Just now, D C said:

So i got around the wet by using wet body mod and replacing your specular files with that mod ones

You can do that, but it will cause seams at the neck, wrists and ankles, and will also mean the fin and tail won't match the body in shine either.

Which mod did you use? If permissions are open I may look into using it as a base and making alternate "wet" textures myself.

3 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

You can do that, but it will cause seams at the neck, wrists and ankles, and will also mean the fin and tail won't match the body in shine either.

Which mod did you use? If permissions are open I may look into using it as a base and making alternate "wet" textures myself.

Would be curious too becuase would be nice to have a wet version or a more wet shark for rain or just in general but compatible with shark. also could make your own wet shark textures version as a alternate to the base for those that like shiny wet sharkies all the time 

21 minutes ago, CJD1312 said:

This is annoying AF. No matter what option I choose in Bodyslide, I always seem to get this extra wide waist BS....any advice, am i missing something..??

Did you make sure to build the "Shark Race CBBE (Beast Feet)" set? As stated in the description, by default female Selachii will use that separate body to get the beast feet, so if you are generating only the default/human CBBE body it won't have any effect on them (unless you apply the "Human Feet" option in LooksMenu, which forces them to use the default human naked body mesh instead).

Otherwise, the Beast Feet set is exactly the same as the base CBBE sliders except for the beast feet, so there is no reason for presets to look different on it.

EDIT: also check the values you've chosen for the vanilla body shape triangle, it can change the body shape as well and may be skewing your results. The dot must be at the center of the triangle to get the exact same shape as the Bodyslide-generated one.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/37263

I used this

Replaced all the female specular files with this mods specular files

Even the fins and tails

Works great but sadly there are some face and first person hand black patchs here and there

But the body and tail and also fin are working fine and looking wet without rain and also no seam issues or black patches in the body

Anyway looking forward for the clawed hand and longer snout 

By the way,  expressions of the face are bad then mass effect Andromeda (don't mind)

Can you do something like the vulpine race?

I mean the eyes look emotion less while talking

Just completed the prologue

12 minutes ago, D C said:

Permissions are restricted, looks like I would have to ask first before I could use them in the mod, and that's assuming they allowed me to do so.

I may give a shot at blending them properly for use with the sharks and ask the author about including it in the mod if I like the result, but no promises so far.

looking forward for the clawed hand and longer snout 

I didn't say I was going to do it, just that I might. For the record, the long snout option is much more likely to happen (but not sure either) because I only need to figure out how to get the morphs to load; the clawed hands would require new meshes and rigging so that's more difficult.

By the way,  expressions of the face are bad then mass effect Andromeda (don't mind)

Can you do something like the vulpine race?

I had to half-ass the face morphs by reusing Skyrim ones and basically eyeball them using Vulpines as a reference, so yeah, they are bad indeed. Not much I can do about them at the moment, though.

28 minutes ago, phillipswilliam92 said:

Ok so I have a request, Can you make a Selachii NPC replacer for Cait so that she is an Selachii?

NPC replacers aren't exactly high-priority for me right now, but if it's just her, I could do it as a proof of concept and as a simple "addon" for the race so you can use it for something else than changing the PC's race. I'll have to think about it.

If you (or anyone else) is willing to make a preset for hypothetical Selachii!Cait's appearance, that would definitely speed things up, as designing her looks is what would take me the longest if I go ahead. Main way to share would be to simply upload a LooksMenu preset, but the NPC face transfer tool works with saves so if sharing a save file is easier for some reason that could work as well (preferably LM presets, though).

1 hour ago, Blaze69 said:

If you (or anyone else) is willing to make a preset for hypothetical Selachii!Cait's appearance, that would definitely speed things up, as designing her looks is what would take me the longest if I go ahead. Main way to share would be to simply upload a LooksMenu preset, but the NPC face transfer tool works with saves so if sharing a save file is easier for some reason that could work as well (preferably LM presets, though).

Did this kind of quickly, but how is this as a starting point?

SelachiiCait1.png.7b3492eb77495b6312bbea8b98e53c9e.png

Selachii-Cait.7z

4 minutes ago, Kuroyami said:

Did this kind of quickly, but how is this as a starting point?

That should work. I don't think I'll make any changes unless I get some sudden inspiration while exporting it, so if you come up with any tweaks, do send the updated file my way.

I'll see what I can do, but I'm currently wrestling with the game and trying to find out why my just-made wet speculars cause the brown face bug even though they are the exact same size and format as the default ones. So it may be a while until I get down to working on Cait.

1 hour ago, Kuroyami said:

[...]

Scratch that, put the specular thing on hold for now. Can't figure out why the game refuses to load it and I'm tired of banging my head against the desk because of its crap. So I took a quick shot at the Cait replacer instead and it seems to be working. Didn't run any extensive testing but if she loads properly at first there's no reason for her to bug out afterwards or anything.

I'll upload the file right away. If you give it a shot, do let me know if you come across any issues. And as I said, if you get around to updating/tweaking/improving her preset just let me know and I'll update the replacer plugin as soon as I can.

