Sims3 animations & variants (Update 08. February 2024)

6 hours ago, landess said:

Now I know what I was looking at in a picture you posted which had a small oval/circle in the middle. Very Cool.

I asked Clydie to help with this one, from an animators point of view. It sort of works. Some times, animations don't align properly, but I have a theory why. 3 out of 4 legs seem to cause misaligned animations. IF that is the case, I will simply remove them. I hope this works. Lucas found the keyword "PinicTable" can be added to an xml, but I think that many people are not good at editing an xml and this might be easier if I can get it to work.

• 1 month later...

Small update of the animations as of 28. October 2020.

six further animations in this update :

FM Couch 2
FFMM floor, rug 1
FM bed 1
FFM bed 1
FM picnic table 1

You will find them on the first page of this thread.

Have fun and take care in these pandemic times

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the new animations for the sybian saddle ?

Will need more treatment as the eye is not healed, but will talk with the doc tomorrow and find out what else we can do.

Don't worry I'm already busy with gifts and Christmas preparations ?

It's amacing how blessed we are to get the pandemic now as we can do so much on the internett, just think back to the life we (oldies) lived before.

A lot more lives would have been lost.

Stay safe dear one ❤️

PS: Forgot to tell you how much i love the replacement animation for the bed wohooI

By the way It's high time you get placed in the top with the rest of the animaters/modders ?❤️

@MrsSanta thank you for your kind words.

Much hope your eye will heal fast and fully recover.

On 11/9/2020 at 1:35 AM, MrsSanta said:

replacement animation for the bed woohoo

You are the first and only who gave me a feedback about. Did not know if someone even tried it out up to now.

Looks best if you set the outfit to nude for bed woohoo with NRAAS.

So, thank you for that too.

Well it's wierd that no onee else have complimented it, i simply love it and even when they change place depending on who sugged\sted woohoo it looks good and believale.

Well got 5 more days with med and hotwater-bottle (not to hot) to use on the eye 4 times a day, must do this now so gotta run! take cae + lots of love ❤️

yup. tried that one too. brilliant animation as always :)

I thought there'd be some breast fun because you said you had experimented with in game breast physics

try shouting loud about what you've done. I think few people even know about this little thing. if you put a genius painting in a dark corner nobody will see it.

1 hour ago, Anophilius said:

I thought there'd be some breast fun because you said you had experimented with in game breast physics

Sorry, no ! There was a thread of someone who was asking about in game breast physics a while ago. I gave them a try by extracting the female walking animations out of the EA original packages and added moving breast into them. Made a package file, placed it into the overrides folder. The game took this animations but unfortunately the breasts are ignored by the game animation engine for the walking/running animations. (EA did that for a good reason - maybe)

But due to this excursion I had the idea for the WooHoo animation replacement. That is all about !

Need to say, that this WooHoo animation is originally an Amra animation which I modified for that. (simply I found this animation to fit best for the purpose)

So, all credits go to Amra......

1 hour ago, Anophilius said:

try shouting loud about what you've done

Really, not my thing ! But after more than 500 DLs I suspected anyway that some have tried it. I just wondered that nobody had a complain or a question about ?

1 hour ago, Clydie said:

I gave them a try by extracting the female walking animations out of the EA original packages and added moving breast into them.

Perhaps you missed something? Remember, this is coming from someone who misses A LOT!!! )) Sometimes, replacing EA default does not seem to work as we think it should... I've been trying to make open bottom default replacement skirts and dresses for a long time (not bothering with it right now). For some reason, the mesh shows as default, but the textures do not... so the skirts look as plain mesh in game. BUT, if I take that sim into CAS, the texture shows, without me doing anything. Very odd to me.

So, it's possible the game did not recognize your new walk and run animations as default??? All of those silly reskeys!!!!!!!!

13 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

Perhaps you missed something?

For sure ?

The game play the animation I modified. But besides the game ignore the breast animation, the actor (walking female) pauses a tens of a second after the animation will repeated while walking. Such animations need the absolute highest priority in the game to see a seamless walk. So there must be something else behind.

But think it is not worth to go deeper into that. It was just one of the many tries without success. So what......

6 hours ago, Clydie said:

not worth to go deeper

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! That's usually my conclusion also! ))))) 

Or... try again... perhaps 2 or 3 months later, because I learned something new, and want to see if that will solve the problem (we are both still learning our trades). Then perhaps, try again 2 or 3 months later.............

An example is when JoshQ was trying to help me with bone painting... 8 or 9 months ago. Well, I kind of get it now, and have been using it on Power Girl. It still is not as good as I want it to be, but it is much better than simply using the bone transfer. 

2 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

Or... try again... perhaps 2 or 3 months later,

How could you know that ?

No joke, gave the walking animations another try just two days ago, because had the idea to clone the original animation and just add the breast movement to them.

The rest I left 100% original. But no positive effect at all. It did change nothing but above described..... Funny !

To find out more about, I should may be implement the modified animation into this huge original game package and install just a base game, no EP no SP with that and try again. At the moment I am to lazy for that and I do not expect a different result if I do this.

Just came a bit more into the animations. Meanwhile I can create according to my ideas and and get them out in a for me acceptable way.

But need just for one threesome animation around a week to get it finished. It is much work for a 28 second clip.

On 11/13/2020 at 8:49 PM, Clydie said:

No joke, gave the walking animations another try just two days ago, because had the idea to clone the original animation and just add the breast movement to them.

Interestingly, in ts3 it is possible to change the standard gait to something else? I just remembered about the Second Life, there it was somehow done ...

