Heimlain

[QUESTION] [SOLVED] xEdit Script to copy specific field from all records to their overrides

Hello everyone, this is pretty much a cry for help.

So here's the problem:

Suppose an esp "A" that changes numerous NPCs appearance. Then we add an esp "B" that changes the perks they have and their skills. If "B" overrides "A", the NPC ends up with messed meshes. If "A" overrides "B", the game becomes broken and unbalanced.

So I'm searching/requesting/trying to find a script that copies all the values of a specific record field to a esp that overrides it.

Example:

1 - Create a esp "C", deep copying and overriding all NPCs from esp "A".

2 - Add esp "B" as a master.

3 - Copy all perks of each NPC from "B" to "C"

4 - Copy all skills of each NPC from "B" to "C"

Is there such a script?

Something like this Visual Transfer zEdit patcher?

Kinda works in the reverse, copying the winning plugin that edits the NPC and patches in the appearance info from a defined mod.

Probably best to combine it with Bashed, Mashed or Manual Patches that fix other data between mods (ex AI Overhaul and Immersive Armors).

Take a look at adding your own bash tags to mod a and b for the required sections, though good luck with that as the manual for bash tags is a pain in the butt, especially if you only want certain sections of a section to be copied over.

After which you would only really need to manually check the resultant bash/smash patch and probably do a few manual edits to it to make it all work.

5 hours ago, Akzyra said:

Something like this Visual Transfer zEdit patcher?

Kinda works in the reverse, copying the winning plugin that edits the NPC and patches in the appearance info from a defined mod.

Probably best to combine it with Bashed, Mashed or Manual Patches that fix other data between mods (ex AI Overhaul and Immersive Armors).

How didn't I learn about zEdit and this mod specifically? This script solved the problem precisely. 

15 hours ago, Heimlain said:

How didn't I learn about zEdit and this mod specifically? This script solved the problem precisely. 

zedit is not really that well know, I think due to not as far as I am aware being on nexus and most guides do not mention them either.

Another way is to use mators Automation Tools https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/49373/

Use QuickDisplay to export Perks/Appearance from mod B to a csv file.

Use QuickChange to import the csv file and overwrite records in mod C.

Or use the QuickChange Restore tool to copy an element into an override.

This really can be done a number of ways with AT.

Scripts work for both LE and SE from what I've tested.