Sims3 animations & variants (Update 08. February 2024)

On 7/1/2020 at 3:04 PM, LadySmoks said:

haven't had time to try them yet.

Same to me, had a second fast try and a second fail to convert the picnic table.

But I am not in to modify objects and their classification. This one is one of the many things for later on......

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/2/2020 at 3:13 AM, Clydie said:

Same to me, had a second fast try and a second fail to convert the picnic table.

Neither of us being script writers, I'm beginning to think it may not get done. ((( The picnic table is listed as a table, but must have a special script to animate sims to step over the bench part and sit, just as a sim can also sit on the bench facing away from the table. A dining table has chairs, and different animations for sims to sit. I might be able to identify a picnic table as a regular table and make invisible chairs to place around it? Of course, all animations would then be dining table and chairs, and sims would pass through the bench as they pull out an invisible chair, sit and scoot the invisible chair in.

7 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

The picnic table is listed as a table

Not nitpicking, but trying to be technically accurate, I believe it's considered a 'Surface' - an Object available for certain scripts to allow placement of other objects onto.

Ā 

Considering the MTS benches listed above ( I also found these myself ) using these benches alongside an appropriate Dining table seems to negate the reason for pursuing this concept (woohoo on picnic table)

Ā 

The only thing 'missing' would be the ability to sit backwards on these benches as Sims sometimes do with a picnic table (eating snowcones/Seasons EP) for example.

42 minutes ago, landess said:

trying to be technically accurate

I was referring to how it's listed in TSRW when you open it to clone. It's function is listed as a table, not chairs... not picnic table, but IS scripted, and it's apparently a unique script specific only to picnic tables.

45 minutes ago, landess said:

using these benches alongside an appropriate Dining table seems to negate the reason for pursuing this concept (woohoo on picnic table)

Journey, not destination!Ā ?Ā Or perhaps it IS the destination, but substituting wasn't what I was trying to accomplish. Example is the Wonder Woman outfit. Yes, it looks okay as it is now, but I WANT THE GOSH DARN BUCKLE, AND I WANT IT TO STAY WHERE I PUT IT WHEN THE OUTFIT MORPHS... deep breath... AND I WILL NOT REST UNTIL I WIN!!!!!!!!Ā 

Ā 

Childish? Perhaps... but, I'm a princessa, and I can be childish if I wish.Ā ?

14 minutes ago, LadySmoks said:

a unique script specific

I can only imagine, when it comes to this side of the mechanics behind the illusion. I'm sure many experienced minds whom animate tried the picnic table - found it didn't work, and after looking into it, washed theirs hands of the attempt. Scripting in the Sims 3 must be somewhat problematic though. Given the simple concept of trying to woohoo on an object 'IN USE'. What if your sim is the one using the object? Seems simple to just 'undress' in place and begin an animation - but no! This is what i'm referring to: there must be some hierarchy of commands preventing the skipping of a step - forcing the sim to abandon 'ownership' of the object, freeing it to be adopted by a script for use.

Ā 

While I'm sure EA could've implemented this option though the game engine, I always get the feeling EAĀ is a stingy, selfishĀ example of something 'sharing' it's toys.

Think we aiming to see some action on the picnic table while people sit around on the same table.

Very nice idea actually. But to be realistic, I do not see it to come, except Twilightstorm or oniki go into that. (dreaming !)

3 hours ago, landess said:

Given the simple concept of trying to woohoo on an object 'IN USE'.

This is one of the hurdles !

3 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

It's function is listed as a table, not chairs... not picnic table, but IS scripted, and it's apparently a unique script specific only to picnic tables.

A second issue !

Ā 

And just in case we get around with the above somehow, then one or both above creators need to implement this object into their mod.

Ā 

17 hours ago, RonaldReagan said:

animations

So, that is where I am concentrated on. Still a lot to do to get more practice with the Blender versions (2.69 & 2.76b) which allow to make animations for Sims 3.

Blender can be a real bitch when you are not aware what it exactly does and some important functions I still not have found out how to convince Blender to do.

Ā 

11 hours ago, Clydie said:

Blender can be a real bitch when you are not aware what it exactly does and some important functions I still not have found out how to convince Blender to do.

