Sims3 animations & variants (Update 08. February 2024)

7 minutes ago, landess said:

While I don't animate, I've been following this thread and find it quite interesting.

One thing I noticed about many of the default EA animations which I don't see with custom animations: I'll call it 'sticky' positioning.

A good example of 'sticky' positioning would be the hands of Sims when giving a massage. I can use a feature like Kinky World's MOVE to raise or lower a Sim. When doing this, I see the hands giving the massage will stay touching the other Sim as it moves up, down, forward, or backward with the arms adjusting as one would normally do IRL.

>>>This would be great for custom animations as well - say during a 'handjob' when using non-default heights (or teen/adult couplings) and there is kissing. As it stands I can either align the lips or the hands, but not both.

I'm guessing this is much more complicated than it looks . . . . .

I have only see one animator use this, and that was Amra. In one of his blowjob animations (i think it's the one on the toilet... not sure anymore) he predefined the IK in s3pe (using the Grid version, similar to how you would add sound) instead of in blender, so that the male hand follows the head of the female. 

I think this is the way to do that, but I'm not sure, never tried it myself. Also have not tested if this makes it stick. But I like to analyze and this animation stood out because of it, never saw an animator do that before. 

Edit: might also have been a doggy animation! Only thing I know for sure is that it was an animation where the male sim is holding the female's hair. Might also have been more than one.  it has been 1 year since I snooped around in his animations, lol. 

3 minutes ago, MaryJane said:

that was Amra

Yeah. I first learned of Amra's work from the Bethesda games - with the animations for Fallout New Vegas being so amazing. One can still go to that section of LL and see the 'grayscale' GIFs to see what I mean. So much movement which looks natural. When I saw there were animations for the Sims 3 - it breathed new life into the game. Now with mods like KW and more content being created for the game, I persuaded myself to find disk versions of all the EP's I didn't have.

It may be 11 years old (or more by now) but I just don't ever see another game like 3 coming out. And with the things players can do to the game, it remains relevant today. Sure - 64bit would be the next best thing that could happen, but then - we all have a wish list. Plus I'd never use Origin, and one knows if anything major was done to the game like that - it would be Origin only.

So Amra got me into the adult side of the Sims 3, but everyone else has kept me here.

2 hours ago, MaryJane said:

sometimes it works

I am not sure, but perhaps what you say is what happened when I moved the Mike24 animation, and it went where I wanted it, but the next that I tried, did not stay as I wanted? I have been looking at Lucas's tutorial and reading in between dress work to try to understand what I am trying to do. )))

If animations were a weapon, someone would be hurt by now with me playing with it!!! I really am next to clueless. OY!!

1 hour ago, LadySmoks said:

I am not sure, but perhaps what you say is what happened when I moved the Mike24 animation, and it went where I wanted it, but the next that I tried, did not stay as I wanted? I have been looking at Lucas's tutorial and reading in between dress work to try to understand what I am trying to do. )))

If animations were a weapon, someone would be hurt by now with me playing with it!!! I really am next to clueless. OY!!

I'm not sure what you did and what happened. If it worked one time it should also work the other time if it's the same animation, makes no sense otherwise! Or maybe you did two different things without realizing?

And we all start clueless, that doesn't matter! If you really want it you eventually will get better and start to understand more. Thing is, it is really complicated so you will have to work for it. Even a 'stiff as a board' animation isn't necessarily easy to make, you will still need to know how to work blender a bit. Patience is the key with animating, and most of all, not giving up! 

Edit: sorry, only now read your other message about it being two different animations. Yes, this can indeed happen. I converted some L666 animations for bed height. They were all in the same sequence, but not all worked, even with location constraint! VERY weird things happened. 

