Just thought i would let you know Reginald that the Mod  Eden Voice Assistant Plays up with Ivy"s Hyper Combat Holotape Quest Line  install lines it wont let you see the install line to click install just so you know i could not do it so i did an uninstall of that Mod  and loaded the save before entering underground at the trap door and all worked fine so just to let you know hope it helps anyone having an issue

1 hour ago, Azzhat said:

I'm worried that the holotape for her first quest might not have appeared. Could someone tell me where exactly it is? Just make sure to use the spoiler text option. Please and thanks!

I've added a video on how to find it (spoiler free and a spoiler version) on how to find it here: (See the post bottom thread)

1 hour ago, steve6419 said:

Just thought i would let you know Reginald that the Mod  Eden Voice Assistant Plays up with Ivy"s Hyper Combat Holotape Quest Line  install lines it wont let you see the install line to click install just so you know i could not do it so i did an uninstall of that Mod  and loaded the save before entering underground at the trap door and all worked fine so just to let you know hope it helps anyone having an issue

I don't know Eden Voice Assistant, thanks I'll check it out.

(deliberately vague, spoiler free Ivy experience)

I decided to set up an "Ivy Special" profile using MY version of vanlla FO4 (ie. modded the H*** out of it) for Ivy 5.0 starting with a clean install direct from Steam.
I do a lot of testing to get MY FO4 working right, which I do by starting a new game each time as I fix both my errors and Bugthesda's errors.

Ivy 5.0 worked as I had come to expect from my experience with Ivy 4.0 except for one time - Ivy was in a completely new state -

"man what did I do to break her?!" I thought to myself... then she spoke....

That was the point I realized that Ivy 5.0 was going to be quite the ride!

Brilliant Reginald!   Thanks

5 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

I've added a video on how to find it (spoiler free and a spoiler version) on how to find it here: (See the post bottom thread)

I don't know Eden Voice Assistant, thanks I'll check it out.

I apologize I meant for the Hypercombat! quest.

Just started a new playthrough with her (5.0 updated to 5.1 before I left the cellar with her) forgot to actually install the everyone's best friend for Dogmeat  so I could run her and the doggo together but... Here's the odd part, recruited Dogmeat and she was dismissed I thought (got the select settlement to send to box) but she just followed us around even all the way through the Museum as I tested how long she was going to hang around. She even kept on killing everything in sight as she acted like she was still a companion though she only gave combat quotes nothing idle related or chatty to the museum mob as far as I heard.

6 minutes ago, Foxyblood said:

Just started a new playthrough with her (5.0 updated to 5.1 before I left the cellar with her) forgot to actually install the everyone's best friend for Dogmeat  so I could run her and the doggo together but... Here's the odd part, recruited Dogmeat and she was dismissed I thought (got the select settlement to send to box) but she just followed us around even all the way through the Museum as I tested how long she was going to hang around. She even kept on killing everything in sight as she acted like she was still a companion though she only gave combat quotes nothing idle related or chatty to the museum mob as far as I heard.

It sounds like Ivy is just not wanting to let go. :)

Seriously though: This is a package that seems to activate which was made for 'soft recruition'. I'll look into it. It's happened only once and I wasn't able to reproduce it. But I'll just remove that entire package. The work around for now is to rehire her, dismiss her fully through dialogue.

Very minor bug.  I downloaded Ivy 5.1 and unzipped the two files into one file which is tagged as Companion Ivy 5.1.z.   Upon being installed via NMM it showed as being Companion Ivy 5.0 in NMM but a file size comparision showed it was the same size - 285MB in the NMM mods folder as the unzipped file in the Downloads/Companion Ivy folder. 

Great job!

The only bug I have found so far is in Ivy's memory.

The console just before the big room there is not room to activate. I tried a half dozen times, from different directions including sitting first.

I get hung up, with no way to release except loading a previous save. Just not room for the terminal, chair, and wall.

What actually worked for me, and would do for a permanent fix: Disable the chair. It is not needed to use the terminal.

18 minutes ago, fred200 said:

Great job!

The only bug I have found so far is in Ivy's memory.