I know that feeling! I am still learning various tools in Blender and GIMP. I know that everything I now "learn" is old knowledge to many... but, it really is fun, and gives a feeling of accomplishment. Although Josh feels he has taught me enough and set me on a good path, I still know I could PM him if I am REALLY stuck.

Ā 

Perhaps you could PM one of the other animators to ask advice?

• 1 month later...

What a great time for my laptop to have pooped itself! Can you hear the sarcasm in my typing??? Lucas finds the key and does a picnic table animation!!! WooHoo! You add more to the birthing animations, and all I can do is download them and wait for my laptop to return. Oh... what am I typing on, you ask? Travel laptop. And somehow, the game is busted and shuts down after loading. (((

Ā 

I have a lot to look forward too!

4 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

And somehow, the game is busted and shuts down after loading

Sorry about your nice laptop went crazy, but sooner or later everybody will face that once you use win10 and be online with that.

On your game, you are sure you did not bust the limits of the 32bit game meanwhile with many huge merged files ?

4 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

You add more to the birthing animations

You are sure, your laptop lead you to the right thread ? This birthing thing is from Sims3Lynn......

(but maybe I misunderstand again something)

Ā 

However, actually I am ready to upload an update of my animation variants too but hesitate a little since Lukas is very active last times

and I tend to await a more "quiet" time here on this forum.......

4 hours ago, Clydie said:

You are sure, your laptop lead you to the right thread ?

No, something misdirected me, as I went from the download page for new birthing animations, which now appear to be missing, to here.

15 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

What a great time for my laptop to have pooped itself! Can you hear the sarcasm in my typing??? Lucas finds the key and does a picnic table animation!!! WooHoo! You add more to the birthing animations, and all I can do is download them and wait for my laptop to return. Oh... what am I typing on, you ask? Travel laptop. And somehow, the game is busted and shuts down after loading. (((

Ā 

I have a lot to look forward too!

Hello, I am the creator of the birthing animations and they are still available. I only added new pics and a video sample. And yes, I am adding new birthing and labor animations and also woohoo (foreplay) animations.Ā 

Ā 

PS....I also create animations from poses. If you see a pose that you would like to have made into an animation, find my thread and send me a pic and request. I GIVE CREDIT TO ALL Ā ORIGINAL CREATORS WHEN DEVELOPINGĀ ANIMATIONS FROM THEIR POSES!

@S3LynnMods, I love your animations... only got to see them twice before my game laptop pooped itself. It will be Tuesday before it can be fixed. ((( Today, I find myself on laptop 3 (a very cheap, 8 yo Toshiba that was retired 4 years ago, but just won't die!), as I am having issues with TS3 working at all on the travel laptop. Even my work is on hold, as I can't even look at it in game.Ā 

Ā 

As I said before, whatever YOU do with your animations will be greatly appreciated by me, and many other people!

@Clydie, @lucas1i, Well, I'm persistent if nothing else! I have a new approach to the picnic table, which (so far) appears to be much simpler for someone who isn't going to edit their xml's...

Ā 

It involves using testing cheats, but... 1) I cloned aĀ dining table in TSRW. 2) extracted the mesh as .obj. 3) Did the same with the picnic table. 4) Both .objs in Blender, I deleted all of the dining table faces, EXCEPT the top faces and very bottoms of the legs. I sized and aligned the top to be just inside of the picnic table and reversed the normals so it would be invisible in game. Next, I moved the bottoms of the legs up so they are under the bottom of the picnic table and resized them. This gives you something to click on to start dining table animations, doesn't look too bad, and can be recolored to match the picnic table! 5) Export the new dining table and import to TSRW. 6) Rinse and repeat for LOD2. 7) Deleted the shadows from the dining table as we want only the picnic table to cast shadows. ? Made the package to test in game. 9) Buy both tables. 10) Use "moveobjects on" to place the dining table inside the picnic table!!!

Ā 

Early tests look good! So, just click on the leg stubs under the picnic table top, and you get dining table animations options. Sims align to the invisible dining table top and do their thing on the picnic table!

Spoiler

Capture.PNG.29230ae3b790c39aa121f838068e3753.PNG

1.PNG.0478d9585d14eded225d242e34e1cb81.PNG

Screenshot-374.jpg.b8f0069912dcefea7add673eed6cdb2e.jpg

In the red oval is the stub to click on for dining table animations.Ā ?

