Vor 45 Minuten sagte MilfSimmer:

Kurze Frage zur Todeskrallenkopf-Trophäe. Ich habe keinen Dialog oder so für sie, hat es einen Nutzen?

Enthüllen Sie versteckte Inhalte

image.png.87bbf0d225fb14f323964a2f41ac35f6.png

I can only speculate here:

sometimes when a mod tells a story, things are left over at the end that you thought you needed at the beginning of the work...

...as the story grew, there was no longer any room to accommodate this idea in a meaningful way

and so it remained as a prop without any further meaning

that would be one interpretation

but another one leads me to something that would end up being a "spoiler" and if you play through Ivy for the first time I want you to

not spoil the possible surprise effect

Spoiler

Ich kann hier nur spekulieren:

manchmal bleiben bei einem Mod der eine Geschichte erzählt zum schluss DInge übrig die man am Anfang der Arbeit glaubte zu benötigen...

...mit der Zeit in der die Geschichte wuchs fand man keinen Platz mehr diese Idee sinnvoll unter zu bringen

und so bliebt es halt als Requisit zurück ohne nähere Bedeutung

das wäre die eine Deutung

eine andere führt mich aber zu etwas das in einen "spoiler" münden würde und wenn sie Ivy das erste Mal durchspielen möchte ich ihnen

den möglichen Überraschungseffekt nicht verderben

8 hours ago, MilfSimmer said:

Quick question, about the Deathclaw Head Trophy. I don't have any dialogue or so for her, does it have any use ?

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.87bbf0d225fb14f323964a2f41ac35f6.png

I've heard you can drop it on the ground in a settlement, pick it up, and place it on a wall.  Never tried it but you never know until you do.

2 hours ago, Dreamer1986 said:

Does anyone know if Ivy works in Fallout 4 VR?

Yes she does. There is even a specific VR patch for her in the download folder on GDrive. I have played and finished her entire quest in VR. The Nuka World parts are a bit janky, because simply Nuka World IS very janky in VR. Some areas don't load right and you walk on thin air to get to a holotape or something else to further Ivy's quest.

Another thing that's janky is the final custom level in Ivy's quest. It's supposed to make the player very small, but that doesn't work in VR so the area seems small and awkward to navigate, things seem to small and you seem too big. There's nothing that can be done about it (other than the workaround described below) and you need to walk around things to figure stuff out. I did manage to finish the final level in VR but it took some reloading here and there to get the patch right, as you're more easily caught by the searchlights when you're so big.

You CAN temporarily fix this by adjusting the VR WORLD SIZE in the VR portion of the settings menu and make it so the world is very large, making you smaller in VR. This works, but makes other assets like weapons seem very big, so it's a trade off.

So 99.8% of Ivy works perfectly in VR and half the time I play(test) Ivy, I do it in VR. There's nothing like sitting down on a chair, plant Ivy next to you in VR and simply sit and chat with her in the https://www.loverslab.com/topic/172576-red-rocket-luxurious-underground-living-estate/

Edited by Reginald_001

it is minor PATCH time for v6.0! Attached the patch that fixes the textures in the Holotapes. File also available through the google drive link below. Drag/Drop into your mod organizer, or unzip manually into your fallout4 directory.

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/folders/1XvW4d4dNf5KeRRrmv6cM4NmdO3s0RY-T

CompanionIvy_TexturesPatch6.0.7z

4 hours ago, Winded1 said:

Where can I find patches for Ivy 6.0? Specifically for Extended Dialog Interface.  The search feature on this site isn't the most...dependable. 

Edit: Nevermind, found it on Nexus. 

You don't need it. You can ignore the warning messages.

2 hours ago, justkaka said:

Is there any easy way to talk to Little Debbie again?

Debby seem have many coversion, but so depress and dark  in quest. I didn,t want stay long.

After the quest. i use "moveto" meet her, but she not say anything.

little Debbie is a fragment of Ivy's mind. you only get what conversation you have when you are inside Ivy's mind.

simply put, she's essentially a figment of the imagination.

Vor 4 Stunden sagte IBAGadget:

Die kleine Debbie ist ein Fragment von Ivys Gedanken. Sie erfahren nur, welche Konversation Sie führen, wenn Sie in Ivys Gedanken sind.

Einfach gesagt, sie ist im Wesentlichen eine Erfindung der Fantasie.

Isn't every personality an "invention" of one's own consciousness?