The console just before the big room there is not room to activate. I tried a half dozen times, from different directions including sitting first.

I get hung up, with no way to release except loading a previous save. Just not room for the terminal, chair, and wall.

What actually worked for me, and would do for a permanent fix: Disable the chair. It is not needed to use the terminal.

Thanks! Can you make a screenshot of the area and terminal?

48 minutes ago, Celedhring said:

Very minor bug.  I downloaded Ivy 5.1 and unzipped the two files into one file which is tagged as Companion Ivy 5.1.z.   Upon being installed via NMM it showed as being Companion Ivy 5.0 in NMM but a file size comparision showed it was the same size - 285MB in the NMM mods folder as the unzipped file in the Downloads/Companion Ivy folder. 

Looks like an NMM issue or something. ?

I just tried this mod. It's bloody amazing. You did one fockin hell of a job Reginald.

But I know how to make it even better. What if she can be the first thing when you'll get out of your cryopod? Standing there, near the terminal, coordinating the unlocking procedure of your cryopod with some mysterious people using her built-in radio. Then coming to you and saying "Hello". And then telling you that she will help you to get Shaun back since she has found records about your family and Vault 111 and decided to help since she hates the Institute.

Now that would be an introduction!

Reginald, old boy, you have made my Christmas (hopefully)... I got back from "FuckmeImdeadistan" a month ago to an empty house, a dog left at my Brothers and a computer that, when booted up started upgrading Win10 and subsequently died (thanks a lot Microsoft).. now i´m waiting for the nice repair guy to finish rebuilding my rig, using a borrowed laptop and reading about my favourite girl (well, she is now since the number one spot got vacated).. I just want to thank you for brightening my life a bit and I hope that , when  my rig gets back, and my life for that matter.. the new and exciting adventures of Ivy and the klutz (Ivy 5.1) will bring me as much joy as the adventures of Ivy and the bumbling idiot (Ivy 4.0).. Thanks Reg.. have a merry Christmas..

10 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

It sounds like Ivy is just not wanting to let go. :)

Seriously though: This is a package that seems to activate which was made for 'soft recruition'. I'll look into it. It's happened only once and I wasn't able to reproduce it. But I'll just remove that entire package. The work around for now is to rehire her, dismiss her fully through dialogue.

All good, rehired her just before the big fight outside the museum and so far so good on her. Side note think she may be a tad over armed for the starting area with that hand canon of hers, I killed maybe two of the raiders in the same time she cleared out all but one of the rest, Last girl was mauled by the deathclaw before Ivy all but decapitated it letting me blink a few times then finish off the poor thing with a base damage 10mm. (on very hard more by the by) Got her in a spare vault suit now harassing Sturges (Is it me or does she realy not like the poor guy?) while I build a bit in Sanctuary. And that dalek impersonation scared the tar out of me when she did it while maiming mole rats.

On 12/15/2019 at 2:05 AM, Reginald_001 said:

I (and the test team) have not tested Ivy with Start Me Up. Ivy integrates with Vanilla quests. So if those quests are removed by another mod it's gonna be hard to fix that.

Regarding the keyword if you place before AK, you loose the keyword, after AK you loose a line of dialogue when Ivy wears a gassmask, it's up to you.

Where did you read that it's technically impossible to recruit other followers with her installed? It was never said anywhere that you cannot run with other companions at all. No need to miss their perks. Just dismiss Ivy when you're ready to recruit them. Dismissing her has no effect on affinity. :)

Please make sure to READ THE MANUAL properly.

AFT breaks the follower scripts, it OVERWRITES Vanilla game assets. Please see the factsheet for all AFT related questions:

Reveal hidden contents

aft_xdi_fact_sheet.jpg.f4f63cf2a63dbb5c67bd471b9e9c0fbc.jpg

I did not say it was technically impossible to run AFT with Ivy, I was just going by your post on the description screen

DON'T RUN IVY WITH A.F.T.

I use AFT in order to run with multiple followers so I can place them in settlements, so looking at the above statement it appears that aft would break Ivy. That's all I was saying, I really enjoy using Ivy but need AFT for other settlers and the campsite.