1 hour ago, LadySmoks said:

It involves using testing cheats, but... 1) I cloned aĀ dining table in TSRW. 2) extracted the mesh as .obj. 3) Did the same with the picnic table. 4) Both .objs in Blender, I deleted all of the dining table faces, EXCEPT the top faces and very bottoms of the legs. I sized and aligned the top to be just inside of the picnic table and reversed the normals so it would be invisible in game. Next, I moved the bottoms of the legs up so they are under the bottom of the picnic table and resized them. This gives you something to click on to start dining table animations, doesn't look too bad, and can be recolored to match the picnic table! 5) Export the new dining table and import to TSRW. 6) Rinse and repeat for LOD2. 7) Deleted the shadows from the dining table as we want only the picnic table to cast shadows. ? Made the package to test in game. 9) Buy both tables. 10) Use "moveobjects on" to place the dining table inside the picnic table!!!

Ā 

Early tests look good! So, just click on the leg stubs under the picnic table top, and you get dining table animations options. Sims align to the invisible dining table top and do their thing on the picnic table!

Wow a amazing idea and a great work you did. Your screen shoot looks good too.

I am just about to update the animation variants and at least therein is one for the picnic table too and I will show how you can easy add three more.

For that I went to almost all dining table animations I have (a lot I can say)Ā  and actually found them all aligned to the middle of the table but not to the end of the table, despite some (or all) of this dining table animations sometimes appear in the game on the end of the table too. Thought that is may the case if the table is equipped with chairs and then the game (or object) rotates the animation by himself.Ā  Actually it is hard to believe for me but I did not went any further into this, because of @lucas1i who found the keyword for the picnic table. I do not know how your mod for the table will ensure, that the action is only taken on the end of the table. If so, you can almost use all animations from the dining table without the actors clip into it or into the bench......Ā 

Funny on dining table I face is, one actor do his thing on one end the other actor on the other. Sometimes even with three actors, two on one end one on the other and sometimes the actors do their thing just in the middle of the table. ?

Did not found out what this causes up to now.Ā 

Please keep us informed about your great work on that !

Ā 

But I should upload the update of the variants now......

JUST DONE !! - Have look if you like

36 minutes ago, Clydie said:

I do not know how your mod for the table will ensure, that the action is only taken on the end of the table.

That is easy! Look at the second picture... the part that is the dining table is orange. You see the stubs that were the table legs are hanging below the picnic table top. This way, you simply click that part to activate the dining table animations. They can be colored to the same as the picnic table, so less noticed, or, make them a different color so you see them easier, and I leave one in each corner of the table. It is a separate piece from the picnic table, so you must buy it separately in the dining table section, use moveobjects on, and place it inside of the picnic table. You can still click directly on the picnic table to activate those animations with no problems. )))

Ā 

I am using not my regular laptop, but will check your animations when I restart my game.

16 minutes ago, LadySmoks said:

This way, you simply click that part to activate the dining table animations.

Ā .... You can still click directly on the picnic table to activate those animations with no problems. )))

WOW !Ā  OK ....... Will check and try that immediately once you made it available.

Hope your good machine will be cured soon.

Good look and thank you

Thanx for the new anims.. Lucas just did an update too and not sure if K69 has some new stuff on the horizon too..Ā  im still trying to finish my Metal Gear Solid builds for GTA Online survivals on ps4 so its going to be a little while before i can get to grips with animating anything and after loading blender for 1st time it ma be a steep learning curve as had NO CLUE what i was doing even with the rig linked to me other day..

I dont want to be a patreon pusher but guys n gals like Lucas, Clydie.. ones that actually update often and have good communication should get featured and supported more.. we all want more animations and in a dying market of animators for ts3 id like them supported a lot more than are.. ie Lucas - 3 supporters..... horrible support for a great animator and quality work.. havent looked if Clydie has one yet but if so consider me supported in your efforts..

4 hours ago, CrowangelGaming said:

consider me supported in your efforts

Thank you for that.

Never ever I would be at Patreon or similar.

If people like what I am doing is enough worth for me.

To be honest, I just share what I like to do for myself to enhance the game a little and learn about animating with Blender where I started with zero knowledge a while ago. That is all about......