nothing on google either

If I understand things right you have a Bodyslide preset saved, going in game the physics don't work properly and re-saving the preset in Bodyslide fixes the issue? That's not how Bodyslide presets work. You would need to re-build the body sets in BS in order to see a difference, otherwise the BS presets change nothing in game. The part where most setups fail in regards to physics is in the skeleton used in game (so verify XPMSSE is the one) and in the body meshes (so make sure the body sets you built in BS are in deed the recommended for the physics you want, if I remember right you're using HDT+CBPC and 3BBB for physics, so you should be building the body sets from 3BBB as stated in step 12).

If you still get weird looking/non-working physics you should reinstall the presets for CBPC and HDT (ex. reinstalling 3BBB/Sinful CBP/etc. and check that the settings selected are the proper ones). Another factor to consider is performance, as physics can behave weirdly in extreme FPS (low or high) without other mods to fix this (like Havok Fix or Display Tweaks).

Just wanted to pop in and say thanks. Great step-by-step guide. I've done the whole modding up the wazoo thing since Morrowind, but even with experience it's easy to forget little things like how to get FNIS set up properly or clearing out old files.

On 10/20/2020 at 6:43 AM, jotapota said:

When I change the CBBE Morphs in racemenu, the sliders are laggy, and its makes unconfortable to change the body. Its just the CBBE Morphs sliders, the rest are fine and the game looks fluid. This happened in the first test too, before the 3BBB install.

In my new character I can't replicate this. So it's probably something in your side. You could look into fixes like SSE Fixes, Bug Fixes SE, SE Engine Fixes or Display Tweaks (if, and only if, this is a symptom of a more general issue like poor performance in other areas of the game/menus). But as I said in my first reply about this, you shouldn't be doing manual tweaks in your RM sliders, if you want permanent changes edit your Bodyslide preset. RM morphs are there for other mods to apply changes on the fly.

8 hours ago, Cyzyk said:

Just wanted to pop in and say thanks. Great step-by-step guide. I've done the whole modding up the wazoo thing since Morrowind, but even with experience it's easy to forget little things like how to get FNIS set up properly or clearing out old files.

Thank you, if things are understandable and easy to follow I'm happy with what I've done here.

Just Don't, can you look at my mod list i posted a few days ago here (it's reversed for some reason when i back it up from MO2), and send me a PM about it ? mostly looking for anything you think i have placed in the wrong order that might be causing the bullshit chaos right now.. thanks

What's your current issue? I recall (1) the SKSE not being detected by the game/other mods that do checks and (2) FNIS not creating the behavior files.

1- I thought you already solved by re-registering the SKSE loader executable in MO.

2- I'm not sure if you solved this or as I said in post #369 these files are being created in your already existing FNIS output or "Generated FNIS" because you didn't delete it prior to use FNIS again.

If there is another thing let me know, but I doubt a mod in the wrong place can cause the issues I mention above.