IGNORED

Sims3 animations & variants (Update 05. August 2021)

14 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

As though the animation stops, the sim resets to ground height, then the animation begins again and the sim sinks.

4 hours ago, MaryJane said:

Oniki makes them work like the EA animations so to say,

10 hours ago, landess said:

that would be great.

Thank you for your comments. Let's say as a start, I looked into this smoke animation and saw that Oniki, as MaryJane explained, linked this animation with two or three EA game animations which various be played after the smoke animation itself. So there is not much what can be done. BUT, in regard to the smoke itself, Oniki here uses an old animation from the creator -forgot his name- which made this smoking mod. It is exactly the same animation but whith a different name to avoid conflicts. So far so good, just made this animation a little over (face expressions) and lifted the actor a little. Now, you see this effect still but it looks a bit better in game if the actor is wearing high heels. However the actor will not clip into the ground anymore and with normal shoes he is a little above the ground what I find not that disturbing as it was before.

In case someone would give it a try, just import the file attached with S3PE as file into Onikis animation package. Make a backup first. The original animation file should be crossed out then before saving. Please check that. Then save and try in game. (But whom I tell that.... ? )

Would be nice to know if it worked and how it looks for you.

Will continue looking at Onikis animations, but hesitate a little trying to replace them with animations from other creators since we will loose some variations then if known animations appear and you may have to modify such animations to fit.

S3_6B20C4F3_00000000_2B19358BF4798B18_a2o_smokecigarette_smoke_x%%+CLIP.animation

8 hours ago, MaryJane said:

I actually made one of my animations a default replacement for the grope interaction and even got it to align properly.

It is in your current package? Then I have it and will install it!

I’m not a modder

... but I play one on Lovers Lab!!! ))) 

I am very disorganized, and the animation that I changed was done a long time ago and I don't remember which animation was the original. It is a blowjob with the female kneeling, but she is not in contact with the male's penis. I will try to find which is the original, and the creator.

9 hours ago, MaryJane said:

Oniki uses scripts so for example, it shouldn’t matter on which side the sim is sleeping, the animation would be the same only mirrored. 

Okay... so I think that I better understand about difficulty in replacing the horrible sleeping woohoo animations! ((((((

I wouldn’t mind if there just would be a link to my animations instead of the whole thread being pinned...

You are linked on my KW help page! https://www.loverslab.com/topic/156041-sims3wip-kinkyworld-v037-updated-may-3rd-2019-wikipage/ ?

5 hours ago, Clydie said:

-forgot his name-

Cmomoney... He is one of the original Titans of TS3 modding! Pose Player, Animation Player, several of the first Blender plugins, and more!!! Hmmmmm... I do not know for certain, but it is possible that something he created is used in Blender animation tools?

Anyway, I thought it was the exact same animation for the smoke cigarettes mod. 

I will try it! )))

Sorry, i need some help, when i try to add sound to my animations in s3pe, the grid button is gray out and there's nothing shown in the preview window in any of my animation clip, i had follow every steps from the tutorial, can't figure out what i did wrong?

1 hour ago, bonnietung said:

when i try to add sound to my animations in s3pe, the grid button is gray out and there's nothing shown

Sound's like you do not have the necessary S3PE plugins installed. Go back to the S3PE download page and look for the plugins and install them.

Then try again. If you fail, let me know. I do not have the right names for the plugins on hand, but will check that if you need further help.

1 hour ago, LadySmoks said:

It is in your current package? Then I have it and will install it!

I think you still don't understand properly. If you use my grope animation as it is as a replacement, it won't align properly. That was what I was trying to explain about Oniki's animations. They're not animations to be played by an animation player (which is what we animators basically do - make use of Oniki's intergrated animation player) but scripted animations. Especially a2a animations are harder to replace for this reason. 

horrible sleeping woohoo animations!

Do they appear such horrible for you ? I know two animations only. One is a blowjob and one some sort of cowgirl.

Both look ok in my game, even the breasts are moving on the cowgirl animation. Saw already more worse animations for Sims 3.

But may be we have different oniki_animations files installed or there are some more sleeping bed animations which I do not know.

The only complain I have here is that on the blowjob sometimes this mirroring does not work in my game so the female is on the wrong side of the bed.

6 hours ago, Clydie said:

BUT, in regard to the smoke itself, Oniki here uses an old animation from the creator -forgot his name- which made this smoking mod. It is exactly the same animation but whith a different name to avoid conflicts.

