failmuseum

Need help with trait opinion modifiers

I'm making a mod, but I'm having some trouble with one of the traits I'm making. The trait would more or less remove the attraction opinion of other characters with the gluttonous trait (basically someone who doesn't mind gluttony). I could just make it so characters with the trait have an opinion boost with people with the gluttonous trait, but then that creates another problem where the character will have a higher opinion of a gluttonous character that they are not attracted to vs a gluttonous character that would be attracted to. So a straight male character’s relationship buffs would look like this:

female glutton -15 (attraction opinion penalty) + 15 (glutton opinion offset) = +0 opinion total
male glutton -0 (attraction opinion penalty) + 15 (glutton opinion offset) = +15 opinion total

I really don't want to edit a vanilla file just to tweak the gluttonous trait if I can help it. I'd really appreciate the help.

1 hour ago, failmuseum said:

I'm making a mod, but I'm having some trouble with one of the traits I'm making. The trait would more or less remove the attraction opinion of other characters with the gluttonous trait (basically someone who doesn't mind gluttony). I could just make it so characters with the trait have an opinion boost with people with the gluttonous trait, but then that creates another problem where the character will have a higher opinion of a gluttonous character that they are not attracted to vs a gluttonous character that would be attracted to. So a straight male character’s relationship buffs would look like this:

female glutton -15 (attraction opinion penalty) + 15 (glutton opinion offset) = +0 opinion total
male glutton -0 (attraction opinion penalty) + 15 (glutton opinion offset) = +15 opinion total

I really don't want to edit a vanilla file just to tweak the gluttonous trait if I can help it. I'd really appreciate the help.

There's a pinned thread at the top of the forum for these kinds of questions.

But to answer it, edit the trait you are making.

<trait>_opinion will make others like you or hate you if they have that trait.

opinion_of_<trait> will make you like or hate others with that trait.

sex_appeal_opinion will change the opinion toward you of someone who is the correct gender and orientation. This cannot be done in reverse.

Sadly, there is literally no way of combining both the opinion_of_gluttonous and sex_appeal_opinion together to get what you want. You're probably better off making the trait and then setting up some on_action events to give opinion and reverse_opinion commands if a character in your court has gluttony.