13 minutes ago, amuttmonkey said:

Any idea how to make physics work on this body?

If you mean CBP physics, the custom body should get them applied right away because it's (mostly) a normal CBBE body except for the feet so the bones are the right ones and such. I'm not using it right now but I have in the past and everything worked fine for me when I did.

If you mean cloth physics, I don't know why you would want to use such an old and outdated method, but nope, the "beast feet" body does not have a "cloth physics" variant so you can't get those (at least not while keeping the beast feet).

So , did you ask for the permission from them?

15 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

Permissions are restricted, looks like I would have to ask first before I could use them in the mod, and that's assuming they allowed me to do so.

I may give a shot at blending them properly for use with the sharks and ask the author about including it in the mod if I like the result, but no promises so far.

I didn't say I was going to do it, just that I might. For the record, the long snout option is much more likely to happen (but not sure either) because I only need to figure out how to get the morphs to load; the clawed hands would require new meshes and rigging so that's more difficult.

I had to half-ass the face morphs by reusing Skyrim ones and basically eyeball them using Vulpines as a reference, so yeah, they are bad indeed. Not much I can do about them at the moment, though.

Hope you get the permission

Cause I'm playing with it and not getting any problems So far

Will share pics soon

Edit* cbp physics are working fine with the body

11 minutes ago, D C said:

So , did you ask for the permission from them?

I haven't because I wanted to make sure I liked the result and could actually pack the files with the mod.

I've actually made the textures already and they should be mostly seamless (though the head one may look a bit wonky when used with short/mohawk/shaved hairs), but I'm having some serious trouble getting the game to load the head specular. The game is very anal-retentive about head texture sizes and formats sometimes, and right now it refuses to load the new specular for some reason even though it's the exact same size and format as the original ones; there's also the issue of LooksMenu skin overrides sometimes not persisting across saves or requiring you to unequip and re-equip the torso armor before they load properly, so even if I got the head specs to load there could still be some bugs with it.

Worst case scenario if I do get it to load I may add it as a full texture replacer instead of as an alternate skin option in LooksMenu; it's not the way I would have liked to do it but I guess it's better than nothing. No point in doing that or asking for permission until I can get the damned head spec to load, though.

20 minutes ago, ozzymandias said:

my one complaint is i'm not a fan of snouts, is there a way to either use a default head or perhaps the nanachan anime head? and still keep the rest of the mod?

Nope. Don't like human heads on my anthros (though I don't even really consider them anthros anymore if they have human heads) so I won't be doing anything like that myself at all.

If someone else ever wants to do something like that, they can feel free to do so provided they follow all permissions for my mod and the assets in it from other modders and give proper credit and all that, though.

2 hours ago, D C said:

Well you can just replace the head nif file in the shark in meshes and replace it whatever head you like

It's not that easy. All the head .tri files would have to be replaced with the corresponding ones for the new head, and same would need to be done with the eye meshes. Also human heads tend to include the HeadRear and the Mouth as separate extra parts (instead of being part of the main head mesh as they are here), so the plugin would have to be edited to add those too. And obviously custom textures would also be needed to get said heads to match the shark body textures.

As I said, not gonna happen from my end at all and doing it would take some work. If someone wants to use my assets to make their own human-like non-anthro shark race, I'm okay with that as long as permissions and credits are respected. (And also provided the custom race isn't called Selachii too, as real Selachii have proper beast heads and snouts and they always will).

On 12/10/2019 at 1:19 AM, Blaze69 said:

If you mean CBP physics, the custom body should get them applied right away because it's (mostly) a normal CBBE body except for the feet so the bones are the right ones and such. I'm not using it right now but I have in the past and everything worked fine for me when I did.

If you mean cloth physics, I don't know why you would want to use such an old and outdated method, but nope, the "beast feet" body does not have a "cloth physics" variant so you can't get those (at least not while keeping the beast feet).

Oh totally fine man. I never knew I'd like a mod such as this so much.

1 hour ago, D C said:

so any news on the wet textures

Got the texture mostly done except for the head, because the LooksMenu skin replacer function seems to have issues loading different face textures sometimes. Haven't heard back from TrophiHunter on permissions but they seem to have read the PM, so I take it that's a no (they could also have forgotten to reply or something like that, but I don't want to press on in case I'm wrong and the ignore means "no" indeed).

So seems like wet skin is a no-go for now unless there's any other wet skin texture out there with open permissions.

and longer snouts?

Haven't looked into it yet so no news for now.

3 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

Got the texture mostly done except for the head, because the LooksMenu skin replacer function seems to have issues loading different face textures sometimes. Haven't heard back from TrophiHunter on permissions but they seem to have read the PM, so I take it that's a no (they could also have forgotten to reply or something like that, but I don't want to press on in case I'm wrong and the ignore means "no" indeed).

So seems like wet skin is a no-go for now unless there's any other wet skin texture out there with open permissions.

Haven't looked into it yet so no news for now.

Can you pm me the textures ? if you dont mind

Ok