I remember that Lucas sometimes also altered animations by moving only the ROOT bone (often this bone is hidden). But I'm always cautious doing that, I have very bad experiences with playing around with the ROOT bone. But if it worked for him, maybe that is something you could try. Worst thing that can happen is that it doesn't work

(in my case, I made a whole animation from scratch, did wrong parenting with the ROOT bone and could start over, lol)

I'm not sure what you did

HAHAHAHA!!! Nor I!!! ))))

if it's the same animation

No, not the same animation. For the brothel training I used Mike 24 blowjob animation. It was very small, but moved the giver a little closer to the one receiving blowjob, and it worked. )

Then, I tried to replace one of the animations for fingers that play after Oniki used your grope animation. I tried to move that animation as I did with the Mike 24, but it moved back on the next frame. So, when I try again, I will look for a different animation. Or perhaps, to simply move another of Mike 24, and see if it remains. Then I know his do not move back. But, if as you say, some Lady666 worked and some did not, it again may have simply been dumb luck that I chose an animation that worked. )))

Even a 'stiff as a board' animation isn't necessarily easy to make,

No, they are not easy... but yes, I already have made. And is why I now make dresses!!! I was terrible animator. ))) And as you with converting L666 animations to bed, I only hope to convert existing animations to replace those I mentioned. 

One thing is that at least I am familiar with bones and how they work, although parent/ child still not so well. I run into this when trying to make sliders more than with dress morphs.

8 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

I tried to move that animation as I did with the Mike 24, but it moved back on the next frame.

Moved with ROOT_bind? Is there a ROOT_bind key on the next frame? Have you tried copying key  ROOT_bind  from the first frame in the second (Shift+d)? 

If you do not copy, then you need to delete all the following keys (X), since they will affect the second frame. If it still does not work, then this is beyond my understanding))

14 hours ago, MaryJane said:

I have only see one animator use this, and that was Amra. In one of his blowjob animations (i think it's the one on the toilet... not sure anymore) he predefined the IK in s3pe (using the Grid version, similar to how you would add sound) instead of in blender, so that the male hand follows the head of the female.

That is interesting and you should find it by going through the animations with S3PE. Will check that. Up to now I only found sound adds on the animation packs, except those what come with the game and some of the oniki animations of course.

3 hours ago, sim333 said:

Moved with ROOT_bind? Is there a ROOT_bind key on the next frame?

I honestly don't know what I did. I thought that I remembered from way back, that to move everything, press "a" to light the whole skeleton. Then I moved it. Then I pressed "i", and Location. At least, that is what I thought I had done, but have not duplicated my first success, so am not sure of what I did. ((( I read a Blender experts post that I think was about doing this, but did not understand what they referred to. Not surprising for me, as there are things that JoshQ tried to teach me, that it was months later when I finally began to understand as I continued to try... and reread.

But, I will say that I do not recall deleting any keyframes.

4 hours ago, Clydie said:

That is interesting and you should find it by going through the animations with S3PE. Will check that. Up to now I only found sound adds on the animation packs, except those what come with the game and some of the oniki animations of course.

1497011202_Screenshot(36)_LI.jpg.9ca6d4f48f179aa51b0f1e0f81c6ce71.jpg

1 hour ago, MaryJane said:

For a_(Am)Chair_BlowjobB_01 everything is logical: Hat_grip of a girl and R_Hand of a guy.

But for a_(Am)Chair_BlowjobA_01 - b__R_Earring_slot of a guy (where is it?)  and  b__L_ThighTarget_slot of a girl (this is thigh) - it's not at all clear what kind of connection is this ???

Seeing MaryJane's s3pe, apparently, mine is not doing something correctly, as I can not see CLIP information. No sense for me to get too involved in what I was trying until I sort out why I do not have this feature. (((

12 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

Seeing MaryJane's s3pe, apparently, mine is not doing something correctly, as I can not see CLIP information.

may you miss to install some wrappers into S3PE. I just installed everything I could get !

S3PE_WRAPPERS.jpg

4 hours ago, Clydie said:

miss to install some wrappers

I looked again yesterday, and will look again when I return to my animation project, but for now, I think I have several meshes that are very, very close to ready to share, so will concentrate on getting those finished. )))

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Clydie changed the title to Sims3 animations & variants (Update 05. August 2021)

Must admit to have not much ideas about animations anymore. So I continued to modify some OKW XML files and made over animations what come with the KW package. But made some additional six animations and decided to upload my German KW localization here too.

Please see the first page of this thread to find out more. - the blue letters -

For the last animation, I tried to bring a scene from an ancient roman oil lamp (from 300 AD ) back to life ?

Have fun !

Romanic_oillamp.jpg

Edited by Clydie