Psychology or psychiatry ultimately uses model constructions to make the processes (in the head) manageable

so is the term "multiple" personality - which I use myself in understanding Ivy (for me).

and "Debbie" (in my view) one of those "disconnected" (and locked) personality parts

Spoiler

Ist eigentlich nicht jede Persönlichkeit eine "Erfindung" des eigenen Bewusstseins?

Psychologie bzw. Psychatrie benutzt letztlich Modell-Konstruktionen um die Vorgänge (im Kopf) in händelbar zu machen

so ist es auch mit dem Begriff "multiple" Persönlichkeit - die ich selbst beim Begreifen von Ivy (für mich) anwende

und "Debbie" (nach meiner Ansicht) eine dieser "abgetrennten" (und verschlossenen) Persönlichkeits-Teile

4 hours ago, Miauzi said:

Isn't every personality an "invention" of one's own consciousness?

Psychology or psychiatry ultimately uses model constructions to make the processes (in the head) manageable

so is the term "multiple" personality - which I use myself in understanding Ivy (for me).

and "Debbie" (in my view) one of those "disconnected" (and locked) personality parts

Hide contents

Ist eigentlich nicht jede Persönlichkeit eine "Erfindung" des eigenen Bewusstseins?

Psychologie bzw. Psychatrie benutzt letztlich Modell-Konstruktionen um die Vorgänge (im Kopf) in händelbar zu machen

so ist es auch mit dem Begriff "multiple" Persönlichkeit - die ich selbst beim Begreifen von Ivy (für mich) anwende

und "Debbie" (nach meiner Ansicht) eine dieser "abgetrennten" (und verschlossenen) Persönlichkeits-Teile

It's dissociative identity disorder, coupled with a lot of childhood trauma.

This wiki article is far from accurate, but it's a start: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dissociative_identity_disorder

The crux being that DID cannot form after ages 6-9, because the full identity is established by that time and the conscious mind has full access to all memories. But extreme trauma before that time can cause actual different personality to form within oneself, leading to DID that can express itself in several forms of intensity.

In the case of Ivy, very intense, and then compounded by the migration of her brain into a synth body.

For more information, read Dr. Black's notes called: 'The Pharaonic model' (notes 1 and 2) inside the last Ivy quest called 'Steins Construct'.

Edited by Reginald_001
Vor 16 Minuten sagte Reginald_001:

Es ist eine dissoziative Identitätsstörung, gepaart mit vielen Kindheitstraumata.

Dieser Wiki-Artikel ist alles andere als genau, aber er ist ein Anfang: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dissociative_identity_disorder

Der springende Punkt ist, dass sich DIS nach dem 6. bis 9. Lebensjahr nicht mehr bilden kann, da die vollständige Identität zu diesem Zeitpunkt etabliert ist und das Bewusstsein vollen Zugriff auf alle Erinnerungen hat. Aber ein extremes Trauma vor dieser Zeit kann dazu führen, dass sich in einem selbst tatsächlich eine andere Persönlichkeit bildet, was zu einer DIS führt, die sich in verschiedenen Formen der Intensität ausdrücken kann.

Im Fall von Ivy sehr intensiv und dann verstärkt durch die Migration ihres Gehirns in einen Synth-Körper.

Für weitere Informationen lesen Sie die Notizen von Dr. Black mit dem Titel: „Das pharaonische Modell“ (Notizen 1 und 2) in der letzten Ivy-Quest namens „Steins Construct“.

@Reginald - my own wife has this "disorder" - I myself have experienced several times how her personality "changed" from one second to the next

if you're not prepared for it - it's as horrifying as it is for the person to whom it happens.

and believe me - the wiki article is also so imprecise because the "psychos" themselves know next to nothing

they came up with a few explanatory models - but in the conversations I had with them about my wife - they gave theirs

ignorance open to

Fortunately, all of this is currently "contained" - our own story is already terrifyingly similar in many passages to the destiny community "Spieler&Ivy"

especially the part in "Nuka-World"

(there are no more details about this in this public - I hope you understand that)

Spoiler

@Reginald - meine eigene Ehefrau hat diese "Störung" - ich habe selbst mehrfach erlebt wie von einer sek auf die andere ihre Persönlichkeit "wechselte"

wenn man darauf nicht vorbereitet ist - ist es ebenso ein Horror wie für die Person der es passiert.

und glaube mir - der Wiki-Artikel ist auch dehalb so ungenau weil die "Psychos" selbst so gut wie nix wissen

sie haben sich da ein paar Erklärungs-Modelle zurecht gelegt - aber in den Gesprächen die ich mit ihnen wegen meiner Frau führte - gaben sie ihre

Ahnungslosigkeit offen zu

Zum Glück ist das alles derzeit "eingedämmt" - unsere eigene geschichte gleicht schon in vielen Passagen erschreckend der Schicksals-Gemeinschaft "Spieler&Ivy"

besonders der Teil in "Nuka-World"

(mehr Details gibt es dazu in dieser Öffentlichkeit nicht - ich hoffe Sie verstehen das)

I'm currently working on the first chapters of my own "light novell" - I hope to be able to publish the beginning of it by the end of next week

Ivy will be my char's most important companion in 1/4 or 1/3 of the story - both have similar if not identical destinies

experienced.
How the player character Ivy perceives will be my very own interpretation - it may well differ from yours.