21 minutes ago, sim333 said:

change the standard gait to something else?

Many things can be changed to a new default. Much of TS3 are "parts" with part numbers. All the game does is to read the part number and do as it is told by the part sequence. The game reads files in a particular order... the files that are in the basic program are read first. Then the it reads the Sims files you have in documents in the order told it by the resource configuration. Whatever it reads last, is what it does (usually). 

One that almost everyone has is replacement default skins. They simply use all of the same part numbers as EA skins that are in the program files. You simply add the new skins to your Packages folder and they work. You don't have to find the EA skins and remove them. The same for animations. Each has a part number... find the part number and just use it for your new "Clydie's" animation, put it in the Packages folder, and it will override the base animation. )))))

5 hours ago, sim333 said:

it is possible to change the standard gait to something else?

Not something else of course. The walking animations are special. The actor in the animation does NOT move.

The actor walk or run on the place (do not know how to say) I mean the actor does not move forward in the animation. To replace such animations is nothing new I think.

Remember dark about a small mod to change the walking stile by clicking on the Sim. Think it was from MTS. Installed it long ago but deleted it again because I did not really like it.  This mod just switch walking stiles. You can let your Sim walk with the pregnant walking stile and so on.

In Nraas Woohooer you can also switch a walking stile - after woohoo. Also this looks odd to me.

5 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

The same for animations. Each has a part number...

Nice explained. Thank you. I.e. the birth animation from Sims3Lynn work in this way or even the WooHoo replacement I have uploaded in the ZIP file on the first post of this thread.

But on the walking thing, this is not the problem. I maintain the opinion, that due to some reason the game does not support the breast "bones" while playing this animations.

About animations :

Just found out that the "Bar" and "ProfessionalBar" will accepted as woohoo object in KW and just started a first animation on a juice bar. Let's see what comes out.....

5 hours ago, Clydie said:

Just found out that the "Bar" and "ProfessionalBar" will accepted as woohoo object in KW

I had been thinking to make another inset from a counter top to place inside a bar. 

7 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

make another inset from a counter top

Good Idea. Since a inset can be turned by 180 degrees it may could work without much clipping into the bar.

Just tested AMRA animations for the Washingmachine and Dryer yesterday. They need actually a little modification only to be good for the bar.

Similar to the BalletBare animations. But hesitated to start with that since I am on to create a own animation at the moment.

However, for testing you can insert "Bar,BarProfessional" into the XML of the respective animations and test how and where such animations

will be played on the bars. (but better not on animations which have a ObjectAnimation included)

4 hours ago, Clydie said:

AMRA animations for the Washingmachine and Dryer

The counter top animations are all the correct height for the bars, as counters are used with them. The actor positions would need to be rotated 180 degrees, and possibly moved a little. Yes, rotating the inset 180 degrees is what I was thinking to do, to force the actors to align to the counter side of the bar.

4 hours ago, Clydie said:

"Bar,BarProfessional"

Thanks. As with PicnicTable (not "TablePicnic", which is what TSRW, s3oc and a few other things call it), it is a matter of having the right wording to add.

5 hours ago, Clydie said:

However, for testing you can insert "Bar,BarProfessional" into the XML of the respective animations and test how and where such animations

will be played on the bars. (but better not on animations which have a ObjectAnimation included)

All the bars that I saw don't have a Kinky menu, so it doesn't make sense.

18 minutes ago, sim333 said:

don't have a Kinky menu

That's why you must add them in the xml. Clydie said they ARE listed in KW script, but as no animators listed them in their animation files, the bars won't show unless YOU add them to the xml file. )))

4 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

counter top animations are all the correct height for the bars

The Washingmachine and Dryer too.

At a Bar you can have woohoo in front of - or behind the bar actually. The height of the Washingmachine and the counter is the same as if

you are in front of the bar.

Just fnished the animation for the bar. A simple doggy in front of the bar. But looks good so far.

Next I will test with counter animations (if really a 180 degree turn is necessary. At the moment I am a little unsure about).

Will report back what I have found out.

4 hours ago, sim333 said:

All the bars that I saw don't have a Kinky menu, so it doesn't make sense.

@LadySmoks is right.....

Have a hint for you :

If you have installed the latest Lucas animations version AND if you have Ambitions (I think) installed, therein is a Trampoline.

Set the Trampoline to a lawn and try to WooHoo on that. You should find one animation from Lucas then.

It is one of his Picnictable animations (same height and with a very little different same height as the Pooltable) ... On my next update, there will be at least another two usable for the Trampoline ?

Besides that, it is possible that not all bars work - did not test all variants but basic juice and professional bar. 

In the xml the word Bar stand for the juice bars only. BarProfessional stand for.......

However, I say this because as far as I found out only two versions of the picnic table work in KW. I.e. the picnic table from ITF does not work.

(and there are a few more which not work)

Thought I might point out some obvious switches the game makes for characters' "walks"

Plumbots change their gait when adding the 'human' chip.

Werewolves and Mummies will change a Sims' gait as well.

During longer distances, Fairies and Genies will switch to a floating/flying animation.

Using stairs/ladders also requires the Sim to use a different animation for moving

In these examples the game assigns different walks to the same sim for reasons. If one was obsessed committed just wanted to know how to do it, these examples might give more insight on where to look to make changes/how the changes mentioned actually work. I guess what I'm getting at is the Sims are assigned a new animation - perhaps instead of trying to replace the default, just flag Sims to use a new one?

>I'll need to make a .text file and copy the new animation registration keywords to it - I've trained myself to use the old ones well.