IGNORED

[mod] RJW Race Support

NeverLucky4Life

Race Support  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want the next race support update to contain ?

• Animal Mod
    • Alien Race Mod

This poll is closed to new votes

RJW Race Support

View File

What does this file do ?

It causes supported races to spawn with the assigned RJW parts.

This is a purely optional file which adds more immersion to races body parts.

For example that giant spider lady eyeing your females actually spawns with an ovipositor and will proceed to implant eggs and cocoon the victim when conditions are met.

Other scenarios exist.

Place in

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\Mods

Or where ever your RimWorld mods folder is.

Load After

• HumanoidAlienRaces (should be using this)
  • GenderBalancer (if you use it)
  • RJW (have to be using this)

Load Before

• RJW RBSE Patch (just to be safe)

Requires the game rimworld and the mod RJW and all its dependencies to do anything.

RJW can be found here
https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/7257-rimjobworld-291/

Non necessary but recommended:

Gender balancer:

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/121825-rimworld-gender-balancer/

Important when updating please erase all loose files or the entire mod folder before adding new versions

If you see errors post them in the RJW Discord.
Link : Discord

Recommend RJW Related Mods 

Spoiler

Ludeon.png

Steam_tiny.png

Edited by NeverLucky4Life
1 hour ago, zerpwny said:

I play with multiple race mods and will for sure use this. A list of all races this covers would be awesome to know what does and doesn't have support too.

A list is planned, most races will get either generic or human parts. This mod makes it so that supported races get specified parts for spawning with some variances. 

For now you can go into Defs>Racesupport and look through the files as they have the mod name and ID at the top of the file as well as races included listed.

55 minutes ago, MysteriousFox said:

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=37192.0

I checked the files and it doesn't seem like this race is supported. They seem like a pretty easy call, since I think horse dicks are already in RJW, lol.

True I have not made support for them and they would be an easy race to give support to I am just focusing on other things right now so I don't have to go back and do it later for more races at the same time. 
I'll give them support next update if I remember, Thanks for bring this race to my attention.

I do apologize for a stupid question and my horribly barebones knowledge in making patches for Rimworld, but should the additions you have made that have fertility set to true be positively affecting the fertility health info? The ovipositors seem to work on races, but then something like the ChJees Androids still seems to maintain no (0%) fertility unless they were to have the archotech genitals, is this the intended use, or is there perhaps something I misunderstand to the hasFertility check? Thank you for your race support, this has heavily assisted me in future playthroughs, even if it is as simple as OCD adjustments.

1 hour ago, UmbralGlory said:

I do apologize for a stupid question and my horribly barebones knowledge in making patches for Rimworld, but should the additions you have made that have fertility set to true be positively affecting the fertility health info? The ovipositors seem to work on races, but then something like the ChJees Androids still seems to maintain no (0%) fertility unless they were to have the archotech genitals, is this the intended use, or is there perhaps something I misunderstand to the hasFertility check? Thank you for your race support, this has heavily assisted me in future playthroughs, even if it is as simple as OCD adjustments.

Alright so those true/false settings dont actually do anything yet except the single gender one (uses one breast range for all pawns of that race), I included them incase they are in the future and just as a precaution to prevent an error log. The Fertility on Ovis should be 0, ChJees Androids fertility is locked by RJW and yes you will need ArchoTech parts to reproduce with them or any part that adds a flat bonus to fertility. 

This mod has no C# elements so creating a new fertility system is beyond me, I am only using xml to do this mod so far.

I my self find that Androids being infertile in most cases would make sense but I dont think that needing ArchoTech parts being the solution makes sense, I need to look at the RJW RBSE patch maybe it has something that adds fertility.

The reason that I think not all Androids should be fertile is that they were engineered and as you might expect creating an Android which has a plat steel skeleton and flesh like tissue should be expensive, and I would expect a fuck hole to be much cheaper than a fully functional artificial womb and not everyone can afford that. same would probably go for the male Androids, and as the rich have the fertile Androids I would expect to encounter one to be decently rare.