It is by cmomoney and she indeed uses that animation (I had that mod before KW even existed and recognized it! Just a little fun fact: I actually edited that smoking mod so that teens could also smoke. Which was the first time for me to succeed in altering a mod that wasn't pure tuning (and I think the last time because holy dam I don't understand much about it! ?)

1 hour ago, MaryJane said:

I think you still don't understand properly.

No, I did not. But now perhaps do. ))) Yes, the Oniki is a2a... so they are made differently than regular animations! IF... IF... I find anything that fits, it is luck, and may not fit all situations. ((

1 hour ago, Clydie said:

One is a blowjob and one some sort of cowgirl.

I think those are newer? Not sure, but those are added for females to have fun with sleeping males. There is animation for male woohooing a sleeping female that is also used for "sleeping rape" and look very bad. Honestly, that entire scenario should have been rewritten for the sleep rape, as the female can reject or accept... HUH??? The sleeping woohoo has been in for a while. Not sure when the "rape" was added, but as I said, is the same animations. They are also a2a as MaryJane described, so probably can't really be replaced. (((

I had that mod before KW even existed

Yes. It is a mod given us by one of the ancients... long, long ago!

No, I did not. But now perhaps do. ))) Yes, the Oniki is a2a... so they are made differently than regular animations! IF... IF... I find anything that fits, it is luck, and may not fit all situations. ((

No luck involved! It's not possible (I think )to just find an animations that fits. You probably need to alter it by giving them an offset in blender, that's how I succeeded with replacing the grope animation. 

But the sleeping animations you mention, the woman stays in the sleeping position. For it to not look weird, you will need to find an animations in a similar position (so not suddenly in the middle of the bed, unless you don't mind that of course) or make one yourself. And test thoroughly if it works in all possible situations, when the female sleeps left or right and you catch my drift :)

No luck involved!

Yes and no... I did some research to what I did so long ago (I had forgotten)... The anim CLIP that I used is one of Oniki's! I simply replaced the female giving handjob with her female giving blowjob. The positions are slightly away from each other, and the one giving the BJ, the mouth is too high. These are the alignment issues I spoke of.

I have been "playing" with Blender 2.67 to open the animations. It has been a long time since I have tried, and forget most of what I knew. So, one part at a time.

I thought it would be a simple matter of (I thought and simple matter are both things I should avoid!) moving actor 1 closer to actor 0 (I think these are terms used in animation xmls?), and it was. I simply highlighted the skeleton of actor 1 and moved it on the Y axis, closer to actor 0. Then "i" and Location. That locks the location of the actor? I remember LocRot for the joint positions, but I only did some poses and brief animations that were worse than Oniki's! ((((( So, with actor 1 moved closer, I played the animation. I only played the single animation, as I do not know how to run 2 animations together. Anyway, it seemed okay, and I saved it as a new clip. Then to test, I loaded it and played it, and the body stretched up from the spine1 joint. 

So, I think that I will concentrate on only improving the woohoo training animation, which is replacing only one of the 2 CLIPs, and trying to align that. Because both are Oniki a2a animations with actor 0 in a standing position, and it is hopefully only aligning them, I hope it is more within my skill set to accomplish. Then I may try more. )

16 minutes ago, LadySmoks said:

Yes and no... I did some research to what I did so long ago (I had forgotten)... The anim CLIP that I used is one of Oniki's! I simply replaced the female giving handjob with her female giving blowjob. The positions are slightly away from each other, and the one giving the BJ, the mouth is too high. These are the alignment issues I spoke of.

I have been "playing" with Blender 2.67 to open the animations. It has been a long time since I have tried, and forget most of what I knew. So, one part at a time.

I thought it would be a simple matter of (I thought and simple matter are both things I should avoid!) moving actor 1 closer to actor 0 (I think these are terms used in animation xmls?), and it was. I simply highlighted the skeleton of actor 1 and moved it on the Y axis, closer to actor 0. Then "i" and Location. That locks the location of the actor? I remember LocRot for the joint positions, but I only did some poses and brief animations that were worse than Oniki's! ((((( So, with actor 1 moved closer, I played the animation. I only played the single animation, as I do not know how to run 2 animations together. Anyway, it seemed okay, and I saved it as a new clip. Then to test, I loaded it and played it, and the body stretched up from the spine1 joint. 