So just out of curiousity, Liga of Companions multi-follower mod has released an update that supposedly gives the option to use a version that doesn't use the FollowerScript.pex file.  I know that past versions of Liga have not been fully compatible with Ivy, and there is the possibility of missing lots of dialogue.

Has anyone tried this new Liga version or had a look to see how it would work alongside Ivy?  That mod author does say it's not convenient to use.

I know Reginald you have your own multi-follower mod, which would let me use Ivy and Darlene, but still wouldn't let me use the vanilla companions.  I'm wondering if the new, non follower script version will any more compatible.

20 hours ago, travelmedic said:

I know Reginald you have your own multi-follower mod, which would let me use Ivy and Darlene, but still wouldn't let me use the vanilla companions.  I'm wondering if the new, non follower script version will any more compatible.

Not sure where you got that info, but RAM-FM works perfectly for vanilla followers. ;)

14 minutes ago, Reginald_001 said:

Not sure where you got that info, but RAM-FM works perfectly for vanilla followers. ;)

Let me rephrase because it wasn't clear what I meant - 

Yes, of course RAM-FM works perfectly for vanilla followers.  What I meant was I want to use Ivy and Darlene (another custom companion, from Nexus, who also uses vanilla framework) at the same time, and also have a regular vanilla companion or two (i.e. Piper or Cait or Nick, etc.) all at the same time, for a total of 3 or 4 companions at once.  It's my understanding/recollection that with RAM-FM I can have two companions (Ivy and Darlene or Ivy and Piper or Ivy and Danse, etc.) only, or two with Dogmeat if I use Everyone's Best Friend.

Well now I'm headed to your Discord to see if I'm going crazy.

My original question still stands about the new Liga though, if anyone has tested it.

27 minutes ago, travelmedic said:

Well now I'm headed to your Discord to see if I'm going crazy.

That is a paradox. We are all crazy on the Discord. :P

But in terms of RAM-FM.

1 - Extra 'vanilla/regular' follower.

plus

1 - Extra 'anything that wasn't meant as follower' (e.g. dogs, monsters, ghouls, etc..)

Edited by Reginald_001

*SPOILER*

Now that I've found Ivy, I'm unable to go for a FO4 play-through without her.

Not even mentioning all the features she has offer compared with any other vanilla or custom NPC, I'll say you can't miss, if you have any sci-fi culture, how rich that character is. Now close your eyes and imagine a nympho T-X (Terminator 3) replicant (Blade runner) referring to Asimov robotic existential issues... I f*cking love it !

The problem is : I can't either conceive a FO4 play-through without AFT... No ! That mod isn't crap ; it makes things so much more simple if you want to focus on the RPG dimension of the game : cleaning up settlements, assigning custom homes to followers, locating them, setting their outfits according to the places they are in, etc..

Ivy is great, but way too binary as she is now, just like Deborah in "Into the deep quest" ; you have to choose : It's her only or the other companions ; it's her only or all the AFT features. I think that's why there were so many posts about AFT. And I won't believe those two mods can't be compatible.

Now I'm gonna share my own gaming experience. I had a play-through with Ivy and without AFT. Then I had a play-through with both Ivy and AFT running (making AFT ignore Ivy) ; and it turns out I wasn't able to notice any difference in Ivy's behavior, which makes me wonder what the heck is all the fun I'm missing about Ivy using AFT. Yeah : the creator keeps telling us about all the fun we're missing but doesn't want to be more specific. What exactly are we missing ? Maybe it could help some players making their choice and deciding how they want to play. Anyway, after hesitating a lot, I've made up my mind : I'll keep running both mods making AFT ignore Ivy.

Edited by Ombreluc
On 10/18/2022 at 5:36 PM, Reginald_001 said:

Let me rephrase that yet again. Just found a tiny bug with MacCready, where you have to have hired him ONCE normally, before you can then recruit/dismiss him as usual through the holotape. ;)