Even then I am very sad I cant just modify the Android with functional testicles or artificial womb and instead have to add a whole Archotech hediff. At least if you want to RP a fertile Android Character Editor and Dev mode allow you to add it easily.

I understand. Thank you much for the clarification. As for the RJW RBSE patch, there /is/ a synthetic uterus and synthetic testicle thing, but so far I've found them to not reliably work on any infertile race, I think it comes down to those synthetics trying to add +20% to the 0% base fertility; I am again mostly clueless to what I talk about, but am glad to further understand.

9 minutes ago, Frutty said:

Hello, u and ur team,helpers done great job, i want ask do u have in plans add this mod support?

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1532938687

The issue with Yokai village is that it uses races and animals from other mods. So some of those races might be supported already in another one of the files unless they gave them a different race name and such in which case it would mean I have to do the same race again or ruin the the neatness of the current format.

I'll look into it some time later but it wont be a high priority.

21 hours ago, NeverLucky4Life said:

Arachne are supported.

Never heard of the harpy girl, send me a link or the file and I can look at it, but just know there is no perfect Genitals optimised for Bird like species yet.

Here's the link! And, Yeah, it's a puzzle. I'm ok with lack of cloaca, but there's no real way for something to lay eggs without laying them in someone else first right now, is there?

6 hours ago, lindazana said:

Here's the link! And, Yeah, it's a puzzle. I'm ok with lack of cloaca, but there's no real way for something to lay eggs without laying them in someone else first right now, is there?

the mod author can have the Race milk-able and allow them to lay eggs, those can then hatch into the parent race. So there is a way to do eggs but that will either be unoptimal or needs C# to get right, I don't do C# and I am not familiar with making animal races so patching them into that will likely not work properly and then I'll have to see about making RJW hediffs that are not fertile and don't implant eggs. 
Life is getting hectic temporarily so I'll look into it but it will not be fast as to get it right would require making hediffs and changing stats. 
I could do a place holder RaceSupport and change it at a later date.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey a heads up, the included readme was unreadable (Heh) due to it having no file extension. It works fine with .txt though.

Also one of the orc bits isn't capitalized whilst the rest are, it would be prudent to make sure all additions are coherent and unified before adding anything else, issues like that can spiral out of control very quickly.

On 12/15/2019 at 3:07 AM, BlunderingFool said:

Hey a heads up, the included readme was unreadable (Heh) due to it having no file extension. It works fine with .txt though.

Also one of the orc bits isn't capitalized whilst the rest are, it would be prudent to make sure all additions are coherent and unified before adding anything else, issues like that can spiral out of control very quickly.

yeah it has no extension but any text editor or reader can ready it issue free so I hardly see an issue that instead of double clicking it you would have to right click it to open with a selected program which is the method I recommend.

Also No 
All the Def names for orcs follow the same Letter Case, what you saw is a label and is just what the game displays on the health tab, this does not cause any issues and will not spiral out of control since it is just a display.

On 12/15/2019 at 5:10 AM, ahnkra said:

Just a shout out to the mod author to say thanks for the mod! between this and another mod I found that actually adds visuals for RJW parts on my pawns, my worlds are starting to become very interesting places to visit ; p

Yes RimNudeWorld is a blessing, I will likely link to it's page when I finally decide to give my Mod page some love, sadly my mod might make life hell for RimNude's author as it adds Hediffs ( Body Parts ) for the most part I will try to use Default Parts from RJW to make life easier for them.

On 12/23/2019 at 6:02 AM, Roshag said:

There is a chance that Kurin race should have "CaninePenis" instead of "DogPenis", otherwise pawn cannot be generated. 

Interesting since I have had 0 issues with Kurin spawning in.

Also DogPenis is the Def and CaninePenis is the label of the same Def. You need to use Defs for parts to be assigned.

Kurin are an all female race the dog penis will rarely ever appear unless you modified their race which is not recommended.

If you have a pawn generation issue it is unlikely to be this mod since if it does not work with this mod it would not have worked with RJW especiallysince this just makes race patches for RJW and Kurin dont have non RJW defaultparts.

Despite me not having any issues with kurin I will look into it in case I have a typo somewhere.