So, I think that I will concentrate on only improving the woohoo training animation, which is replacing only one of the 2 CLIPs, and trying to align that. Because both are Oniki a2a animations with actor 0 in a standing position, and it is hopefully only aligning them, I hope it is more within my skill set to accomplish. Then I may try more. )

Yeah if you replace it with an Oniki animation in the same position it should be alright. What you did in blender is absolutely not the right way to do it, but that doesn't matter - I like it when people try stuff so keep fiddling around and do your thing! If I would try to make a dress I would fail horribly, lol. 

If you try to do a thing like that again, try moving the root bind of the default rigs to change position of the actor (and make sure it stays throughout the animation). If there are already to much keyframes on the root_bind, this is not the optimal way to do it as you would have to move it on each keyframe. If that's the case, use a location constraint on the root_bind, fidle around with the numbers until it is right, bake the animation and export it. That should work. 

Oh, and that's exactly what I meant by an offset: move the rig to a different position than the default. So put an offset on the original animation so it aligns. 

3 hours ago, MaryJane said:

If I would try to make a dress I would fail horribly

Should I make a screenshot of the 300 or more work folders of project fails collecting dust in my laptop? ))) Among many things JoshQ taught me is that failure is learning... if you accept it as such.

But when a person does not know what they are doing, it is good and bad... of course, bad can be many things, but good is not knowing that you can not do it! )))

I think that I made progress for the animation for woohoo training. I will concentrate on this to adjust better. Instead of the animation by Oniki, I found one by Mike 24. My sims woohoo A LOT!!! The BJ by Mike 24 is a pose they did. I used the KW debug feature to remove the animation, which shows exactly which it is, but of course did not remove it. Then, copied the CLIP from the package and matched it to the actor 0 animation in Blender. I am figuring out more things in Blender animations, and found the animations sync. ))) I moved the female (actor 1) to align better. 

So, I temporarily made my sim's husband a brothel manager, and my sim a prostitute (assigned to their house so no customers come to her). That way, I can use the training woohoo interactions. 

I think not too bad. Of course, I use a lot of sliders on my sims, so must use a test save with generic sims at zero slider levels to see how this really will look.

progress.jpg.968033c78a0d6152d326e14d832abe56.jpg

The animation is 3 parts. The Oniki loop is basically the same as the first part which is the first half of the pic, and then ends the same way. But, it transitioned into the Mike 24 animation well. ))) FYI... a preview of new dress and boots. )

2 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

I used the KW debug feature to remove the animation, which shows exactly which it is, but of course did not remove it.

You can just click 'show info'' in the debug menu to show which animation it is. 

Good luck, seems like you know what to do. 

16 hours ago, Clydie said:

Sound's like you do not have the necessary S3PE plugins installed. Go back to the S3PE download page and look for the plugins and install them.

Then try again. If you fail, let me know. I do not have the right names for the plugins on hand, but will check that if you need further help.

oh i didn't know there's a plugins for S3PE, now i use the one that comes with The Master animated Woohoo starter pack and it's working now

Thank you for your help anyway?

18 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

Oniki is a2a... so they are made differently than regular animations!

Can not see a difference to any animation. But see that much animations come along with a JAZZ file and with that the animations can be manipulated in many ways.

Earlier I had a mod where the related animation looks bad and the actor moved always the head aside after a while, but in the animation itself he did not. It was the corresponding JAZZ file which manipulated that. Found it by chance removed that number with S3PE and the head moved no more.

Also found this "mirror" entrance in onikis JAZZ file yesterday for the sleeping bed animation.

Did not look deeper into that up to now. May I should start with the "Tiger Jazz" thing trying to learn a little more about.

18 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

There is animation for male woohooing a sleeping female that is also used for "sleeping rape" and look very bad.

Oh, may be I did not saw this since I have all rape turned of in KW. Will export this animation an see in blender what it is - and if there a corresponding JAZZ file.

3 hours ago, Clydie said:

I have all rape turned of in KW

Hmmm... But, there are 2 that are the same. They are accessed differently, one is from woohoo, and is woohoo sleeping sim, and other is in mean menu and is rape sleeping sim. 

As I look closer in the KW anims package, aside from the animal anims, I see several things that have a single name... I mean, not animation labeled for x and y (actor 0 and actor 1) in Oniki's terms. They are stray CLIP files? Like many parts of KW, she may have replaced something and never took out the old CLIP files, just wrote new program to reference the new reskeys.

I made adjustments to that animation above, and is better aligned. ))) So I looked at the grope again. I think there are 8 anims? 4 have one name, 4 another name. 4 with one name are fingering, but I think only 2 are used? Perhaps they were replaced and the old ones not removed???

20 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

Perhaps they were replaced and the old ones not removed

As far as I found some animations in this file are not used. Some of them are triggered by an XML in the KW package and some are somehow triggered with hard code in the KW package.

3 hours ago, Clydie said:

Some of them are triggered by an XML in the KW package and some are somehow triggered with hard code in the KW package.

I looked at the "Key". Usually, a package key lists what is in the package. This has a list of resources from no one knows where, and 10 times longer than just the animations.

7 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

I looked at the "Key".

During creation you often try out things, install them into package files an delete them later on again. If you do so, the entrance in the key file will remain.

And the creator is ether not aware of this or don't care to clean this up. So you will have a blown up key file in the package.

You will find many many of those in ONIKI_Anims.package, in ONIKI_KinkyMod.package, in all Animated_WooHoo_Passion_verXXX.package. This are the most popular examples only. You will find it in other mods too.

For example, often you will find many abandoned localization entrances too.

Such -let's say- empty entrances in no case help the game but may be can hurt the game on places where nobody can think of.

That is why I always check and clear those key files up if necessary before I copy them into the mod folder.

It is very easy to do :

Open the *.package with S3PE and mark all files in there except the key file and say Export to Package and save this with a different name then i.e. ONIKI_KinkyMod_02.package. (S3PE creates a new Key file then with the necessary entrances only)

Then backup the original file to a save place, rename your new package back to the original name (ONIKI_KinkyMod.package) and copy this into the mod folder.

Done and key file clean.

On 5/15/2021 at 10:30 PM, MaryJane said:

If there are already to much keyframes on the root_bind, this is not the optimal way to do it as you would have to move it on each keyframe. If that's the case, use a location constraint on the root_bind, fidle around with the numbers until it is righ

In this case, for root_bind, I delete (X) all keyframes except for the first one. And being on this first frame, I can adjust the position of the actor for ALL the animation. It is right?

21 hours ago, sim333 said:

In this case, for root_bind, I delete (X) all keyframes except for the first one. And being on this first frame, I can adjust the position of the actor for ALL the animation. It is right?

Oh I wish I could answer this question. To my experience, sometimes it works sometimes not. May be depending on the rig you what is used. If you use a rig with predefined IK bones it may not work. But simply must say I DO NOT KNOW for sure. Sorry ! Maybe MaryJane can enlighten us here. 

On 5/18/2021 at 12:57 PM, sim333 said:

On 5/19/2021 at 9:48 AM, Clydie said:

Oh I wish I could answer this question. To my experience, sometimes it works sometimes not. May be depending on the rig you what is used. If you use a rig with predefined IK bones it may not work. But simply must say I DO NOT KNOW for sure. Sorry ! Maybe MaryJane can enlighten us here. 

Your answer is correct - sometimes it works, sometimes not (although when you do this you also need to alter for the first frame, or else you get a weird jump in the animation)! I've had animations I could alter this way and animations that became a complete freakshow. But this is ALWAYS the case, you can't be sure unless you try. If I want to alter location of a preexisting animation, I usually use the location constraints because this is the easiest way to do it. 

For example, I'm not 100% sure but I think that if you try to alter my animations by moving the root_bind, it won't work because I used the root_bind for some movements in my animations and not only for location, because of my IK set-up. 

So, my advice is to try to alter with location constraint if you want to move an animation sideways, upward, downward or whatever. But, even then, it doesn't always work. The best way is to create an animation from scratch :) 

While I don't animate, I've been following this thread and find it quite interesting.

One thing I noticed about many of the default EA animations which I don't see with custom animations: I'll call it 'sticky' positioning.

A good example of 'sticky' positioning would be the hands of Sims when giving a massage. I can use a feature like Kinky World's MOVE to raise or lower a Sim. When doing this, I see the hands giving the massage will stay touching the other Sim as it moves up, down, forward, or backward with the arms adjusting as one would normally do IRL.

>>>This would be great for custom animations as well - say during a 'handjob' when using non-default heights (or teen/adult couplings) and there is kissing. As it stands I can either align the lips or the hands, but not both.

I'm guessing this is much more complicated than it looks . . . . .

• Clydie changed the title to Sims3 animations & variants (Update 05. August 2021)